Trophy Thoughts

Bartholomuse

I may as well start the obligatory thread (surprised to see someone hadn't already)

So I've done everything except leveling up and prestiging in Sairento, it's difficult to tell how long it well take, campaign completion is very easy and the shinobi difficulty levels are not too bad with some decent skill and weapon upgrades. 90% of the list is a 2/10 difficult wise, but reach level 50 and reach prestige 2 (?) seem like they could bump this to a 3/10, now idea how long it takes to reach prestige (is prestige different from level 50?

I'm playing the game with loads of exp relics slotted and I also play on Shinobi difficulty exclusively, and the leveling still seems to be going at a snails pace imho.

What does everyone else think?

Edit: Two days later and I'm a few levels away from prestige 2, ultimately it's an easy plat, about 20 hours in all I reckon, find a weapon your comfortable with, socket  some exp relics and stick a podcast on, you'll be done in no time. On an unrelated note I think Sairento is on the top shelf of vr games along side Astro, Moss, Superhot, Resi7, Wipeout etc, bloody brilliant game.

Edited by Bartholomuse
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2019 at 0:03 PM, Bartholomuse said:

I may as well start the obligatory thread (surprised to see someone hadn't already)

So I've done everything except leveling up and prestiging in Sairento, it's difficult to tell how long it well take, campaign completion is very easy and the shinobi difficulty levels are not too bad with some decent skill and weapon upgrades. 90% of the list is a 2/10 difficult wise, but reach level 50 and reach prestige 2 (?) seem like they could bump this to a 3/10, now idea how long it takes to reach prestige (is prestige different from level 50?

I'm playing the game with loads of exp relics slotted and I also play on Shinobi difficulty exclusively, and the leveling still seems to be going at a snails pace imho.

What does everyone else think?

Edit: Two days later and I'm a few levels away from prestige 2, ultimately it's an easy plat, about 20 hours in all I reckon, find a weapon your comfortable with, socket  some exp relics and stick a podcast on, you'll be done in no time. On an unrelated note I think Sairento is on the top shelf of vr games along side Astro, Moss, Superhot, Resi7, Wipeout etc, bloody brilliant game.

Seeing as you have the plat, are you planning to make a guide. I'm wanting to rent this game, but would like to know what I'm in for.

No, I simply don't have the time, I'm not sure how much use a guide would get though, 90% of the info you need to plat Sairento has been available since the pc version came out ages ago. The PSVR requirements are actually way more lax since they removed the ridiculous prestige 10 times. It's a very simple game, self explanatory almost.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 25/08/2019 at 4:27 PM, Bartholomuse said:

No, I simply don't have the time, I'm not sure how much use a guide would get though, 90% of the info you need to plat Sairento has been available since the pc version came out ages ago. The PSVR requirements are actually way more lax since they removed the ridiculous prestige 10 times. It's a very simple game, self explanatory almost.

I think it's so easy cause of the gameplay who's almost perfect. You jump, slo mo, slide and whatever you want ... With all those possibilities, when you master the gameplay, even never take a single bullet is "simple" cause you're in the heat, you can't stop and all. 

I finished the game (dissapointed by the end BTW !) and done all the trophy, I'm on the farm part, lvl 3 is the better to farm no ? Without any relic I got 15 000 XP, haven't tried yet with relics but I hope to get way more ! The game is not long enough, I want more of it, hope Sairento 2 will not be too long to come :) 

• 2 months later...
On 26/06/2020 at 5:42 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

@Naruto06660 It is still $37.99!! I just picked up Sprint Vector on sale and just Platinumed Farpoint yesterday :) gotta break from VR to play Last of Us II soon lol

Hum I don't remember which price I got, it was a huge discount, surely under 20€ at least ! 40$ is a lil high I think. 

GG for this plat ! I remember when I plat it, I was just playing normally at the start but when I finished it then started to hunt trophy, I saw no one get the Plat, I'm the first one at one or two days, that's was beautiful ^^

I've took a (forced) break a while ago, I'm already on TLOU 2, really a HUGE game, you think it's over but nope, still going ^^ You'll see :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Documenting here as I go for any future browsers of this forum:

- Just started playing yesterday and wow, I am in LOVE with this game. It is definitely worth the price of admission.

- Turn on smooth turning and learn to do back flips if you can stand it, full locomotion is the way to play.

- I've only got two pistols and swords (not using) so far and there is a pretty in depth skill tree. I'm only level 3 atm. 

Edit: Almost done with campaign and I’m barely level 4. No idea how getting to level 200 (prestige 2) will be...

Edit 2: Took an additional 2-3 hours of actual gameplay (not including checking relics for XP buffs) to obtain level 200. 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 25.9.2020 at 3:44 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

Documenting here as I go for any future browsers of this forum:

- Just started playing yesterday and wow, I am in LOVE with this game. It is definitely worth the price of admission.

- Turn on smooth turning and learn to do back flips if you can stand it, full locomotion is the way to play.

- I've only got two pistols and swords (not using) so far and there is a pretty in depth skill tree. I'm only level 3 atm. 

Edit: Almost done with campaign and I’m barely level 4. No idea how getting to level 200 (prestige 2) will be...

Seeing the difference in your realtime trophy timestamps I wonder if you could give an estimate for in-game time to reach lvl 50/200 ?

After just getting a VR headset I think about picking this one up!

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 1:27 PM, ICY_Jack said:

Seeing the difference in your realtime trophy timestamps I wonder if you could give an estimate for in-game time to reach lvl 50/200 ?

After just getting a VR headset I think about picking this one up!

You start to level up faster as you get better gear and prioritize the XP buffs (like 6-8 levels per run). That said, it probably took an additional 2-3 hours of actual gameplay to get to 200.

Keep in mind that I stopped playing Sairento for a bit

Edited by MikeCheck--

10 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

You start to level up faster as you get better gear and prioritize the XP buffs (like 6-8 levels per run). That said, it probably took an additional 2-3 hours of actual gameplay to get to 200.

MikeCheck, I see your posts everywhere I go lol! But Gratz on the Farpoint plat tho, that a super rare trophy! Challenge mode is a total blast.

I just picked up Sariento on the last sale, would of missed it too if not for a friend who knows of my addiction to VR shooters recommended it. Instantly loved it, it’s everything I look for and want in a VR game. Besides for the lack of leaderboards, but meh, that doesn’t change anything anyways.

I just need to figure out how to fully stomach the flips, super disorienting and somewhat confusing for now, but I think I’ll get it down eventually.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I honestly don't get the hype. It's basically just another version of the 50 gazillion VR shooting gallery games already out there. I've watched a lot of gameplay videos, watched a lot of reviews and, yeah... it's just another shooting gallery type of VR game. It honestly looks boring as hell, doing the same shit over and over and over again. This combined with having to grind for 2-3 hours or longer just to get get to "Prestige 2" doesn't sound like fun at all. Is this seriously what people find enjoyable nowadays, this battle arena wave shooting type of garbage??? Not me. I'll never play this game.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

• 11 months later...
On 01/12/2020 at 2:42 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

Hi Mike. I’m about to start Sairento and I just wondered if you just replayed a certain level over and over with XP buffs to level up to prestige 2 or did you replay the whole game? Does difficulty have a bearing on XP earned? Any input would be great. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Master_Mayhem_ said:

Hi Mike. I’m about to start Sairento and I just wondered if you just replayed a certain level over and over with XP buffs to level up to prestige 2 or did you replay the whole game? Does difficulty have a bearing on XP earned? Any input would be great. Thanks in advance

I really cannot recall on difficulty. I do remember I played two certain levels over and over. I know for sure one of them was the last level, you can kind of stick your arms through the glass and shoot.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I really cannot recall on difficulty. I do remember I played two certain levels over and over. I know for sure one of them was the last level, you can kind of stick your arms through the glass and shoot.  

Thanks buddy. I have had this game for awhile and it will be my next vr game to play. Trying to work my way through my backlog at the moment. Definitely looking forward to playing it. Thanks again

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 10:30 AM, Master_Mayhem_ said:

Thanks buddy. I have had this game for awhile and it will be my next vr game to play. Trying to work my way through my backlog at the moment. Definitely looking forward to playing it. Thanks again

Level 3 (I believe it's level 3?) was the one I kept playing over and over again, the one where you start off going through the vents and disabling the lasers, then are in a huge area where tons of enemies come at you. Like Mike said, you can shoot through the glass.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KyonKuchiki said:

Level 3 (I believe it's level 3?) was the one I kept playing over and over again, the one where you start off going through the vents and disabling the lasers, then are in a huge area where tons of enemies come at you. Like Mike said, you can shoot through the glass.

Thanks buddy. I know it will be a bit of a grind but there is no trophy guide giving advice on what level gives the best xp. Defo my next vr game just got a couple of Bethesda games to play before any dlc etc gets removed from Playstation store.

• Like 1