New DLC Trophies

SirShavesALot

It looks like the trophies for the update releasing today just went live.  3 completely unnecessary trophies.

Nightmare - Complete the game on Nightmare Difficulty

I am Death Incarnate - Complete the game on Ultra Nightmare Difficulty

Heavy Boots - Complete the game in Ironman Mode

All are bronze trophies.  No clue if the difficulties stack or not.  I had fun with the gunplay in the game but the story is pretty bad and has the same outcome every time.  Extremely lazy trophies implemented by the devs.  At least the main story is extremely short.  ?

8 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I look forward to the petition :)

???

Thank you for that.  I'm definitely going to try Ultra Nightmare and hope it stacks with Nightmare.  Ironman, not too sure on that one.  If I can't get it, I can't get it.  

Edited by SirShavesALot

2 hours ago, Sergen said:

I look forward to the petition :)

If you can save and quit in Ironman mode it won't be that bad.  Even without a save option you can use the defib, so if you go straight for that and upgrade it fully you would have one extra life in a way.

Also you can play Ultra Nightmare in NG+, but probably need to change the difficulty before you start the NG+ playthrough, since it sounds like it starts you on whatever difficulty your first playthrough is currently set at.

2 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

If you can save and quit in Ironman mode it won't be that bad.  Even without a save option you can use the defib, so if you go straight for that and upgrade it fully you would have one extra life in a way.

Also you can play Ultra Nightmare in NG+, but probably need to change the difficulty before you start the NG+ playthrough, since it sounds like it starts you on whatever difficulty your first playthrough is currently set at.

Thanks for the info, I haven't played it but I do feel that any new trophies that may pose a threat in regards to difficulty get people complaining and trying to petition it, it's basically a meme at this point hahaha. But you make it seem doable at least :D

• Like 1

i was mad how short the game was, it was quite hard to build on what rage 1 did well with, loved one but second was too damn short, i might wait to do these trophies 

Literally what is the point. The game had 8 missions, and main story could be done in 8-10 hours (if not less). Why add stupid difficulties and NG+ to the weakest part of the game? So pointless. Will be best to do this in 2 runs; Iron mode isn't a difficulty but a setting, its implied you can run through it on easy much like with Metro (although I think its one death save, not a mission, which makes it harder regardless). Apparently defib is fine. Ultra Nightmare is just a very hard difficulty.

I'll try do it eventually, but its by no means a priority for me.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Literally what is the point. The game had 8 missions, and main story could be done in 8-10 hours (if not less). Why add stupid difficulties and NG+ to the weakest part of the game? So pointless. Will be best to do this in 2 runs; Iron mode isn't a difficulty but a setting, its implied you can run through it on easy much like with Metro (although I think its one death save, not a mission, which makes it harder regardless). Apparently defib is fine. Ultra Nightmare is just a very hard difficulty.

I'll try do it eventually, but its by no means a priority for me.

If it's just a mode then easy difficulty should be fairly easy.  I also had read that it might be like that on another forum, so hopefully that's true.

Had next to  no problems on normal on my first playthrough, only dying when I got reckless and threw myself off a cliff or using certain weapons in ways that put me at risk.  Bet you could run through it with only the shotgun and be fine.  If it allows you to make a save it would be even better.

1 minute ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Ultra Nightmare will be like Doom?Any clue for Permadeath?....In any case Challange Accepted!!!

ps After Wolf 2 Plat I Can do This all night long

I don't think Ultra Nightmare = DOOM Ultra Nightmare, RAGE 1 had something similar and it was just the hardest difficulty. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

No news from Id? I'm too curious about it

I think they would have been more open about Ultra if it was similar to Mein Leben.  Machinegames seemingly expressed some remorse when asked about the Mein Leben trophy/achievement not too long ago and avoided it for Youngblood's list so I would almost expect Bethesda would've stepped in on the matter if Avalanche did something similar.  Given it's just dlc though it's hard to say.

Edited by Snake2410

17 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

Still stuck at work... yay...

How do you start a NG+ on Ultra Nightmare?  Just curious for when I finally get in front of my PS4.  Thanks!  1f642.png

According to the Bethesda forum post I read the person switched at the start of NG+ since it carried over their original difficulty setting.  I'd assume you could go into your original save and set it to Ultra, then start a NG+ from that save. Not 100% sure though.

Just got off work myself, but it takes around an hour for me to get home to even see how big the update is.  

Also, this might help people.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/356688/ultra-nightmare-notes?language[]=en

NG+ actually increases in difficulty no matter what difficulty you choose each time you play through it, so NG++ on easy will be more difficult than NG+ on easy.

Edited by Snake2410

3 bronzes I'l never get. Finishing this game was a complete drag, it was so painfully mediocre. I just platnumed the original PS3 Rage right before this and found it infinitely more interesting in that retro kinda way. Rage 2 is just ugly filler. 

3 minutes ago, RigbyIsWashed439 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like when “second playthrough” game difficulties are added into games post-release rather than being in the game on day one? Why is New Game+ all of a sudden seen as this new big thing in games when the Ratchet & Clank franchise for example had such a feature since the Going Commando back in 2004? Speaking of Ratchet & Clank 2, does anyone remember when patches for game were (almost) non-existent?

Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman (I must mention it’s not normal for Insomniac to do this) & Far Cry 5 are all games that decided to approach NG+ as a low-priority need to be included in the game upon launch date but instead add it in as a free update. Was there no reason for it to be in the game as it came out or are developers just blind of the past in general?

On top of that, games that do add New Game+ end up adding only a handful of DLC trophies (most of the time no gold trophy or 2, only silver and/or bronze). Why would I want to play through Far Cry 5 on inFAMOUS difficulty only to get a fucking silver trophy when there are “games” (sometines they’re not) being sold on the PlayStation Store that offer 11 gold trophies and a platinum within 15-30 minutes? An awful comparison I know and an irreverent question/statement indeed, but hey! This is PSNProfiles.com of all places, so your certain trophies are going to be mentioned at some point.

*REPLIES INCOMING*

I thought about making this post it’s own topic as a New Game+ Rant but I decided to just continue posting it in this topic instead...

NG+ drops around the time that the game is approaching shelf life and therefore likely to start to drop in price as used copies become widely available. This practice encourages people to hold onto their copies instead of trading them in, thus keeping the used marked suppressed and keeping new copies at full price longer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NillerKasket said:

No you have to pay for NG+ /s

Damn, you really have to pay for this "dlc"... Only Bethesda can charge you money for this shit that had to be at launch 

Edited by bani24j
A little grammar error ?
  • Like 1