New challenge "Keep them safer" - 5th challenge - Horde

Bearded_Jay

Yeah pretty easy, just get gold in all sub-challenges, starting with headshots then moving to the crossbow.

Be aware you have to kill the whole horde without taking damage (not even fall damage!) and rolling around, which is the hardest part.

Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 1

So far I got Gold in all 4 Sub-Challenges and a Silver with a Score of 147,827

It's actually pretty fun, with a limit of 300 Freakers, just do Sub-Challenges "Bolted" & "In Scope" on separate runs.

For "Bolted", just thin the Horde and just make sure you crossbow 50 Freakers, pick up Cedar Saplings while running for more crossbolts. For "In Scope", just have high ground in the beginning, thin the Horde and get on top of trailers and shoot, if not on high ground, aim high for 110 Headshots.

• Like 2

Got the gold with 174k cut quite close. I probably tried it 20 times and was always getting silver even finishing the level in under 2 minutes. The key for me was actually getting all gold in a single run even if it takes 8 minutes. Gold medals give quite a bit of score, if im not mistaken no rolls gives 30k, no damage 30k, crossbow kills gives 20k and headshots 20k. Unless you finish superduper fast its quite hard to get the gold without doing all the side objectives, at one point I had a combo of 260 and still was far from the gold.

Edited by Montyzu
  • Like 4

For those having trouble finishing quick, take a look at the vid i posted. Ended in 1:04 and screwed up a bit at the end.

Indeed, you can do it by getting gold on every sub challenges, i'll give it a try later! Thanks everyone for your tips, you make the thread really helpfull !

Edited by Bearded_Jay
  • Like 1

I went gold Bolted, silver In Scope and gold in the other two. I started by going up to their spawn and getting about 20 or so headshots. Then, I took my time running around and kiting the enemies. Wound up with 184k and change while using Lionheart and Fleur De Lis. Make sure to use your focus and stamina cocktails as well.

I'm wondering if rank 6 is the "Founder Rank." I guess we'll find out next week as I'm 15k off. The new challenge should be enough.

Edited by escoletsgo69

19 hours ago, Montyzu said:

Got the gold with 174k cut quite close. I probably tried it 20 times and was always getting silver even finishing the level in under 2 minutes. The key for me was actually getting all gold in a single run even if it takes 8 minutes. Gold medals give quite a bit of score, if im not mistaken no rolls gives 30k, no damage 30k, crossbow kills gives 20k and headshots 20k. Unless you finish superduper fast its quite hard to get the gold without doing all the side objectives, at one point I had a combo of 260 and still was far from the gold.

Yep I strung the combo to the full 300 with Gold in Needless Risk & Untouchable, with a Bronze on In Scope, still got the Silver. 

13 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Finally got it with 171K.  Got gold on 3 and bronze on headshots.  

I'm now lvl 5 but can't see the new skins, is it just me or anyone else having the same issue?

Roll on #6

Just turned on my system and there's a huge 15Gb Update, probably to fix to see the new Skins and adding the future Challenges. 

37 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

Yep I strung the combo to the full 300 with Gold in Needless Risk & Untouchable, with a Bronze on In Scope, still got the Silver. 

Just turned on my system and there's a huge 15Gb Update, probably to fix to see the new Skins and adding the future Challenges. 

Another one? damn they most have tons of bugs to fix because every update for this game is 15gb+ and it doesnt change that much apart from the challenges that shouldnt be that heavy cuz they are all part of the main game anyways. I think i downloaded 50gb for this game this month alone. My slow internet is crying.

6 hours ago, escoletsgo69 said:

I went gold Bolted, silver In Scope and gold in the other two. I started by going up to their spawn and getting about 20 or so headshots. Then, I took my time running around and kiting the enemies. Wound up with 184k and change while using Lionheart and Fleur De Lis. Make sure to use your focus and stamina cocktails as well.

Yep that's what I did for the Sub-Challenges and Rings equipped, just got the Gold with a Score of 181,986

It took me just under 19 minutes, just ignore the timer, because you'll just end up taking longer by redoing it over and over. I tried Bearded_Jay's way, but I always got a Silver. I took my time and made sure about distance, you don't want anyone sneaking up on you. Saved Bolted Sub-Challenge till the end, what I hate about the Crossbow is you shoot right at them, even with Focus, you still miss sometimes.

What I did was in the beginning, lay some traps and use the Napalm Molotovs to thin it out, do not shoot at any tankers or explosives, because if you're not good at Headshots, it gives you a chance to get that Silver for your Gold run, don't want to kill too many that way. Just go in one huge circle, use your Cocktails and always be aware of your surroundings. This Challenge is super easy once you know what to do. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

Just did a perfect run, Gold in all Sub-Challenges with a Score of 191,474 with a time of 14:43:02, this Score is good enough for me.

What I did was use no kind of explosions, no tankers, barrels, molotovs, grenades or bombs, there's no reason to use any of those, because you'll just be wasting and won't get all the Sub-Challenges. Only things I used was the machine gun, crossbow, focus & stamina cocktails. The Rings I had equipped was the Fleur De Lis (Level 2) & Lionheart (Level 3). 

At the start, just get on the back of the truck and just aim for the crowd, I actually got like 40 headshots right away, with like 75x Multiplier. Then just run to high ground, mostly trailers, use a Focus Cocktail and shoot, easy headshots, repeat when you have distance. Then when you get to the last 70 or so, start the crossbow. Remember don't get hit and don't roll dodge, like I said before, just keep your distance so no one sneaks up on you, don't take a chance for those extra couple of kills, take your time and ignore the clock. By the time I got Gold for "Bolted" & "In Scope", I already had Silver for "Untouchable" & "Needless Risk", I already had a Score of 150,700

There's people on the Global Rank with over 232,000, I'm guessing maybe they never let the Multiplier reset. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

10 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Finally got it with 171K.  Got gold on 3 and bronze on headshots.  

I'm now lvl 5 but can't see the new skins, is it just me or anyone else having the same issue?

Roll on #6

Had the same thing happen to me, but you can still buy and use them.
I wrote that in this thread: 

I put the characters in an spoiler, if you want to find out for yourself, who these characters are.

• Like 1

It's no longer hidden, they're all shown now, even the 4 Characters for Rank 6, so it's no longer a spoiler. I don't know if anyone noticed, when I bought Sarah yesterday, she was wearing a jacket and bundled up, after the big update, she's wearing a tank top and a flannel, wonder why the change. Also, this weeks patch was in slot 6, now it's where it's supposed to be in slot 5. 

Edit: I forgot to put that all the Characters that you bought, when you choose them now, they all have several different sayings from the main story. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

Ok, so I finally finished this challenge and have gold in all five challenges and all twenty golds in the sub-challenges. This one was much easier than the first one was and more fun too. Upgrading your character certainly helps.

• Like 1

Can someone describe me, was is so difficult for Bend Studio just to make invisible walls instead of failing the challenge, when you are too far? This is really so frustrating, when you are on your run for 4 gold sub-challenges, but fail because your bike were too quickly to brake. Why is it supposed to be failed, if i accidentally crossed the border line? This isn't a complaint, i just really do not understand what point in ruining your game process because of it? 

• Like 3