Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

Maybe on your another Platinum milestone, I'd suggest you to go for Metro Exodus. :) 

Huh, probably not a milestone...but I should give the Metro series a try. Didn't touch them for some reason that I don't know, but I do have the collection in my library.

15 hours ago, Copanele said:

Huh, probably not a milestone...but I should give the Metro series a try. Didn't touch them for some reason that I don't know, but I do have the collection in my library.

I've pretty much started the series in a retrograde fashion, which means I finished Exodus first in Good Ending (requirements of it are tedious as fuck, especially Full Strength), which took me a cumulative amount of four days, since there was one part that I missed, which forced me to re-do the entire game again. :P 

Edited by BadRep24

17 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

I've pretty much started the series in a retrograde fashion, which means I finished Exodus first in Good Ending (requirements of it are tedious as fuck, especially Full Strength), which took me a cumulative amount of four days, since there was one part that I missed, which forced me to re-do the entire game again. :P 

Lol I think I will aim playing them in order xD so far I only have experience with STALKER Call of Chernobyl, that "Cheeki Breeki IV Damke" slav mutant shooter. I heard Metro is kinda the same atmosphere, so I should like it.

Although, given the way I am handling horrors (given by the severe absence of horror games on my list), not sure how I am going to handle Metro. And yeah even the most basic jumpscare gets me. I am that weak xD 

2 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

Quick question about the ACs if I were only going to play 1 or 2 (maybe 3 max since I know there are several "bundles") which ones would I be best off playing as far as enjoying the games the most, but also having some idea of whats happening in the plot?  

Uhh honestly, I would go with the Ezio Collection and maybe AC3. That's kinda the best AC experience plot-wise. 

I would also recommend AC1 but well.. that one doesn't have trophies, so you would have to play it on PS3 pure clean :D 

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed 1 gave the series a strong start. An interesting relation between the present day and the old.

I'm sure most people now would bore of the game, one being it had a lot of lengthy speeches. Collecting all those flags easily tops the feathers as the worst collectible in the series.

But.... I want a remaster god damn it. Give me Resistance: Fall of Man and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction as well.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Assassin's Creed 1 gave the series a strong start. An interesting relation between the present day and the old.

I'm sure most people now would bore of the game, one being it had a lot of lengthy speeches. Collecting all those flags easily tops the feathers as the worst collectible in the series.

But.... I want a remaster god damn it. Give me Resistance: Fall of Man and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction as well.

Hear hear! I want a remaster also! I don't care if I have to slash them 50 templars again, let me do it!

But at least there's those Prince of Persia remake rumors! Maybe you'll have the opportunity to do a Warrior Within Remake Rant :D 

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

Lol I think I will aim playing them in order xD so far I only have experience with STALKER Call of Chernobyl, that "Cheeki Breeki IV Damke" slav mutant shooter. I heard Metro is kinda the same atmosphere, so I should like it.

Although, given the way I am handling horrors (given by the severe absence of horror games on my list), not sure how I am going to handle Metro. And yeah even the most basic jumpscare gets me. I am that weak xD 

Metro 2033 was originally a PC/X360 exclusive, and Metro: Last Light was the first game to be released on PS Consoles. Then, enter Metro: Redux, which are both games re-released on PS4/XB1/PC. Both games were remastered from the ground up, in terms of graphics and gameplay. Both of these games feature two modes, which is the slow-paced, resource management-intensive Survival Mode and the fast-paced, loaded Spartan Mode. Trophy-wise, both games have a Platinum, of course, but Last Light both have different sets of trophies in both PS3 and PS4 versions of the game. PS3 version of Last Light features the infamous :silver: Shadow Ranger trophy, which requires you to be a pacifist by not killing humans from the beginning to the end. In PS4 version, it was scrapped. Content-wise, all of Last Light PS3's DLC are hardcoded into the PS4 version of Last Light. Dunno about STALKER: Call of Chernobyl, but it does kind of look the same. And of course, in Metro, moral points and your actions will dictate which ending you will get.

Metro is not that really scary, unless if you have your mental fortitude ready, even to the most basic jumpscares. Even I got spooked for the simplest jumpscares, but I just managed to play Exodus until the end.

Edited by BadRep24
  • Like 1

Personally, I didn’t like Brotherhood. I still prefer Revelations over it. Also, idk about the Liberation ports, but the story and characters were very interesting. Easily one of my favorite protagonists and games. AC3 was way too high on the list. AC3 felt flat for me, the protagonist is boring and even in his cameo in Liberation he was very bland.

From the ones I’ve played so far:

-AC3 - Horrible combat, Bad protagonist; Wolfpack is fun?

-AC1 - Very slow, The game has evolved better over time; Paved the way for future iterations

-AC Brotherhood - The counter system was awful, Didn’t care for story, time trials is still a horrible idea, horrible online; I liked the Armor and the DLC was very fun

-AC Revelations - Very fun both online and offline; kind of sick of Ezio, but enjoyable nonetheless, awful DLC

-AC Liberation - Great protagonist, plays well on handheld, actually fun to collect collectibles

-ACIV - Amazing multiplayer, amazing protagonist, great story, Pirates; you gave us Connor :’(

-ACII - Best game hands down, huge improvements, Ezio is charming af; hated that the Story Missions are DLC.

(From worst to best)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

Metro 2033 was originally a PC/X360 exclusive, and Metro: Last Light was the first game to be released on PS Consoles. Then, enter Metro: Redux, which are both games re-released on PS4/XB1/PC. Both games were remastered from the ground up, in terms of graphics and gameplay. Both of these games feature two modes, which is the slow-paced, resource management-intensive Survival Mode and the fast-paced, loaded Spartan Mode. Trophy-wise, both games have a Platinum, of course, but Last Light both have different sets of trophies in both PS3 and PS4 versions of the game. PS3 version of Last Light features the infamous :silver: Shadow Ranger trophy, which requires you to be a pacifist by not killing humans from the beginning to the end. In PS4 version, it was scrapped. Content-wise, all of Last Light PS3's DLC are hardcoded into the PS4 version of Last Light. Dunno about STALKER: Call of Chernobyl, but it does kind of look the same. And of course, in Metro, moral points and your actions will dictate which ending you will get.

Metro is not that really scary, unless if you have your mental fortitude ready, even to the most basic jumpscares. Even I got spooked for the simplest jumpscares, but I just managed to play Exodus until the end.

Well then, I'll add it on the backlog list. I don't have many shooters on my list anyway.

2 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Personally, I didn’t like Brotherhood. I still prefer Revelations over it. Also, idk about the Liberation ports, but the story and characters were very interesting. Easily one of my favorite protagonists and games. AC3 was way too high on the list. AC3 felt flat for me, the protagonist is boring and even in his cameo in Liberation he was very bland.

From the ones I’ve played so far:

-AC3 - Horrible combat, Bad protagonist; Wolfpack is fun?

-AC1 - Very slow, The game has evolved better over time; Paved the way for future iterations

-AC Brotherhood - The counter system was awful, Didn’t care for story, time trials is still a horrible idea, horrible online; I liked the Armor and the DLC was very fun

-AC Revelations - Very fun both online and offline; kind of sick of Ezio, but enjoyable nonetheless, awful DLC

-AC Liberation - Great protagonist, plays well on handheld, actually fun to collect collectibles

-ACIV - Amazing multiplayer, amazing protagonist, great story, Pirates; you gave us Connor :’(

-ACII - Best game hands down, huge improvements, Ezio is charming af; hated that the Story Missions are DLC.

(From worst to best)

Well let me tell you that I hate Liberation with all my soul xD because they had one GOOD idea that they massacred. And maybe the story and characters were supposed to be good but I felt like in a puppet show. Idk it's way at the bottom for me. 

I actually enjoyed AC3 for the most part. It was alright, the most mediocre out there. The side objectives were an absolute pain though.

I couldn't stand Revelations honestly as a game, I did like Altair's part and the hookblade but the rest...nah. I just didn't feel it. Constantinopole was poorly represented, I really felt the graphics looked bad. And I wish I could forget the tower defense game...

And well I didn't cover the online portion. Would have covered it had the servers actually worked properly (played Brotherhood, revelations and ac3 on PC first time with full online and it was garbage). But overall that's my opinion regarding the series from what I've played. Not changing it any time sooner, until Valhalla shows up that is. Somehow I feel it won't be as high however...

Oh and Brotherhood is up there because of Rome. Rome is my no.1 city, totally biased. There's no objectiveness in my collection xD 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Copanele said:

There's no objectiveness in my collection xD 

This sums it up pretty well. I was at least trying to be objective.

Still though, 3 had potential to be good, but the character is so boring. How is it that his father was better than him when the guy was scum.

As for Liberation, you need to play the vita version, It plays really well. You should also give the story another shot. 

Brotherhood added some cool features that Revelations just did better. It is good, just not the best. Top 5, for sure.

P.S. I actually liked the Tower Defense game. :P

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

8 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

This sums it up pretty well. I was at least trying to be objective.

Still though, 3 had potential to be good, but the character is so boring. How is it that his father was better than him when the guy was scum.

As for Liberation, you need to play the vita version, It plays really well. You should also give the story another shot. 

Brotherhood added some cool features that Revelations just did better. It is good, just not the best. Top 5, for sure.

P.S. I actually liked the Tower Defense game. :P

Well I did add an argument for each game why I liked/disliked them . It wasn't fully on a whim, but I didn't want to do an IGN kind of impressions for them either. So...yeah. I did mention it's my opinion, in bold! 

Sadly I do not own a Vita and I do not aim to buy one either since it doesn't have any games of interest for me , sooooo...this will have to do. But in the end I just didn't like the game at all! What can I do! I even checked the wikia and I still thought the whole thing was poorly written and designed! Liberation is the only game I truly did not like from all my list.

And 3 is up there because of Haytham, because of the naval combat, the Frontier is rather good and actually the Homestead was pretty decent in my eyes...when I didn't try to scan their sorry asses. Also DLC was pretty fun with all the animal powers. But well that's again what I feel about the game. I get why people hate it so much but well...again, I kinda liked it. You should have played AC Odyssey, you would have been downright offended by my ranking xD 

Brotherhood is top for me. Might not be top overall, it's just top for me. AC2 was up there too but...well...I replayed it and it wasn't that good for me. Story is top notch don't get me wrong but the gameplay is way too clunky to handle it. I don't know, Brotherhood just worked perfectly for me. I did not enjoy any Assassin's Creeds more than Brotherhood both story-wise and combat. Liberation just didn't do it for me. I don't know, I played it like 5-6 times and I still can't remember what the heck is happening other than the awesome Altair moments. The tower defense...yeah aside from the mandatory tutorial mission I just avoid it altogether. I'm fine with recapturing my base. 

Metro is a solid series.... but the fact it takes place in Russia has me hesitant to try Metro: Exodus, given the global situation we're facing right now. Not that scary to be honest, I think The Last of Us does a better job at actually providing jump scares.

Brotherhood simply builds off of Assassin's Creed 2. People can say what they will about it, but Brotherhood had the best present day bits in my opinion. Desmond Miles, Lucy Stillman, Rebecca Crane and Shaun Hastings all having to relocate after they were caught by Warren Vidic and Abstergo. They settle in Mario's old villa. The collectibles were fairly easy, it was sort of like the collectibles in Assassin's Creed 2 (not the feathers) that were those statues you had to get.

Ubisoft also had Jesper Kyd, who composed some of the most memorable tunes in modern gaming. That Florence theme has to be one of my favorites.

• Like 3

On 21/08/2020 at 8:16 PM, Spaz said:

Metro is a solid series.... but the fact it takes place in Russia has me hesitant to try Metro: Exodus, given the global situation we're facing right now. Not that scary to be honest, I think The Last of Us does a better job at actually providing jump scares.

Metro is not a scary but a solid post-apocalyptic series, albeit it states it's a horror game, but I specifically classify it more as a horror game that kind of focuses on environmental horror, especially in some levels where enemies can jump you out of nowhere if you're not prepared. Some people can be scared, some don't, so it's dependent on the person. Pretty much what hits a nail in my head is how the game sometimes punishes you for wasting resources, especially in Metro Exodus with Chemicals and Metals, which is essential when you're crafting ammunition and crafting filters, because resources do not grow on trees. Resource scarcity is worse in harder difficulties.

Edited by BadRep24

14 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

Metro is not a scary but a solid post-apocalyptic series, albeit it states it's a horror game, but I specifically classify it more as a horror game that kind of focuses on environmental horror, especially in some levels where enemies can jump you out of nowhere if you're not prepared. Some people can be scared, some don't, so it's dependent on the person. Pretty much what hits a nail in my head is how the game sometimes punishes you for wasting resources, especially in Metro Exodus with Chemicals and Metals, which is essential when you're crafting ammunition and crafting filters, because resources do not grow on trees. Resource scarcity is worse in harder difficulties.

Metro feels more authentic and true to an actual post-apocalyptic series than Fallout.

I may be biased, but the first two Fallout games were nothing short of excellence. They were groundbreaking for their time because they were the first RPGs to really showcase a post apocalyptic world. Karma and stats meant everything. You could have 10 strength but be completely stupid, so you just kill everything. Or you could be the guy with high intelligence and charisma, getting good deals with various NPCs because you are a good negotiator.

Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 are completely stripped down, barely resembling RPGs. In the short time I played Fallout 4 I felt like your choices and your stats really didn't matter all that much. Whereas in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, your choices had a bit of impact. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was more RPG like than Fallout 4. It wasn't the dated engine that bothered me, it was the gameplay mechanics.

Metro, in a way I feel is comparable to The Witcher, maintains the story and the lore from the Dmitry Glukhovsky novels. If you really loved The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt I definitely recommend picking up the books. I will say the same for people who are big fans of Metro. The series has stayed true to its roots, keeping the story of Artyom fresh.

Fallout sadly has fallen from its pedestal and is a bit of a joke now. Bethesda doesn't really care it seems, which I guess explains why so many people are mad with them.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

Metro, in a way I feel is comparable to The Witcher, maintains the story and the lore from the Dmitry Glukhovsky novels. If you really loved The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt I definitely recommend picking up the books. I will say the same for people who are big fans of Metro. The series has stayed true to its roots, keeping the story of Artyom fresh.

Metro Exodus is pretty much the first game in the series to depart from the plot of the books, which is after the events of Metro 2035. I say it's more of a story of its own, because unlike most of the usual Metro games and books you and I probably know, Metro Exodus's premise is more focused on the crew escaping Moscow and going on a transcontinental journey above the surface, rather than below the Metro underground, around most of Russia and parts of Kazakhstan with a personal mission in mind. Some of the characterization of the recurring characters still remain, however.

Edited by BadRep24

9 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

Metro Exodus is pretty much the first game in the series to depart from the plot of the books, which is after the events of Metro 2035. I say it's more of a story of its own, because unlike most of the usual Metro games and books you and I probably know, Metro Exodus's premise is more focused on the crew escaping Moscow and going on a transcontinental journey above the surface, rather than below the Metro underground, around most of Russia and parts of Kazakhstan with a personal mission. Some of the characterization of the recurring characters still remain, however.

Point taken. Still waiting for a price drop for Metro: Exodus.

On 8/21/2020 at 8:32 AM, Copanele said:

I just started Metro: Last Light on PS3 since I had 1 trophy randomly on it, might have been a PS+ game. Reading this thread, I went to double-check the order and it looks like this is the 2nd one ?. I do have the Redux of 2033 so I'm wondering if I should play through that and then go back to Last Light? Overall, I would say it's not that scary from what I've seen so far or that I have become less sensitive to scary games. The details in the atmosphere and dialogue they put in to this game is awesome.

11 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

I just started Metro: Last Light on PS3 since I had 1 trophy randomly on it, might have been a PS+ game. Reading this thread, I went to double-check the order and it looks like this is the 2nd one 1f611.png. I do have the Redux of 2033 so I'm wondering if I should play through that and then go back to Last Light? Overall, I would say it's not that scary from what I've seen so far or that I have become less sensitive to scary games. The details in the atmosphere and dialogue they put in to this game is awesome.

I heard the PS3 version is a lot more difficult for what someone already mentioned. 2033 and Last Light Redux both play the same as they both use the same game engine. One just picks up where the other one left.

The atmosphere is excellent. I tend to feel that I am in Communist era Russia.

35 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The atmosphere is excellent. I tend to feel that I am in Communist era Russia.

There's not much difference between past and present Russia truth be told, that's why the game is so famous xD

But damn, you guys really are into this franchise. Really making me want to start it now. As I mentioned somewhere above, if it is anything like STALKER in terms of atmosphere it will become an instant love of mine. I would still start with the first one though and only on ps4. Ps3 would explode if I add one more game to it. 

14 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

I just started Metro: Last Light on PS3 since I had 1 trophy randomly on it, might have been a PS+ game. Reading this thread, I went to double-check the order and it looks like this is the 2nd one 1f611.png. I do have the Redux of 2033 so I'm wondering if I should play through that and then go back to Last Light? Overall, I would say it's not that scary from what I've seen so far or that I have become less sensitive to scary games. The details in the atmosphere and dialogue they put in to this game is awesome.

Last Light was the first one I played, due to 2033 not being on Playstation at the time, however I had already read the book so was familiar with the world and characters. I'd say ultimately though it doesn't really matter what order you play them in as they are all self contained stories, and aside from the reoccurring characters, they only have minor references to the other games.

For what it's worth Last Light is my favourite of the series. Something about the atmostphere in that one was just perfect, I thought they absolutely nailed it. Trophy wise, the PS3 one is definitely harder, but not frustratingly so, just a few more challenging trophies. The Tower DLC has a wave mode that can be quite difficult but certainly doable, the redux version has an exploit to skip it entirely and still get the trophy but on the PS3 version you need to do it the hard way ?.

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

I heard the PS3 version is a lot more difficult for what someone already mentioned. 2033 and Last Light Redux both play the same as they both use the same game engine. One just picks up where the other one left.

The Shadow Ranger trophy in Last Light PS3 is what makes the Platinum a lot harder than the PS4 version of Last Light. You cannot kill one single human from the beginning to the end of the game and you have to use backup saves a lot.

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

But damn, you guys really are into this franchise. Really making me want to start it now.

I didn't start playing Metro games until March of this year, with Metro Exodus being the first game I have played. :P

Edited by BadRep24