Microsoft worked with NSA to provide encrypted user data

xzero4812

new news emerges that Microsoft had collaborated with NSA on unencrypted Outlook.com email and SkyDrive files,and has been collecting Skype video since June 2012 and audio as early as November 2010. This holiday season is not looking good for them....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/11/microsoft-nsa-collaboration-user-data

windowsxp-morto.jpg?itok=e16F9HfO

• Like 2

Welp, I suppose I'll have to be naked every time I play an Xbone. If Microsoft want to watch, feel free...

Parker

yea lets bring back those 60's activist tactics and fight the power with nudity

Edited by xzero4812

Congratulations XBOX users!!! Way to go!!!

Don't make it a fanboy thing. Those never go well..

This isn't anything surprising. I'm sure it's something blown out of proportion, but still a scary find if it proves true. Careful what you do on webcam, or on Uno. :lol:

Don't make it a fanboy thing. Those never go well..

This isn't anything surprising. I'm sure it's something blown out of proportion, but still a scary find if it proves true. Careful what you do on webcam, or on Uno. :lol:

In case you haven't noticed this is a ps fan site.

I'll make it as fan i want it, dont give a rats about u, and the right thing to do is corporations and government shouldn't watch me or anyone. Its ridiculous to see a global company selling out its customers to kiss government ass.

When psn flaw released gamers data and credit cards we saw our ps and sony attacked, now they have to explain and xbox users cant say they have more security. Now its our turn.

In case you haven't noticed this is a ps fan site.

I'll make it as fan i want it, dont give a rats about u, and the right thing to do is corporations and government shouldn't watch me or anyone. Its ridiculous to see a global company selling out its customers to kiss government ass.

When psn flaw released gamers data and credit cards we saw our ps and sony attacked, now they have to explain and xbox users cant say they have more security. Now its our turn.

You're right, it's a fan site. But that doesn't mean you have to sound like a complete fanboy about it, lol. Not sure how a company and their shady antics has anything to do with the users, that's why I'm saying don't make it a fanboy war. Doesn't really matter what you say about what they "should" do. Chances are anything you have could be tapped if the right people wanted it to be. If anything they are just giving the consent because they know if they hadn't, it would happen anyway and they wouldn't get a cut. I'm sure the Playstation could be used just as easily with it's camera if a person wanted to, like you said they've already had their security measures broken once.

The hacking incident is quite different however. That was security being bypassed or broken in to, this is a matter of a government agency being able to see with consent. If you really think you're so high profile that you are going to be watched 24/7...you might have bigger worries than somebody quoting a post you made on the internet. :lol: My point was simply don't call out fans like they're doing anything, it just starts flame wars that really don't have anything to do with the topic at hand. Kind of like your original post was just a "Lolwut" sort of thing.

You're right, it's a fan site. But that doesn't mean you have to sound like a complete fanboy about it, lol. Not sure how a company and their shady antics has anything to do with the users, that's why I'm saying don't make it a fanboy war. Doesn't really matter what you say about what they "should" do. Chances are anything you have could be tapped if the right people wanted it to be. If anything they are just giving the consent because they know if they hadn't, it would happen anyway and they wouldn't get a cut. I'm sure the Playstation could be used just as easily with it's camera if a person wanted to, like you said they've already had their security measures broken once.

The hacking incident is quite different however. That was security being bypassed or broken in to, this is a matter of a government agency being able to see with consent. If you really think you're so high profile that you are going to be watched 24/7...you might have bigger worries than somebody quoting a post you made on the internet. :lol: My point was simply don't call out fans like they're doing anything, it just starts flame wars that really don't have anything to do with the topic at hand. Kind of like your original post was just a "Lolwut" sort of thing.

Dude, really, a wording?! Again I sound like i want me to sound, and you dont have nothing to do with it.

I´m not making any "war", you´re the one making storm in a glass of water.

As a customer who make online purchases and offers my personal data to this companies, I´m entitled to complain, and think it´s wrong with me or anyone, thats the point,   I´m not worried about me being spyed, I just think it´s a morality issue, a serious one, and US proven, AGAIN, that the country moral is doubtful, acting against even it´s citizens .

ou´re the one making political comments on the wrong place to do it, see? I´m here, on a ps fansite, to talk about PS, and the rivalty between PS and XBOX is normal, it always existed and will continuing existing.  If you want make serious discussion coments or write wordings, find another place to do it, cause here, PS fans, like me, will comment tending to sony side, will male jokes, likes the several ones made on this exact same thread.

Get a life!

Sorry dude, dont even red the whole text.

...now they have to explain and xbox users cant say they have more security. Now its our turn.

Sorry but how exactly does having military grade encryption of your user data mean less security again? You think the NSA can't access your sony data if they want? lol guys.

The fact you ended your post on the note of "Get a life" proves the fact that you really never had an argument in the first place, Daniel. That metaphor is really cool and all, but who's the one getting aggressive? I just made a point to say that you're insulting a fanbase rather than the company at fault. :lol: After reading a couple of your posts however, you've shown just how much you actually know about the topic at hand. Especially considered you don't see the relation of the topic and  political comments. What exactly do you think the NSA is? Must just be some small company that has nothing to do with the government. :huh: Maybe you're in the wrong place, I'm sure there's a blind fan support thread around here somewhere that you can gather and burn Xboxes or whatever it is you're in to. Fact of the matter is everybody is subject to this with a hotmail account that is now "outlook", it isn't simply about Xbox products.

If you don't want to be spied on, don't use the services. Don't use the internet or anything of the sort. Otherwise you're just as prone as any of the Xbox fans you're bashing. It's all up for grabs once it's out on the internet. Naturally this is pretty bad press for Microsoft, and we can all laugh at their expense but at the same time I'd say more than just the Xbox fans have something to worry about.

The fact you ended your post on the note of "Get a life" proves the fact that you really never had an argument in the first place, Daniel. That metaphor is really cool and all, but who's the one getting aggressive? I just made a point to say that you're insulting a fanbase rather than the company at fault. :lol: After reading a couple of your posts however, you've shown just how much you actually know about the topic at hand. Especially considered you don't see the relation of the topic and  political comments. What exactly do you think the NSA is? Must just be some small company that has nothing to do with the government. :huh: Maybe you're in the wrong place, I'm sure there's a blind fan support thread around here somewhere that you can gather and burn Xboxes or whatever it is you're in to. Fact of the matter is everybody is subject to this with a hotmail account that is now "outlook", it isn't simply about Xbox products.

If you don't want to be spied on, don't use the services. Don't use the internet or anything of the sort. Otherwise you're just as prone as any of the Xbox fans you're bashing. It's all up for grabs once it's out on the internet. Naturally this is pretty bad press for Microsoft, and we can all laugh at their expense but at the same time I'd say more than just the Xbox fans have something to worry about.

My friend, i not trying to win any discussion with you, i don´t need to have arguments. I just think that I´m in the right place to make jokes and such, and you don´t. You think this is a space for political discussion.

I come here to relax myself, not to enter in dumb discussions of what jokes can be or not made here. I just put a comment messing with xbox guys, i have plenty of friends that owns xbox, and the discussion of whos the best, always existed, and we mess up with each other as the companies screw things up, like Microsoft did now. It is just this, simple, clean. 

If you, american, as I think you are, thinks it´s right to be spyed and such, and the solution is, don´t use this or that, i´m really sorry for you and your ideals. Don´t accept things as this one threathing your liberty to come and go, talk, dress or whatever as you want, as if this is normal and just another thing you have to live with it. And if you don´t, isolate yourself in a box, with just food, the Big Brother will know about you.

I´m not even an american, i just visit you from time to time, with my family, including NY!! I like your country, really,a lot, and we can go on discussing this for many posts, but, whats the point?! The NSA doen´t exist here, in Brazil, but Microsoft and Sony does, and I could talk about them. You should care about how NSA get to and handles with your information and such. Even Brazil was spyed, WTF???!!! We just play soccer, nothing else, the "bad guys" are in the countries next to us, like Venezuela or Bolivia.

We have to respect each other individuality, you come here to talk about things you want as you want, and me too, end of history. What we don´t have is the right to lecture someone be disrespectful.

Sorry if I made any comment being harsh or disrespectful, was not my intention, really. 

I was just upset, that you were trying to lecture me, about a simple joke, not intented to you or anyone, just messing with guys from another platform, thats it, simple. I´ll try to watch myself about joke comments, i wasn´t that aware that they could upset someone.

But, anyway, thanks for your comments and such, even if they were disrespectful or sarcastic, treating me like I´m an ignorant, and based on my comments, I´m this or that.

Know this about me, without needing to spy , I´m a father of a beautiful baby, just a month old, married for 13 years with the most incredible woman in the world. We love to visit US on our vacations, specially Disney and NY!!! I have two businesses in Brazil, and a good life, despite the problems of my country (you must be seeing the protests). I´m privileged to work with my brothers, and I used to work with my father who passed away 2 years ago. PS3, and some internet forums became a fun to me, to relax myself from work problems, and helped me to stay home with my baby and my wife. I help others with donations, and i´m not religious (only when we need, lol).

Guess we agree with certain things and others don´t. I´m removing myself from the thread, and you can go on as you want it. I´ll find a burn a Xbox thread. :wave:

IF I had an Xbox one I can't do the following:

Play my Playstation Devices

Play my Nintendo Devices

Go into my Closet and go dig up my Sega Devices

Ghetto Blast M$ about WIndows 8 being bad and should return to the path of XP or at least look at how better Windows 7 was than Vista and 8 combined

Watch TV shows that M$ promiting

Playing on Steam

Damn I'm screwed with the NSA I mean Kinetic watching me if I get an Xbox one which I am not.  Still that's bad NSA and M$.