Dark771

So um... MTX are going to be added starting from Grand Prix 2

50 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

 

Well that's just not true at all

oh yeah? then explain what happened to all the single player games on twitch? they get a lot of viewers day one, then quickly drop off after a day or two and then completely gone in a week

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

oh yeah? then explain what happened to all the single player games on twitch? they get a lot of viewers day one, then quickly drop off after a day or two and then completely gone in a week

Um...what do single-player games have to do with MTX in CTR?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

 

Not that your initial comment was relevant at all to the conversation, but now you're using Twitch viewership as a metric for the popularity of single-player games? Such rubbish! 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png 

Apples and oranges, dude. Multiplayer may be entertaining to watch others play (not for me) due to their competitive nature but with single-player it's a far more personal experience so gamers prefer to play themselves than watch, simple as, with those initial views coming from those who want to see what it is like. Then they buy the game and play it themselves.

The thing is, Twitch popularity and, as you put it, "hype" is completely irrelevant for single-player. It doesn't matter who else is playing them or how many people are playing them, they can enjoyed regardless, and really great ones are still talked about for weeks, months and years. SP games can't "die" in the same way MP games that aren't CoD or the latest flavour of the month because there are no servers that go dead or shut down. They can be played as intended at any time.

I don't see anybody talking about this game anymore so its a pretty dead game to me

11 minutes ago, redquarter872 said:

Um...what do single-player games have to do with MTX in CTR?

because games as a service is for keeping a game alive instead of dying a quick death 1 week after launch

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KainDMD said:

because games as a service is for keeping a game alive instead of dying a quick death 1 week after launch

Couple things:

 

1) I hate to say anything good about EAfront 2, but despite removing the MTX from it after the debacle, they've managed to keep it going despite no extra monetization.

 

2) None of that money is going to the devs; it's all going to the C-level execs and shareholders.  Johnny in cubicle 42 -- the guy who works 80-hour weeks for minimum wage?  He's not getting any of the money the microtransactions are bringing in.  If he's lucky, he might get a bonus if those C-level execs are in a good mood, but that's it.

 

3) They stated beforehand that microtransactions wouldn't be in the game.  Lying to your customer base is never acceptable.  Never mind the fact that these weren't introduced until a month after launch -- I could at least give a tiny, infinitesimal amount of understanding if the game had launched with them, and they'd told us up-front that they'd be in the game.  But they didn't. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KainDMD said:

I don't see anybody talking about this game anymore so its a pretty dead game to me

 

Good for you, but respectfully I don't see the relevance of how you see it, especially since you said yourself that you didn't get the game.

For one thing, we're literally on a thread about this game right now.

Take a look at the front page of this very site and you'll see it's the 7th most played on the site. And this site represents a very small proportion of the total gamer base for PlayStation. And PlayStation is just one of three platforms that the game was released on.

Do something as simple as type the game's name into Google and you're gonna come across a bunch of active forums discussing the game, albeit not all of the discussion is positive because of the mtx.

Never hit the blunt before typing, dude.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

 

Good for you, but respectfully I don't see the relevance of how you see it, especially since you said yourself that you didn't get the game.

For one thing, we're literally on a thread about this game right now.

Take a look at the front page of this very site and you'll see it's the 7th most played on the site. And this site represents a very small proportion of the total gamer base for PlayStation. And PlayStation is just one of three platforms that the game was released on.

Do something as simple as type the game's name into Google and you're gonna come across a bunch of active forums discussing the game, albeit not all of the discussion is positive because of the mtx.

Never hit the blunt before typing, dude.  

oh yeah? then let's go to a store and ask how many they sold of this game this week! Probably not much if even 1

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, redquarter872 said:

Couple things:

 

1) I hate to say anything good about EAfront 2, but despite removing the MTX from it after the debacle, they've managed to keep it going despite no extra monetization.

 

2) None of that money is going to the devs; it's all going to the C-level execs and shareholders.  Johnny in cubicle 42 -- the guy who works 80-hour weeks for minimum wage?  He's not getting any of the money the microtransactions are bringing in.  If he's lucky, he might get a bonus if those C-level execs are in a good mood, but that's it.

 

3) They stated beforehand that microtransactions wouldn't be in the game.  Lying to your customer base is never acceptable.  Never mind the fact that these weren't introduced until a month after launch -- I could at least give a tiny, infinitesimal amount of understanding if the game had launched with them, and they'd told us up-front that they'd be in the game.  But they didn't. 

I think devs are paid already. It was the boss idea to have microtransaction of course he will get the money, it is his company. If those workers get minimum wage for working 80 hours -which should be impossible for a human- then they should go back to working at easy job mcdonalds,

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2019 at 2:44 PM, Stan Lee said:

 

Great. Doesn't matter. Not my point. They've still monetized the reward system.

It's something people were still worried about that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well tbh as long as they don't nerf coins for us who aren't buying them and this helps improving the game, why not

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ehh I sold my game. I just don't like how they fucked us over. I mean they purposely did this by waiting a whole month to get good reviews and then go ahead and give the okay to put microtransactions. That's a dirty and scummy way to say "fuck you" to the consumer. It's like your partner saying they don't have an std and then you enjoy the sex and whatever and then a few weeks later, your partner admits to having an std. Case closed.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Well tbh as long as they don't nerf coins for us who aren't buying them and this helps improving the game, why not

 

They did nerf them, read the previous posts.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Kids being bullied for fucking skins sounds new to me,  honestly if it weren't for  skins they would find another way to bully you, that's not a MTX problem.

I'm just glad they didn't add online trophies, so whatever, knock yourself out on cosmetics.

Honestly,  if I were Acti's CEO I would have probably done the same, it's difficult to please the Crash fanbase with their divided opinions on post-ND games (I still love Twinsanity), and making a new  Crash game in the era where platformers are mostly dead  and the average game time of a videogame far exceeds Crash's,  testing the waters with the ND games and then try the live service model with team racing, and finally sell the  crash brand when they're done  with  CTR would maximize profits. A sound strategy, though it leaves a sour taste 

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Kids being bullied for fucking skins sounds new to me,  honestly if it weren't for  skins they would find another way to bully you, that's not a MTX problem.

I'm just glad they didn't add online trophies, so whatever, knock yourself out on cosmetics.

Honestly,  if I were Acti's CEO I would have probably done the same, it's difficult to please the Crash fanbase with their divided opinions on post-ND games (I still love Twinsanity), and making a new  Crash game in the era where platformers are mostly dead  and the average game time of a videogame far exceeds Crash's,  testing the waters with the ND games and then try the live service model with team racing, and finally sell the  crash brand when they're done  with  CTR would maximize profits. A sound strategy, though it leaves a sour taste 

 

It's a scummy way though. Your putting in microtransactions in a 20 year old remake. That's the sad part. We know nostalgic factors into this and they used that to their advantage. I should've seen the red flags when the pit stop looked like the fucking Fornite store. This is definitely a good lesson learned for next time. *cough Jedi:Fallen Orders *cough.  

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

I found out about this last week, and my heart sunk. It's that same slimy tactic I've seen in so many potentially fun games, where they nerf the reward system to increase the grind and frustrate you into buying their monopoly money (In-game currency). Companies like Activision-Blizzard, EA and Bethesda always take the piss, when it comes to monetising a game. If given the opportunity to do so. Just look at the horror stories of kids being bullied for having normal/standard in-game skins. Or kids and adults with addictive personalities wasting their money or their parents money on all those 'optional' microtransactions.

 

Lootboxes and Microtransactions disgust me, they claim to be 'live service' games, but these sorts of transactions don't serve the customer. All they do, is allow these companies to milk even more money from a customer who's already paid for their game. These tax-avoiding, multibillion dollar companies that cry poverty, have the gall to sneak in these predatory practices, after launch. I only bought Shadow of War, after the Microtransactions were pulled. For this game, I'm going to finish the remaining trophies and leave it on a shelf, maybe trade it in. Lesson learned, don't buy from Activision now too.

 

The only way I can see us getting rid of microtransactions and lootboxes is to make them dirty concepts, loathsome and repugnant. A surefire way to kill a game that asks for money upfront. I know legislation is going to eventually catch up with these companies, especially for lootboxes. Or 'Surprise mechanics' or whatever made-up name EA and their ilk try to rebrand them. Sorry got a little fired up, I really dislike seeing a good game, tainted like this. Especially after all the good will that was built up via the N-Sane & Re-ignited trilogies.

 

A-fuckin'-men, wish I could upvote this more than once!

 

Ridiculous seeing this kind of crap in our games being defended even here on the forums, sad when fans can't see when they're being screwed and games are being screwed with.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Friday weekend bonus has been removed? So now only 2 days from 3

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week I had the weekend bonus on Monday, so maybe they just shifted it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Electro Avenue still gives 800 with x2 weekend, x5 daily for 1st place

Cortex castle 500 for 1st place

 

Was afraid they would nerf coins more

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screw it. The only cosmetics and characters I care about are the ones you earn playing single player (such as Aviator Crash and Digital N. Tropy). I will just play the game, get the platinum trophy, and play this game for a quick burst of fun every now and then. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruining childhoods is Activision job these days.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:19 PM, ManOfDeath567 said:

Screw it. The only cosmetics and characters I care about are the ones you earn playing single player (such as Aviator Crash and Digital N. Tropy). I will just play the game, get the platinum trophy, and play this game for a quick burst of fun every now and then. 

 

Agreed, but still what they did was still sinister.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.