Guilty Gear -Strive-

Redgrave

I love the new design of Leo and how goofy he remains. His gameplay was abit too much for me (I don't handle rekka characters too well) but he is regardless one of the best additions from XRd.

Nagoriyuki however...maaan he looks badass. I think he's a slow but powerful swordsman with a blood mechanic from the trailer(Kinda like Raven maybe? Where he charged his excitement gauge). The only downside for him would be his name...is that a reference to a japanese band or something? Usually Daisuke does that with his characters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

why didn't you guys tell me about this song? The range of the vocals, the guitar - THIS IS HEAVEN!!!

12 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I'm just hoping that a new character announcement is for someone from XX. All the returning characters we been getting are characters from Xrd. 

Personally hoping for A.B.A and Cliff.

Here's hoping we get I-no and Jonny :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update for tomorrow streaming. Exhibition matches will be guest vs GG player.

Fenritti (Ky) vs Tomo (Leo)

Dogura (Millia , he was playing Raven in Xrd) vs Takehara (Ram)

Go1 (Nagoriyuki) vs Nage (Faust) - the most interesting match given the guest and discovering Nagoriyuki's gameplay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FinalFan said:

Update for tomorrow streaming. Exhibition matches will be guest vs GG player.Fenritti (Ky) vs Tomo (Leo)

Dogura (Millia , he was playing Raven in Xrd) vs Takehara (Ram)

Go1 (Nagoriyuki) vs Nage (Faust) - the most interesting match given the guest and discovering Nagoriyuki's gameplay.

I can't wait to see Nagoriyuki 's gameplay either. He looks like a heavy hitter vampire. 

Should put a reminder for the stream, thanks for posting!! 

Giovanna is the first character that I am kinda "eh" about in the game, similar to how Kum Haehyun was. 

Anji however... They brought back that Fujin spamming monster from GG XX. Gotta admit I am excited xD

But on the other hand... Of course they will add Baiken and Johnny as DLC -_- That's really kinda annoying. 

Release date: April 9th (PS4+5). 6th for DX and Ultimate edition (early access).

If you preorder digitally (PS Store), you'll get access to another open beta in early 2021.

EkBTmixVgAY94mI.jpg

Main roster will have 15 fighters (one to be announced). Cancer season pass will come later.

EkBURKIVcAAKno5.jpg

New trailer about story (small spoiler to confirm it's a sequel to Xrd)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FinalFan said:

Release date: April 9th (PS4+5). 6th for DX and Ultimate edition (early access).

If you preorder digitally (PS Store), you'll get access to another open beta in early 2021.

Main roster will have 15 fighters (one to be announced). Cancer season pass will come later.

This is the only legit thing that really bums me out about this game. Especially since they didn't add fan favorite Baiken or Johnny, they will milk the hell out of it. 

From what I saw, the season passes are not only adding more people to the cast, but will also feature additional chapters of the story.

And from what we got with Rev2, it can be either interesting (extra chap on release) or out of context / stupid (last extra chap).

On the bright side, those DLC announcement will keep this topic alive after the April release.

• Like 1

Not sure if they'll follow the Capcom route and releasing several version like it was done with Street V or any other publisher (SNK / Bamco) with just the base game, then deal with it.

I'd also like a complete / ultimate release later (years to wait), but only time will tell.

20 minutes ago, FinalFan said:

Not sure if they'll follow the Capcom route and releasing several version like it was done with Street V or any other publisher (SNK / Bamco) with just the base game, then deal with it.

I'd also like a complete / ultimate release later (years to wait), but only time will tell.

They will totally do that. Honestly GG Xrd had surprisingly few updates (Sign, Revelator, Rev2). If you check GG XX you will be shocked how many there are (XX, reload, midnight carnival, accent core, accent core+, accent core +R, from what i remember ). 

It kinda irks me that they do that.... But their games are so damn good! 

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-purchase FAQ

Q. Is cross-play (matchmaking) between platforms possible?

A. We are planning to implement cross-play between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 versions. There will not be support for cross-play with the arcade and Steam versions.

Q. Are the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 versions of the game different?

A. The game’s content is the same. There are differences based on the system specs, such as the resolution and load times, however.

Q. Is it possible to play the PlayStation 4 version on the PlayStation 5? Will there be any differences in that situation?

A. The PlayStation 4 version can be played on the PlayStation 5 using the system’s backwards compatibility. However, it will perform the same as the PlayStation 4 version (with a maximum resolution of 1080p).

Q. Is it possible to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version after buying the PlayStation 4 version?

A. Customers who purchase the retail version for PlayStation 4 can upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for no extra charge.

(Customers who purchase the retail edition will not be able to upgrade for the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition console, as it has no disc drive.)

Also, customers who purchase the digital version for the PlayStation 4 from the PlayStation Store will be able to download the PlayStation 5 version for no extra charge.

Q. Is It possible to use an arcade stick for the PlayStation 4 while playing the PlayStation 5 version of the game?

A. We cannot answer or guarantee functionality for any individual products. Read more on this topic at the PlayStation Blog.

Q. Will the Ultimate Edition not be available for Steam?

A. Our apologies, but the Ultimate Edition will not be sold on Steam.

Q. Will downloadable content be shared between the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 editions?

A. It can be shared when using the same Sony Entertainment Network account (PlayStation Network account).

Q. What modes will be available starting April 6, 2021 (during early access)?

• Release date of the Deluxe and Ultimate Editions (modes available during early access):
    • All offline modes
    • Story mode (prologue only)
    • 13 characters

*Early access is not available for the Steam version.

• Release date of the standard edition (all modes available to play):
    • Online modes
    • Story modes (Main Story)
    • All 15 playable characters, including Anji and one more character (TBA)

*All editions, including Standard, Deluxe, and Ultimate Editions will require the free April 9 update patch.

*Please note that an internet connection is required.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Dev backyard 4 https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/news/db4/

More infos about Giovanna and Nagoriyuki (think Hakumen + Potemkin 1f605.png) + online Ranked matches;

I love playing ranked in fighting games. Getting rid of ranked to try something new is something I can get behind. The new floor system really does sound intriguing to me  

2 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Dev backyard 4 https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/news/db4/

More infos about Giovanna and Nagoriyuki (think Hakumen + Potemkin 1f605.png) + online Ranked matches;

I really like the new direction they are going with the series, but not the game itself. I like that the devs finally communicate (or well, pretend to, worst case scenario) with the playerbase and see what they want.

Also their rollback implementation for online works wonders apparently. Accent Core on PC is a massive online success in terms of functionality now :D 

Can't wait to see how Nagoriyuki is connected to Slayer, being a vampire and such.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, FinalFan said:

Friendly reminder that Anji trailler (90 seconds) will air on January 1st, you can see how he'll look with thumbnail!

1f1ef-1f1f5.png 9:00 - 1f1eb-1f1f7.png 1:00 - 1f1ec-1f1e7.png exactly midnight, happy new year. 1f606.png

Well I'm not Anji's biggest fan (no pun intended) but I'm glad a XX vet is coming back. I'm hoping the last slot is someone else from XX.