Mahjong - Three Color Straight

Neme-ita

I´m not sure if I understand your Problem correctly. Do you know what you Need to do for a Three Color Straight and don´t get the correct tiles or do you don´t know which tiles are needed for a Three Color Straight?

Like with every other gamble game it´s hard to give you a lot of tips for getting the correct tiles. I would say you should focus on the tiles you already have with your starting Hand which Matches each different tile class (Bambus / numbers / dots). If you have for each tile class a 5 for example, you should try Building your Three Color Straight on that. and if you have also a tile with a 7 from one of the tile classes I would try to go for the 5-6-7 for each tile class. But the rest is again totally luck based.

• Like 1

Did you finish all other mahjong challenges and this is your last one left? If so then you likely know what you're doing and RNG is really screwing you over lol. 

To me, it was pretty easy and required a lot less RNG than I thought. 

You just have to get any sequence that's identical across the 3 suits which makes it a lot less reliant on luck.  I've got it numerous times by now as I was going for the win challenges. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Did you finish all other mahjong challenges and this is your last one left? If so then you likely know what you're doing and RNG is really screwing you over lol. 

To me, it was pretty easy and required a lot less RNG than I thought. 

You just have to get any sequence that's identical across the 3 suits which makes it a lot less reliant on luck.  I've got it numerous times by now as I was going for the win challenges. 

I need only this, for the other thing i use cheat for 10000 PT, i know is, example 1-2-3/1-2-3/1-2-3/5-6-7/8-8 But there's no chance T___T i think change the location and try. 

16 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

I need only this, for the other thing i use cheat for 10000 PT, i know is, example 1-2-3/1-2-3/1-2-3/5-6-7/8-8 But there's no chance T___T i think change the location and try. 

Yea that hand seems right. 

I suppose you were just unlucky then :/. Good luck!

Edit: alternatively you can steal discarded tiles and call chi to help you with that

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

What am I missing here?

I thought this hand would be a 3 color straight but I didn't get it in the end. Can someone that understands it better explain what I did wrong? lol

ffglozH.jpg

It has to be the same sequence (f.e 3-4-5) on all 3 suits, then you can go for any pair and triplet.

In that hand you have different sequences.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Is getting 10 wins with an open Richii not extremely luck based? Hell, I barely had a few wins with a normal Richii. I like Mahjong but this is just stupid. Or am I missing something here? I’ve played this for a few hours now and have exactly zero open Richii wins...

Edit: Misread, it’s only 5 open Richii wins and I just got my 1st win. You complain on the PSNP forums and the gaming gods give you, as always, a little hand.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

18 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Is getting 10 wins with an open Richii not extremely luck based? Hell, I barely had a few wins with a normal Richii. I like Mahjong but this is just stupid. Or am I missing something here? I’ve played this for a few hours now and have exactly zero open Richii wins...

Edit: Misread, it’s only 5 open Richii wins and I just got my 1st win. You complain on the PSNP forums and the gaming gods give you, as always, a little hand.

Wish he would help me with Puyo Puyo then. 

Also if you're stuck with some of the Mahjong wins, look into how to build SP and then buy the cheat tiles from the guy in the sewers. They're 10k a pop so will no doubt be a lot of SP needed if you're struggling but want to get the wins done. Also. I read that the crazy girl who owns the other mahjon parlor gives out cheat tiles when you meet her win requirements that she asks of you. Could even work out better than buying from the sewer guy. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

16 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Wish he would help me with Puyo Puyo then. 

Also if you're stuck with some of the Mahjong wins, look into how to build SP and then buy the cheat tiles from the guy in the sewers. They're 10k a pop so will no doubt be a lot of SP needed if you're struggling but want to get the wins done. Also. I read that the crazy girl who owns the other mahjon parlor gives out cheat tiles when you meet her win requirements that she asks of you. Could even work out better than buying from the sewer guy. 

I don’t care about Mahjong because I understand the game perfectly and I find it very fun to do. When I got the platinum for Yakuza 0 & Kiwami I actually played Mahjong for many hours after, because I like it. But this is just luck based, and I don’t like luck based trophies. That said I’m already on 4/5 wins so I guess I was unlucky for the first couple of hours playing it...

• Like 1

On 09/08/2020 at 11:52 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

I don’t care about Mahjong because I understand the game perfectly and I find it very fun to do. When I got the platinum for Yakuza 0 & Kiwami I actually played Mahjong for many hours after, because I like it. But this is just luck based, and I don’t like luck based trophies. That said I’m already on 4/5 wins so I guess I was unlucky for the first couple of hours playing it...

You may have already finished it but as a tip for those who haven't yet, it's best to do an open richii when others have called richii before you as they're forced to discard tiles they don't need. 

Otherwise doing an open richii will cause the AI to go into defensive mode and you have to rely on tsumo to win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PooPooBlast said:

You may have already finished it but as a tip for those who haven't yet, it's best to do an open richii when others have called richii before you as they're forced to discard tiles they don't need. 

Otherwise doing an open richii will cause the AI to go into defensive mode and you have to rely on tsumo to win. 

Yeah I finished Mahjong after a little marathon playing it. I didn’t need any cheat tiles luckily. Those things are expensive!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...