Let's Play Yakuza/Like a Dragon

2 hours ago, KantoRyu said:

A bit late, but I’ll be joining as well! I’m on a quest to complete every single stack in the series, so I’m in this for the long haul. I already finished most of the localized games on an older account, but I recently started over so here are the games I’ve finished so far:

kxLKXxW.jpg

Next up will be Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan.

how can you complete these games in less than a week ?

11 hours ago, KantoRyu said:

A bit late, but I’ll be joining as well! I’m on a quest to complete every single stack in the series, so I’m in this for the long haul. I already finished most of the localized games on an older account, but I recently started over so here are the games I’ve finished so far:

kxLKXxW.jpg

Next up will be Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan.

Of course, welcome to the thread and awesome job with the completions!  Nice work with the Japanese completions too.  Just so you're aware though, Kenzan does not have trophies (but from what I've played is still a blast).  Here are your tiles!

@KantoRyu

Spoiler

psIUE8i.png3KRJtxP.pngLwvY3b4.pnghFOt5cF.png53xhoDM.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Of course, welcome to the thread and awesome job with the completions!  Nice work with the Japanese completions too.  Just so you're aware though, Kenzan does not have trophies (but from what I've played is still a blast).  Here are your tiles!

@KantoRyu

Reveal hidden contents

psIUE8i.png3KRJtxP.pngLwvY3b4.pnghFOt5cF.png53xhoDM.png

Thank you! I know it doesn’t have trophies, but I still plan on fully completing it, or at least reaching Amon because trophies are just the cherry on top. I have some decent progress in the game so far, and it’s extremely enjoyable. I need to get back to it after finishing AC Brotherhood and Revelation.

• Like 1

I started Yakuza 5 today, and unlike Yakuza 4 I didn't watch a LP of it beforehand so I know almost nothing about it :P I left off after fighting the boss duo early on but with what I've played I really like the combat. It feels fluid and I really appreciate there being a move that lets you go through enemy guard with certain moves and I even got the Tiger Drop and other Komaki techniques already. The R2 Heat mode is also super broken ? Looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds with this one, as well as playing Kiryu's Crazy Taxi :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Nice job!  You've got the plats for the entire main series now!  Are you gonna fire up Judgment after you've finished RE Resistance?

Thanks :) And I think I need a break from the series for a bit so it will still be a while before I play that one. But I definitely do intend to play it eventually. I can't run from Puyo Puyo forever :P

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

Yakuza 3 is done! 

Awesome job!  Here's your tile!

sPhcEdG.png

5 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

I won't lie when I said I forgot about this post. However, Yakuza Kiwami is now done!

Things are a bit slow now that the HD trilogy has been out for a while and 7 isn't out until next month.  But hopefully it picks up soon!  Congrats on completing Yakuza Kiwami!

majftRP.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!  It's been a while, I hope you're doing well!  Yakuza: Like a Dragon (aka Yakuza 7) has been released worldwide and I hope everyone's enjoying it.  I picked it up but I still gotta wrap up Yakuza 0 so it will be a while before I get a chance to play through it.  Also of note, Yakuza 7 is now officially required for Majima's Finest so unfortunately the four who qualified already are no longer are on the list (sorry!).

On 11/14/2020 at 2:29 AM, Clarink said:

Heya!

I'm in the middle of completing the games and would like to join the crew.

So far I've cleared:

-Yakuza 0

-Yakuza Kiwami

-Yakuza Kiwami 2

-Yakuza 3

-Yakuza 4

-Yakuza 5

Next stop Yakuza 6, 7 and Judgment, can't wait!

Hi there!  Nice to have you here!  Sorry it took me a while to respond.  I've been having major PC issues but I finally got them resolved.  Great job on completing most of the series by the way!  Are you going for Fist of the North Star as well?  Best of luck with 6, 7 and Judgment!  Here are your tiles!

Spoiler

36wQ92S.png0r7FGSx.pngl6AUIlv.png3ueUvwk.pngLhUWRPp.pngDVM1j0n.png

Edited by TomoTakino
typo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Hey everyone!  It's been a while, I hope you're doing well!  Yakuza: Like a Dragon (aka Yakuza 7) has been released worldwide and I hope everyone's enjoying it.  I picked it up but I still gotta wrap up Yakuza 0 so it will be a while before I get a chance to play through it.  Also of note, Yakuza 7 is now officially required for Majima's Finest so unfortunately the four who qualified already are no longer are on the list (sorry!).

Hi there!  Nice to have you here!  Sorry it took me a while to respond.  I've been having major PC issues but I finally got them resolved.  Great job on completing most of the series by the way!  Are you going for Fist of the North Star as well?  Best of luck with 6, 7 and Judgment!  Here are your tiles!

Thanks!

I think I'll complete fist of the north star after judgment while I'm still on my streak on the RyuGaGotoku studio's games. Really wishing for a localization of Ishin and Kenzan. Don't want to run put of Yakuza games, they are a breath of fresh air and I'm glad I gave the serie a try earlier this year. Truly a goldmine!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Also of note, Yakuza 7 is now officially required for Majima's Finest so unfortunately the four who qualified already are no longer are on the list (sorry!).

Already working on it :P enjoy the game so far. The round base combat is fun even if you need to get Used to it. :)

• Like 1

Hi, I came across this thread just now and I wished I'd joined sooner. So if possible I'd like to join please:

I've played:

Yakuza 0 (PS4)

Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4)

Yakuza 3 (PS3)

Yakuza 4 (PS4)

Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)

Judgement (PS4) - If it counts

Have yet to play 5,6, and 7.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 4:01 PM, Clarink said:

Thanks!

I think I'll complete fist of the north star after judgment while I'm still on my streak on the RyuGaGotoku studio's games. Really wishing for a localization of Ishin and Kenzan. Don't want to run put of Yakuza games, they are a breath of fresh air and I'm glad I gave the serie a try earlier this year. Truly a goldmine!

I really hope they localize Ishin and Kenzan as well.  I imported them and they're a lot of fun but the language barrier can be tough at times.  And I'm glad you're enjoying the series they are fantastic!

23 hours ago, Inuty said:

Already working on it :P enjoy the game so far. The round base combat is fun even if you need to get Used to it. :)

It looks like a lot of fun but I'm still working on 0.  Best of luck to you though!  I'm sure you'll get it done soon.

19 hours ago, KantoRyu said:

Been a while since I last posted! Add 3, 4, and Dead Souls. Next up for me is 5 and Ishin followed by the Japanese version of 0. Hope everyone is enjoying 7!

Welcome back!  Nice job with the completions!  I'm glad you're still enjoying the Japanese versions as well.  Here are your tiles!

Spoiler

S4MJbg5.pngRABBM9s.pngA83CYQb.png

19 hours ago, NullRay85 said:

Hi, I came across this thread just now and I wished I'd joined sooner. So if possible I'd like to join please:

I've played:

Yakuza 0 (PS4)

Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4)

Yakuza 3 (PS3)

Yakuza 4 (PS4)

Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)

Judgement (PS4) - If it counts

Have yet to play 5,6, and 7.

Welcome to the thread!  Always great to have newcomers, no matter when they join!  Great job beating those games too!  Judgment is on the list as well as Fist of the North Star.  So long as it has trophies it's part of the series.  Unfortunately though, I can only award tiles for trophy list completions.  But keep enjoying the series, it's an awesome one and welcome again!

• Like 3

So after getting distracted by Star Ocean: The Last Hope for most of this year, I'm finally at the point now where I'm about ready to dive into Judgement, maybe as soon as next week. It's been a while since I've played one of these games, and I don't know much about Judgement, so I'm really excited to see what it's all about! ?

I know Yakuza 7 recently came out, but I'm holding off for the PS5 version of that game which comes out in March of next year. I know I could just buy the PS4 version and get the free upgrade when the time comes, but I'd like to give Yakuza 7 the honour of being one of the first physical PS5 games I own. And no, I don't actually have a PS5 yet, but a lot can change in 4 months. ?

• Like 4

I only found my way to the Yakuza series about 3,5 years ago, but I instantly fell in love with it! So far I have 100% on Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6. I plan on playing Judgment soon and the Yakuza 3/4/5 Remaster is also on my list.

As unconventional as it may be, I think what I love most about this series is the fact that it introduced me to Mahjong, which I have since then started playing in real life. What started out as a "Oh boy, I need to do WHAT for that completion list in Mahjong?!?!?" in Yakuza 0 quickly became one of my favourite games of all time, so thank you for that, Yakuza! ?

• Like 3

You can Put me back to the finest. ;) Yakuza 7 was a lot of fun, a but different with the gameplay but still Not bad, Story is again top notch. Only downer in the Game is the unnecessary Level Grind at the end for the just cheap last dungeon. Took me round about 85+ hours in total to finish. 

• Like 2

On 11/25/2020 at 10:48 AM, Inuty said:

You can Put me back to the finest. ;) Yakuza 7 was a lot of fun, a but different with the gameplay but still Not bad, Story is again top notch. Only downer in the Game is the unnecessary Level Grind at the end for the just cheap last dungeon. Took me round about 85+ hours in total to finish. 

Awesome!  Congrats on being the first person in the thread to complete the international release of Yakuza 7!  Also welcome back to Majima's finest!  Glad to hear it was enjoyable (outside of the grind).

fttAhfk.png

• Like 1

It's been a while since I posted in this thread myself ?

I started Yakuza 7 last night and I intend to make it my 200'th Platinum :) So far I've warmed up to the combat and I like that you can have Ichiban level up personality traits from dialogue options. I also like that he's pretty much a turbo-dork that loves Dragon Quest to where he just sees things as an RPG :P But I look forward to seeing how it goes since I have heard good things about it.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 3