Trophy Thoughts

Liav222

25 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

It's working now. Just started the download. 

Not working for me still, in Australia. been 23 hours now and still unavailable. Did you preorder it, or did you buy it after it launched or your store? As far as I'm aware, the issue only affects people who preordered it. Buying it after it released allows you download it just fine. This exact thing happened with Remnant: From the Ashes too, which is from the same publishers.

Edited by Archavia

21 minutes ago, Archavia said:

Not working for me still, in Australia. been 23 hours now and still unavailable. Did you preorder it, or did you buy it after it launched or your store? As far as I'm aware, the issue only affects people who preordered it. Buying it after it released allows you download it just fine. This exact thing happened with Remnant: From the Ashes too, which is from the same publishers.

Pre-ordered yesterday from the US store. 

45 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Pre-ordered yesterday from the US store. 

Nice to see it was fixed pretty quickly for US store, just wish they'd get it sorted for the rest of us. Was really looking forward to playing this today.

EDIT: Okay, it appears to be downloadable now, but only when I went through the PS store on the PS4. Going via my library on PS4, the PS app or PC either didn't work or didn't have the option to download.

Edited by Archavia
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Archavia said:

Miło widzieć, że naprawiono go dość szybko w sklepie w USA, szkoda tylko, że nie zostanie rozwiązany. Naprawdę nie mogłem się doczekać dzisiaj.

EDYCJA: OK, wydaje się, że można ją teraz pobrać, ale tylko wtedy, gdy przejrzałem sklep PS na PS4. Przechodząc przez moją bibliotekę na PS4, aplikacja PS lub PC albo nie działała, albo nie miała opcji pobierania.

thx ?

The DEAD THINGS! trophy is seemingly unobtainable at the moment. The quest required for DEAD THINGS! cannot be initiated, so you cannot kill the boss. Shouldn't be surprised given Remnant had similar issues a few weeks back.

Edited by Archavia
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Archavia said:

The DEAD THINGS! trophy is seemingly unobtainable at the moment. The quest required for DEAD THINGS! cannot be initiated, so you cannot kill the boss. Shouldn't be surprised given Remnant had similar issues a few weeks back.

What a shame, glitched trophies across both their releases. Guess I will be holding off on this game for a few weeks until its all patched, maybe wait for a sale instead of buying it day 1.

Now just to wait for Remnant to go on sale, I would have bought it day 1 if there were not trophy issues.

20 hours ago, Archavia said:

For crying out loud, I buy like 2 games a year on release, and it seems like this crap happens every single time I do.

2 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

For crying out loud, I buy like 2 games a year on release, and it seems like this crap happens every single time I do.

Alas that is the common theme now, a game only works after 3-5 patches. Seems perfect world entertainment published games can not be trusted.

Interesting, PSNProfiles is still reporting 0% earn on Dead Things! but it is good to hear its fixed.

I am also concerned about the trophies, Ding Dong, Marishkabob, De-Aleera-ious, Fair Verona, and The Band Played On. While these are side quests that are possible to miss if memory serves correctly I am a bit worried no one has them yet even though people have killed the Nether King.

Edit: It actually appears some people have these trophies and they are obtainable, simply strange updating on the websites end

Edited by Dark_Odeus
Clarification

Remnant's trophy issues were fixed fairly quickly as well. I mean you can't blame Perfect World anyway since they are just the publisher. Very glad TL2 and Remnant didn't end up like Warhammer: Chaosbane which still has unobtainable trophies over 3 months after release. 

Edited by Killbomb

In terms of content:

If you rush through this game it's about 12-15 hours, average will be around 20 hours and if you play it casually, going through the story related content it's about 38-41 hours.

Fastest speedrun is about 5 hours I think. The game have "5 chapters" with side quests (some required for trophies, boss kills). Phase zones (Challenge modes) and Golden Chest (Find the Key puzzle)for each chapter. You can backtrack to previous chapters at most parts of the story and the game offers a teleportation device that gives you an easy access to various areas. (You can teleport to co-op players this way too)

In terms of difficulty and hardcore:

Nothing is a challenge in this game if you don't want it to be, everything can be done on Casual difficulty and you can cloud save your content to null the hardcore "One life" mode with frequent saves with PSN +.  Overall the bigger spikes in challenge is the boss fights and slows, technically the combination of the two can be quick and deadly. There will be enemies that explode on impact or death and they usually do a lot in terms of survivability but in general you can face to face every enemy in the game on the "regular" difficulties. Edit: The issue is normally mobility issues so if you pick abilities with leap functions the game gets even easier.

There is options for harder modes if you want a challenge but none of that is required for any trophy.

In terms of multiplayer:

Torchlight II is better played in Co-op modes, it scales better and you can multi task the roles and enemies. The things you do gets saved on the character so there is no need to worry about getting loss of progression in Co-Op modes even as player 2-4. Most abilties in the game is tailored towards teamwork with buffs, shields and heals or trap disarming so if you play alone you might run low on some things that would be more optimal. Bosses and enemies scale with player levels and how many people are playing at once but so does the EXP and Loot aswell. If you have someone that you can play with for the platinum in Co-op it would be a 19-28 hour platinum on Casual mode.

In terms of builds:

Engineer is the easiest build and offers not much in terms of spells but takes longer to acquire damage early on instead. they are the "Best overall" thing with Tank, Heal and Dps to go with kind of like the Paladin class from WoW but less efficient at healing.

The most optimal build for Engineer if you want a fast run is of course the 2 Handed, Stun and blitz build where you hold X wait for charge and hit Circle for insta kills.

http://tidbi.ru/eng/engineer.php?lvl=100&fm=33&skill=F0000FFFF2F000000F0100000000F0&stat=edbobydzaaabaaaa

That is usually the go to, you will run around with any 2 Hander (They are Really easy to get so you will always have good damage as Polearms, Axes, Mallets and Swords work.)

Outlander is a bit harder to play with and generally struggle with equipment but the spam build combined with hexing is really powerful mid and end game and is a great candidate for new game plus as you will be safer and out of harms way more often.

http://tidbi.ru/eng/outlander.php?lvl=100&fm=33&skill=00F0F00F0000000F0F00000000F0FF&stat=brbIdldQaaaaaaaa

The build puts focus on mobility and spamming bounce arrows.

Berserker is just broken beyond level 20, max damage build shreds everything the only downside is that your are pretty weak in some specific areas and it would be something I would recommend for people playing in Co-Op modes as a friend can close some gaps you cannot while you are on cooldown. Traps can be lethal with such a close range character.

http://tidbi.ru/eng/berserker.php?lvl=100&fm=33&skill=000F0FFFDF00000000000000F00FF0&stat=hgapafcOaaaaaaaa

One shot one Kill build.

That is three I used in the past and you can easily beat the game with it, of course you can play however you want and spec in any way you wish (I recommend it.).

Generally though the talents do not scale that well so unless you put plenty of points into one thing... A level 2 spell won't be useful whatever it is in NG+.

Edited by NightRusticDawn
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

If you rush through this game it's about 12-15 hours, average will be around 20 hours and if you play it casually, going through the story related content it's about 38-41 hours.

Fastest speedrun is about 5 hours I think.

To be clear, these time estimates are for completing one playthrough. However, the trophies for reaching level 100 and for earning some absurd amount of gold require much more than one playthrough to earn (it's looking like probably 3 or so playthroughs total to get them?).

1 Million gold is not an absurd amount, you should clock in about 100k after two-four hours of playing (meanwhile doing everything else) if you get good loot and sell items, potions and gems.

There is also items that increase item or gold find, not hard to obtain.

Most people reach level 36-45 on the first playthrough without doing all side quests and phase content by the time you have done NG+ you will be near enough to not need NG++

As I said before if someone gets this platinum in under 20 hours it's someone that have rushed through it and most likely with co-op play to get more exp and loot.

It shouldn't take more then two playthroughs(3 only if you Hardcore mode into a separate run.) and it should not take more then 38-41 hours (if you are hyper optimized of course..) as I mentioned before.