Fairy Tail RPG announced for PS4

TugaSonic

Awesome, this is the first I've heard of this, but I'm already looking forward to it after seeing how the battle system will be. ^_^

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Turn based combat with slight grid elements huh? I was honestly expecting free combat with how the series is with its fights. 

That was my first thought when I first seen this topic, but I much prefer turn-based combat over that. :P Makes sense after seeing the game was from Gust too, they've done some good turn-based games before (namely the Atelier series). This may actually end up being a pre-order for me, the first one in... crap, it's been so long I can't remember. ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Masamune said:

That was my first thought when I first seen this topic, but I much prefer turn-based combat over that. :P Makes sense after seeing the game was from Gust too, they've done some good turn-based games before (namely the Atelier series). This may actually end up being a pre-order for me, the first one in... crap, it's been so long I can't remember. 1f610.png

Never played any of the Atelier games, despite the KT tag they just don't look like something I'd play, but the scale at which Fairy Tail has their fights in the manga/anime seems like turn based combat is going to make it seem boring in comparison. I love me some turn based combat too I was just a bit caught off guard with the gameplay vid.

My thoughts kinda went towards Dynasty Warriors. Or something similar to Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll where you had hack n slash and skills you could access with either :r1: or :l1:...I don't remember the controller scheme on that game after all this time lol.

3 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

My thoughts kinda went towards Dynasty Warriors. Or something similar to Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll where you had hack n slash and skills you could access with either :r1: or :l1:...I don't remember the controller scheme on that game after all this time lol.

First game I thought of was the Seven Deadly Sins game I recently played... that wasn't as good as expected though, so I'm kinda glad that wasn't the case. ?

• 8 months later...

Unison Raid

Fairy Tail’s extraordinary world of magic and dragons is captured in remarkable detail throughout this all-new gaming experience, with a phenomenal focus of delivering the type of magic and mystique fans of the worldwide sensation anime and manga series have been craving. In Fairy Tail, characters can now combine in a Unison Raid to unleash their magic spells at once to overpower enemies. This Unison Raid ability originally premiered in the Fairy Tail anime and manga, but in the game, all new magic and character team-ups will be featured, introducing exciting new powers from never before seen character combinations.

Extreme Magic Spells

In addition, a series of Extreme Magic Spells will also be introduced, including Kanna’s Fairy Glitter—which can be activated when magic attacks are combined, Makarov’s “Giant” magic, and even a spell known as Exceed Special, which will help your party out in times of terrible trouble. Each magic spell carries unique elemental properties and affinities, with magic dealing more damage to specific opponents. Characters can then upgrade their magic spells by gaining experience points throughout their journey.

Awakening

Also, by using magic attacks during battle, the party’s Awakening Gauge increases. When the gauge is fully filled, characters can be Awakened, enabling them to utilize even more powerful magical abilities—and with each character employing different Awakening Modes, players will be able to expand their strategies across a broad range of sorceries and enemies.

Bonus Costumes

A Digital Deluxe version of Fairy Tail has been recently revealed, boasting special Grand Magic Games team costumes, a bonus Lacrima set, and a DDX Limited Ryza costume for Lucy!

Purchasing any version of the game, physically or digitally, within a limited time from launch will also unlock the Early Purchase Bonus special Miss Fairy Tail costume for Erza.

Fairy-Tail-Costumes_07-02-20.jpg

• Like 2

New Fairy Tail Gameplay, This Time With Voice Actors From The Anime (credit to Gematsu):

Fairy-Tail_07-17-20.jpg

Publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Gust have released new gameplay of Fairy Tail played by Katsuyuki Konishi (Laxus Dreyar voice actor) and Sayaka Ohara (Erza Scarlet voice actor). Fairy Tail is due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on July 30 in Europe and Japan and July 31 in North America.

Watch the footage below.

SOURCE: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/fairy-tail-gameplay-featuring-voice-actors-katsuyuki-konishi-and-sayaka-ohara

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward for this game, as I usually do I wanted to wait for a price drop but the preorder bonus... The avatar of Erza.... I need that avatar to made it my universal avatar forever! I have seen that lately this avatar preorder bonus cant be gotten later in the store (still waiting for the AoT ones...), or am I mistaken?

Btw, it will come with the JP VO, right?

P.S. If there is no Pandemonium with Erza then what is the point of this game?

Edited by DeepEyes7

@Edunstar84@DeepEyes7@OmerSenpai@Masamune@TugaSonic@DEI2EK@AlchemistWer

Fairy Tail Adding Photo Mode, New DLC Characters + New DLC Outfits/Swimsuits Revealed (credit to Gematsu):

Fairy-Tail_2020_07-27-20_001-scaled.jpg

In Photo Mode, you can customize party members with your favorite costumes and poses, and place them in various locations to be photographed. There are also filters, frames, time of day options, and on-off switches for NPCs and enemies.

The companies also announced that Lyon Vastia, Levy McGarden, Lisanna Strauss, and Elfman Strauss will join the game as playable characters via paid downloadable content on August 6. (The Strauss siblings are part of a single set.)

Fairy-Tail_2020_07-27-20_002.jpg

Fairy-Tail_2020_07-27-20_003.jpg

Fairy-Tail_2020_07-27-20_004.jpg

Fairy-Tail_2020_07-27-20_005.jpg

On the same day, the companies will release “Anime Final Season,” “Variety,” and “Special Swimsuit” paid downloadable content costumes. There are 16 costumes per set for a total of 48 costumes.

Fairy-Tail_2020_07-27-20_006.jpg

Fairy Tail is due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on July 30 in Europe and Japan and July 31 in North America.

Watch the live stream archive below.

SOURCE: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/fairy-tail-game-photo-mode-update-dlc-characters-lyon-levy-lisanna-and-elfman-launch-august-6

Edited by MossyOakRcn42
  • Like 4

This news really made me think about not buying the game at release, paying 75 US for the Deluxe version that wont even have a season pass seems very expensive... We are paying 15 US more for just the lachrima and the tournament costumes? And the DLC will have 48 costumes more? Nope, I think that I will wait until a sale u_u... I'm sorry Erza's avatar, I will have to live without you, gladly it wasn't as beautiful as it should be...