TugaSonic

Fairy Tail RPG announced for PS4

32 posts in this topic

20 Minutes of Exclusive English Gameplay. I only watched about 9 minutes, and I like it already. Will put it on my wishlist.

Turn based combat with slight grid elements huh? I was honestly expecting free combat with how the series is with its fights. 

Yeah i honestly thought they would go ARPG route aswell. instead of turn based grid combat.

Awesome, this is the first I've heard of this, but I'm already looking forward to it after seeing how the battle system will be. ^_^

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Turn based combat with slight grid elements huh? I was honestly expecting free combat with how the series is with its fights. 

That was my first thought when I first seen this topic, but I much prefer turn-based combat over that. :P Makes sense after seeing the game was from Gust too, they've done some good turn-based games before (namely the Atelier series). This may actually end up being a pre-order for me, the first one in... crap, it's been so long I can't remember. 😐

4 minutes ago, Masamune said:

That was my first thought when I first seen this topic, but I much prefer turn-based combat over that. :P Makes sense after seeing the game was from Gust too, they've done some good turn-based games before (namely the Atelier series). This may actually end up being a pre-order for me, the first one in... crap, it's been so long I can't remember. 1f610.png

Never played any of the Atelier games, despite the KT tag they just don't look like something I'd play, but the scale at which Fairy Tail has their fights in the manga/anime seems like turn based combat is going to make it seem boring in comparison. I love me some turn based combat too I was just a bit caught off guard with the gameplay vid.

My thoughts kinda went towards Dynasty Warriors. Or something similar to Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll where you had hack n slash and skills you could access with either :r1: or :l1:...I don't remember the controller scheme on that game after all this time lol.

3 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

My thoughts kinda went towards Dynasty Warriors. Or something similar to Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll where you had hack n slash and skills you could access with either :r1: or :l1:...I don't remember the controller scheme on that game after all this time lol.

First game I thought of was the Seven Deadly Sins game I recently played... that wasn't as good as expected though, so I'm kinda glad that wasn't the case. 😅

I liked the one season I watched on Netflix I will totes pick this up one day. Happy is so cute.