Iceborne How to Measure Large & Mini Gold Crowns

19 hours ago, lightning_kf said:

Okay good.  But everyone else is needed for the gold trophies.

Yes, including the two Deviljho, the two Yian Garuga, Lunastra, Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos. try Lunastra HR investigations instead of the MR because it is a giant difference of difficulty (The supernova is much more lethal than before) and for the Deviljho there is the event of "The Heart of the Nora" and I think you can get the small crown secured of Deviljho in "The Greatest Jagras".

Edited by Allonnos

On 1/14/2020 at 4:20 PM, Allonnos said:

Yes, including the two Deviljho, the two Yian Garuga, Lunastra, Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos. try Lunastra HR investigations instead of the MR because it is a giant difference of difficulty (The supernova is much more lethal than before) and for the Deviljho there is the event of "The Heart of the Nora" and I think you can get the small crown secured of Deviljho in "The Greatest Jagras".

Including the Brute Tigrex, which I didn't even unlock yet.

Better yet what's the entire list of Iceborne monsters you need?

Edited by lightning_kf

18 minutes ago, lightning_kf said:

Including the Brute Tigrex, which I didn't even unlock yet.

Better yet what's the entire list of Iceborne monsters you need?

Banbaro
Beotodus
Viper Tobi-Kadachi
Coral Pukei Pukei
Nightshade Paolumu
Fulgur Anjanath
Ebony Odogaron
Nargacuga
Barioth
Tigrex
Shrieking Legiana
Glavenus
Acidic Glavenus
Seething Bazelgeuse

Zinogre
Yian Garuga
Scarred Yian Garuga

Blackveil Vaal Hazak
Velkana
Namielle
Ruiner Nergigante
Lunastra
Deviljho
Savage Deviljho
Brute Tigrex
Gold Rathian
Silver Rathalos

The first list is what are probably included in the crowns events that Capcom added in February, the second list of those to be obtained by investigations.

The first Iceborne specific gold crown event is starting 2/13 per the event schedule. Its in the ancient forest. From the picture next to it, Nargacuga, Yian Garuga, and (curiously) Rajang will be part of the hunt.

I only say curiously for Rajang since it was a DLC monster, but its possible they included him just to flesh out the number of monsters for the event, as there weren't many monsters added to the Ancient Forest region in Iceborne.

12 minutes ago, Narutofreak1412 said:

The second master rank gold crown event quest for wildspire waste seems to be Black Diablos, Glavenus and Savage Jho.

Only three monsters? Isn't that the Nightshade Paolumu is from that area?
If it continues like this in Coral Highlands we will only have Coral Pukei Pukei and Ebony Odogaron, Tigrex and Acidic Glavenus for Rotten Vale, Seething Bazelgeuse in Elder's Recess and a lot of monsters in Hoarfrost Reach, Banbaro, Beotodus, Viper Tobi-Kadachi, Fulgur Anjanath, Barioth and Shrieking Legiana.
I hope that they include Brute Tigrex, Silver Rathalos and Golden Rathian in Elder's Recess, because they are a real pain, I am tired of so much reskin of Rathian/Rathalos in the game, I hope not to see in the future a Diamond Rathian or a Ruby Rathalos.

25 minutes ago, Allonnos said:

Only three monsters? Isn't that the Nightshade Paolumu is from that area?
If it continues like this in Coral Highlands we will only have Coral Pukei Pukei and Ebony Odogaron, Tigrex and Acidic Glavenus for Rotten Vale, Seething Bazelgeuse in Elder's Recess and a lot of monsters in Hoarfrost Reach, Banbaro, Beotodus, Viper Tobi-Kadachi, Fulgur Anjanath, Barioth and Shrieking Legiana.
I hope that they include Brute Tigrex, Silver Rathalos and Golden Rathian in Elder's Recess, because they are a real pain, I am tired of so much reskin of Rathian/Rathalos in the game, I hope not to see in the future a Diamond Rathian or a Ruby Rathalos.

Not every area had the same amount of monsters back with the highrank crown event quests, so I wouldn't limit future crown events to 3 monsters.

My guess for the remaining line-ups would be:

Coral: Nightshade Pao, Coral Pukei, Banbaro

Vale: Tigrex, Acidic Glave, Fulgur Anja

Recess: Brachy, Ebony Odo, Seething Bazel

Hoarfrost: Beotodus, Barioth, Ice Legiana, Viper-Tobi

As much as I would like to see crown quests with elders or the guiding lands level 6+ monsters, I don't think it will happen :<

Edited by Narutofreak1412

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we know for a fact that the forest and waste missions are only 3 monsters each, those are just the only ones that are shown in the preview thumbnail. We could still see the same 4 per mission like the HR ones. If that ends up being the case I'd expect to see something like

Forest: Nargacuga, Rajang, Yian Garuga

Waste: Glavenus, Savage Jho, Black Diablos

Highlands: Coral Pukei, Zinogre

Vale: Acidic Glavenus, Tigrex

Recess: Brachydios, Seething Bazelgeuse

Reach: Beotodus, Viper Tobi-Kadachi, Shrieking Legiana, Barioth

Then Nightshade Paolumu could go in either Forest or Waste, and Banbaro, Fulgur Anjanath, and Ebony Odogaron could really go anywhere. I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if they made a quest in the Guiding Lands with Gold Rathian, Silver Rathalos, Brute Tigrex, and Stygian Zinogre.

Edited by Xylobe

Any videos for scarred garuga out there? Trying to hunt the mini crown for 3 days now using the video of mini normal garuga, but I'm confused.

Like this one:

https://imgur.com/a/MYoe2SR

It is pretty much around the same size as the one in the normal garuga video with the spike being on chest level, but it's not even close. Because the wiki states his small size to be around 1222.33, but the one in the screenshot was above 1316 as that is my smallest so far and I didn't get the "new smallest size" message at the end.

So, does the scarred version have to be even visually smaller than the normal one in order to be mini crown size?

13 hours ago, Narutofreak1412 said:

Any videos for scarred garuga out there? Trying to hunt the mini crown for 3 days now using the video of mini normal garuga, but I'm confused.

Like this one:

https://imgur.com/a/MYoe2SR

It is pretty much around the same size as the one in the normal garuga video with the spike being on chest level, but it's not even close. Because the wiki states his small size to be around 1222.33, but the one in the screenshot was above 1316 as that is my smallest so far and I didn't get the "new smallest size" message at the end.

So, does the scarred version have to be even visually smaller than the normal one in order to be mini crown size?

When I was hunting the scarred Garuga I remember following this video, I got it in a few attempts.

I am beginning to think that under certain circumstances the game doesn't change the size of the monsters, for example I have been trying to get mini and giant Silver Rathalos for two days and the same size always appears to me.

Edited by Allonnos
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Allonnos said:

When I was hunting the scarred Garuga I remember following this video, I got it in a few attempts.

Thank you! I took that video as reference and finally got it pretty quickly. It was even the 1222.33 one from the wiki!
Here's the measuring pic for anyone interested:

https://imgur.com/a/MP7RW9r

The first master rank crown quest is now out and aside from the 3 on the preview picture (Nargacuga, Rajang and Garuga), they filled it up with two old monsters: Regular Rathalos and regular Anjanath.

Also, the preview picture of the coral one shows Zinogre, Coral Pukei and ̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶c̶̶o̶̶u̶̶l̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶e̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶a̶̶z̶̶e̶̶l̶̶?̶ Ebony Odo.

G5MszF9OjSlm9yB2Yi1t.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Narutofreak1412 said:

The first master rank crown quest is now out and aside from the 3 on the preview picture (Nargacuga, Rajang and Garuga), they filled it up with two old monsters: Regular Rathalos and regular Anjanath.

Also, the preview picture of the coral one shows Zinogre, Coral Pukei and something that could be seething bazel?

G5MszF9OjSlm9yB2Yi1t.jpg

Ebony Odogaron most likely

1 hour ago, wackt1 said:

Have any of you guys got small crowns for any of the Iceborne monsters in the Master rank gold crown event in the Ancient forest?

Yea, I just got the big crown Nargacuga, mini Yian Garuga and the two from the Rajang. It is the first crowns event I enjoy, now there are people playing it, when I did the MHW events I always ended up doing it alone.

I got the mini Yian Garuga last night. I'm only trying for him and Nargacuga (already have a mini for him) right now, as Rajang won't count towards the Iceborne platinum and I already have the base game platinum. Altho I do already have a mini for Rajang, so the completionist in me will end up getting the large eventually. But I'm not in any rush for it.

On 2/14/2020 at 0:14 AM, Allonnos said:

Yea, I just got the big crown Nargacuga, mini Yian Garuga and the two from the Rajang. It is the first crowns event I enjoy, now there are people playing it, when I did the MHW events I always ended up doing it alone.

On 2/14/2020 at 0:14 AM, Allonnos said:

I've seem to be getting only big crowns. I'll try again later

I'm having some real bad luck with that quest, grinding since 3 days and I killed Narga, Garuga, Rajang about 25 times now (a bit less Rajang as I returned to camp when it obiviously wasn't either big or smol), but only got the Narga crowns so far.

It's so unnecessary that they put regular anja and regular rathalos in there, killing them each time just to get a chance for Garuga and Rajang is a real waste of time... At this point I'm thinking about if it's even worth continuing to do that quest and if it would be better to just grind regular garuga and rajang investigations instead as I can just check size, abadon and repeat in a matter of 1-2 minutes.

(yes, I know Rajang is technically not required, but I still wanted to complete it if they throw him in a crown event quest like that)

20 hours ago, Narutofreak1412 said:

I'm having some real bad luck with that quest, grinding since 3 days and I killed Narga, Garuga, Rajang about 25 times now (a bit less Rajang as I returned to camp when it obiviously wasn't either big or smol), but only got the Narga crowns so far.

It's so unnecessary that they put regular anja and regular rathalos in there, killing them each time just to get a chance for Garuga and Rajang is a real waste of time... At this point I'm thinking about if it's even worth continuing to do that quest and if it would be better to just grind regular garuga and rajang investigations instead as I can just check size, abadon and repeat in a matter of 1-2 minutes.

(yes, I know Rajang is technically not required, but I still wanted to complete it if they throw him in a crown event quest like that)

That event was weird for me. I was having bad luck too, ran it about 10 times with no luck. Then, in about 4 hunts I got the large Narga, and both Garuga crowns (I already had the small Narga). Seems like when it rains it pours. I was only going after those two tho, I wasn't even bothering fighting the others.

7 hours ago, izzyrules said:

That event was weird for me. I was having bad luck too, ran it about 10 times with no luck. Then, in about 4 hunts I got the large Narga, and both Garuga crowns (I already had the small Narga). Seems like when it rains it pours. I was only going after those two tho, I wasn't even bothering fighting the others.

Haha, so true, kinda the same happened to me!

Continued doing the quest today: Whole afternoon - nothing again. Then in the evening finally got smol Rajang, then another one with nothing, then both missing large crowns in the same quest:

Monster-Hunter-World-Iceborne-2020021721

That's RNG for ya xP