How achievable is the platinum currently?

Platinum_Vice

Howdy.

Can someone provide current tips, tricks and estimated times for the multiplayer trophies?

Any boosting strategies?

I can see possible issues with the following:

- 10 assists in a single hideout

- posse up (create a posse with max members)

- public enemy for 10 mins and escape alive

- win 3 consecutive FFA matches

- win 4 consecutive team matches

- reaching level 50

Edited by GonzoWARgasm
  • Like 1

Nowadays the servers are very unstable and sometimes it can take you hours until you can find a good lobby, most of the time most of the players are invisible - you can't kill them = you can't boost trophies - but I was able to do the DLC's a month or two ago, so I'd say if you really want to do it, there is nothing that can stop you. As for the level 50, you can use the hideout glitch but it's very inconsistent, I'd just delete the patch and grind Hideouts on LAN mode, you get x3 XP that way. 

• Like 1

You can get this pretty easily just posse up in free roam while grinding pikes basin and use a repeater to shoot each member once and let your friends finish them off 

this one can be a pain as it is for me atm as getting a full posse is tough atm unless you have the friends on hand online or you get a free roam lobby and they all accept your inv.

this one is simple as all you have to do is just go on the top of the saloon at armadillo in friendly free roam shoot people/law until 1k bounty wait 10/11 mins use a phone timer then go into outfitters and exit.

you can boost this with one other person i did it with my second ps3 and went to a free for all game, got a kill or two and let it time out repeat and on the final game you can sign out of the other account and it will give the other player a win. Just make sure to kick anyone who comes in quickly or else you will not have majority vote anymore.

same as the above strategy but for tdm can boost with one other player.

- reaching level 50

i used the lan/ play offline method to get double exp from pikes basin it doesnt take as long as i thought it would with this method.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The Platinum / 100% is still achievable but you'll need to do some boosting.

You'll definitely need to boost:

• Slow on the Draw (2)
  • Go Team! (3)
  • The Quick and Everyone Else... (3)
  • Legion of Boom (4)
  • Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace (6)
  • Posse Up (8)
  • Kingpin (9)

Most difficult:

• The Mother Lode
  • Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace
  • Kingpin

You can get "Posse Up" with randoms. If you reach 3-4 players in your posse, that's critical mass for the rest of the session to join in.

I grinded to Level 50 ("How the West Was Won") in ~10 hours by doing Tesoro Azul gang hideout on repeat. Podcast or music helps the time pass.

"Put the Posse on a Pedestal" can be done virtually solo, just get 1 random person to join after grinding to 50k points.

Unless the trophy says public free roam, private sessions are your friend. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I grinded to Level 50 ("How the West Was Won") in ~10 hours by doing Tesoro Azul gang hideout on repeat.

I read elsewhere that it takes about 10hrs using the triple XP of a base disc version of the game. Did you use this method or is Tesoro Azul just giving out that much XP? How confident are you in it only taking 10hrs?

I grinded with a friend Pike's Basin for level 50. If you are alone, Tesoro Azul sounds a good option. In a few hours you will get it. 

Really, this is nothing compare to Max Payne 3. I did that 100% and level 50 over there is a pain in the ass. Level 50 in RDR is a joke. GTA IV, and Max Payne 3 are the issue when we are talking about maximum online level on Rockstar games.

Edited by stiviwonderstif
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 2:55 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

I read elsewhere that it takes about 10hrs using the triple XP of a base disc version of the game. Did you use this method or is Tesoro Azul just giving out that much XP? How confident are you in it only taking 10hrs?

I don’t think it could’ve been more than 12.

I was averaging 1200-1300 XP per run through. 3.5-4.0 min per game. You can check the math to be sure but I don’t have the numbers in front of me.

I started grinding at level 29 which was too early. I should’ve waited until I had Co-Op done but I was having trouble with that so I changed gears.

And no I had the digital version of the game so it wasn’t triple XP.

On 30/03/2020 at 7:05 AM, Wagszilla said:

The Platinum / 100% is still achievable but you'll need to do some boosting.

You'll definitely need to boost:

• Slow on the Draw (2)
  • Go Team! (3)
  • The Quick and Everyone Else... (3)
  • Legion of Boom (4)
  • Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace (6)
  • Posse Up (8)
  • Kingpin (9)

Most difficult:

• The Mother Lode
  • Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace
  • Kingpin

You can get "Posse Up" with randoms. If you reach 3-4 players in your posse, that's critical mass for the rest of the session to join in.

I grinded to Level 50 ("How the West Was Won") in ~10 hours by doing Tesoro Azul gang hideout on repeat. Podcast or music helps the time pass.

"Put the Posse on a Pedestal" can be done virtually solo, just get 1 random person to join after grinding to 50k points.

Unless the trophy says public free roam, private sessions are your friend. 

Good luck.

Ten hours from start to finish. Really is it that manageable?

Edited by TheHarryGamer99

I also did it that way on a patchless original disc version. Way more XP that way and I'd say the 10 hours guesstimate is very realistic then. It will depend on the version you have if that is feasible for you. It also depends on what XP you have already if you are willing to start over. It's a mind numbing grind though, for some reason I found it very annoying even though it wasn't that long.

On 30/09/2019 at 0:40 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

Howdy.

Can someone provide current tips, tricks and estimated times for the multiplayer trophies?

Any boosting strategies?

- reaching level 50

HORRIBLE! IT TOOK ME MORE THAN 100 HOURS! 

Lots of lags, freezes, bugs, hackers, and lots of problems with online servers. Some of my friends gave up the platinum because of it. And it was in early 2018. It must be worse in 2020 now.

Edited by BossZombieMan
  • Like 1

On 30-9-2019 at 0:40 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

- reaching level 50

These ones I did legit just by playing. Some of them I even got in 2019.

On 30-9-2019 at 0:40 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

- win 4 consecutive team matche

These ones I will never get because I'm just not good enough. But they are probably still doable if you actually are good, though.

6 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

These ones I will never get because I'm just not good enough. But they are probably still doable if you actually are good, though.

Now that I have spent more time in RDR1 since posting the topic, I can promise you that the boosting community on this site is still active for this game. Those two trophies are very easily boosted, you just have to put it out there and ask for help.

6 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I also did it that way on a patchless original disc version. Way more XP that way and I'd say the 10 hours guesstimate is very realistic then. It will depend on the version you have if that is feasible for you. It also depends on what XP you have already if you are willing to start over. It's a mind numbing grind though, for some reason I found it very annoying even though it wasn't that long.

11 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I don’t think it could’ve been more than 12.

I was averaging 1200-1300 XP per run through. 3.5-4.0 min per game. You can check the math to be sure but I don’t have the numbers in front of me.

I started grinding at level 29 which was too early. I should’ve waited until I had Co-Op done but I was having trouble with that so I changed gears.

And no I had the digital version of the game so it wasn’t triple XP.

I am still about Level 10 and am looking for just the Platinum at this stage, so very soon I will start the grind to Level 50.  Maybe starting at Level 29 is what is affecting your report of how long it took.

I can do a 10 hour grind in 3 sessions of mind-numbing, no problem. RDR2, on the other hand.... grinding Thieves Landing for FORTY HOURS was a lot worse.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheHarryGamer99 said:

Ten hours from start to finish. Really is it that manageable?

15 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

I am still about Level 10 and am looking for just the Platinum at this stage, so very soon I will start the grind to Level 50.  Maybe starting at Level 29 is what is affecting your report of how long it took.

As per my comment, the 10 hours is when I started grinding at ~Level 29.

If I round down how much XP I earned and in what time for loading and conservatism, let's go 1200 XP per 5 min = 14,400 XP per Hour.

337,110 (total XP required for 50) / 14,400 = 23.41 hours. If you're just grinding from 0. 

If I take the average of per level XP from 30 to 50 (240,000 XP) ~= 16.6 hours.

So it seems I was off by a little bit. The loading isn't 1.5 min.

15 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

RDR2, on the other hand.... grinding Thieves Landing for FORTY HOURS was a lot worse.

I agree, 1000%. 

The RDR2 grind to Level 50 was absolutely mind numbing.

Not to mention RDR1 can be done in Private Mode and with RDR2 you had to deal with griefers. 

Edited by Wagszilla
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

As per my comment, the 10 hours is when I started grinding at ~Level 29.

If I round down how much XP I earned and in what time for loading and conservatism, let's go 1200 XP per 5 min = 14,400 XP per Hour.

337,110 (total XP required for 50) / 14,400 = 23.41 hours. If you're just grinding from 0. 

If I take the average of per level XP from 30 to 50 (240,000 XP) ~= 16.6 hours.

So it seems I was off by a little bit. The loading isn't 1.5 min.

I agree, 1000%. 

The RDR2 grind to Level 50 was absolutely mind numbing.

Not to mention RDR1 can be done in Private Mode and with RDR2 you had to deal with griefers. 

Ok I still thought it would be worse. I might do it one day.

• 2 months later...