TemplePilot

Is this plat still doable?

9 posts in this topic

I see a lot of chatter about a recent update making this less fun/more difficult.  Is it significantly more difficult now?  What's changed?  Should I try to find a disc copy of the game and just not patch?

In my opinion Dead Cells has ALWAYS been hard! 😁 I have seen a marked increase in difficulty with the new updates so perhaps you should play without the updates BUT you will miss out on cool new items, skills and a new Boss so maybe you shouldn't if you want the best out of the game 👍🏻

Your choice  😎

Edited by zorba-da-greek

The plat is pretty doable and still pretty fun. Imo compared to the vanilla game and todays update, the difficulty hasn't changed that much. Also imo the updates made the game more fun :)

Very do-able, you can back out of the game at any moment and copy your save file and then jump back in making the plat a 4/10, if it didn't have this option I would put it up at 8.5/10.  You don't even need to use the cloud the game lets you copy your saves in the game app.  This is the first roguelike/lite that I know of that lets you save and come back mid run.

Finally getting around to this.  Heard the latest update lets you roll back versions of the game making it easier.

Just platted it last week.

My #1 tip is to not unlock new weapons.  Just unlock the persistent improvements, and if you need a certain number of unlocks, keep unlocking outfits instead.  This way when you're ready to handle harder difficulties, you'll be able to unlock only the weapons you want and come across them much more often.  I ended up beating everything with the Electric Whip. I don't even think you need to unlock it.  It's the best weapon as it auto-targets enemies, so you don't need to worry about fliers.  It also works with both melee and tactic upgrades.  I just went full tactics, which also is great for most bows.

The best way to grind for cell forge items is by replaying the game on easiest difficulty.  You need 10,000 to unlock the rarest items.  You can get 300-500 cells per run.  Cells carry over from one run to another, so once you get enough on easiest difficulty you can switch to higher one and spend them right after the Black Bridge fight.

You can abuse the crap out of the in-game saves.  There are 7 slots.  I beat the Nightmare difficulty final boss by simply saving every 5 seconds onto a new slot.  The moment I would get hit, I would just re-load previous save.  Tedious but makes the game extremely easy.

On 6/18/2020 at 10:51 AM, Eternal21 said:

Just platted it last week.

My #1 tip is to not unlock new weapons.  Just unlock the persistent improvements, and if you need a certain number of unlocks, keep unlocking outfits instead.  This way when you're ready to handle harder difficulties, you'll be able to unlock only the weapons you want and come across them much more often.  I ended up beating everything with the Electric Whip. I don't even think you need to unlock it.  It's the best weapon as it auto-targets enemies, so you don't need to worry about fliers.  It also works with both melee and tactic upgrades.  I just went full tactics, which also is great for most bows.

The best way to grind for cell forge items is by replaying the game on easiest difficulty.  You need 10,000 to unlock the rarest items.  You can get 300-500 cells per run.  Cells carry over from one run to another, so once you get enough on easiest difficulty you can switch to higher one and spend them right after the Black Bridge fight.

You can abuse the crap out of the in-game saves.  There are 7 slots.  I beat the Nightmare difficulty final boss by simply saving every 5 seconds onto a new slot.  The moment I would get hit, I would just re-load previous save.  Tedious but makes the game extremely easy.

Thanks!

I've already unlocked a fair amount of weapons - but can't I just load up custom mode to avoid this problem?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

Thanks!

I've already unlocked a fair amount of weapons - but can't I just load up custom mode to avoid this problem?

Sort of.

It's been a while since I've played, but I believe custom mode locks the ability to pop trophies if you blacklist too many weapons. I think you need at least 20 weapons open to drop to keep trophies active. At least I'm pretty sure that was the requirement when I last looked.

So yeah, if you've gone on a weapon unlocking spree you can decently mitigate the effects of that, but not to the point of forcing the game to drop exactly what you want and nothing else.

Edited by Kitsuna101