OVERWATCH 2 is Confirmed

Atoya

My guess is its the same game, with the limited time stuff expanded into a "single player." Basically the game they advertised in the teaser trailer 4 years ago. Then, start the loot box/skin collecting all over again. People buying those have slowed down, so OW2 to bump it up again.

• Like 2

Nice, I hope they won't fuck it up like the first one lol. They should really stop constantly changing the game, it's basically unplayable at this point, I have like 1800+h on it and I stopped playing 6 months ago, just had enough lol

First couple of seasons was great. I really hate those insane luck based trophies, I was able to boost them all, really hope new trophies won't be so luck based so you can get them just by playing

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Don't know if I'll bother picking this one up because I lost interest in the first one pretty quickly.

U don’t have to, if u have one you can play the pvp of 2, the only reason people will buy 2 is because of the PVE and coop which isn’t worth it to me

27 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Nice, I hope they won't fuck it up like the first one lol. They should really stop constantly changing the game, it's basically unplayable at this point, I have like 1800+h on it and I stopped playing 6 months ago, just had enough lol

First couple of seasons was great. I really hate those insane luck based trophies, I was able to boost them all, really hope new trophies won't be so luck based so you can get them just by playing

Yeah I would like that for example, I wish they add trophies for reaching the silver lvl stuff like that people will get while just having fun

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ackerman_Ievi said:

U don’t have to, if u have one you can play the pvp of 2, the only reason people will buy 2 is because of the PVE and coop which isn’t worth it to me

Good to know. I'll give it a try at some point then. I agree about the PVE, if it's anything like the events from the first game then I have no interest in playing it.

1 hour ago, Ackerman_Ievi said:

Yeah I would like that for example, I wish they add trophies for reaching the silver lvl stuff like that people will get while just having fun

Yeah or get x kills/cards/wins with this hero/ability I mean everything up to 4 players, like get quadruple kill with x ability/hero is pretty much doable but more than that it's impossible. Doomfist 6 man trophy for example is very situational like every game has a widowmaker or genji now and no one group ups anyway so it's very hard to pull it of. 

I don't mind the grind for lvl or kills, it was actually really fun to play with friends back in the day BUT grinding for a luck based trophy that I can either get in 1 min or 50+ hrs, no thank you

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 2

Whenever I see Jeff Kaplan in a cosy sweater, saying "Hey guysss" and being down to earth, I just remember those rants from his Everquest days:

"Whoever came up with this sheer fisting of an encounter can go fuck themselves. Do me a favor so I don't waste my guild's time on this kind of jackass shit-fest again, send me an email at [email protected] when you decide to A) Implement an encounter that wasn't designed by a retarded chimp chained to a cubicle A.)Get a Quality Assuarance Department C) Actually beta test the fucking thing and D) Patch it live. And please for god's sake -- do it in the order I laid out for you. Don't worry, I won't charge you a consulting fee on that one. And for good luck you might as well E) Pull your heads out of your asses.

While you're at it rename the game to BetaQuest since you've used up you're alotted false advertising karma on the Bazaar and user interface scam of '01.Fix the Emperor encounter. Fix Seru. Rethink your time-sink bullshit. Fix all the buggy motherfucking ring encounters (I suggest you let whoever made the Burrower one do this since that dude apparently laid off the crack the rest of you were smoking). Fix the VT key quest. Fix VT (just guessing it's fucked up considering your track record). Don't have the resources to fix this stuff? Move the ENTIRE Planes of Power team over to fixing Shadows of Luclin AND DO IT NOW. If you don't fix Luclin, you jackassess will be the only ones playing the Planes of Power."

Source

Edited by SinisterPledge

This looks awesome! This is how the game should have been in the original OW: letting PvE missions permanent. People complained the lack of content, and they offer PvE for a short time.

At this point it seems to see an expansion rather than a full sequel. While I’m excited to see how it turns out to be, I wonder how it’d be with the PvP mode. Since both OW and OW 2 will share together PvP, with all the progress and cosmetics caring over, how would it be with trophies? Will we still have the original OW trophy list for just PvP and its usual add of trophies with each new hero, and we get OW 2 just for the PvE with its own list? I refuse to redo the same trophies from my hard earned OW platinum again, or to do twice the two trophies for each new hero.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was excited for ow2 back when it was first announced but the queue lines are ridiculously stupid and make this game a solid 7/10 into a 2/10. Awful. One of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen a developer do. didn’t help balance teams at all either as most people don’t bother healing or tanking anyway as such characters... so don’t understand their logic at all.