Extremely SAD about WWE 2K20...

fresquinho

What's up guys? Just wanted to share my sadness for a huge part of my life being completely destroyed by 2K, the WWE games series... I have never ever seen such a horrible game like WWE 2K20, it's scary from what I see from all the reviews and comments everywhere. Normally I don't base my purchases on reviews but oh gosh... I have a pair of fully working eyes on my freaking face and I think anybody can agree with me that the game is a complete MESS by watching videos of it. 

I wonder if there is also big wrestling fans like me disappointed by this, I miss THQ so much! 2K are just a bunch of greedy for money bastards! I'm sorry but it's the true!

It's unbelievable how WWE games were so freaking good years ago and now we have to BEG to this company to fix the game, not even a day one patch they released.. It's a true horror story. It's extremely rare for me to buy games day one because they are expensive as hell in my country ( 70 Euros full price ) and the only games I buy day one is Wrestling games (because Wrestling is my passion) and Grand Theft Auto or some huge title like that...

It's definately the WORST WWE game ever produced and published, it's the FIRST YEAR SINCE 2008 that I don't buy a WWE game day one, I'm extremely sad because I am a huge wrestling fan but this year I will wait for black friday. I already heard they released a patch yesterday or something like that and I am wondering if it fixed anything?! (Somebody tell me in the comments) 

I really WANT to buy this game because of my PASSION for Wrestling but I don't have the guts to do it, I don't wanna spend my hard earned money on a 70 F****** EUROS unfinished glitched game... I just want 2K to quit making this games, we need something FRESH! Maybe a WWE game that is annually updated with the new roster each year, DLC and more (maybe for a small annually fee?! I don't know I'm desperate). 

Share your feelings if you are also this sad and frustrated. Big shout out to the extreme loyal fans who bought this day one or even the ones who pre ordered those special editions I truly respect you and I will not condone you for doing it I know the feeling of buying a thing because you have passion for it. You don't deserve this company serving you that's all I'm saying. 

fresquinho.png

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 2

2K released patch 1.02 but nLlive was still able to break the game lol. It's not fully fixed for now (at least Bianca Belair's hair physics is now better but still needs more work to fix everything).

2 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

By buying games like that but also FIFA, NBA etc, people like you are just encouraging companies to publish the same shit over and over every year with little to no improvements, because there are enough idiots out there who will buy the game anyway. Yeah, I bet I angered some people right now but that's the hard truth. Instead of making a game every 2/3 years, then supporting it they just publish the same game with changed teams or whatever the fuck, for the full price every fucking year. It's like with Bethesda. People are buying their games even though everybody knows that they don't give a fuck and they release unpolished and unfinished games with the intent that either modders will fix the problems, or the problems won't have to be solved at all. I just hope that in the sports genre there will be something like Fallout 76, that will awake people and turn on their brains. 

NBA 2K20 and WWE 2K20 are equivalent of Fallout 76 from the sports category in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

By buying games like that but also FIFA, NBA etc, people like you are just encouraging companies to publish the same shit over and over every year with little to no improvements, because there are enough idiots out there who will buy the game anyway. Yeah, I bet I angered some people right now but that's the hard truth. Instead of making a game every 2/3 years, then supporting it they just publish the same game with changed teams or whatever the fuck, for the full price every fucking year. It's like with Bethesda. People are buying their games even though everybody knows that they don't give a fuck and they release unpolished and unfinished games with the intent that either modders will fix the problems, or the problems won't have to be solved at all. I just hope that in the sports genre there will be something like Fallout 76, that will awake people and turn on their brains. 

Buddy you're calling me an idiot? I have a passion for Wrestling, you clearly don't understand that and you have to insult me indirectly to make a point lmfao, your opinion is irrelevant. 

I didn't buy this years game but I did buy the others because of my passion for wrestling and in my opinion the previous titles are not bad, they could have more improved stuff but they're not bad. Not replying to you anymore, I want to focus on respectful comments.  

15 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

2K released patch 1.02 but nLlive was still able to break the game lol. It's not fully fixed for now (at least Bianca Belair's hair physics is now better but still needs more work to fix everything).

NBA 2K20 and WWE 2K20 are equivalent of Fallout 76 from the sports category in my opinion.

Lmfao are you serious?! They broke the game even more? Damn, there's no hope left!

Edited by fresquinho

Advanced issues found

7 minutes ago, fresquinho said:

Buddy you're calling me an idiot? I have a passion for Wrestling so get the f*** out of my post if you don't understand that and you have to insult me. 

I didn't buy this years game but I did buy the others because of my passion for wrestling and in my opinion the previous titles are not bad, they could have more improved stuff but they're not bad. Not replying to you anymore, I want to focus on respectful comments.  

Not you. EA brainless fanbase that is happily buying the same shit every year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Not you. EA brainless fanbase that is happily buying the same shit every year.

The games I have from EA are not annually games thank God! I'm sorry I got triggered by your comment. It's just that I'm sad about all this. Maybe you're right, the right thing to do is completely boycott 2K and don't buy they're shit every year but I can't control other people's minds to do it. 

I am shocked to see that there is still happy "WWE fans" out there proudly praising this game, LMFAO! How is this possible?! They're completely brainless like you said. 

I'm not even buying this game on black friday, I'm gonna buy it used at a very low price from someone later.. I just wanna platinum it and throw it in the garbage where it belongs. I'm sad as a fan. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fresquinho said:

Lmfao are you serious?! They broke the game even more? Damn, there's no hope left!

Unfortunately it's not fully fixed. Even though 2K will release patches later on, some things might be broken again lol. It needs some work because 2K/Visual Concepts are own their own at this point. It's kinda better than Day One thought. Second patch might come with bringing back Creating Custom Championship feature imo.

If I buy this game, that's probably for not missing Black Friday sales, the plat and maybe a sign from Becky or Roman on the cover and put the game on a shelf xD. Otherwise I wouldn't step inside

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
Separated the two replies with *

It's extremely frustrating, but sports games tend to be made for (or to exploit) sports fans, not gamers. I don't think many of them know any better. And, unfortunately, I don't know if it's ever going to change, because the market research probably shows these companies that this is the most profitable way to run their business.

Want quality control? Go after their bottom line. Boycotting products you don't like is a good start, but what I'd like to see happen is to an end to the monopoly these companies have on sports licenses. Can you imagine if 2K or EA felt obligated to put out good games because players could go somewhere else to get their sports fix, rather than it simply being the right thing to do?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah it is really sad. I was really looking forward to this game, to play The Fiend, Frankenbraun and all that. But it's all over YouTube, the game is loaded with bugs, and what's worse I heard the game will crash constantly. Bugs, glitches, that's one thing. But crashing frequently? That was the deciding factor for me. I'm going to stick with 2K19 for now. May wait until 2K21, I don't know.

• 1 month later...
On 27/11/2019 at 6:49 AM, jackmadrox said:

Yeah it is really sad. I was really looking forward to this game, to play The Fiend, Frankenbraun and all that. But it's all over YouTube, the game is loaded with bugs, and what's worse I heard the game will crash constantly. Bugs, glitches, that's one thing. But crashing frequently? That was the deciding factor for me. I'm going to stick with 2K19 for now. May wait until 2K21, I don't know.

I finally bought the game today (it's January already xD) let me tell you that I only found a glitch so far happening with the sound (no crowd noise) in one of my WWE Universe Matches.. well so far so good it could be worse!

But yeah DO NOT buy this at full price, I got it 50% off on PStore.

fresquinho.png

On 11/2/2019 at 8:34 AM, XxIsa-GxX said:

While one could argue that NBA is basically the same product every year, it is not even close to as broken as WWE or Fallout 76. Poor comparison. 

5 hours ago, PFinchen said:

While one could argue that NBA is basically the same product every year, it is not even close to as broken as WWE or Fallout 76. Poor comparison. 

That Fallout 76 example wasn't about brokenness of the game, was about how a game got ruined comparing to the previous one. WWE 2K19, Fallout 4 and NBA 2K19 were great in general but WWE 2K20, NBA 2K20 and Fallout 76 couldn't meet the same expectations, leaving sour taste...

I also just started WWE2K20 at the start of the month after waiting for a significant price drop (i don't buy it on release day anymore) and i must say that the game has been running almost glitch free for me. The only thing that has happened is that i dodged a top rope move and my opponent hit the mat but got stuck in it and kinda seizured for a bit and then popped up out of the mat and that was it. I'm thinking maybe the recent patches have fixed the majority of stuff?

Anyways, as far as the trophies go i'm almost done. I'll just have the online trophies to do at the end of the month at Royal Rumble weekend and i'll have the platinum. I really do wish they'd give us a more varied list each year though. It's always more of the same.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:10 AM, fresquinho said:

I finally bought the game today (it's January already xD) let me tell you that I only found a glitch so far happening with the sound (no crowd noise) in one of my WWE Universe Matches.. well so far so good it could be worse!

But yeah DO NOT buy this at full price, I got it 50% off on PStore.

How is it now? How many bugs and glitches have you had?

• 7 months later...