Ultimate Collector Tracking

PFinchen

3 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

Thanks for the tips. I think after I get the Ultimate Collector trophy, I'll just take a short break and then go for the MyCareer trophies. I wasn't in the best mood when I typed that; I was getting really fed up with MyTeam. I've heard the MyCareer trophies are nothing compared to MyTeam, so it really wouldn't make sense to let the platinum slip away when there are tons of people who really want the platinum but are stuck at 91% because of Ultimate Collector.

you should start My Career soon, as the VC that you get from games/daily challenges etc adds up so you can use them to buy packs in MyTeam.

Thats what i've done. Got up to 25000 VC, bought a GOAT pack, got Magic Johnson, sold for 100k MT on the AH :)

Edited by m0nk3y_aust

2 hours ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

you should start My Career soon, as the VC that you get from games/daily challenges etc adds up so you can use them to buy packs in MyTeam.

Thats what i've done. Got up to 25000 VC, bought a GOAT pack, got Magic Johnson, sold for 100k MT on the AH :)

He won't have an mt problem soon. There's a boosting session this weekend with 5.4mill mt giveaway.

Edited by kevinyang82

I've been thinking of just to continue to play Mycareer since I don't need the VC as my myplayer is 99 overall...Save all the VC and just buy packs. What do you guys think?

48 minutes ago, kevinyang82 said:

He won't have an mt problem soon. There's a boosting session this weekend with 5.4mill mt giveaway.

Sadly that's for people who  have over 2k cards i have 1658 currently.

Edited by Allstillwell

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2021 at 8:58 AM, BlueShadow17 said:

*snip*

Galaxy Opal cards are pretty cheap nowadays. Look for NBA is Back cards or GOAT cards as their packs are still available so you can get some cards from that set for under 10k MT.

Heat Checks you're looking at 18k MT and you'll need a lot of those to get Ultimate Collector.

Check Locker Codes for any still active. You can get PD Kobe and evolve him to a GO.

Login everyday to collect the daily rewards and spin the wheel at the end of the week. That'll help you get PD and Opals to help beat Domination.

Finally, get the Nets playbook and assign Quick Through STS. That will make games very easy but can get boring. 

Edited by Stevieboy

On 2/7/2021 at 1:09 PM, G_J270216 said:

Is it technically still possible to get this trophy until end of the year?

I am on 290 cards right now.

It depends on how devoted you are to getting it..... also having a lot of luck would help. but at this point I would say no

Edited by Stevieboy

On 2/8/2021 at 4:30 AM, Allstillwell said:

It depends on how devoted you are to getting it..... also having a lot of luck would help. but at this point I would say no

I try to get online everyday until end of this year/server goes down.

The thing is I am not so good at this game, cannot win at domination/challenges with superstar and it seems I always get shortage of contracts. :(

Edited by Stevieboy

16 hours ago, G_J270216 said:

I try to get online everyday until end of this year/server goes down.

The thing is I am not so good at this game, cannot win at domination/challenges with superstar and it seems I always get shortage of contracts. :(

Buy the Nets playbook and look for a play called "Quick Thru STS" run that play and you'll never lose a game again. there a guide on youtube if you need it.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Mantas-Artorias said:

Any tips on what is the best difficulty/quarter length for MyCareer VC grind? I'm planning on buying GOAT packs with it and then selling on AH. Still need around 1400 cards though.. Those damn heat check cards cost a fortune.

i got the plat last summer, and i jumped into the game lately just to play MyTeam for fun. The market right now is a mess....i've gotten bits of 4k+ for selling simple gold cards (20' current roster, or whatever its called. Compared with the fact that there is simply too few cards being sold overall due to lack of active players, makes this platinum practically impossible. If you could earn 1000 out of those 1400 through playing single player modes, i would say go for it. Otherwise....just drop it. And trust me, buying GOAT packs won't change that situation at all...just play the game if you enjoy it, but don't get your hopes up. 

22 hours ago, Malex595 said:

i got the plat last summer, and i jumped into the game lately just to play MyTeam for fun. The market right now is a mess....i've gotten bits of 4k+ for selling simple gold cards (20' current roster, or whatever its called. Compared with the fact that there is simply too few cards being sold overall due to lack of active players, makes this platinum practically impossible. If you could earn 1000 out of those 1400 through playing single player modes, i would say go for it. Otherwise....just drop it. And trust me, buying GOAT packs won't change that situation at all...just play the game if you enjoy it, but don't get your hopes up. 

Yeah.. I don't have a lot of hopes for this one, but I think there's still a chance to get the plat until the end of year - I'll see how fast I can progress and then decide whether to ditch it or not. I've collected ~800 cards in no time really, but that's only because these were cheap as hell, like 600-1000MT each. Now I'm facing the problem where one card costs around 15k MT. I'm also flipping cards in the AH as well (cheap galaxy opals) - making 3-5k MT profit each, but this flipping is starting to annoy me because I need to set up prices for 50 cards (every 4 hours).

Another big problem is the heat check cards, because they are being sold for around 20k each, which is insane. And there's around 400+ heat check cards to be collected (so it's like 8-10mil MT at this point).

And the reason I want to buy GOAT packs is so that I can sell those cards for MT. I know you don't get a lot of MT for the majority of GOAT cards, but if I'm lucky and I get something like GOAT Giannis, I will be 700k MT richer and + I still need some MyCareer trophies regardless.

Single player modes do not provide a lot of "reward" cards. From what I've counted, I will be able to get ~200 reward cards, which is nice, but at the same time it will take a lot of time to get all of them. Btw, I heard that you can make good MT on Triple Threat Online but I don't like playing that mode, because you can feel the delay when shooting or dribbling the ball and everyone is overpowered there at this point so I keep losing everytime.. :D

I'm still hoping for some sort of card dump where everyone will start selling out their cards cheap before the servers close.

On 23/03/2021 at 6:05 PM, Mantas-Artorias said:

Yeah.. I don't have a lot of hopes for this one, but I think there's still a chance to get the plat until the end of year - I'll see how fast I can progress and then decide whether to ditch it or not. I've collected ~800 cards in no time really, but that's only because these were cheap as hell, like 600-1000MT each. Now I'm facing the problem where one card costs around 15k MT. I'm also flipping cards in the AH as well (cheap galaxy opals) - making 3-5k MT profit each, but this flipping is starting to annoy me because I need to set up prices for 50 cards (every 4 hours).

Another big problem is the heat check cards, because they are being sold for around 20k each, which is insane. And there's around 400+ heat check cards to be collected (so it's like 8-10mil MT at this point).

And the reason I want to buy GOAT packs is so that I can sell those cards for MT. I know you don't get a lot of MT for the majority of GOAT cards, but if I'm lucky and I get something like GOAT Giannis, I will be 700k MT richer and + I still need some MyCareer trophies regardless.

Single player modes do not provide a lot of "reward" cards. From what I've counted, I will be able to get ~200 reward cards, which is nice, but at the same time it will take a lot of time to get all of them. Btw, I heard that you can make good MT on Triple Threat Online but I don't like playing that mode, because you can feel the delay when shooting or dribbling the ball and everyone is overpowered there at this point so I keep losing everytime.. :D

I'm still hoping for some sort of card dump where everyone will start selling out their cards cheap before the servers close.

Have you completed all the Dominations? I would grind as much free cards as you can as you'll make MT along the way.

These days triple threat offline is just as good method to make MT. If you can open the vault, you're getting 10 tokens, 5k mt or a GO card (5k mt if dupe).

Use the tokens to redeem all the lower tier reward cards from the token market.

I just jumped back on the game yesterday and noticed there were a bunch of Iguodala Spotlight Bogut cards selling for 60k or less. Not sure what happened there. 

On 3/24/2021 at 4:57 PM, kevinyang82 said:

Have you completed all the Dominations? I would grind as much free cards as you can as you'll make MT along the way.

These days triple threat offline is just as good method to make MT. If you can open the vault, you're getting 10 tokens, 5k mt or a GO card (5k mt if dupe).

Use the tokens to redeem all the lower tier reward cards from the token market.

I just jumped back on the game yesterday and noticed there were a bunch of Iguodala Spotlight Bogut cards selling for 60k or less. Not sure what happened there. 

Getting free cards is on my list at the moment. I've unlocked second tier of domination, but I don't see any card rewards there, only shirts and other unrelated stuff. Wondering if it's the same with 3rd tier?

I've completed 150+ triple threat offline games, those are helpful when you actually are lucky with the vault.

1 hour ago, Mantas-Artorias said:

Getting free cards is on my list at the moment. I've unlocked second tier of domination, but I don't see any card rewards there, only shirts and other unrelated stuff. Wondering if it's the same with 3rd tier?

I've completed 150+ triple threat offline games, those are helpful when you actually are lucky with the vault.

Jerseys count towards your card count, and once you complete an entire conference, you can lock it in for another card.

Evo all the players you get from the first Dom and then you can lock them in for a few more cards.

Just saw that the daily login rewards have been lowered again, or it might just be me as I had only just reinstalled it recently.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kevinyang82 said:

Just saw that the daily login rewards have been lowered again, or it might just be me as I had only just reinstalled it recently.

It's not just you. A few weeks ago, the daily login rewards were reduced across the board. Unless you need Free Agents, the rewards are a joke now.

yep, the daily rewards have been lowered - it's only Free Agents now, and if you already have the one you get, you can't auction them and if you sell, you only get 1 MT :)

GOAT / NBA is Back packs dont have the guaranteed packs anymore, so there's less chance of getting them now.

i'm only 200 cards away - 20k for the Heat Checks is fine for me - I'm good enough to win Triple Threat games easily offline but not always online, so i'm happy to pay the 20k when I have that much (especially if I get the vault open)

My thinking is if I can get 1 new card per day (hell I picked up 3 cards yesterday too), i'll easily get the trophy before the servers are closed on dec 31 :)

Edited by m0nk3y_aust

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently sitting at 1933 cards, so 967 cards left. Too many.

I made my calculations and I think I can do this...

• Currently:
  • Spotlights: (Single player)
  • Shirts:
  • Coaches:
  • Team Amethyst Balls:
    • 22 (looking to pay <10000 for each one)
  • NBA 2k20 Series 1:
    • 64 (62 silvers and 2 amethyst from Lakers)
  • NBA 2k20 Series 2:
    • 178 (166 silvers, 6 golds, 2 diamonds, and 4 pink diamonds)
  • Heat Check:
  • Spotlight Cards (needed fro the 2nd point):
  • Pink Diamond cards from Tokens:
    • 17 (150 tokens each)
  • Domination: (Single player)

With that in mind, it makes 95 remaining. Then I can get another cards cheaper than Heat Checks, let's say <17k MT each):

• Some GO, like GOATS, Throwback Moments, maybe NBA is Back...
  • Flash Packs, Prime, Legacy, NEXT...
  • Moments
  • Moments of the Week

I would need like ~50k everyday to get everything. It's a massive grind, but it can be done, playing mostly TTOffline...

21 hours ago, Alvurion said:

I'm currently sitting at 1933 cards, so 967 cards left. Too many.

I made my calculations and I think I can do this...

• Currently:
  • Spotlights: (Single player)
  • Shirts:
  • Coaches:
  • Team Amethyst Balls:
    • 22 (looking to pay <10000 for each one)
  • NBA 2k20 Series 1:
    • 64 (62 silvers and 2 amethyst from Lakers)
  • NBA 2k20 Series 2:
    • 178 (166 silvers, 6 golds, 2 diamonds, and 4 pink diamonds)
  • Heat Check:
  • Spotlight Cards (needed fro the 2nd point):
  • Pink Diamond cards from Tokens:
    • 17 (150 tokens each)
  • Domination: (Single player)

With that in mind, it makes 95 remaining. Then I can get another cards cheaper than Heat Checks, let's say <17k MT each):

• Some GO, like GOATS, Throwback Moments, maybe NBA is Back...
  • Flash Packs, Prime, Legacy, NEXT...
  • Moments
  • Moments of the Week

I would need like ~50k everyday to get everything. It's a massive grind, but it can be done, playing mostly TTOffline...

I'd advise buying the neccessary players for the Spotlight Challenges asap. Some of those require certain players in the lineup and these 3 cards (Udonis Haslem, Andrew Bogut and Elton Brand) are not in the token market packs.

Although their price has come down significantly since 2k21 was initially released on NextGen, you never know when they'll be extinct again. They're seemingly at their cheapest now.

The other cards which are required to be in lineups are in packs so there's no concern there.

1 hour ago, kevinyang82 said:

I'd advise buying the neccessary players for the Spotlight Challenges asap. Some of those require certain players in the lineup and these 3 cards (Udonis Haslem, Andrew Bogut and Elton Brand) are not in the token market packs.

Although their price has come down significantly since 2k21 was initially released on NextGen, you never know when they'll be extinct again. They're seemingly at their cheapest now.

The other cards which are required to be in lineups are in packs so there's no concern there.

The only card I don't have of those 3 is Elton Brand, and he's currently at 40k more or less.

By the way, since 3-4 weeks ago, Elton Brand and Andrew Bogut are back in the packs. Udonis Haslem was there in the packs like 1.5-2 months ago.

The only cards I have to worry about for the Spotlight Challenges are Brandon Roy and Gary Payton, 100k each in AH...

1 hour ago, Alvurion said:

The only card I don't have of those 3 is Elton Brand, and he's currently at 40k more or less.

By the way, since 3-4 weeks ago, Elton Brand and Andrew Bogut are back in the packs. Udonis Haslem was there in the packs like 1.5-2 months ago.

The only cards I have to worry about for the Spotlight Challenges are Brandon Roy and Gary Payton, 100k each in AH...

Oh that explains the price drop! Didnt realise they added them back.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...