Possibility of creating a program to bypass steam log-in?

EdgeOfPortal

1 hour ago, HerrSandman said:

@Phantochi arent you a hacker watchdogs style? 

I wrote a few lines in C++ to make windows exclusive steam games run on Linux, so i have some knowledge of Steam protocol.

The main thing here is to see how the matchmaking works, but i don't have a ps3 or this game, and it would probably take a CFW ps3 to get this done. really can't help you guys with this :(

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

I wrote a few lines in C++ to make windows exclusive steam games run on Linux, so i have some knowledge of Steam protocol.

The main thing here is to see how the matchmaking works, but i don't have a ps3 or this game, and it would probably take a CFW ps3 to get this done. really can't help you guys with this :(

**sadboi face**

matchmaking you mean how it connects 2 players together? how it works btw? like, how a game connects players based on their same skill lv? 

Edited by HerrSandman

10 hours ago, HerrSandman said:

**sadboi face**

matchmaking you mean how it connects 2 players together? how it works btw? like, how a game connects players based on their same skill lv? 

I'm more of a cybersecurity guy, so i can't give you a deep explanation on how a game matchmaking works, but in general, the algorithm can vary from game to game. One that I'm familiar with is the Glicko system which assigns players values which go up or down depending on the rating of the other players and the outcome of the game.

The problem here, from what i'm reading, has nothing to do with that algorithm, is the communication between ps3 servers and Steam. Steam for example, uses Session Tickets to verify a user's identity between the user's game client and another client or game server, but i don't know how it goes between sony and steam. That's why you not only need a knowledge in network protocols, but also a ps3 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/10/2020 at 0:17 PM, Antiristus said:

I am hoping there will be a solution. I love this game and I want to plat it.

A guy earned this online trophies recently. Maybe we can ask him and know how he did it. 

And I don't really think he is a hacker... it seems he is not a dedicated Trophy Hunter.

Edited by Pottercito_
  • Like 4

On 11/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, Pottercito_ said:

A guy earned this online trophies recently. Maybe we can ask him and know how he did it. 

And I don't really think he is a hacker... it seems he is not a dedicated Trophy Hunter.

Yeah a guy popped the hug trophy recently, profile doesn't seem like a trophy hacker. Profile could be  alternate account though they could of used to the be other friend side of the trophy to main account. With the other account  being the banned one already. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 1:11 AM, Pottercito_ said:

7 hours ago, SlipingJimmy said:

Yeah a guy popped the hug trophy recently, profile doesn't seem like a trophy hacker. Profile could be  alternate account though they could of used to the be other friend side of the trophy to main account. With the other account  being the banned one already. 

I went ahead and messaged him. Said a few of us noticed he unlocked the trophy recently, and asked if he’d found another method. He apparently has never visited the PSNP forums though, so it’s entirely possible he won’t even see or respond. I’ll update if I get a response back.

• Like 1

On 13/10/2020 at 0:58 AM, EdgeOfPortal said:

I went ahead and messaged him. Said a few of us noticed he unlocked the trophy recently, and asked if he’d found another method. He apparently has never visited the PSNP forums though, so it’s entirely possible he won’t even see or respond. I’ll update if I get a response back.

Lol i did the same thing, he replied and said he jailbreaked his ps3 to get it, great to see he has been banned already, go ps profiles. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/20/2021 at 1:29 AM, Pottercito_ said:

I will replay this game but now in my main account. I am tired of waiting for this to be real.... it might be difficult but holy god people created private servers for Demon's Souls and this seems impossible. I will earn all trophies except these two online.

do you know what the percentage would be without these 2? I'm guessing %83-86

Edited by TalalHmd

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...