Capcom says the next Street Fighter game will release in 2018

DEMON

Capcom have pretty much went and said that there won't be a new Street Fighter game until 2018, this may be so Ultra isn't put back onto people's shelves to collect dust very quickly after it's release, but we kind of know at best, that game only has a couple more years to keep it at Evo.

So the only fighters we know of what may come early into the next generation are Killer Instinct (Xbox One exclusive) and Guilty Gear Xrd (assuming it's going to be in the next generation for consoles) so there isn't an awful lot of fighters planned.  There's also Namco's version of Tekken X Street Fighter (which looks like it could end up being next generation with the little information we have on it).

Anyways this is a video off one of my subscriptions, expressing his concerns about the future of fighters.

If when we get a new Street Fighter.. I hope it plays really closely to Street Fighter III Third Strike, I really liked all the mechanics in that one.. SFIV felt like a downgrade to me so I could never get into it the same.

Is there a single fandom Capcom HASN'T given shafted?

There's been a few.. I hope Duck Tales Remastered turns out good.. have higher hopes than I should for that game.

I'm more upset about Killer Instinct being an Xbox exclusive.

Same, but I've seen some Pro-leveled matches, from the same guy that I have linked the video from.. it seemed to be nothing but Combo Breakers, it's very different and very simplified to the older games.  Same with Guilty Gear Xrd, I have heard it plays more like MvC3 from the Location Tests, but that's why its getting them, to get feedback pretty much.

I'm more upset about Killer Instinct being an Xbox exclusive.

Me too!!! but im sure itll find its way over to the PS4. What if we get Killer Instinct 2? hoooray!!! 

I may not like Capcom milking SF with all the many editions but I still want a new SF before 2018, gosh. thats soooo far away.

Edit: Actually im still waiting for Tekken VS Street Fighter... where the heck is that game? its like gone under the radar big time.

Edited by Br3akingDawn

Me too!!! but im sure itll find its way over to the PS4. What if we get Killer Instinct 2? hoooray!!! 

I may not like Capcom milking SF with all the many editions but I still want a new SF before 2018, gosh. thats soooo far away.

Edit: Actually im still waiting for Tekken VS Street Fighter... where the heck is that game? its like gone under the radar big time.

I doubt it, MS own Rare as far as I know and Rare seem to be happy there.

I'm not happy with them keeping SFIV going, been waiting for a new better one since that game came out.

Harada just recently said, it's still being worked on and it's still in it's very early stages of development =/

Fighters made quite the comeback with this last generation. People are quick to ridicule Street Fighter simply because they've been building upon SSF 4 rather than releasing sequels. Marvel vs Capcom doesn't really do it for me as far as multiplayer is concerned, not to mention Tekken and Mortal Kombat could go years without honest sequels. One can't help but worry, especially considering Killer Instinct really doesn't look too great. The future of the genre truly is uncertain.

As far as Tekken x Street Fighter goes...I'm not even sure HOW they will do that let alone if they'll go through with it. They just released Tag 2, so they're more than likely just getting serious about it if they are.

Whatttt! Wait I'm not too good in fighting games especially street fighter but for a game company to wait that long to release a game is insane! What if, for the die hard fans nd the long wait when u plat the the game they give you a actual platinum trophy??? Just saying that would be cool nd well worth the wait!

Excluding the first SF game,  each SF2-SF3 was around ten years.  Same with SF3-SF4.  The iteration of each game isn't the same game.  It would take too long to explain because most folks on trophy sites don't have a clue about fighters anyway -_-

Edited by grimydawg

;_____________;

Location Tests so don't get too upset already, they'll be looking for the feedback.

Excluding the first SF game,  each SF2-SF3 was around ten years.  Same with SF3-SF4.  The iteration of each game isn't the same game.  It would take too long to explain because most folks on trophy sites don't have a clue about fighters anyway -_-

I know this, but didn't Street Fighter Alpha series and EX (even know we all like to forget about this mess) happen in-between SFII and SFIII as well?  It's just a bit mad Capcom are leaving it so late to bring SF into the next generation unless they have other things planned for fighters, but they already have Darkstalkers IV ruled out.. and 2018 could just be the Arcade release too, I don't really know if SF works the same way as Arc System Works fighters do, but it'll get at least a year in the Arcade first before making its way to console.

Location Tests so don't get too upset already, they'll be looking for the feedback.

I know this, but didn't Street Fighter Alpha series and EX (even know we all like to forget about this mess) happen in-between SFII and SFIII as well?  It's just a bit mad Capcom are leaving it so late to bring SF into the next generation unless they have other things planned for fighters, but they already have Darkstalkers IV ruled out.. and 2018 could just be the Arcade release too, I don't really know if SF works the same way as Arc System Works fighters do, but it'll get at least a year in the Arcade first before making its way to console.

Well SF4 was in the arcades in '08, then got released on consoles in '09.  So I guess we'll see :hmm:

• 2 years later...

I'd have been quite happy if Capcom put Street Fighter and Resident Evil on the back burner for a couple of years and returned to a couple of their other franchises, such as Dino Crisis and Onimusha.  A PS3/PS4 iteration of either of these games would be amazing, especially the latter - part of me is still tempted to boycott SFV and all other Capcom releases until such time as they DO announce that they're bringing back Onimusha in one form or another!