Dedication Trophy Glitch

cometowner

1 minute ago, LadyFinesse95 said:

This brought back from shutting down and return active? Was this even the same server brought it back or another server open by public? I have stopped playing this cause its closing. Too late for me, what a bummer.

The devs brought it back after fan outcry. 

3 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

The best bet to get this unlocked once its glitched, is to play new years day. Worked for me and numerous others on here. Its the only day that seems to be consistent for it to unlock. Hopefully it either unlocks for you by then or the servers stay up to see another Jan1 

Thanks! Yeah I'm afraid that might be my best bet. Will try this Sunday too just in case. I'd be quite pissed to get every mp trophy just to have them shut it down again before Jan 1st. Fingers crossed!

1 minute ago, LadyFinesse95 said:

This brought back from shutting down and return active? Was this even the same server brought it back or another server open by public? I have stopped playing this cause its closing. Too late for me, what a bummer.

I haven't heard of it shutting. The servers were broken at one time and they fixed them so no issues now. Except several trophy glitches.

4 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

The devs brought it back after fan outcry. 

Thanks! Yeah I'm afraid that might be my best bet. Will try this Sunday too just in case. I'd be quite pissed to get every mp trophy just to have them shut it down again before Jan 1st. Fingers crossed!

I know it has unlocked randomly for people, but I don't know if I could be bothered trying to find a match every time you're online, just in case. The other trophies shouldn't be too painful if you find a good group to boost it all with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Ive played each of the past new years days with no luck. 

@Floorkiller74 See that's what's scaring me. I pray this thing ain't permanently glitched. Sorry you never got it. Also, don't know if it means anything but I looked at Black Bunny's profile and he earned it on 12/31 according to me psnp date. I wonder if that makes a difference?

3 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

@Floorkiller74 See that's what's scaring me. I pray this thing ain't permanently glitched. Sorry you never got it. Also, don't know if it means anything but I looked at Black Bunny's profile and he earned it on 12/31 according to me psnp date. I wonder if that makes a difference?

That thought did occur to me, but after it was too late this year, lol

7 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

I earned it on new years day here, but here is Australia, so I'm living in the future as far as time zones go ?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
39 minutes ago, Vasilij_Kozlov said:

Today is a the day, when i can get this trophy and... i don't have it ;)

Welcome to my nightmare... but seriously, sorry dude. Fuck that game. Glad I didn't finish the grind to level 50 once I realized dedication had glitched. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vasilij_Kozlov said:

Today is a the day, when i can get this trophy and... i don't have it ;)

The glitch claims another victim ?

keep playing a match any day you have spare time. I know there have been people who have had it pop randomly for them. It’s a lot of effort for possibly no result, but depending on how much it bothers you having this left as an incomplete it could be worth at least giving it a go before it’s gone forever 

• Like 1

I'm still really interested in hearing how a used copy could possibly register as being played before.

As far as I know, all PS3 Bluray discs that are the same game/print are identical read only memory. So the disc drive can't possibly distinguish between two different discs that are the same game, nor can it write any data on the disc itself.

It seems far more likely that anyone who had the trophy pop as their very first one just happened to be playing on the right date, as there's something clearly not working in how the game counts the six month timer.

1 minute ago, IDiivil said:

I'm still really interested in hearing how a used copy could possibly register as being played before.

As far as I know, all PS3 Bluray discs that are the same game/print are identical read only memory. So the disc drive can't possibly distinguish between two different discs that are the same game, nor can it write any data on the disc itself.

It seems far more likely that anyone who had the trophy pop as their very first one just happened to be playing on the right date, as there's something clearly not working in how the game counts the six month timer.

Is it possible that the discs aren't identical but have some kind of unique ID that the servers can use to identify players? It's happened before, eg. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, where you could claim one free copy of the Vita version per disc.

I think it's pretty unlikely this is what's happening though. If anything, I would guess it's more likely to be fixed by using a different console with a fresh install.

3 hours ago, black__bunny said:

The glitch claims another victim 1f629.png

keep playing a match any day you have spare time. I know there have been people who have had it pop randomly for them. It’s a lot of effort for possibly no result, but depending on how much it bothers you having this left as an incomplete it could be worth at least giving it a go before it’s gone forever 

Yeah, what else can i do =) I help some people with boost XP, so, maybe it's popup someday.

Myself hoped for New Year glitch, when i start in March, but who know that they closing servers before new year =)

15 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

Played through two full matches today with another used copy. As I expected, no such luck. 

If it works for you based on a 6 month wait, you'll be able to get the trophy on September 24th, 2018 which will be before the servers officially shut down and it'll be enough time for you to do the online. Since it's already synced to your trophy list I recommend you to prepare for that date by getting every other online trophy you can. You don't have to do what everyone else is doing because you're still eligible to get Dedication with a 6 month wait rather than just starting the game upon hearing of the server shutdown. 

2 hours ago, Sergen said:

If it works for you based on a 6 month wait, you'll be able to get the trophy on September 24th, 2018 which will be before the servers officially shut down and it'll be enough time for you to do the online. Since it's already synced to your trophy list I recommend you to prepare for that date by getting every other online trophy you can. You don't have to do what everyone else is doing because you're still eligible to get Dedication with a 6 month wait rather than just starting the game upon hearing of the server shutdown. 

The thing is I am 99% sure I played online a bit back in 2011. It would have been with a different console however. So you're right, it could potentially pop later this month if it thinks that when I played this spring was the first time. I figured the server would remember my ID though.

9 hours ago, mekktor said:

Did you use the same installation/game data?

No, same install.

Just now, Afro_Gear said:

The thing is I am 99% sure I played online a bit back in 2011. It would have been with a different console however. So you're right, it could potentially pop later this month if it thinks that when I played this spring was the first time. I figured the server would remember my ID though.

No, same install.

They have patched the game a few times since 2011 and maybe those patches changed the game to not allow you to get Dedication now. Considering they haven't patched it since March 2018, if that is the first date the game considers you to have played, you'll get the trophy this month if everything goes well. 

• Like 1

Hi again!
I still don't have this trophy, so i decide wrote where i can: twitter, support and other.
I sent message to

EA: 

Playstation:

and even Cevat Yerli =)

Maybe it's  a little childish act from my side, but hey, why not? =) I dont want anything bad, just a little help from big boys.

And i write on this tread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-Games/Dedication-trophy-is-impossible-now-due-to-the-server-closure-of/td-p/6924799/page/6

and russian version too.