What kind of system improvements would you like to see ?

Pokny

24 minutes ago, OpenScars said:

They need to sort the trophies out.

having the trophies stacked horizontally results in not being able to see the trophy description unless you click on each one.

they could at least have the information scrolling across!

Honestly from what I’ve seen of the PS5 UI and trophy system, it feels like they took several steps back in more than one regard. Like a horizontal trophy list just seems so inconvenient, you have to wonder if whoever designed it has ever actually used the trophy system on previous consoles? If they had, they should know that horizontal display only makes things harder.

I absolutely love the PS4’s ability to quickly pull up the trophy list of your current game via the quick menu (PS button), and the way it is displayed vertically so you can quickly and easily scroll through the entire list and find what you’re looking for.

When PS5 was announced I was really hoping for some minor quality of life upgrades to the system. Maybe the ability to sort your trophy list (in order, alphabetical etc.) or a search function to quickly find specific games on people’s lists, displaying a person’s national flag beside their name like PSNP does, a trophy points tally etc. Just little things for convenience and to spruce things up a bit.

Instead it seems they hardly changed anything, and the things they did change - like the trophy icons, the UI display, the pointless way they didn’t actually raise the maximum level cap but just multiplied everyone’s level to name a few - were steps in the wrong direction. Everything looks really ugly now. I’m definitely not in a hurry to upgrade to a PS5 at this rate lol. Smh man. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild

On 12/11/2020 at 0:46 AM, Z1MZUM said:

Controller, I can't take any more time with the Dualsense. It's a monster and my hands don't like it at all.

I find it very comfortable.. about equally as comfortable as the DS4. Just had to get used to the extra weight, but I like it now... D-pad feels a little weird though.

And I think I have relatively small hands..? (I'm barely over 5 feet tall, my handspan is a bit over 7 inches)

Unfortunately it's not realistic for them to make different sizes of controllers.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:47 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

I think all the cards should be available to scroll through, that they aren’t always is baffling. And agree the mic should have been off by default (although the latest update allows that now if you go to settings).

Yes we were able to set the mic to default off from day one, actually. 

But that means orange light on the controller is on all the time. Just feels like a weird decision to have the mic "always on". A lot of people are not going to realize it, and they'll join multiplayer games and something embarrassing is going to happen, lol.

11 hours ago, peffsi said:

I find it very comfortable.. about equally as comfortable as the DS4. Just had to get used to the extra weight, but I like it now... D-pad feels a little weird though.

And I think I have relatively small hands..? (I'm barely over 5 feet tall, my handspan is a bit over 7 inches)

Unfortunately it's not realistic for them to make different sizes of controllers.

Yes we were able to set the mic to default off from day one, actually. 

But that means orange light on the controller is on all the time. Just feels like a weird decision to have the mic "always on". A lot of people are not going to realize it, and they'll join multiplayer games and something embarrassing is going to happen, lol.

Well I'm happy for you, I just don't like it at all and it's destroying my hands for whatever reason. That's ok because just like the Ps4 i'll buy a Scuff or a cronus adapter. Actually the Cronus works on PS5 for PS4 games and I really do prefer the xb360 or Xb1 controllers, I've even got the Switch Pro controller working which tbh is my favorite. 

I have a feeling once this console is more available you'll find allot people who approve of the technology but don't like the actually feel.

On 12/2/2020 at 6:36 PM, Shizo said:

1. Trophies on the main "page" of the Home.

2. Friends activity back

3. Ability to run UI in 120Hz mode

4. Change "Game Base" or whatever the fuck that thing is to friend list. Why does it have "Friends" icon, but shows you random people from parties not on your friend list on top? It even shows spam bots that recently sent you friend request with usual BS about loney girl inviting you to go to spam links.

5. Share Library should be easily accessible, so should be on main "page" of home screen, just like Trophies.

6. Fix DLC management. For some games, Ui just refuses to show you which DLC you own, have installed or can install. I can see all my Watch Dogs 2 DLC from the Season Pass, but I can't see any pre-order and digital deluxe DLCs for Death's Stranding

7. Stop showing me Ads asking to buy "full version" of the game again if I own Digital Deluxe edition + all DLC. I have Digital Deluxe version of Horizon: Zero Dawn + Frozen Wastes. UI keeps advertising "Complete Edition" to buy on game info screen. Why? Looks ugly and stupid.

8. Give PS+ collection to PS4 owners. It's shady as fuck to gatekeep it from people who pay same subscription but don't get those games for free.

9. Allow to completely turn of LEDs on controller. If you mute controller mic, it glows orange. Why?

10. Communities need to return, I don't think they are a thing at all on PS5 or new PS App.

I agree with pretty much everything here Id like themes back & also yes the communities are no longer a thing it makes it feel so lonely if my friends are not online i cannot play with anyone because in game chat people don't really speak :/