What kind of system improvements would you like to see ?

Pokny

3 hours ago, Void said:

allow us to back up saves to USB drives., dont have the system yet so that is all i can think of.

I think this will come back, We are literally week 2.

Remember the USB ports and software are updated all the time.

The single System improvement I would Like is to be able to use any controller with PS5 games, Like DS4. I'm with myself here bit I don't like the Dualsense. I can tell it's amazing etc etc but it's a torture with long play on COD.

Edited by Z1MZUM

- Themes

- The ability to turn off certain controller features

- Being able to send at least short clips to friends instead of just screenshots

- If you don't use a headset but earbuds which are connected to the controller, I'd like to see something in the options / quick menu that allows you to adjust game and party sound seperately.

Don't really know if it is confirmed that the PS5 will deliver some of those improvements but I certainly hope so.

Edited by JohnlMatrix
  • Like 1

1. Trophies on the main "page" of the Home.

2. Friends activity back

3. Ability to run UI in 120Hz mode

4. Change "Game Base" or whatever the fuck that thing is to friend list. Why does it have "Friends" icon, but shows you random people from parties not on your friend list on top? It even shows spam bots that recently sent you friend request with usual BS about loney girl inviting you to go to spam links.

5. Share Library should be easily accessible, so should be on main "page" of home screen, just like Trophies.

6. Fix DLC management. For some games, Ui just refuses to show you which DLC you own, have installed or can install. I can see all my Watch Dogs 2 DLC from the Season Pass, but I can't see any pre-order and digital deluxe DLCs for Death's Stranding

7. Stop showing me Ads asking to buy "full version" of the game again if I own Digital Deluxe edition + all DLC. I have Digital Deluxe version of Horizon: Zero Dawn + Frozen Wastes. UI keeps advertising "Complete Edition" to buy on game info screen. Why? Looks ugly and stupid.

8. Give PS+ collection to PS4 owners. It's shady as fuck to gatekeep it from people who pay same subscription but don't get those games for free.

9. Allow to completely turn of LEDs on controller. If you mute controller mic, it glows orange. Why?

10. Communities need to return, I don't think they are a thing at all on PS5 or new PS App.

Edited by Shizo
  • Like 3

1. Option to have HDR always off unless loading into an HDR game.
  2. Add an optional dedicated section for Messages, Active Parties (miss seeing parties with people in them currently), Friends, and Trophies. 
  3. Add the ability to delete multiple friends and also restore the option to "leave" multiple message threads. 
  4. Make the trophy list more like PS4's design and layout, not the huge tiles that show four at once vertically. 
  5. Friends list needs horizontal tiles that more prominently display trophy level and icon, like PS4, and also display more friends at once.
  6. Allow you to sign-on to multiple accounts at the same time and stay in parties without leaving them when switching accounts. 
  7. Show us the Following/Followers list so we can manage that. 
  8. Add a way to quickly toggle between Party/All-Audio when swapping headsets. It's currently buried in system settings but on PS4 is easily and quickly accessed via Quick Menu.
  9. Revert the Hidden Trophy Information change, requires way too many steps. In fact, make this an OS option to always display hidden trophy info.
  10. Show me a list of games I follow to allow more control and management. I've unfollowed over 100 and still getting random games pop up in Explore.
  11. Themes and Avatars for sale again.
  12. More customization for notification pop-ups, mainly color and position would be nice options. I would also like to see the size reduced to what the PS4 offered.
  13. The library and tiles are way too big, need more consolidated sizes or the option to reduce it. 
  14. Go back to public and private parties, and limit chat recording and reporting to public parties. 

In general, I feel like PS5 has zoomed-in senior citizen mode active, everything feels big, large, and takes up too much screen real estate. I like smaller and sleek and displaying way more info at a time. However, this should be an option bc I think it's great everything is so big especially for people that have trouble with smaller print and icons. 

Edited by PortaLuna
  • Like 1

I would like to be able to use my The last of us II theme that I purchased on PS4.

Also where is the Live from Playstation tile? I can't seem to see that on the PS5 UI anywhere.

The PS store is a mess and navigation is far from intuitive and was so much better on PS4.

(Mostly want a firmware update that stops my blu ray drive spinning up loudly every hour that the system is turned on whilst a disc in the drive).

Edited by Japanime_Gamer

1. USB save backups.

2. Ability to store native PS5 games on external storage.

3. Ability to select the default sort order in the library - sorting by „last installed” is not intuitive to me when I have around 100 games installed. I’d prefer to be able to sort by name without having to go though the options every time.

4. Bring back the PS button double tap to immediately return to the game.

1. disable the stupid mic the controller. ( I always seem to unmute it and its so annoying when im just trying to play a mp game without chat) 

2.  when you separate the games in your library by name it will put the letter between then groups  and a way to skip to a certain letter of games so you're not just scrolling though a huge library.

3. Quick resume 

Well i have just received an auto download for the latest software and also an update for my PS5 controller.

System update has gone from 0.26 upto 0.30 and was around 868mb in size(?).

Not sure what this update fixes as the website has not added the information at time of posting this...

PS5 System software (playstation.com)

Hoping it fixes my random disc spin issue which has stopped me from using any discs in my PS5 due to the noise it makes, I will know in approximately 40 minutes if this is fixed or not as it always does it at approximate 1 hour intervals (I inserted a disc to test 20 minutes ago).

I will post back at that time.

Edited by Japanime_Gamer

For me the biggest one is to put back the ability to play 3D blu rays, I believe it only requires a software update.

I got the PSVR adapter to connect to PS5, but have to make a choice now between marginally better game performance on ps5, or the ability to watch 3D films on the PS4. This is just stupid.

14 minutes ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

UPDATE

The 1 hour disc spin issue has not been resolved in the latest PS5 update.

My disc drive just spun up really loudly exactly 1 hour to the second that I inserted a disc... 

Probably going to sell this to CeX for a £200 profit as I have a perfectly fine PS4 Pro right here.

Yeah, I get the disc spin too, but doesn’t last more than 10 seconds every hour so I can live with it until it gets fixed. Clearly a software thing.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

19 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Yeah, I get the disc d at pin too, but doesn’t last more than 10 seconds so I can live with it until it gets fixed. Clearly a software thing.

Mine lasts about 20 seconds, i would say exactly 20 seconds but I have not stop watch it.

My concern is that this has neither been fixed nor acknowledged, therefore I am not sure they are even working on a fix.

I agree it is most likely software related and can be patched, but because it still hasnt been patched theres a tiny nagging doubt in my head that I have a faulty drive...

Edit: I did call Sony support and after 30 minutes of silly questions which included 'Have you removed any of the PS5's panels?' and my favourite 'Did you spray paint your PS5 at all?'

The guy went off the phone 3 times to check on what to do next, he came back and said that no one else has complained about this to his knowledge and the PS5 seems to be functioning correctly.

He sent me an email so i can attach a video of the disc drive spinning up every hour.

/Sigh.

Edited by Japanime_Gamer

Just now, Japanime_Gamer said:

Mine lasts about 20 seconds, i would say exactly 20 seconds but I have not stop watch it.

My concern is that this has neither been fixed nor acknowledged, therefore I am not sure they are even working on a fix.

So a quick £200 profit is super tempting.

Sounds like the money is more of a pull for you than the disc spin is a push, which is fair enough.

Not sure if you have a completely different or more severe issue than me, but the disc spin, while quite loud, isn’t so much that it can be heard by anyone more than several metres away, and even then it’s not an annoying noise.

I actually get more annoyed by what seems to be a more high pitched noise - some type of vibration harmonics. I literally get a buzz from the faceplates vibrating at a certain frequency, and have to touch them to quiet the noise down. This happens at least once every couple of hours and is because of the method used to just hook the faceplates into the console I believe.

3 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Sounds like the money is more of a pull for you than the disc spin is a push, which is fair enough.

Not sure if you have a completely different or more severe issue than me, but the disc spin, while quite loud, isn’t so much that it can be heard by anyone more than several metres away, and even then it’s not an annoying noise.

I actually get more annoyed by what seems to be a more high pitched noise - some type of vibration harmonics. I literally get a buzz from the faceplates vibrating at a certain frequency, and have to touch them to quiet the noise down. This happens at least once every couple of hours and is because of the method used to just hook the faceplates into the console I believe.

I dont get those high pitch noises, my console is silent except each hour that a disc is inserted, by silent I mean even inches away from it in a quiet room I cannot hear the PS5 at all.

My disc spin noise is very loud, can be heard through watching TV and even just outside of the room that the PS5 is situated in,

I updated my last post to include a conversation i had with Sony support about the matter...

8 minutes ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

I dont get those high pitch noises, my console is silent except each hour that a disc is inserted, by silent I mean even inches away from it in a quiet room I cannot hear the PS5 at all.

My disc spin noise is very loud, can be heard through watching TV and even just outside of the room that the PS5 is situated in,

I updated my last post to include a conversation i had with Sony support about the matter...

Seems pretty standard to ask for the video. It’s the only way to prove the disc drive spin every hour. It’s early days so hopefully your evidence will go some way to identifying the issue and resolving it.

interested to hear you don’t get the high pitched noise. I was even thinking about putting the console down on carpet to try to deaden the sound but don’t really want to risk the heat and dust build up. 

1 minute ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Seems pretty standard to ask for the video. It’s the only way to prove the disc drive spin every hour. It’s early days so hopefully your evidence will go some way to identifying the issue and resolving it.

interested to hear you don’t get the him. I was even thinking about putting the console down on carpet to try to deaden the sound but don’t really want to risk the heat and dust build up. 

I have watched lots of Youtube videos after searching for PS5 disc spin and things like that and in one of the videos i saw it was from someone who said their PS5 was noisy and so they placed some bubble wrap underneath it and it solved their issue... not sure if that might help you?

16 minutes ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

I have watched lots of Youtube videos after searching for PS5 disc spin and things like that and in one of the videos i saw it was from someone who said their PS5 was noisy and so they placed some bubble wrap underneath it and it solved their issue... not sure if that might help you?

That’s an idea. It is literally an issue of vibration because when I touch it it immediately deadens the noise, so I’m confident it’s nothing internal. I’m sure the disc drive spin can be easily turned off, but this more mechanical issue is harder to fix. Still, not a big deal, and I’m sure I’ll look back in a decade with wry amusement and a degree of fondness for these silly issues.

Aside from things that are obvious bugs..

Activity Card Options

- Option to disable completely. Option to disable certain types of cards you never want to see (like OFFICIAL NEWS).. barring that, you should be able to "dismiss" a news item or card that you've already seen.

- Some people have complained that the quick menu doesn't appear right away when they tap the PS button. If this is caused by the system trying to load the cards (I can't imagine any other reason the menu is delayed), maybe they should just be one of the icons in the menu.

- Sony should force all developers to at least have a "Load Most Recent Save" activity card.

- I'm a bit confused about how they decide which cards to show. I wanted to use the cards to get into a specific Astro's Playroom level, but it wasn't showing me the card I wanted, and I couldn't see any way to view more cards.

Themes

- I don't care much about this, but if they're not allowing different backgrounds, they could still have themes with different system music, menu sounds, and icon sets. (All of those were possible on PS4)

Controller

- As a person who never intends to talk to anybody: The mic should've been off by default. The mute button should've lit up when the mic is ON, not when it's OFF. (Thus, it would've been named the Mic button, not the Mute button). Truly a baffling decision.

- Option to customize the default colour of the controller light. I wanted this for the DS4 as well. I don't wanna be blue all the time.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:11 AM, peffsi said:

Controller

- As a person who never intends to talk to anybody: The mic should've been off by default. The mute button should've lit up when the mic is ON, not when it's OFF. (Thus, it would've been named the Mic button, not the Mute button). Truly a baffling decision.

- Option to customize the default colour of the controller light. I wanted this for the DS4 as well. I don't wanna be blue all the time.

Controller, I can't take any more time with the Dualsense. It's a monster and my hands don't like it at all.

• Like 1

On 09/12/2020 at 3:11 PM, peffsi said:

Aside from things that are obvious bugs..

Activity Card Options

- Option to disable completely. Option to disable certain types of cards you never want to see (like OFFICIAL NEWS).. barring that, you should be able to "dismiss" a news item or card that you've already seen.

- Some people have complained that the quick menu doesn't appear right away when they tap the PS button. If this is caused by the system trying to load the cards (I can't imagine any other reason the menu is delayed), maybe they should just be one of the icons in the menu.

- Sony should force all developers to at least have a "Load Most Recent Save" activity card.

- I'm a bit confused about how they decide which cards to show. I wanted to use the cards to get into a specific Astro's Playroom level, but it wasn't showing me the card I wanted, and I couldn't see any way to view more cards.

Themes

- I don't care much about this, but if they're not allowing different backgrounds, they could still have themes with different system music, menu sounds, and icon sets. (All of those were possible on PS4)

Controller

I think all the cards should be available to scroll through, that they aren’t always is baffling. And agree the mic should have been off by default (although the latest update allows that now if you go to settings).

in no order 

- backup to usb

- folders

- backgrounds (even just colors at this point...)

- ssd internal expansion 

- external drive fixes 

- more content on the top bar + able to edit/move around (prob update with folder)

- quick shortcut to power off console or close game (seriously, hold ps button... go to game card... close app?, ps4 had it easier, hold ps button. close/power off

the mute/mic thats been mentioned above is smart. Mute by default. Light ON if mic is ON. truly a weird choice.