Trophy thoughts?

LeoChockersFan20

11 hours ago, ZenaxPure said:

????

Feels like you missed the point I was making with that paragraph man. I was simply talking about how a game hitting PS+ can completely screw up its unlock percentages and how that didn't really happen to Vanquish. Despite being a PS+ game it still has a roughly 1 in 3 clear rate for finishing the game. I brought up Transformers because it is a real example of a game with horribly skewed statistics because of being on PS+.

I didn't miss anything you mentioned. I basically said that for games like Dark Souls Remastered and Marvel's Spider-Man, they have high trophy percentages because a good number of people stuck with them. In Dark Souls case, the vast majority of people already played and finished it on the PS3 and 360 consoles, so coming into the PS4 they already had a very good idea of what to do for that platinum trophy.

Transformers probably had rare trophies before it got placed on PS+. It doesn't mean it's easy, difficult or tedious. I've played enough games on my account to know that some games probably had a lot of people play them for a few minutes to a hour before dropping them and moving on. Mighty No 9 is a game that is generally regarded as shit, and it has a bad history in regards to how it was made. Yet from what I heard it's not all that difficult for something that has a sub 1 percent platinum.

They can go one way or the other.

15 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

nope, the glitch is still available (and always will be, because the platinum has no online trophies, and with the patch deleter method you can revert to a previous version and use the glitch).

What do you mean? They should be fixed in 1.0 version. Game was realesed yesterday on PS4. I dont care aout ps3 version.

8 minutes ago, BossMadMax said:

What do you mean? They should be fixed in 1.0 version. Game was realesed yesterday on PS4. I dont care aout ps3 version.

ehm, panikooos replied about the low difficulty of modern warfare remastered, asserting that it was because of the glitch. You replied and i replied.

BUT.... Only now i noticed the "infinite emp grenades" in your reply xD. Didn't know that there was a glitch in Vanquish too. Oh well, not a problem. The game is easy for me.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, Spaz said:

Transformers probably had rare trophies before it got placed on PS+. It doesn't mean it's easy, difficult or tedious. I've played enough games on my account to know that some games probably had a lot of people play them for a few minutes to a hour before dropping them and moving on.

Oh. I didn't realize you were just purely speculating is the thing, because I was not. I guess that is where the confusion comes from. The PS4 version of the game (which is the only version to ever be on a "free game" service) is the only one where the trophies are so rare, PS3, 360, Xbox one, and Steam all have percentages that you would expect from a game not given away for free. It's pretty obvious PS+ had a major impact on the rarity in this case. Not really up for debate.

4 hours ago, ZenaxPure said:

Oh. I didn't realize you were just purely speculating is the thing, because I was not. I guess that is where the confusion comes from. The PS4 version of the game (which is the only version to ever be on a "free game" service) is the only one where the trophies are so rare, PS3, 360, Xbox one, and Steam all have percentages that you would expect from a game not given away for free. It's pretty obvious PS+ had a major impact on the rarity in this case. Not really up for debate.

It's a well known fact most PS+ games have their rarities drop rather significantly. Bloodborne mostly stayed the same however, not surprising because that is an awesome game and perhaps my favorite PS4 exclusive.

There's no point continuing this conversation any further, so I'll just leave it at this and move on.

This version isn't a cakewalk, but I think the bumped up frame rate might have made the game slightly easier. At the very least, it felt like the machine guns did damage faster, I tanked a couple of hits that normally would have killed me, and some attacks were easier to dodge (Bogey laser). 

Edited by SigmaCloud

7 hours ago, SigmaCloud said:

This version isn't a cakewalk, but I think the bumped up frame rate might have made the game slightly easier. At the very least, it felt like the machine guns did damage faster, I tanked a couple of hits that normally would have killed me, and some attacks were easier to dodge (Bogey laser). 

How would you say the difficulty would be for someone who never played it. I have been wondering if someone who played it on last gen and now the new version would feel about it. 

7 hours ago, SigmaCloud said:

If the bogey laser is easier to dodge that might actually make a huge difference.

21 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

If the bogey laser is easier to dodge that might actually make a huge difference.

I beat the game on hard today and the final battle with the Bogeys was much, much easier than on PS3. As long as you keep rolling during the entire fight, and I mean never stop rolling either sidewards or forwards/backwards depending on the position of the Bogeys you will always dodge their laser, I never got hit once by it just because I kept spamming X to roll so it always dodged in time.

21 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

How would you say the difficulty would be for someone who never played it. I have been wondering if someone who played it on last gen and now the new version would feel about it. 

I don't think I'm gonna say anything that's too different from what others are saying, but the only really challenge in this game, trophy wise, is Tactical Challenger. Even then, it's only really 2/6 of the challenges. At this point, there's so many strategies and guides out there that you should be able to get it done as long as you're willing to keep trying. If I had to give it a difficulty rating, maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10.

22 hours ago, DezuReborn said:

As long as you keep rolling during the entire fight, and I mean never stop rolling either sidewards or forwards/backwards depending on the position of the Bogeys you will always dodge their laser, I never got hit once by it just because I kept spamming X to roll so it always dodged in time.

It's always been like that, that's the strategy all over the PS3 guides/video walkthroughs/forums posts. Roll, roll, roll and roll some more. Heck, I wrote a guide somewhere (I think one of those sites that closed down ages ago lol) and it was much of the same for bogey enounters, think I embedded a video of Limp Bizkit for a cringy attempt at 'comedy'.

Also, just kinda revisiting this to point at the rarity % already, coming close to coming out of Ultra Rare territory, for those who think the rarity of PS3 plat had nothing to do with PS+ inflation and that us who say it isn't that difficult were talking out of our asses xD

Hopefully now people are less put off by the game, know it's totally achievable, and buy/enjoy this awesome game! (And if it gets enough attention maybe it'll prompt talk about a much deserved sequel lol).

I just don't want people missing out because they're expecting it to be too hard for them when it isn't. 

2 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Also, just kinda revisiting this to point at the rarity % already, coming close to coming out of Ultra Rare territory, for those who think the rarity of PS3 plat had nothing to do with PS+ inflation and that us who say it isn't that difficult were talking out of our asses.

The game is almost 10 years old and many people are replaying it so inevitably the rarity will be higher.

The fact that it is still ultra rare is actually a pretty good indicator that it is not as easy as you're trying to make out.

On 29/02/2020 at 1:44 AM, Angus1343 said:

The fact that it is still ultra rare is actually a pretty good indicator that it is not as easy as you're trying to make out.

It's still new, it's been trending out of ultra rare status over time, not everyone binges platinums out all day on release day, it was like 1% last time I looked, its now 4x what it was and still moving.

I've seen games that are sitting at like 40-50% that started out ultra rare in the release window.

I don't know why people are so insistent on scaring people away from good games, is it some kind of elitist ego? Do people want to pretend it's too hard for everyone else so they look special having the plat themselves? This game deserves the attention and is nothing to be afraid of.

EDIT: It's no longer ultra rare, so, what were you saying again...? ?

Edited by JohnCenaSong-
  • Like 3