Trophy thoughts?

LeoChockersFan20

5 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Are you joking? That's probably the easiest wave of challenge 6, if you make it to the double bogeys you're practically guaranteed success unless you're the type to either get too nervous or overconfident at the end of something, but it's not very long anyway (I think it took about 9 minutes on my first try) so it shouldn't take long even if you screw up once or twice. 

The wave with the single bogey gives you less room to move and make mistakes since you're likely having to make use of the limited cover (though believe it or not cigarettes come in handy here) but by the time you reach the the double bogey you can just roll around freely stopping just long enough to pop off a shot (laser is good here) and roll again. You can make use of the whole space and just roll roll roll.

The first wave and the last were definitely the easiest I'd say.

-

Also, for those saying this game is hard and like a 7/8/9 out of 10 for difficulty, you're going to be in for a shock when you actually play it these days xD it really doesn't hold up as difficult at all, as I said before its a fairly easy plat but a really good game. Main reason the PS3 one is 'Ultra Rare' is likely because it was on PS+ (that's how I first got the game, I redeemed a trial back then) and nothing more.

Let's not try to say that the last wave of Challenge 6 is "easy", because for most people they typically spend 10 - 12 minutes beating the first four waves before the rolling robots and two bogeys show up.

Unless you're some gaming god like those Japanese speedrunners or you've had a lot of prior experience, you're going to die a LOT on Challenge 6. I don't care what others say. Every time I died I learned where I made a mistake, and eventually I was able to beat it.

Vanquish is at least a 7 out of 10. Street Fighter IV in comparison is still one of the most difficult platinums from the early days of trophies, Vanquish doesn't come anywhere close to Street Fighter.

To be frank with you, difficulty is subjective. I can list a bunch of games I thought were fairly easy that others felt were difficult. Doesn't matter much because everybody is different and has different levels of gaming skill.

5 hours ago, Vergil said:

People being overdramatic. Challenge 6 isn't so bad. 

Only because things like Super Meat Boy and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus that came much later are considerably more difficult. I take it you played a lot of Challenge 6 in the past.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Street Fighter IV in comparison is still one of the most difficult platinums from the early days of trophies,

Street Fighter isn't even difficult. It's just people being too lazy to learn the game.

Once you learn the game mechanics the trials are just a matter of trial (lol) and error. It's not rocket-science at all.

There are just sooooo many people who approach the game in a wrong way. My favorites are the ones who fail at a trial and don't even ask themselves way and assume those are just super difficult and the other ones are those who get an arcade stick and expect to become godlike combo trial master immediately by plugging it in.

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon
typos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Street Fighter isn't even difficult. It's just people being too lazy to learn the game.

Once you learn the game mechanics the trials are just a matter of trial (lol) and error. It's not rocket-science at all.

There are just sooooo many people who approach the game in a wrong way. My favorites are the ones who fail at a trial and don't even ask themselves way and assume those are just super difficult and the other ones are those who get an arcade stick and expect to become godlike combo trial master immediately by plugging it in.

Pulling off those moves with 1/60th of a second according to Sergen's trophy guide? Madness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Pulling off those moves with 1/60th of a second according to Sergen's trophy guide? Madness.

It's called muscle memory. And guess what, it is even possible without pausing each frame like I read in of the guides xD

And there isn't like a crazy number of trials with 1-frame links in street fighter. On average like 1 or 2 per character.

After doing the trials like 20 times already (just a guess, didn't count) you get used to it and becomes easier with each time. Another thing which actually helped me getting better with tight links was maining Ibuki in SF4 era, she has a lot of tight links in her BnBs so yeah, just a matter of practice.

There are other fighting games which have waaaay harder combo trials than SF4 with stupid inputs and weird timings during juggles. As an example: if King of Fighter 13 asked you to do every single one of the trials, not many people would have the plat. Check the madness that are Ash Crimson's trials in that game (especially the 8th one lol). It requires a super long combo, charge-partitioning perfection and timing out of hell.

• Like 1

Vanquish is max a 5/10. The first round is easy (the crimson viper is a joke), 2nd is easy, 3rd one (with the Romanovs) is a walk in the park if you decapitate them (when you decapitate them, they will no longer target you and they will eventually die by themselves of critical damage). The 4th round is the only hard one because of shotgunners, the spider ball droids and the turrets. For the bogeys, dash + RPG to insta kill the first one. After that, it's a matter of countering and use your preferred weapon to kill the other one (i've used the laser weapon and then the HMG, while always in bullet time).

Heck, the 4th challenge is actually more difficult because of the enemy that seems a disco ball (that can impale you and kill you in mere secs) and the final part, where there are the Crimson Viper + 4 Romanovs in a tiny space.

And one thing that NOBODY brought up ever is that the REAL CHALLENGE of Vanquish is the Legendary Difficulty. Try that (like i did) and then come back here talking about the sixth challenge is so hard.

Edited by APCGrayLocked

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

. I take it you played a lot of Challenge 6 in the past.

I just practiced enough to beat it. Nothing more. And its hard just cause of challenge 6 nothing else really. You only have to beat it once. There are tons of tips and videos to help you out. Its just people are little lazy to put the time in to and learn it actually. 

26 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

It's called muscle memory. And guess what, it is even possible without pausing each frame like I read in of the guides xD

And there isn't like a crazy number of trials with 1-frame links in street fighter. On average like 1 or 2 per character.

After doing the trials like 20 times already (just a guess, didn't count) you get used to it and becomes easier with each time. Another thing which actually helped me getting better with tight links was maining Ibuki in SF4 era, she has a lot of tight links in her BnBs so yeah, just a matter of practice.

There are other fighting games which have waaaay harder combo trials than SF4 with stupid inputs and weird timings during juggles. As an example: if King of Fighter 13 asked you to do every single one of the trials, not many people would have the plat. Check the madness that are Ash Crimson's trials in that game (especially the 8th one lol). It requires a super long combo, charge-partitioning perfection and timing out of hell.

We already know muscle memory because we both did Super Meat Boy.

I guess what I was trying to say really is Street Fighter is probably the most difficult of the mainstream fighting franchises. Tekken is literally piss easy, Tekken 7 is probably the easiest mainstream fighting game to come out in recent memory. Mortal Kombat is the middle of the road franchise, not particularly difficult but grindy.

26 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

And one thing that NOBODY brought up ever is that the REAL CHALLENGE of Vanquish is the Legendary Difficulty. Try that (like i did) and then come back here talking about the sixth challenge is so hard.

It's not required for the platinum, and most people skipped it entirely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Oh boy, here come the "Challenge 6 isn't even that hard" people. That shit nearly killed me 8 years ago.

This is the thing I find, a lot of y'all are loosely remembering how you felt about this from almost a whole decade ago.

Trust me, I'm not saying this game is easy to be one of those 'hurr durr this game is easy peasy you suck and me good hurr durr', I'm actually trying to encourage people to play an awesome game and not to be discouraged because once y'all actually give this a go today then you'll see and realise it wasn't anywhere near as hard as your mind is telling you it was.

Take Mile High Club from CoD4 as another example of remembering reputations wrongly, when MW Remastered came out people noticed it was nowhere near as hard as they remembered it being despite being pretty much scared of (and complaing about) the trophy when the list first showed up. Thats a game people referred to as having the hardest achievement of all time (there's still crummy top 10 youtube videos that lazily shove it in) but it is generally considered by most like a 4/10 today.

Y'know what, maybe some of you MIGHT still struggle, we're all different and yes difficulty is subjective, but I think you're all going to be in for a shock one you boot it up and give it a crack.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

So it's not hard because muscle memory and practice? Is this like a troll? Or a joke? Am I missing something here?

Edited by lilpain97
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

I played this game for the first time a few weeks ago and it's nowhere near being relatively easy or just being hard because it's old. First time players don't fall for all the crap in this thread.

Pretty much. It doesn't matter if it's not the hardest trophy of all time or whatever but people shouldn't pretend it's a walk in the park. It's still a harder plat than like 95% of other games out there. That said it's the good kind of hard, all skill based and very predictable you just have to learn the mechanics of the game and keep practicing until you have it down. Was one of my favorite platinums to get. 

Also the idea that the plat is only rare because it was a PS+ game is kind of silly if you actually look at the stats of the game. The trophy for beating the story on any difficulty has a 31% unlock rate on PSN (40% on this site specifically), completing the game on hard mode is 5%! Those numbers are surprisingly high for a game that was on PS+. Lots of examples of games with far more skewed stats, stuff like Transformers Devastation only has a 10% unlock rate for beating the game despite being incredibly short and easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZenaxPure said:

Also the idea that the plat is only rare because it was a PS+ game is kind of silly if you actually look at the stats of the game. The trophy for beating the story on any difficulty has a 31% unlock rate on PSN (40% on this site specifically), completing the game on hard mode is 5%! Those numbers are surprisingly high for a game that was on PS+. Lots of examples of games with far more skewed stats, stuff like Transformers Devastation only has a 10% unlock rate for beating the game despite being incredibly short and easy.

I said it many times before on these forums in the past, but you just need to look at Bloodborne and Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Bloodborne has an extremely high platinum rarity on PSN, but the game itself is at times tough. A newcomer may struggle with some of the bosses. The Defiled Watchdog in the Chalice Dungeons was a bit tough. The last boss in the DLC The Old Hunters took a lot of practice and patience.

Dust: An Elysian Tail on the other hand, pretty obscure for those who aren't really into indie games. I don't think it's any more than a 3 - 4 out of 10 in difficulty, yet a lot of the trophies are rare and the platinum itself is very rare here on PSNProfiles. I've played games with higher rarities that I felt were a lot more difficult than Dust, so trophy rarity doesn't necessarily mean it's difficult.

There are games that are rather easy with very low percentages compared to something like Marvel's Spider-Man. That game is easy, no question about it, but that is definitely a game that has extremely high trophy rarities, it was for quite a while a 50 - 55 percent platinum which is staggering considering it will likely take you 25 - 30+ hours to get all the trophies in the base game.

The Dark Souls games are difficult for many but all have high trophy percentages for a lot of the trophies because that franchise has a hardcore and dedicated fanbase. Something like Transformers: Devastation that only a few people really tried out while the rest gave up on it doesn't mean in any sense that it's difficult.

Dead Space 2 was a more difficult platinum for me than virtually any other platinum I have that is very rare in rarity. You can't always look at the numbers.

9 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Take Mile High Club from CoD4 as another example of remembering reputations wrongly, when MW Remastered came out people noticed it was nowhere near as hard as they remembered it being despite being pretty much scared of (and complaing about) the trophy when the list first showed up. Thats a game people referred to as having the hardest achievement of all time (there's still crummy top 10 youtube videos that lazily shove it in) but it is generally considered by most like a 4/10 today.

It's considered a 4/10 because everyone just used the Difficulty Switch glitch instead of doing it legit

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

It's considered a 4/10 because everyone just used the Difficulty Switch glitch instead of doing it legit

I guess for some (I really doubt everyone did it that way though). But even without a glitch I find that specific task never really ever gets mentioned as difficult these days, only when referring to the old reputation of the achievement on X360.

Though I guess it's also probably because we've become normalised to shooters like that over the years, when it came out it was rather different. I guess CoD4 wasn't the best comparison overall xD

I'll be honest I didn't know there was even a glitch so my bad for that. Why do people always find a way to cheat lol. I'm always so damn ignorant to knowing of these glitches, they just seem to pop up out of nowhere.

• Like 1

Coming from someone who didn't actually do it before and then did it twice in a week, I don't think it deserves the level of reputation it has. On my old account I only did no deaths on hard then didn't actually finish any of the rest of the plat. There's good and relatively safe strats for basically all waves of TC, the only sketchy parts in my opinion is right at the start of 6-4 where you have tons of stuff spawned in, and duration of 6-5 just because you can basically get boned by Bogey RNG, which was really the only thing that happened the two times I failed it on both systems when I actually reached wave 5. Otherwise Waves 1 - 3 have very safe ways to do them, and all other challenges are about as hard as doing Hard difficulty since you don't actually die as fast as you do in campaign on hard. People shouldn't be turned off by it, check out some videos of safe strats and I'm sure most people who can manage the game on Hard can do TCs as long as they aren't just trying them all blind then giving up extremely quick.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

The Dark Souls games are difficult for many but all have high trophy percentages for a lot of the trophies because that franchise has a hardcore and dedicated fanbase. Something like Transformers: Devastation that only a few people really tried out while the rest gave up on it doesn't mean in any sense that it's difficult.

????

Feels like you missed the point I was making with that paragraph man. I was simply talking about how a game hitting PS+ can completely screw up its unlock percentages and how that didn't really happen to Vanquish. Despite being a PS+ game it still has a roughly 1 in 3 clear rate for finishing the game. I brought up Transformers because it is a real example of a game with horribly skewed statistics because of being on PS+.

6 hours ago, BossMadMax said:

What the hell it is?

I hope this and infinite emp grenades are fixed or else this plat worth nothing.

nope, the glitch is still available (and always will be, because the platinum has no online trophies, and with the patch deleter method you can revert to a previous version and use the glitch).