List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

Just like to add a correction for Yakuza 3

Yakuza 3 Remastered (PS4) - Removed substories involving a cross-dressing man, changed some symbols that resembled the "rising sun" flag, cut out minigame

Source: One Angry Gamer | Censored Gaming

Region: Worldwide

Uncensored Alternative: Japanese PS3 version

As far as my memory goes, the Uncensored Alternative for the Cross dressing man is also in the western PS3 version as well, not just the Japanese version. I do remember playing both the Japanese and English versions and those sub quests being in. it is just censored on the PS4 version.

Oh I just searched for the missions on youtube and they came up, so pretty sure it's only the PS4 version they have been cut from and they are in all PS3 versions.

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Yakuza 3 Remastered (PS4) - Removed substories involving a cross-dressing man, changed some symbols that resembled the "rising sun" flag, cut out minigame

As far as my memory goes, the Uncensored Alternative for the Cross dressing man is also in the western PS3 version as well, not just the Japanese version. I do remember playing both the Japanese and English versions and those sub quests being in. it is just censored on the PS4 version.

Oh I just searched for the missions on youtube and they came up, so pretty sure it's only the PS4 version they have been cut from and they are in all PS3 versions.

Thing is, while the western ps3 version had the Michiru subquests, there was still a lot of content cut. IIRC, almost all regarding the hostesses and some quiz hard to solve even for japanese players, mostly.

In the ps4 version, no matter the region, they add that lost content in the west... but removed the Michiru part.

Frankly, I'd rather have the Michiru content because it was hilarious, and the hostess conversations are quite bland. But I can understand they want to play safe, with the PC police monitoring everything nowadays.

TLDR: japanese ps3 version is the complete version.

• Like 1

@HuntingFever Added that to the list. ?

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

@Ekir already did a good job explaining this, but I'll just reiterate what they said. You're correct that the Michiru substories were in the western PS3 version of the game, and I believe that version had the original symbols too such as the one that resembles the rising sun flag. However, it didn't feel right to include that version in the "Uncensored Alternative" section, because in many ways, it is far more censored than the remaster. It has a ton of cut content that was in the Japanese PS3 version.

Hi yep, sorry about the confusion there. Yes the hostess and some mini games are cut on PS3 western release, what is cut and not cut varies on both PS3 and PS4 releases. I was just pointing out that the cross dressing scenes were in the western version.

Yakuza 3 in general is a pretty crazy game, there are 2 PS3 versions as I own them both, the re-release is practically identical other than being the "The Best" version, the trophies are different though. Back in 2010, I originally borrowed the game off a friend, loved the game and then decided I wanted it myself and when I bought it, none of my save data worked and a whole new trophy set got installed. So then I had to also buy the original release to try and get the other trophies I was missing (which I failed in the end due to Mini game master) The Answer X Answer questions were really hard, even my then Japanese girlfriend and me worked together and could not win. Even when you're fluent in Japanese partner struggles, that's when you realise you ain't ever getting that platinum.

There are some pretty weird, "Foreigner getting lost in Japan and Kiryu trying to give them advice in broken English" sub quests that were cut which I guess had to be removed due to contextually being impossible to translate since everyone is already speaking in English.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/705-龍が如く3-playstation3-the-best

Also, even the PS4 version of Yakuza 3 is censored in places in the Japanese release, most notably being the box art where Kiryu is no longer smoking a cigarette.

Edited by enaysoft

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up. The new Fairly Tail game that just released had a day one patch which covers up all panty shots in the game with a mysterious black void. This appears to affect all platforms and regions. I've added it to the list.

https://nichegamer.com/2020/08/01/fairy-tail-panty-shots-censored-on-all-platforms-after-day-1-update/

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2020/08/01/fairy-tail-rpg-dlc-costume-pantsu-covered-up-on-both-nintendo-switch-ps4/

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Just a heads up. The new Fairly Tail game that just released had a day one patch which covers up all panty shots in the game with a mysterious black void. This appears to affect all platforms and regions. I've added it to the list.

https://nichegamer.com/2020/08/01/fairy-tail-panty-shots-censored-on-all-platforms-after-day-1-update/

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2020/08/01/fairy-tail-rpg-dlc-costume-pantsu-covered-up-on-both-nintendo-switch-ps4/

If I ever do get this game, then it will have to be when it's deep in the bargain bin because I refuse to pay full price for censored material. I was really looking forward to this game but censorship makes it a very hard sell :(.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

And i already bought the game. How lame

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Please remove Serious Sam 4 from the list, it was confirmed months ago that the censored boobs were from an earlier build. Latest trailer shows uncensored boobs.

Do you have a source for this confirmation? I tried looking it up, but could only find old articles talking about how the harpy was covered up. 

I assume this is the latest trailer you're talking about?

You can see the harpy for a couple of seconds, but it's hard to make out any detail.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 6:02 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Do you have a source for this confirmation? I tried looking it up, but could only find old articles talking about how the harpy was covered up. 

I assume this is the latest trailer you're talking about?

You can see the harpy for a couple of seconds, but it's hard to make out any detail.

https://imgur.com/a/Nd9ls9Z

Oh and by the way, it's the other way around. All previous games, except for Serious Sam 3, did NOT have exposed nipples. This controversy is totally retarded.

Edited by Lance_87

31 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

https://imgur.com/a/Nd9ls9Z

Oh and by the way, it's the other way around. All previous games, except for Serious Sam 3, did NOT have exposed nipples. This controversy is totally retarded.

It would have helped if the devs had gone public with that info the moment the censorship reports first surfaced and squashed them there and then, instead of letting them spread.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 5:05 PM, HuntingFever said:

It would have helped if the devs had gone public with that info the moment the censorship reports first surfaced and squashed them there and then, instead of letting them spread.

Ok, NOW you can seriously remove it from the list.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/37183/Serious+Sam+4/

"Partial Nudity"

"During the course of the game, harpy-like enemies are depicted topless and with exposed buttocks."

Case closed.

EDIT: nevermind, it was already removed lol.

Edited by Lance_87

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Phantasy Star Online 2 has been heavily censored/altered for its Western release :(:

This doesn't have a western release on Vita or PS4 yet does it? Just PC and Xbox One I believe. In that case, it doesn't make much sense to put it on the list right now considering the only versions of the game on PlayStation hardware are uncensored. I will keep this in mind though if/when they give us a western release on PS4.

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

This doesn't have a western release on Vita or PS4 yet does it? Just PC and Xbox One I believe. In that case, it doesn't make much sense to put it on the list right now considering the only versions of the game on PlayStation hardware are uncensored. I will keep this in mind though if/when they give us a western release on PS4.

I've just looked into it and a US PS4 version is coming out but the devs haven't given a release date just yet. I could have sworn it was due this month but I must have confused it with the PC/XB1 version ?.

• Like 1

It has been brought to my attention that the new Marvel's Avengers game has redesigned Ms. Marvel's Warbird outfit to include shorts and is less revealing than the original design. 

I don't know anything about this franchise, I'm just going off the information I've read. If any Marvel fan wants to make a case for why this shouldn't be on the list, then feel free to do so.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like some changes were made to the dialogue during the localization of 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim. I was made aware of this Reddit post, and while I don't think the age rating change is anything to be concerned about, somebody posted a link in the comments that claims to show the differences between the Japanese and English text. 

https://imgur.com/a/CCSTWZ0
bnwcmzD.jpg
KP1X3ae.jpg

In the first comparison, some liberties were taken with the inclusion of the whole "binary" thing. In the second comparison, the meaning on the bottom line was quite clearly changed. So instead of this cross dressing guy making it clear he wouldn't be interested in guys in the Japanese version, in the localised version, it's made to be more open-ended instead. Seems like it should be on the list assuming this is true, so I've gone ahead and done so, at least until proven false.

1 hour ago, fenrir54565 said:

atelier ryza 2 might be censored on playstation they censored it on the playstation youtube channel add a cloud to image

As was pointed out by @Suminya in this thread, the mysterious dust cloud that appears in the trailer posted on Koei Tecmo's North American channel and the official PlayStation channel also covers the UI, so it's unlikely this will appear in the game itself, at least in this form. The EU and JP version of the trailer isn't censored. If I had to guess, I would say PlayStation objected to the content of the trailer and got Koei Tecmo to hastily edit it before they would post it on their channel. This is definitely worth keeping an eye on though because I could see PlayStation taking things further and getting Koei Tecmo to make changes to the game itself.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

So it looks like the the Harpies in Serious Sam 4 were censored after all, they just have a slightly different design than originally thought. The developer seemingly lied about the content of the final game, so it's back on the list.

https://www.thegeekgetaway.com/2020/09/serious-sam-4-censored.html

I'm sure you'll want to chime in on this one @Lance_87. Thoughts?

• Like 2