List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

i know that everyone is talking about RE4 remake and stuff. but um anyone remember Homefront on the PS3 from 2011, it got censored in Japan, with North korea being changed to "A certain country from the north" and a picture of kim jong-ill was removed, nothing else was changed

Source: https://www.digitalspy.com/videogames/a302283/homefront-censored-in-japan/

oh and this link may provide some games (and arguments): https://censorship.fandom.com/wiki/Censored_video_games

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I guess that's something then xD

Yeah

The developer just played it safe for all platforms and regions with succubus because they offer a free adults only patch

Doesn't work for consoles of course which is kinda ridicilous at least in europe because the game is already rated 18 and their previous game had at least uncensored nudity

Conan exiles is also uncensored in europe in contrast to the US version

I don't know why the adults only free patch/dlc should cause trouble in europe unless it's sonys division there having an issue

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ASMODAIOS344 said:

For real 1f602.png i don't like to repeat myself but from the moment that SIE moved its headquarters to USA the PlayStation platform have more censored content than even the family friendly Nintendo 1f602.png .

I think i must sent some books in my library that are the uncensored versions to a museum for preservation or even protection 1f605.png

Wait for Switch being the first console allowing AO rated games

• Like 4

On 4/4/2023 at 0:06 AM, Dark_Overlord said:

Wouldn't that be the PS2?  Hot Coffee mod for GTA got the rating changed to AO xD

I make a quick search because i didn't remember and turns out that was a tempolar rating. I found the wikipedia article with the games that have receive a AO rating from ESRB, the list is smaller that i expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AO-rated_video_games

I tried to find if PEGI has a similar rating but no, 18 legal age is the highest.

• Like 1

On 3.4.2023 at 11:06 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

Wouldn't that be the PS2?  Hot Coffee mod for GTA got the rating changed to AO xD

The game was actually re-rated AO after it launched when the ESRB heard of the hot coffee stuff

So R* had to edit it and all retail copies were deshelved by walmart, best buy etc.

4 hours ago, ASMODAIOS344 said:

I make a quick search because i didn't remember and turns out that was a tempolar rating. I found the wikipedia article with the games that have receive a AO rating from ESRB, the list is smaller that i expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AO-rated_video_games

I tried to find if PEGI has a similar rating but no, 18 legal age is the highest.

Thats why pegi is the best 

The 18 rating is not really a controversial rating

Even Batman arkham knight and middle earth shadow of mordor were rated 18

In theory EU regions could have all games uncensored unlike the US

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 7:36 AM, SeniorRicketts said:

Looks like Madmind studios will remove the pixelation on ps4/5 

Probably no adults only patch tho

https://twitter.com/World_of_Agony/status/1643231438278361089?s=20

Good luck with that, possible characters will be fully clothing? or big cencsoring bars for the safety of our eyes

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I hear worse language in daytime soaps and the lame dramas in the 6pm slot on TV so why is language this tame considered to be worthy of an M rating?

just came to post this.

Seriously... ASSES is too much? I swear endlessly and honestly if everything gets censored this stupidly, i know exactly who I am placing blame on. But I'll keep that to myself. 

They even changed "Now you've pissed me off" .... so, yeah. Twitter says enough for what's wrong with this. How is that bad language? Hopefully this is just a fault for not adding "mild language" to the back of the box, and not the future of what's to come. Blanc swears all the time! Now what?

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, DrZero_1983 said:

Am I still in time to buy Nep SvS and download the game on PS4 and then disable the automatic updates to avoid this dialogue censorship?

I've read that in the US the patch is already there while in EU it will arrive soon (i'm in EU)

There are methods to get the unpatched version regardless :)  Just check the forums for 1.00 digital games

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DrZero_1983 said:

Am I still in time to buy Nep SvS and download the game on PS4 and then disable the automatic updates to avoid this dialogue censorship?

I've read that in the US the patch is already there while in EU it will arrive soon (i'm in EU)

if you have disc, you'll be fine.

• Like 1