Horizon Zero Dawn Confirmed for PC release this summer.

snakebit10

10 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I can't play some of my favourite games this gen like God of War, Bloodborne and Persona 5 on PC. I purchased a PS4  for the exclusives, so that is my sole reason to own an PS4 over a PC even though I have enough money for a decent PC. If I was only playing multiplatform games then of course I would go with PC no contest.

I understand that, but I don't see any reason to complain about games being ported to pc. If you own a pc then great, you have the chance to play a potentially improved version of a game you like. If you don't, it won't change anything it's not like sony is stealing your game. 

On 3/10/2020 at 5:53 PM, Dreakon13 said:

One, "decent PC's" likely won't play proper PS5 releases/ports well.  I'm kinda doubting "decent PCs" are even playing proper PS4 releases/ports now.  At least, in any way that actually warrants it over the console itself.  If you bought or built a legit gaming PC that'll last you two console generations AND the consoles, by all means pick one and go with it, you silly goose.

Two, Microsoft has incentive to bring its catalog to PC because its one less Xbox bought but one more Windows PC used.  Connecting their two ecosystems makes sense.  Sony has no such incentive.  Whatever waters they're testing here will likely not change much down the road, and if it does it's because the response to it was positive (either sales, or good PR, or both).  If you want to wait 3, 5, 7, 10 years after a PS5 games release to see if any of them eventually come to PC so you can see if it runs on your "decent PC"... and you think that's to your advantage... well, bless your sweet little heart.

Three, you're kinda committed to the sky is falling approach here so I'm not going to waste my time explaining why giving more people the chance to play great games could lead to good PR.  The only nightmare right now is in your head.

there's such a huge amount of catastrophising in this thread you'd think SONY just sold all of its IPs to Atari and shuttered 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

I understand that, but I don't see any reason to complain about games being ported to pc. If you own a pc then great, you have the chance to play a potentially improved version of a game you like. If you don't, it won't change anything it's not like sony is stealing your game. 

When did I complain about PS exclusives going to PC? I just said I have no reason to buy a PS console if their exclusives are going to PC. 

8 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

Seems like not needing a Xbox hurt Xbox sales and the overall qualify of games they made this generation. So maybe it isn't a good business move if your hardware and software sales are tired together. Maybe some people don't want games to worsen and development be spread out.
Fewer exclusives means fewer reasons for people only interested in exclusives to buy the console and then possible get other games/services. 

If you only see Sony as a game publisher then putting games on all platforms make sense. However, Sony makes hardware and runs a store to sell 1st and 3rd party games. 

A person saying they will go PC isn't a good thing on site for a console platform like Playstation. 

Who said any expects change just from not liking something? All I can do is type my opinion here. However, my opinon will affect how my money is spent. Of the two, that certainly matters to Sony.

If you don't see a reason to complain about that move then why are you complaining about people that think otherwise? 

• Like 1

Just now, ObliviousSenpai said:

When did I complain about PS exclusives going to PC? I just said I have no reason to buy a PS console if their exclusives are going to PC. 

Not necessarily you, about half of the people commenting on this thread. I guess I misunderstood your comment there, it looked to me like you do have an issue with this. If not I'm sorry.

Its Kojima's fault, Death Stranding and HZD are somehow connected via easter eggs such as the stranded items, watcher and tallneck holo etc.

Death Stranding was such a disappointing mindfucking garbage flop and I'm not surprised people are not talking about it anymore.

More or less, all guerilla games in the future are going to be on both Playstation and PC.

Exclusives is what makes PS great and the fact that Sony is throwing one of their trump card into the fire is just ridiculous af. I might as well ditched my PS and use my PC more.

Edited by kerck11

8 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Seems like not needing a Xbox hurt Xbox sales and the overall qualify of games they made this generation. So maybe it isn't a good business move if your hardware and software sales are tired together. Maybe some people don't want games to worsen and development be spread out.
Fewer exclusives means fewer reasons for people only interested in exclusives to buy the console and then possible get other games/services. 

If you only see Sony as a game publisher then putting games on all platforms make sense. However, Sony makes hardware and runs a store to sell 1st and 3rd party games. 

A person saying they will go PC isn't a good thing on site for a console platform like Playstation. 

Who said any expects change just from not liking something? All I can do is type my opinion here. However, my opinon will affect how my money is spent. Of the two, that certainly matters to Sony.

If you don't see a reason to complain about that move then why are you complaining about people that think otherwise? 

A games quality has nothing to do with the platform it's on. Shitty games are made by shitty publishers/developers. Just compare CD Project with EA and you see what I mean. Secondly, most people will stick to PlayStation regardless which Sony definitely is aware off. Not just because pc gaming is expensive as fuck but also because these people are just used to it. You people act like sony goes bankrupt for releasing a few games on pc and that's my issue. 

Edited by xDerErnst

11 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

Not necessarily you, about half of the people commenting on this thread. I guess I misunderstood your comment there, it looked to me like you do have an issue with this. If not I'm sorry.

It's fine, I figured you misunderstood my post. Yes I did notice there are others angry about this and I don't know why. Even if they're no longer exclusive they'll be timed and you can just buy a PC instead of a PS5. I guess for some people they're just too loyal to the brand. 

I think the perspective I have is ‘who are SONY’s competitors’.  If you’re looking to have a SONY exclusive at (realistically) the best specs possible, you’ll get a PS5 (Horizon will be up-res’d and a coat of 60fps paint).  You can pay over 1k for that experience with a pc; is that really competition for them, or just a side source of revenue?  I will have the best gaming experience with the best games around at the launch of those games, with the PS5.  

SONY exclusives going to PC years later after initial release on (mostly) less capable PC’s than it’s gaming console counterpart?  ‘Let them eat cake’, I say...?

1 minute ago, xDerErnst said:

A games quality has nothing to do with the platform it's on. Shitty games are made by shitty publishers/developers. Just compare CD Project with EA and you see what I mean. Secondly, most people will stick to PlayStation regardless which Sony definitely is aware off. Not just because pc gaming is expensive as fuck but also because these people are just used to it. You people act like sony goes bankrupt for releasing a few games on pc and that's my issue. 

A game's quality can be affected by developmental focus. PlayStation games have been overall excellent in quality and attempt to fully utilize their controller features. MLB the Show will take less advantage of PlayStation features when it starts being made for all platforms.

Does "most" people staying on Playstation a good thing? In other words you think it is acceptable for Sony to shed a few million people so long as "most" others stay. Worked great for Xbox this gen.A diehard count of 40-50 million while PS4 is over 100 mill and Switch surpassed Xbox in 3 years. Pulling a majority card doesn't work here. You don't win because you think "most" people agree with you.This is not a vote. 

I didn't say bankrupt. You're making up simply claims to win, again. I said it isn't a smart business move. Removing exclusives and opening the door of doubt to consumers is not a way to earn or keep trust.  Selling games on PC is lower revenue than selling games on their own store. The current leadership at Playstation are very vague and unclear with their messaging. My wallet isn't confident in what Jim Ryan and Herman Hulst say about their PC support. 

PC gaming wouldn't be extra for me. I already play on PC. Using it right now as a matter of fact. Leaving Sony would save me money.

What controller features are we talking about here? Shaking the controller to stop a flashlight flickering? Using the touchpad to open a minimap? Shaking to beat some qte's? Lol. The only ps game that took advantage of the controller imo was alien isolation. Which isn't even a fucking exclusive. I never blamed you for saying bankrupt, many more people in this thread are whining about sony ruining themselves and the PlayStation which isn't fucking true. If you think otherwise go ahead but remember that you guys are pulling a problem out of your asses to complain. Of course PlayStation would sell less but not to the point that it ruins their entire business model smh. And if you think you would save money by not buying sony products then don't do it. Simple.

13 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

A game's quality can be affected by developmental focus. PlayStation games have been overall excellent in quality and attempt to fully utilize their controller features. MLB the Show will take less advantage of PlayStation features when it starts being made for all platforms.

Does "most" people staying on Playstation a good thing? In other words you think it is acceptable for Sony to shed a few million people so long as "most" others stay. Worked great for Xbox this gen.A diehard count of 40-50 million while PS4 is over 100 mill and Switch surpassed Xbox in 3 years. Pulling a majority card doesn't work here. You don't win because you think "most" people agree with you.This is not a vote. 

I didn't say bankrupt. You're making up simply claims to win, again. I said it isn't a smart business move. Removing exclusives and opening the door of doubt to consumers is not a way to earn or keep trust.  Selling games on PC is lower revenue than selling games on their own store. The current leadership at Playstation are very vague and unclear with their messaging. My wallet isn't confident in what Jim Ryan and Herman Hulst say about their PC support. 

PC gaming wouldn't be extra for me. I already play on PC. Using it right now as a matter of fact. Leaving Sony would save me money.

Forgot to quote lol

I actually agree with TJ this time around. It's not a question of  being jealous of pc players, but why the hell am I buying a playstation? To pay more cash in order to play online? Or to buy digital games at an higher price than Steam sales? What does remain after we remove exclusives, outside trophies, which few people care about. How the hell am I supposed to react if, say, GT Sport or Godfall also come to pc while  I need to pay to play them online? What the fuck is this customer service? You want  to sell "exclusives" to pc? Fine, but  actually make things better for your customer base too.

Of course PlayStation would sell less but not to the point that it ruins their entire business model smh

Are you just reading half of what I say and then making up the rest? 

And if you think you would save money by not buying sony products then don't do it. Simple.

I said it. I don't require you repeating what I said to prove it.

I never blamed you for saying bankrupt, many more people in this thread are whining about sony ruining themselves and the PlayStation which isn't fucking true

Then quote and reply to them directly. 

Edited by TJ_Solo

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I actually agree with TJ this time around. It's not a question of  being jealous of pc players, but why the hell am I buying a playstation? To pay more cash in order to play online? Or to buy digital games at an higher price than Steam sales? What does remain after we remove exclusives, outside trophies, which few people care about. How the hell am I supposed to react if, say, GT Sport or Godfall also come to pc while  I need to pay to play them online? What the fuck is this customer service? You want  to sell "exclusives" to pc? Fine, but  actually make things better for your customer base too.

I bought a Playstation and play console over PC because the hardware itself is consistently cheaper, it comes with a guarantee that it can reasonably play a generation worth of games with minimal troubleshooting, it's designed with television and controller use in mind, and I like to collect physical copies of games.

Pick the platform that makes the most sense for you.  If you don't know why you're buying a Playstation... then don't buy it?

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I bought a Playstation and play console over PC because the hardware itself is consistently cheaper, it comes with a guarantee that it can reasonably play a generation worth of games with minimal troubleshooting, it's designed with television and controller use in mind, and I like to collect physical copies of games.

Pick the platform that makes the most sense for you.  If you don't know why you're buying a Playstation... then don't buy it?

Yeah no.

You might pay more for a pc if you don't know where to buy it, and even if you do, in the long run you'll spend more for the  additional purchases I mentioned above.  Minimal trouble is highly subjective, I'm lagging everytime I'm opening SWBF2,  God of War and many other games, not to mention all the noises the fan does, and, while it's okay to collect physical, digital is trailing as the years go by, not to mention, it gives people an advantage  in situations  like this pandemic, so it's not a situation you can gloss off with your preference, I also use my 4k television for both PC and PS4 and they both work great, so I have no idea what you're implying about "built for tv".

I know why I'm buying playstation over pc, and it's because of exclusives making up for their mediocre service and me not being young enough to do the shit I did  in this account again, but the trophy thing is a problem only for me, which is why  you see people complaining about this, nobody cares about pc gaming, it's a reminder that Sony treats its customer base like prostitutes, and instead of doing better, focuses on other player bases.

On 3/10/2020 at 10:47 AM, Dreakon13 said:

Never understood this approach really.  Consoles will always be cheaper and simpler than PC IMO... give it a year after they launch and you could probably buy a PS5, Xbox Series X and Switch for the cost of a mid range PC and be set for the next 10 years.  

I got my PC that can run everything in Ultra at least 60fps for $600. Which will probably be close to the cost of one or MAYBE two of those new consoles even after a year of release. 

I still mostly console game but PC isn’t as expensive if you don’t care that much about 4K, which is dumb to overpay for that anyway.

7 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I got my PC that can run everything in Ultra at least 60fps for $600. Which will probably be close to the cost of one or MAYBE two of those new consoles even after a year of release. 

I still mostly console game but PC isn’t as expensive if you don’t care that much about 4K, which is dumb to overpay for that anyway.

yeah something to note about resolution, there have been studies that show the human eye has a LOT of trouble distinguishing with resolutions higher than 4K so take promises of 8K and anything like that with some extreme skepticism.

9 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Yeah no.

You might pay more for a pc if you don't know where to buy it, and even if you do, in the long run you'll spend more for the  additional purchases I mentioned above.  Minimal trouble is highly subjective, I'm lagging everytime I'm opening SWBF2,  God of War and many other games, not to mention all the noises the fan does, and, while it's okay to collect physical, digital is trailing as the years go by, not to mention, it gives people an advantage  in situations  like this pandemic, so it's not a situation you can gloss off with your preference, I also use my 4k television for both PC and PS4 and they both work great, so I have no idea what you're implying about "built for tv".

It's all highly subjective, so laying out why my reasons don't work for you is stupid (and inaccurate/misleading in a lot of ways).  I could go on for days on the troubles I've had with the $1000+ PC I built on Cyber Monday deals around 2012, which was a rock solid piece of technology physically, but it all depends on what games we're playing, what we're trying to do with it, and how long you really expect it to last.  I had my fun but after years of fighting for just a baseline level of functionality and peripheral support across my hundreds of different Steam games, I went to console and never really looked back.

That's why I said "pick the platform that makes the most sense for you".  Clearly that isn't the consoles.  Just do me a favor and don't waste another 7-8+ years on a platform you don't like for no reason.  It didn't take me quite that long to realize PC gaming wasn't for me... but we all have our own timeline.  Don't get a PS5, go to PC and be happy.

8 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

$600 is enough to maybe swap out the guts of an existing PC with a few carefully selected parts (GPU, CPU, etc).  Building from scratch... with a case, CPU, motherboard, HDD/SSD, power supply, etc... you'll be inching to the $600 mark before you even get to the GPU, which tends to be the most expensive piece.

Unless you cut corners just about everywhere... but keep in mind the cheaper you go upfront in building/upgrading the PC, you're just shaving years off the end of its life since there's no forced systemic longevity like consoles (ie. console 'generations' where devs are all on the same page for a relatively set number of years).  PC requires more power to run the same games as console due to the nature of optimization (or lack thereof) and technology evolves faster over there.  You're just banking on cheaper parts lasting longer and devs not exceeding your PC's capabilities, and your expectations, for an indeterminate amount of time.  An expensive gamble.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...