Weapon expert bugged

KIERONOO

On 2020. 03. 22. at 3:53 AM, jh7459 said:

Ha, I've played around 2 hours and have like 8 kills.  My general lameness at MP isn't helping lol.

I think it was a big help that i did the online trophies when people started playing, so a lots of new player didnt even know how to utilize the demon skills properly. I skipped the multi tutorial too, so my first demon match went bad also.

Having fiddled around for a while with Weapons Expert, it's definitely the BFG that's most bugged. I got it to work after doing a double kill with it, where both players were right next to each other and died as it exploded. I don't know how you're expected to get that in normal gameplay; I was just with a couple guys who were nice. 

As a note, it pops at the end of the match. Don't be discouraged if you do the double kill and nothing happens.

On 3/29/2020 at 4:11 AM, NoMoreUpdates said:

Can confirm that Weapons Expert only unlocks if you get the final kill with the BFG to both of them and win the match!

This is not true. I got the trophy today and my BFG kill was in a middle of a match and it only killed one enemy. The match continued for a while after that and trophy popped after the match.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Juzota said:

This is not true. I got the trophy today and my BFG kill was in a middle of a match and it only killed one enemy. The match continued for a while after that and trophy popped after the match.

The same happened with me.  I got a lone BFG kill in a match and it counted.  The match did continue on for awhile afterwards. Getting the kill to register just seems flaky.

1 minute ago, jh7459 said:

The same happened with me.  I got a lone BFG kill in a match and it counted.  The match did continue on for awhile afterwards. Getting the kill to register just seems flaky.

Hardest part for me was actually hitting the enemy player with the damn gun. ? I'm glad the trophy did pop and I did not need to do a double-kill.

• Like 1

You probably need a BFG kill. For that to happen. You need to reach round 4 and get a double kill with one single shot. This is not hard at all due to the damage it does plus hit radius. Just make sure you damage both demons a bit though as it doesn't do the same damage as in the main game.

24 minutes ago, SupakGaming said:

You probably need a BFG kill. For that to happen. You need to reach round 4 and get a double kill with one single shot. This is not hard at all due to the damage it does plus hit radius. Just make sure you damage both demons a bit though as it doesn't do the same damage as in the main game.

No it does not need to be a double kill.

Does people even read these topics before posting?

18 hours ago, Juzota said:

No it does not need to be a double kill.

Does people even read these topics before posting?

Maybe it was a coincidence then. I was in a boosting session and all three of us only got the trophy after doing the double kill. We all tried to kill just one demon before and none of us got it. You do raise your chances of earning it.

+ after reading it, most got it after doing a double kill and on the trophy guide it says:
This trophy has been reported to be buggy so here's some things to clear up. First off, this trophy doesn't pop once you've actually earned a kill with each weapon. The trophy pops at the end of the entire match. Also, the BFG doesn't do as much damage as you'd expect, and it only seems to really hurt player demons if it's a direct hit. Make sure their health is pretty low before firing this thing. For whatever reason, it seems you need two kills at once with the BFG for it to count. That is something that can be easily organized in a boosting session on PSNprofiles so setup one of those if you need help.

Edited by SupakGaming
add more info

I got weapon expert and didn't have to fiddle around at all, I did my 5 games as slayer for this weeks challenge. Was my 1st time playing slayer and made sure to get a kill with each weapon (mods didn't seem to matter) played a 6th game to finish getting my last 2 weapon kills. I got a kill with the bfg in a previous game, wasn't a double kill either. To be honest idk how the bfg kill counted considering I hit the demon with lowish health he survived it then hit with combat shotgun and sealed the deal. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/8/2020 at 2:11 PM, DeadStanley said:

As others have mentioned, I too got the BFG kill mid-match and with only one direct hit kill. The trophy unlocked after the match ended.

Can confirm this too. One single kill with the BFG, trophy popped after the match ended. Thank heavens that double kill bullshit is over

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm: you do NOT need a double kill with the BFG. Just got the trophy after making sure I had 7/8 Weapon Expert. I was sure I needed the BFG since I had not used that ever. Next game there was 1 afk, I killed the afk demon (with BFG) after bringing it low. The other Demon was still alive. Also there is a milestone tracking double kills with the BFG, I don't have that completed, yet I do have the trophy. I would say the only tip I can give is make 100% sure you completed all other weapons.