Racing PS3 games without online pass.

HaserPL

Hi there. Yes, I know that what I'm asking is a broad subject but, I am interested in playing some racing games on PS3. I have already done/will finish soon all Dirt/Grid/NFS games with obtainable platinums, but I'm interested in also trying out WRC/F1 games. However, I cannot find any reliable info on which of them require online pass. I know that at least one F1 game does, in fact, require it but not sure about others. Also, any other recommendations from the genre? Cheers!

Daytona USA, Gran Turismo 6, F1 Race Stars, Smash Cars, all MotoGP games, NASCAR? 

If I'm not wrong, all those don't require an online pass, and still have the online working. (not totally sure about NASCAR games) 

I would also assume that MTX, ATV and MTX vs ATV don't require online passes. 

• Like 2

Aside from the ones other members above have mentioned, a few come to mind:

• Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends
  • Test Drive Unlimited 2 (although this one has had bugged servers forever, not sure if they are defunct already)
  • Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
  • Jimmie Johnson's Anything with an Engine
  • SEGA Rally Online Arcade
  • Mayhem 3D
  • Nail'd (I think this one has some server issues too)
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Blood Drive
  • Superstars V8 Racing (I think it has a sequel too...)
  • Anarchy Rush Hour (It's a piece of crap...)
  • Pure
  • And I guess even the CARS movie games count too. :hmm:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Daytona USA, Gran Turismo 6, F1 Race Stars, Smash Cars, all MotoGP games, NASCAR? 

If I'm not wrong, all those don't require an online pass, and still have the online working. (not totally sure about NASCAR games) 

I would also assume that MTX, ATV and MTX vs ATV don't require online passes. 

MotoGP or at least two of them, require to boost in a group of 20 players. I don't have the patience to do that, but I have Nascar'14 and online is doable solo :D. I will check out F1 Race Stars and Smash Cars, not sure if I wanna go with GT6, I never liked GT series before. Thanks!

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed

Holy shit, these games are expansive in PL. I think I'm gonna pass, thanks though!

1 hour ago, Todd Coward said:

I would also throw LittleBigPlanet Karting and ModNation Racers into the ring, but both games have lots of now unattainable online trophies.

Both of them are unobtainable now. 

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

MTX, ATV and MTX vs ATV

at least the ones I'm interested in are unobtainable :/

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:
  • Test Drive Unlimited 2 (although this one has had bugged servers forever, not sure if they are defunct already)
  •  

Yup, closed years ago. That's a shame because I really liked the game back when I wasn't trophy hunting.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned both of the Superstars of V8 games. The first is an offline plat so safe to start. The sequel "Next Challenge" has a couple of online trophies but they are unobtainable so you can only get that one to 94%. (Which is good enough for me so I did it anyway.)

I think the online pass or VIP pass was mostly a Codemasters thing in the PS3 days. So games like GRID and some of the F1 games use them. I think for both F1 2011 and F1 2012 I needed the VIP pass. Not sure about the later games, and absolutely sure that F1 2010 did not require one.

In the end when you really want to plat a game and it still has a pass on the store, I think I would just take my loss and buy the pass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

You do realize that this is thread is about PS3 games lol

Sorry dude. Was working whilst typinh and didnt read the question correctly. Im a idiot lol

Cars 3. Sounds lame but a suprising fun and addictive little racer. A very easy plat as well. All the others ive played you have either plated or about to

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

Eutechnyx racing games require only a small amount of sanity from your part.

If you did like pCARS, NFS Shift is great, Shift 2 less so in trophies... Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends doesn't have online trophies and is a real hidden gem in racing games.

Superstars V8 Racing is your average Milestone/Black Bean racing game but it's refreshing since you don't always see V8 series anymore.... No if only we could get a new DTM/Super GT game...

• Like 1

The racing games I platinumed in the last 6 month (I played PS3 games only so far) without online pass are:
Crash Time 4: The Syndicate
Crash Time 5: Undercover
Mayhem 3D
Need for Speed: SHIFT
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Online Pass for free)
Ski-Doo Snowmobile Challenge (EU or US Version)
WRC 3
WRC 4

• Like 2

5 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

If you did like pCARS, NFS Shift is great, Shift 2 less so in trophies...

I have a 100% in Shift 1 and I'm boosting Shift 2 soon with my friend using 10 accounts method :D. Haven't played pcars, I don't have a ps4 anymore.