Resident Evil Resistance Upcoming Content

this better not affect win with all masterminds trophy, win with all survivors with Jill was not affected and does not require her to be played at all

so far I've only had one game that when DLC was added it affected the trophy and that was bloodstained

the iga pack added iga and the plat only popped after I beat him to fill the beastry and obviously was not part of the original guide

The game patch notes are now available.

Added Features / Removed Restrictions

• • Bonus RP is now awarded to players who select "Random" for matchmaking when playing a Quick Match.
  • • Removed rank-based restrictions for equipment slots, equipment point limits, and equipment chest purchases.
  • • RP Boosters will no longer be consumed if a match awards RP below a certain amount.
  • • Removed rank-based restrictions from Mastermind character selection and deck customization. Map preset editing is now unlocked by reaching Rank 5 with any Mastermind character.
  • • Added a feature to reduce players from being denied entry to a room when matchmaking with a team of Survivors.
  • • Added a feature to the Steam version which allows players' profiles to be viewed from the result screen.

Resolved Issues

• Resolved an issue where using the "Lurking Menace" ability would occasionally cause Yateveo to die.
  • • Resolved an issue where some Fever Skills with prolonged effects would trigger their cooldown timers upon activation, rather than after the effect ends. Characters affected: Jill, Becca, Samuel
  • • Resolved an issue where the "Fury" variant of Annete's Ultimate Skill had a shortened cooldown under certain conditions.
  • • Resolved an issue where being struck by "Immoblizing Rounds" would completely disable player control.
  • • Resolved an issue where a player leaving a game after a match was created could cause subsequent attempts at matchmaking to fail.
  • • Adjusted some of Jill's escape animations.

Balance Adjustments

• • Reduced the effect of the "Immobilizing Rounds" skill card.
  • • Reduced the duration of the "Electromagnetic Shield" skill card.
  • • Reduced the effect of Spencer's "Mod Recycler" skill card.
  • • Increased the Bio Energy cost of the "Discount" skill card.
  • • Reduced the effectiveness of some weapons when firing on security cameras to disable them.
  • • Reduced the effect of the "Mix Tape" and "Book of Wisdom" equipment.
  • • Lengthened the cooldown of the "Spray Gun" variant of Valerie's Fever Skill.
  • • Reduced the effect of the "Enhance" variant of Annette's "Genetic Mutation" skill.
  • • Reduced the rate at which creatures recover health.
  • • Reduced the effect of the "EMP Rounds" equipment.
  • • Adjusted how easily Yateveo can be incapacitated.

For whatever reason it took a while for the restrictions to come off for me as I was around when it went live. Lost 4 matches due to that as Nikolai. Kept winning since then and for the most part pretty easily too. Nicolai is extremely strong from what I've seen and I've not even unlocked 3 of the cards that'll make him even stronger. 

I know Nikolai was likely thought out from the start if not finished but the timing on him is actually pretty bad. People were already complaining pretty heavily about Gun Spencer and Nikolai, time will tell, but actually be even stronger than Gun Spencer. Note that I'm not putting Gun in front of Nikolai there, the reason for that is it seems that guns is all Nikolai can run. He has 1 build. Creatures are a complete waste of time with him.

Disappointed there is no extra trophies, but there will be many happy I'm sure. They don't have to worry about their 100% disappearing and having to come back to get them down in online play. Then again, Xenoverse 2 put in trophies down the line which I think were things you could already do... so not impossible they could later (map update for example) release one that has trophies for both Jill and Nikolai. Easy ideas for them would be:

Jill: Incapacitate Nemesis. Dodge over traps 5 times. Complete a game with only headshots (I mean she is a trained operative while the rest at best have Becca who hunted). 
Nikolai: Down 4 people as Nemesis in one game. Hit 3 people with 1 tentacle attack. Win a match using no creatures or guns outside Autoturrets (to reference his comment of something like "You're so easy to kill I'm even closing my eyes")

I know a lot of people are unhappy that the new skins added are just reskins again but more than anything else, I'm just disappointed Valerie had a small nerf & is the only Survivor to actually one. Shes the only healer in the game yet they've increased the cooldown on one of her healing abilities, frustrating at the very least.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath

11 hours ago, Mouton33 said:

i dont understand why they added nicholai with this stats , it's very rare my party start and win vs him. 90% time it's vs mastermind nicholai and they party during 2-3 minutes wiped too fast.

Nikolai they likely had ready on release so they could not account for guns, and so Nikolai, being so powerful. A lot of these "roadmaps" that devs like to post these days on release are stuff already done so it gives them time to do actual new content down the line if the game is popular enough to justify it. Here though I don't even think that is even the case... I mean they could have added RE3 enemies in for Nikolai and instead what they added in was just... guns using gun models already in the game. Even his radar pulse appears to be a recoloured pulse that Valerie has. This to me would imply that down the line when they do another Mastermind, likely Albert Wesker, they'll give him the missing RE3 enemies. Watch them give him RE1 Tyrant too so they can just reskin Mr. X and add a claw for minimal work.

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 2:39 PM, ObsceneSociopath said:

I know a lot of people are unhappy that the new skins added are just reskins again but more than anything else, I'm just disappointed Valerie had a small nerf & is the only Survivor to actually one. Shes the only healer in the game yet they've increased the cooldown on one of her healing abilities, frustrating at the very least.

It was to mitigate the overuse of 'Mixtapes' that reduce your fever skill cooldown.

While Mixtapes got slightly nerfed, they should of got nerfed more or removed completely.

Playing as a Mastermind and having to deal with the sweatlord combo of 'Dr.Tyrone' instantly reviving fallen enemies + a Valiarie full healing/reviving everyone every 30 seconds, add in a constant flashing every 1 minute Martin and a Jill who can use her rockets every 2 minutes or so and you have lost the ability as a Mastermind to completely knockdown/kill survivors or use zombies/bioweapons to attack them.

Even with the Mixtape nerf it still allows your feverskill to cooldown ridiculsly fast.

So all the survivors that heavily use Mixtapes are only slightly hindered by a bit of extra cooldown.

Edited by objectioner

Mixtapes are a major problem and a large part why Nikolai/Spencer are so much better than the other Masterminds, but really are just the tip of the iceberg at the end of the day. The main issue that causes those situations to arise is ultimately equipment stacking hence why you get instant revives, instant explosions (though with Red Queen Mod now, you'd be able to get it without stacking), so forth.

Also just so you're aware, the nerf is even more non-existent than you make out. To make up for it they can run the book that reduces both personal and fever skill cooldown on top of the mixtapes. The funny thing though is that means 20 points spent on mixtapes, mixtapes which outside Jill (if she reaches area 3) and Valerie are completely useless against Spencer/Nikolai, the best masterminds. It's why I can't really have any sympathy for experienced people playing survivor and complaining about the guns. They're running a build that hard counters creatures and don't like it when Masterminds run something which just laughs in the face of it. They could adapt and run anti-gun builds, but then, what if they run into a creature running mastermind? They won't have their cheese and they can't have that.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 7:25 PM, Rozalia1 said:

Also just so you're aware, the nerf is even more non-existent than you make out. To make up for it they can run the book that reduces both personal and fever skill cooldown on top of the mixtapes. The funny thing though is that means 20 points spent on mixtapes, mixtapes which outside Jill (if she reaches area 3) and Valerie are completely useless against Spencer/Nikolai, the best masterminds. It's why I can't really have any sympathy for experienced people playing survivor and complaining about the guns. They're running a build that hard counters creatures and don't like it when Masterminds run something which just laughs in the face of it. They could adapt and run anti-gun builds, but then, what if they run into a creature running mastermind? They won't have their cheese and they can't have that.

Certain guns deal far more damage than they should should, right now there is very little build wise to defensively counter a heavy gun damage Nicholai.

Even Resident Evil's own community Manager has talked about it on Twitter, in a post earlier today she said even playing as defensive Tyrone with the Ballistic Vests on she is still getting 2 or 3 shot downed by Nicholai.

Tyrone is by default the tankiest character with 1400 hp & is the only survivor actually classed as a tank. Add to that the defence bonuses from the Ballistic Vests & a yellow herb, no Mastermind should not be downing him in 2 shots. Only Bioweapons should have that kind of power, definitely not a gun camera that can be used frequently.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath

5 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Certain guns deal far more damage than they should should, right now there is very little build wise to defensively counter a heavy gun damage Nicholai.

Even Resident Evil's own community Manager has talked about it on Twitter, in a post earlier today she said even playing as defensive Tyrone with the Ballistic Vests on she is still getting 2 or 3 shot downed by Nicholai.

Tyrone is by default the tankiest character with 1400 hp & is the only survivor actually classed as a tank. Add to that the defence bonuses from the Ballistic Vests & a yellow herb, no Mastermind should not be downing him in 2 shots. Only Bioweapons should have that kind of power, definitely not a gun camera that can be used frequently.

I wouldn't put much stock in that person as I do believe only what Japanese players say matters when it comes to balancing, so if they don't take much issue with guns then nothing will change. The problem they will have is, as seen with the mod recycler nerf, one that makes cards worthless isn't good. In addition the reason masterminds use guns to start with like this is because creatures are so weak. A nerf on guns without a big time buff on creatures will only piss off Mastermind players as then they're stuck in a situation where ultimately no matter how good they might be, they ain't beating anything above an average team. However the kicker then is if creatures are buffed heavily then survivors will complain creatures are too strong and we're back to square one.

14 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

I wouldn't put much stock in that person as I do believe only what Japanese players say matters when it comes to balancing, so if they don't take much issue with guns then nothing will change. The problem they will have is, as seen with the mod recycler nerf, one that makes cards worthless isn't good. In addition the reason masterminds use guns to start with like this is because creatures are so weak. A nerf on guns without a big time buff on creatures will only piss off Mastermind players as then they're stuck in a situation where ultimately no matter how good they might be, they ain't beating anything above an average team. However the kicker then is if creatures are buffed heavily then survivors will complain creatures are too strong and we're back to square one.

It's nothing to do with putting stock in what Kat said, she plays the game as a fan & was voicing her opinion & experience on it, no different to us.

The fact remains that when your playing on either Tyrone or Sam (tankiest characters), using all the gear to reduce gun camera damage & still getting 2 shot downed, something isn't right.

If they don't want to reduce camera damage, then increase the effectiveness of the Ballistic Vests so they actually work as intended. That would at least make a defensive build viable for players that choose to use it. As it stands, with or without the Ballistic Vests equipped, people are still getting 1 & 2 shot downed regardless of the character they are playing as.

• 3 weeks later...

Every changlog is more baffling than the last. Creature Masterminds were weak enough as it is so... weaken them more? Alex, the weakest mastermind, had one good build that got nerfed heavily previously and now gets nerfed again. I get that Call of Spencer/Nikolai were/are annoying, but if people used them it was because creature masterminds were weak. As such they should be buffed, not weakened. The only plus in all this is that BOWs are stronger now, Mr.X for example has been heavily improved... but against a half decent team, downing someone means all of zero so it just means you beat bad teams better. So, worthless.

What baffles me most is that they added new mastermind equipment that increases the chance for npc creatures to do grab attack.

Getting constantly grabbed, breaking free and then getting re-grabbed is already extremely obnoxious to deal with.

That and they have added equipment that benefits gun/camera users like Spencer and Nicholai.

Just what we needed more of: ways to constantly gun players down and recovery cameras quickly.

And i'm not seeing the matchmaking changes.

1st match I had was against a rank 32 Annette, with me being the only high rank player (rank 44), the other player was one rank 14 and two rank 1s.

2nd match was against a rank 1 Daniel while me and the survivors where all above rank 30.

Haven't played the new map yet but have done some testing with Masterminds in practice mode.

Area 3 will be nightmare to play against turret spamming Nicholai's, the camera placement and wide open area means that turrets will be hitting you long before you can locate them.

Edited by objectioner

On 6/12/2020 at 2:39 AM, SealedCard said:

https://www.residentevil.com/re3/us/update/index.html

Yateveo got a few buffs, the Meddling Kids trophy is much harder now.

As an update to this - there are new equipments that make you deal more damage with grenades and also make it so the Armory prices are much lower, so you can still do the Molotov Valerie build and kill Yateveo quite easily. The LE 5 was also buffed so a Becca can use that wepaon on it and ditch a lot of damage.