Improving Milestones (PSN level up trophy, Points, etc)

Okay I hope I can put this without rambling like a moron.

I thought it would be a nice idea if we improve the milestones which are being tracked off on our profiles by adding new milestones, like the trophy that got you to the next PSN level, the trophy that made you reach a certain amount of points and perhaps putting that all together on a new page. Putting it on a new page could give us more space for the current milestones. That way we could split them all under different pages and keep track of more.

Right now, on my profile only each 25th platinum is being tracked off, and with this we could keep track of every 5th or 10th. 

Hopefully I'm coming over like we should directly copy this from YGC because the backstory behind is that I keep track of a few milestones myself (which shouldn't be added to the site, that would cause a mess lol) and most of those milestones are easily kept track off using the awesome trophy log feature on here but for 1 milestone I have to use YGC, which is the PSN level milestone. YGC is just back online since the 15th after it has been down for a good 2-3 weeks and their latest backup was from Dec 2012 and it looks like it will take them a very long time to fix everything because from what I've read on their forums (trying to find out when I can update my milestones, I simply can't stand being unable to do for a month now, almost at level 20 already) and it seems like everytime they try to fix something something else goes wrong and it's just a fucking mess over there and this is the right time for us to improve and take our right place as the #1 largest trophy site on the internet even though it's a bit unfair.

Hopefully it's understandable and not too messy.

Looking forward to an answer but I understand Sly is very busy,

MrCostari

I would like it if we could just keep every 10 Platinum's as milestones. I've been working hard with math and all to get certian trophies as certian plats and 1000 trophies

Yeah, I was thinking about that the other day, like why isn't there a new page for milestones etc, so we could check them out and also we can see what we need to achieve certain milestones. I also think that would be a great addition.

Yeah! That would be nice too! Then you would now what your next milestone will be, like a progress bar!

I would like it if we could just keep every 10 Platinum's as milestones. I've been working hard with math and all to get certian trophies as certian plats and 1000 trophies

I agree, 10 is probably better than 5 but the thing is, it changes once you obtain more platinums. Once you reach 50 platinums, it changes to every 25th platinum. After that I'm not sure but probably each 100th or something. Check out some profiles with many platinums, you will see the difference. ;)

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with adding more IMO. I'd like to see a couple new pages set up for our profiles.

1. Milestones (pretty much what you said MrC) ;)
  2. Trophy Tips (a page to view all your trophy tips - and maybe even the ability to delete them from there)
  3. Friends - maybe something like 

n92NzIf.png

• Like 4

Good idea, MR Costari. A super detailed side page for milestones would also be cool, you could see each 100 trophies there and each platinum you have got and the time from one platinum to another, that would help a lot to measure why some people (like me) take so much time to get another plat after some time.

Going totally offtopic, i would like to add something about the Trophy Cabinet. The (few) people who use it, should be able to add commentaries to the trophy he/she has put in there, explaining to any other person why is that trophy special to him/her.

I love the idea of the trophy cabinet, trophies I have there are the ones I had the most fun achieving, but other people don't know that, and it would be nice to implement what you said!

And the next Friendlist Request!!

You should think about it Sly. ;-)

Nothing wrong with adding more IMO. I'd like to see a couple new pages set up for our profiles.

• Milestones (pretty much what you said MrC) ;)
  • Trophy Tips (a page to view all your trophy tips - and maybe even the ability to delete them from there)
  • Friends - maybe something like n92NzIf.png
I loved this Feature. Edited by BOOM540

I seem to remember Sly saying somewhere he can't gather data about friends, so i don't think that would be possible.

2. Trophy Tips (a page to view all your trophy tips - and maybe even the ability to delete them from there)

n92NzIf.png

I like the idea of the trophy milestones though, would be nice to see all my plats in one place and more milestones.

Wow I didn't expect some much support for my idea! And I love all the ideas you guys brought in! This thread turned into a f*cking mastermind thread full of ideas!

Thank you guys so much! :D

Sorry for the late response, my internet is being extremely unstable lately and it's working now, but no clue how long it will last!

I like the idea of having more milestones, however if it's on a new page within our profile, potentially could it be built as a trophy checklist page?

Maybe give premium members an option to customise, with a drag & drop feature under particular headings (eg. currently working on, games on hold etc.) Would possibly work well for people planning their next milestone.

• Like 1

Wow I didn't expect some much support for my idea! And I love all the ideas you guys brought in! This thread turned into a f*cking mastermind thread full of ideas!

Thank you guys so much! :D

Sorry for the late response, my internet is being extremely unstable lately and it's working now, but no clue how long it will last!

Yeah, that's correct. However we also discussed a Friend module (that Sly would build from scratch) using your friends on this site. It was going to be a manual process for the users to "follow" others. 

• Like 1

n92NzIf.png

That looks really awesome.  I see i even made it in there. LOL.

• Like 1

I seem to remember Sly saying somewhere he can't gather data about friends, so i don't think that would be possible.

I like the idea of the trophy milestones though, would be nice to see all my plats in one place and more milestones.

Yeah, that's correct. However we also discussed a Friend module (that Sly would build from scratch) using your friends on this site. It was going to be a manual process for the users to "follow" others. 

Kind of what I was thinking, maybe we could implement that idea with the friends on site. That would solve the data gatering problem.

• Like 1