STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Looking forward to seeing what the badges are @Rune_Crys

As I said before, I suck at art so I may have to outsource, but I promise they'll be cool.

Okay, since it's a general consensus and my assistant is okay with it, I have pushed the start date to April 24 and edited the OP accordingly. Also, I will leave sign-ups open until May 15 if some late comers want to join in. Once the event starts, I encourage you to start giving progress reports. I'll try my best to do the same. My list has a couple of things missing(namely #HANGOUT and #LEARN, though I will get an alternative for the Ultra Challenge as suggested by @ladynadiad.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well... @Kristycism doesn't suck...just saying :) (look at my Signature for proof)

Okay, I'll talk to her.

Kristy, you do art? I know you are busy with the database but if I give you an idea, could you come up with some prototype badge art?

Edited by Rune_Crys

Figured out 1 of my missing categories. For Cook With Me, I'll be choosing Coffee Talk; a barista simulator (so Ultra). I'll also be changing my Bond With Me game to LEGO Marvel's Avengers (PS4) due to the inclusion of, at least, the Maximoff twins (Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver) (also an Ultra). Still haven't decided what to pick for the Craft category as I don't see any game I could overlap with my current ABC challenge. Will probably select something after the start date.

Also @Rune_Crys, could you add a link to the spreadsheet in the intro so it dosen't get lost in all the pages?

• Like 1

I am finalizing my list. I have gone through and found an Ultra Challenge for each category. I am pretty happy with my list. A good mix of games I need to finish up and games I’ve been meaning to start. Any changes or additions to my list will have a *** at the end so you can update me on the tracker easier @Rune_Crys @Kristycism

#COOKWITHME: Senran Kagura Bon Appetit! (PSV)- This game is one big cooking mini game. You have to perform well to cook well.

#DANCESINGWITHME: Hatsune Miku Project Diva f (PSV) - I wasn’t sure about adding another rhythm game to the mix but this is one I have been sitting on for a while.

#CRAFTWITHME: Fallout 4 (PS4) - There are trophies for crafting items, weapon mods, and workshop items. More items to craft as well. This will give me a reason to finish this game up that I started... 

#HANGOUTWITHME: Dead Island Riptide (PS3) - Complete the main story with multiplayer co-op partner(s) and tag enemies in a MP co-op game. 

#READWITHME: Our World Is Ended NA (PS4)- A VN where you have to see every path and ending to get those specific trophies.

#LEARNWITHME: Assassin’s Creed III Remastered (PS4) - Takes place during the American Revolution. ***

#GETREADYWITHME: Sleeping Dogs (PS3) - The Fashion Victim trophy is for acquiring all clothing or outfits. ***

#SOLVEWITHME: Return of the Obra Dinn (PS4) - One big whodunnit where you have to figure out what happened on the ship and solve the crime.

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Erica EU (PS4) - Beat the NA version and picked up the EU version on sale. I figure this gives me a reason to go through it again. ***

#BONDWITHME: God of War (PS4)- A father and son go on a walkabout...

#WORKOUTWITHME: Xing: The Land Beyond (PS4) - A VR puzzle game I picked up on sale. I don’t own a VR headset but someone I know is loaning me his so I can play this. ***

#FIGHTWITHME: Tekken 7 (PS4)- I hate fighting games but this one looks doable for me

#TRAVELWITHME: Skyrim (PS4)- Fus Ro Dah! all over this big big world...

#GAMEWITHME: Amnesia Collection (PS4) - Been meaning to get around to this one and it is currently an UR Plat...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rune_Crys said:

Okay, I'll talk to her.

Kristy, you do art? I know you are busy with the database but if I give you an idea, could you come up with some prototype badge art?

Sure, just drop me a PM with your idea(s) and I'll see what I can do. Won't be able to get to it until next week at the earliest though as I'm pretty busy with work this week. But if you're fine with that I can get them done for you :)

• Like 1

I made some changes to my list, so here's the revised list I'll be using for the challenge. The ones that are Bold are the ones that got changed. Just let me know if any of these aren't acceptable.

#COOKWITHME: Zanki Zero: Last Beginning (EU)

#DANCESINGWITHME: NieR: Automata

#CRAFTWITHME (ULTRA): The Last of Us Remastered

#HANGOUTWITHME: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (EU)

#READWITHME (ULTRA):  Detroit: Become Human

#LEARNWITHME: Persona 5 (Standard Version)

#GETREADYWITHME: Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

#SOLVEWITHME (Alternative): Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

#BONDWITHME (ULTRA): A Plague Tale: Innocence

#WORKOUTWITHME: Bayonetta (PS4)

#FIGHTWITHME (ULTRA): Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

#TRAVELWITHME (ULTRA): The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition (EU)

#GAMEWITHME (ULTRA): Catherine: Full Body

• Like 1

Found a game for #CookWithMe Ultra challenge, it is Wizards Tourney

There's a minigame where you need to cook a potion, I don't know if this counts since it isn't exactly food but you are, technically cooking. Tagging @Rune_Crys to see if this game approves for the event

Edited by maiathewinners

2 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

Sorry to be a bother @Kristycism but I noticed Erica was marked No for Ultra when it meets the criteria. It is an FMV movie game with interactive branching choices. If I am mistaken and this doesn’t count, I will find something else.

No that’s my mistake!! You’re right, it should be Ultra! I’ll fix it next time I’m on my PC :) 

By the way a quick question, for the starting, is there any particular timezone or just at midnight on the 24th by our time?  Just want to make sure so I don't pop any plats early since it also looks like I'll be finishing up Death Mark soon as well.  Death Mark ended up being quite good and I keep wanting to know what happens next.

Oh, and one other question, for cookwithme, would it count if the game requires you to actually figure out recipes by filling in blanks?  In Marenian Tavern Story you can buy recipes, but also to get the 100% recipes that will be needed for the plat you have to figure out some variations of those recipes.  The game gives a hint at a possible recipe by giving you the name and known ingredients and then you try and guess what the missing ones are and cook it.  If you're correct, you gain the recipe for future use, if you're wrong you get a failed dish.  You also can just try out random combinations of ingredients and see if you happen upon a recipe as well.

If that's not enough to count for a cooking minigame, would it count as crafting then and I can swap it with Rune Factory?

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

#COOKWITHME: Monster Hunter World

#DANCESINGWITHME: Night in the Woods

#CRAFTWITHME: Rainbow Moon

#HANGOUTWITHME: Burnout Paradise Remastered

#READWITHME:

#LEARNWITHME: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

#GETREADYWITHME: Marvels Spider-Man

#SOLVEWITHME: The Sexy Brutale

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: The Grand Tour Game

#BONDWITHME: A Plague Tale: Innocence

#WORKOUTWITHME: Final Fantasy VII (original PS4 version)

#FIGHTWITHME: Castle Crashers Remastered

#TRAVELWITHME: L.A. Noire

#GAMEWITHME: AC Odyssey

Here is my list. A couple of blanks for now but I think its a good list of games from my backlog with a few new ones sprinkled in to keep it interesting.

All games are North America PS4 versions.

@Kristycism Thanks for jumping in to help with this event. If needed I could help with keeping spreadsheet up to date. Just let me know.

Edited by gruffiiti

I'll make a list. I have no idea how much I will finish since I'm starting a 16-week course in mid-May and I still have full-time employment. Let me know if I need to justify any of the choices. 

#COOKWITHME: Persona 5 Royal - ULTRA!! 

#DANCESINGWITHME: Beat Saber - ULTRA!! 

#CRAFTWITHME:  Control - ULTRA!!

#HANGOUTWITHME: Borderlands 3 - ULTRA!!

#READWITHME: Hatoful Boyfriend - ULTRA!!

#LEARNWITHME: Rise of the Tomb Raider - ULTRA!! 

#GETREADYWITHME: Rime - ULTRA!!

#SOLVEWITHME: The Sexy Brutale - ULTRA!! 

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Stikbold! - ULTRA!!

#BONDWITHME: AC Odyssey - ULTRA!!

#WORKOUTWITHME: BoxVR - ULTRA!!

#FIGHTWITHME: Castle Crashers Remastered - ULTRA!!

#TRAVELWITHME: Mafia 3 - ULTRA!!

#GAMEWITHME: The Banner Saga - ULTRA!!

• Like 1

#COOKWITHME: Overcooked! 2 (US) ULTRA
#DANCESINGWITHME: Beat Saber (US) ULTRA
#CRAFTWITHME: Red Dead Redemption 2 (US) ULTRA
#HANGOUTWITHME: Battlefield 4 (US) ULTRA
#READWITHME: X-Blaze Code: Embryo (US) ULTRA
#LEARNWITHME: Far Cry 4 (US) ULTRA
#GETREADYWITHME: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (US) ULTRA
#SOLVEWITHME: Word Search by POWGI (US, PSVita) ULTRA
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: MLB The Show 19 (US) ULTRA
#BONDWITHME: God Of War (2018, US) ULTRA
#WORKOUTWITHME: Rick And Morty: Virtual Rick-Ality (US) ULTRA
#FIGHTWITHME: Injustice 2 (US) ULTRA
#TRAVELWITHME: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (US) ULTRA
#GAMEWITHME: Madden NFL 19 (US) ULTRA

Let me know if something here isn't an ultra challenge and I will replace it!

Edited by Reapers_K
changed one of my games

OK, starting my second playthrough of Harvest Moon. I am having trouble managing time in the game as I have so many crops and time moves so fast (Seriously by the time I am done watering everything it is 3pm already). I will have to take care of my crops at night I think otherwise I will get nothing done in the game.

Also going to boot up MiCoach and get back to my daily workouts as that game requires you to play a lot if you want the platinum (and it is good to move around as well).

Any apologies for not following the thread yesterday, I was busy working on my 70th platinum... and then Super Mario Maker 2 came out with a huge update of new features. xD

To everyone who has submitted lists, your lists are wonderful and I hope to hear many stories once the event gets underway. I definitely will try my best to schedule out how I am going to be doing stuff, probably starting with knocking out Pic-A-Pix Classic 2 after fermenting it for months due to the insane amount of puzzles. :P

18 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

By the way a quick question, for the starting, is there any particular timezone or just at midnight on the 24th by our time?

Just at midnight in your time zone. I'll tell everyone when my time zone hits midnight to clock over to the 24th but I know that people are all over the world so their time zone may start earlier or later than mine, so just do you. My time zone is Central Standard Time, by the way.

23 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Also @Rune_Crys, could you add a link to the spreadsheet in the intro so it dosen't get lost in all the pages?

Sorry, totally forgot that. *facepalms* I'll look for the link and get it on the OP ASAP. Thanks for pointing that out!

13 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

I'll make a list. I have no idea how much I will finish since I'm starting a 16-week course in mid-May and I still have full-time employment. Let me know if I need to justify any of the choices. 

If you are one of the few who work out of home and doing school work, don't worry about it. There is no set end date. I admire your willpower to schedule school, work and gaming, just make sure you don't put gaming #1, though. I'm sure you are asked to wear protective masks at work, though, which is really tough. I know as I have to wear a mask whenever I want to go shopping and it's tough. Just stay safe and healthy by not pushing your gaming to the forefront. Gamers should rest once in a while. ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

17 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

@Kristycism Thanks for jumping in to help with this event. If needed I could help with keeping spreadsheet up to date. Just let me know.

I should be alright as I've set up the sheet to be as easy to update as possible, but I wouldn't say no to additional help if you want to :)

Just PM me your e-mail address and I can give you editing permissions and we can work out a schedule on who should update when so we don't duplicate efforts? :)

Also everyone is updated until this point! :)

Edited by Kristycism

7 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

@Kristycism would it be easier for you if updates were new posts or edits to originals with a comment letting you know?

~TC

P.S. As an aside your profile is quite impressive :3

New posts would be much easier for me, as I can just read new posts since my last update and change the spreadsheet accordingly.

With edits, I'd have to read through the whole forum because a ping would work first time (and then I'd pick up the update) but I think after that it would no longer ping with edits so I'd completely miss them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rune_Crys said:

Just at midnight in your time zone. I'll tell everyone when my time zone hits midnight to clock over to the 24th but I know that people are all over the world so their time zone may start earlier or later than mine, so just do you. My time zone is Central Standard Time, by the way.

Mine is central as well actually!

And also edited in a question in that post later that you may have missed whether it counted for ultra in cookwithme if a game required you to experiment with ingredients to find variations of recipes even if it's not an actual minigame.  It does have a chance of failure though.  But at the same time, I could see that counting more as crafting even if the trophies are more to get all recipes and cook X number of Y type of dishes.  Just wanted to get some clarification on that so I can advise on if Marenian Tavern Story will count as ultra or if I should swap it to craftwithme and put Rune Factory as cookwithme instead.

I decided that I'd rather only play one lengthy sim for this event, so I tried out both Surviving Mars and Two Point Hospital yesterday. One of them had me hooked all evening, while the other made me quit out of frustration halfway through the tutorial. I'd like to drop Surviving Mars from the event, move Two Point Hospital to #GAME (it's also an UR plat, so it works for the ultra challenge), and I'll leave #LEARN blank for now, which is good because the new alternative option leaves the door open to a lot of interesting games.

Adding Erica for #STAYHOMEANDWATCH for the Ultra Challenge. As well as would the game Waking Violet count for the ultra challenge for #SOLVEWITHME? If so I'd add that as well. Also looking for recommendations for #BONDWITHME, looking for a game where you play 2 people that are related. I already platinumed God of War, looking for some other recommendations for it as that seems like it'll be the one I'm stuck on. Also looking for recommendations for #COOKWITHME's Ultra Challenge that isn't Kingdom Hearts 3 since I platinumed it already, & Overcooked 2 since I don't really want to play that game.

#COOKWITHME: N/A
#DANCESINGWITHME: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
#CRAFTWITHME: The Surge 2
#HANGOUTWITHME: N/A
#READWITHME: N/A (Waiting for a VN to go onsale since they're all so expensive & I platinumed all the ones I own already)
#LEARNWITHME: Far Cry 4
#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
#SOLVEWITHME: N/A
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Erica
#BONDWITHME: N/A
#WORKOUTWITHME: Arizona Sunshine
#FIGHTWITHME: Yakuza Kiwami
#TRAVELWITHME: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
#GAMEWITHME: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

35 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Adding Erica for #STAYHOMEANDWATCH for the Ultra Challenge. As well as would the game Waking Violet count for the ultra challenge for #SOLVEWITHME? If so I'd add that as well. Also looking for recommendations for #BONDWITHME, looking for a game where you play 2 people that are related. I already platinumed God of War, looking for some other recommendations for it as that seems like it'll be the one I'm stuck on. Also looking for recommendations for #COOKWITHME's Ultra Challenge that isn't Kingdom Hearts 3 since I platinumed it already, & Overcooked 2 since I don't really want to play that game.

Did you have a look at what others are planning on doing? It might help give you some more options to consider...

STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME tracking spreadsheet

• Like 1