STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

15 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

I got the inspiration for this event from a Youtube channel called #STAYHOME (link to the intro video for the channel in the title) where people make videos telling viewers how they can enjoy a sedentary lifestyle which people are being to adopt due to the Corona Virus pandemic. Unless you have had your head in the sand like an ostrich for the past two months, you know how the US government has ordered everyone in business to stay home and not interact with people physically due to a deadly pandemic which has started claiming a lot of lives, usually old people and babies who cannot fight off the COVID-19 virus. This Youtube channel is encouraging people to STAY HOME and entertain yourself with home activities, with many categories involving various activities you can do, like clean your house, cook, watch a marathon of movies or garden.

They also have a video game category but it's mostly the new Animal Crossing game that came out. So this event is going to try to get you to try new games and earn platinums in them, because let's face it, if you lurk on this forum, you are obviously interested in earning platinums and now you have all the time in the universe to do so. But to commemorate the people who made this channel, I want you guys to play games which revolve around the themes of the channel. So let's get to the rules!

Rules and Regulations:

• This event will start on May 1, 2020. You have plenty of times to swap out games if you feel you will get cold feet on the first game you picked, but once the event starts, you lose points for every swap you make. (Save for the three free swaps, see below)
  • While this event is meant to reference the current world situations, we have no idea how long this pandemic will last so I'll just reward people who complete the event and the Ultra Challenges and you can take as long as you want. If you feel like you are unable to continue participation(maybe due to being hospitalized for no reason or having to tend to leave the house for a vacation in the woods, away from people), then let me know and I will put you as D.N.F.
  • Since this is my first time I did an event, I don't want to be bogged down by keeping track of too many people so I am imposing a hard cap of 24 participants. (I will participate too, it would be rude not to take part in your own event. ;)) If you want to participate, choose the games for the themes(you can just go with one theme if you don't have much time to play games but I encourage you to try as many as you can as you have plenty of time to complete the games) and list your games in a post here. I'll try to hammer together a spreadsheet with everyone's user-name and games list to keep track of your status before the event starts. (Or at least write them down in Notepad if need be. xD)
  • I'm only counting the platinums, not 100%, but you'll get special mention if you do all DLC trophies attached to a game since these are extra challenges, especially if the DLC trophies revolve around the theme you put the game in. (For example, a game which has a cooking element has DLC trophies for learning new recipes.)
  • Cheating/hacking/modding your game will disqualify it from the event. If you get your game DQ'd, you will have to make up the time by replacing it with a new game in the theme. This won't count against your score.
  • Each game has an Ultra Challenge which is similar to the Hardcore challenges in Monthly Mania. They aren't harder, they just fit the theme more tightly than the regular challenges. If you complete these Ultra Challenges, you get more points.
  • You get three free swaps. You can use these swaps during the event to replace a game you chose for another game without penalty but you consume one of the swaps. Once all of the swaps are gone, you will lose points every time you declare a swap. You can also use the swaps to replace a game in a theme with your choice of game but once you consume all three swaps you will not be allowed to do this. I will keep track of your free swaps and warn you when you use them all up so you don't accidentally disqualify yourself by trying to swap out a theme an extra time. There is no way
  • I will not dock you if your game theme swap is from a normal challenge to an Ultra Challenge but you need to let me research the game to ensure that it is in the Ultra Challenge category before I let you do the swap. For example, swapping Game X(which has a minor cooking element) for Game Y(which has a cooking mini-game, which is considered an Ultra Challenge) is free but swapping for Game Z(which has another minor cooking element) will require a swap.
  • You are free to drop a theme during the event if you cannot handle it. However, you lose all of the points associated with that challenge.
  • I know there are a lot of games without platinums that have these themes in them, so I will give extra points if you want to complete those games as well for the event but there is a hard cap of three of these games and you need to have a game with a platinum in them. These will not get extra points if the game qualifies for the Ultra Challenge of the regular game. However, you will not be penalized if you decide to swap these games as they are only extra points and as long as you complete one of those non-platinum titles, you still get the points. The old game will also be stricken from the list so you won't be punished for playing one game, swapping it out, and them completing the new game and two other games in this category.
  • There is no restriction to the % of trophies. You can submit a game which has trophies on it already from 1 to 99%, as long as you don't have the platinum already, you are free to submit any game with any percentage as long as it fits the theme. (Forgot to mention this rule so a lot of people are asking that question, don't worry, you can have almost all of the trophies and get a quick completion on the game. The only thing that is important is the theme you are putting it on.)

Scoring: The scoring is relatively simple.

• 10 points if you get a platinum in one of the themes; 20 instead if you complete the Ultra Challenge of a theme. A few themes won't have ultra challenges and therefore get the full 20 points if you
  • 5 points if you clear a 100% non-platinum game in one of the themes.
  • -2 points every time you swap a game in a theme after the event starts and all of your free swaps are consumed. After four docks, you will not be allowed to swap that game again for the remainder of the event and have to stick with it

Rewards: After you complete your event, I will award you the proper badge with your name on it. The badge starts as a Black Badge for just participation but will evolve as you complete milestones in the event as follows:

• Black Badge: The booty prize for just participating and not earning enough points to promote to Iron
  • Iron Badge: Earned by getting 20 points(from either 4 non-platinums or 2 platinums)
  • Bronze Badge: Earned by getting at least one theme's platinum and 25 or more points
  • Silver Badge: Earned by getting platinums in three themes or 40 points.
  • Gold Badge: Earned by getting platinums in six themes or 70 points
  • Electrum Badge: Earned by getting platinums in seven themes or at least 100 points
  • Platinum Badge: Earned by getting platinums in every theme in the event

You will also get an "Ultra" title added to your badge if you complete the Ultra Challenges on themes that have them. Since a few themes don't have Ultra Challenges, I only put this for those that do.

• Ultra Newbie: Complete one Ultra Challenge
  • Ultra Adept: Completed half of the Ultra Challenges
  • Ultra Master: Completed all of the Ultra Challenges

Also, this is not meant to be a race of competition, if you can't do all of the themes then don't push yourself to play a game you hate. The idea for this event is to try to play as many games as you can and get all the trophies for them before the quarantine ends.

The Themes:

#COOKWITHME: Since fast food places without drive throughs and fancy restaurants are shutting down left and right, people now have to eat home-cooked meals. You can probably get by on ham sandwiches and soda but there is nothing like eating a pot roast or pasta dish you made yourself, and the characters in video games tend to think so too as many of them like to eat just like you and me. ;)

• Platinum a game which has a cooking element in it (EX: Any game in the Tales of series, Disgaea 5, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game which has you do a cooking mini-game. (EX: Kingdom Hearts 3, Overcooked 2, etc.)

#DANCESINGWITHME: Music in video games is amazing, isn't it? It makes you want to get up and spin... er, dance a jolly jig sometimes. Maybe you want to hum or sing to your favorite song. One Youtuber even added lyrics to popular songs like Undertale's Megalovania! :D

• Platinum a game which has a really amazing soundtrack
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game with a dancing or rhythm minigame in it or a rhythm game (EX: Beat Saber, Just Dance series, etc.)

#CRAFTWITHME: As one crafter in a popular MMO said, "Sometimes the best things are the things you create yourself" and crafting in video games is always a chore but gives out very amazing(and sometimes mandatory to the plot) rewards like powerful weapons, armor and tools for your adventurers to progress in the difficulty spikes ahead. Other times crafting, like in Animal Crossing, is just for utility but it's still rewarding nonetheless.

• Platinum a game which has a crafting mechanic in it (EX: Minecraft, Terraria, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game which has a trophy requiring you to craft (EX: Dragon Quest XI, Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, etc.)

#HANGOUTWITHME: While we can't hang out in groups anymore, the Internet has made socialization not too difficult with face-cam and whatnot. Video game characters never have to worry about being quarantined(unless you're Yuna from FFX-2, Chapter 4) so they can hang out freely with each other. While it may seem cruel to torture a person forced to live alone and only talk to people via facecam with virtual people chatting in a diner face-to-face, I'm sure some of these people will not envy these virtual characters.

• Platinum a game having a socialization aspect to it (EX: Persona 5 Royal, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game with multiplayer trophies (EX: Call of Duty, Fortnite, etc.)

#READWITHME: While some games aren't really considered the sort due to their limited interactivity and easy platinum pops because you just have to complete the stories, I try to think of these games as their title implies: VISUAL novels. I have read a lot of books(mostly involving cats and murder mysteries) but putting the controller down and reading the text as it scrolls by is relaxing at times. And hey, they give free trophies! ;)

• Platinum a visual novel type game (EX: The Wolf Among Us, A Winter's Daydream, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a visual novel which requires you to watch every ending for a trophy. (EX: X-Blaze Code: Embyro, One Night Stand, etc.)

#GETREADYWITHME: Sometimes it seems like you do not really need to shave, shower or groom yourself, but it's vital you keep your health up by practicing good hygiene habits and grooming yourself from time to time. While it's difficult to get a home haircut or manicure, it won't hurt to keep your clothes clean and change them up once in a while.

• Platinum a game which has customization options or extra outfits that your characters can wear or change their colors (EX: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Disgaea 4 Complete+, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game which gives you a trophy for unlocking every alternate outfit. (Dragon Quest XI is the only game I can think of.)

#SOLVEWITHME: My grandmother on my mom's side was never away from home much and she didn't have digital games(in fact, she had a very primitive TV and that was it) so when I was a kid and visiting her house, I would play with her huge 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles. Puzzles and word searches are a good way to unwind after a long day of... nothing.

• Platinum a game which has puzzles in it (EX: Any Artifex Mundi game)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game which requires you to do nothing but solve puzzles (EX: Any POWGI game, any Pic-A-Pix game, etc.)

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: We can't go to the movies but we can watch movies from home with Netflix and Hulu, so why not play a game based around your favorite movies? Of course, if you aren't into movies, but love sports, that works too as channels like ESPN do have archives of famous sporting events. ;)

• Platinum a game based around a movie, a TV show or a sports game (EX: Any movie franchise game, any EA Sports game, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a very difficult sports game

#BONDWITHME: Family is important in these dark times so why not watch virtual families bond? (Theme idea given by @kingofbattle8174)

• Platinum a game where the main character has a family (Persona 4 Golden, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game where one or more of the family members of the cast are playable characters (God of War[2018], Disgaea D2, etc.)

#WORKOUTWITHME: You have to keep in shape even at home so take a page from these characters who go and hike, battle and stay active. And maybe move yourself!

• Platinum a game which has action elements to it, like a Metroidvania or Action RPG (Shovel Knight, Ni no Kuni 2, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum any PSVR title (Luna, Beat Saber, etc.)

#FIGHTWITHME: It sucks not being able to hang out with people and go to the mall, so you tend to get angry. Sometimes video games make you cuss and bite your arm in rage, so why not take out all of that anger on some Heartless/Fiends/Demons/Abominations? :D

• Platinum a game which requires you to kill a ton of enemies for a trophy or two (Disgaea 1 Complete, Dragon Quest Heroes series, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a fighting game (Persona 4 Arena, Blazblue series, etc.)

#TRAVELWITHME: Let's face it, we have our travel plans on hold indefinitely, and I won't ever be able to leave my hometown for a long time, so any plans I had for travelling up the Mississipi are dashed. Still, we can dream our traveling the world with these titles.

• Platinum a game which has a giant world map with a lot of varied towns and cultures (Dragon Quest XI, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game which has an open world mechanic (Minecraft, Ni no Kuni Remastered, etc.)

#GAMEWITHME: This is the easiest challenge to complete. It's basically video gaming your favorite games.

• Platinum a game that you really really want to play
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game with an Ultra Rare Platinum

• Like 1

Before I make my list I have a few questions.

• After making my list am I allowed to platinum them then or do I need to wait until May 1st until I platinum them to count?
  • When it comes to regular challenge & the ultra challenge, can it be either of them or does it have to fit under both? I.E for #WORKOUTWITHME, can it straight up be any PSVR game or does it also have to have action elements? Another one being #HANGOUTWITHME. Can the game have multiplayer trophies & no social aspect but still count for the ultra? Or does it need both?
  • For #STAYHOMEANDWATCH, how difficult is very difficult? I'm terrible at sports games so to me most of them are difficult, would those still count or is there an already set parameter of difficulty? I.E 5/10 & up.
  • For #GETREADYWITHME, would Final Fantasy 7's Remake trophy 'Dressed to the Nines' for getting all bridal dresses count?
  • For #COOKWITHME & #DANCESINGWITHME, do the cooking/rhythm mini games have to have a big importance in the game or can it be a 1 time mini game & still count? For the cooking one, does it have to be a mini game or can it just be your character can cook food, I.E Stardew Valley or Harvest Moon cooking where it cooks automatically if you have the ingredients.
  • For  #SOLVEWITHME's Ultra Challenge, would a Sherlock Holmes game count since it's a mystery game or can it literally have nothing in the game except for puzzles?
  • For #FIGHTWITHME's Ultra Challenge, would a Yakuza game count since all the combat is fighting with combos or does it have to be a pure breed fighting game?
  • Also for #HANGOUTWITHME's Ultra Challenge, can it just be 1 multiplayer trophy or does there need to be multiple? Is there a limit of how many multiplayer trophies it needs to count for the Ultra Challenge?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I understand 100% of everything before making my list & then finding out that what I put for one of the things doesn't qualify & then have to change.

Edited by ObsiEez

6 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

You could always recruit help from other members to help run it. I've done this with others, and it makes it a lot less stressful to run. Especially when you have a lot of participants.

Who knows? If this goes well, maybe some of the participants will volunteer to help next time! Then, you don't have to look very hard! Haha.

Okay, I'll see if anyone wants to back me up and make a spreadsheet or something to help me out.

I am adding a new category on recommendation from Casslyvania as I didn't realize that I had 13 categories. The new category, LEARN, is based around skill mastery so check it out. If you need to update your lists, let me know. ;)

@evilcristy, thanks for moving the post to the second page, I know some people might get confused if they enter the thread and end up here instead of page 1. I know you are eager to help us out.

@Fnee2000, @ObsiEez, welcome to the thread. Fnee, I will put your games on the database. Good luck.

As for you, Obsi, I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability. I know I probably left some things vague and will try to work on making things clearer in the future. :)

• After making my list am I allowed to platinum them then or do I need to wait until May 1st until I platinum them to count?

You will need to wait, like in some of the other events. However, not only, as I said before, do you not need to refrain from playing your games and earning trophies in it before the event start date(as long as you don't earn them all), you are free to keep earning trophies for the game during this period as long as you don't get the last one. You should be able to figure out how many trophies you need to get the platinum. I'm going to be playing my puzzle game(as there are no more trophies to earn in it until I complete blocks of puzzles so I am pretty safe). As long as you don't earn the platinum by accident, you should be fine. Two weeks shouldn't be too long to wait.

• When it comes to regular challenge & the ultra challenge, can it be either of them or does it have to fit under both? I.E for #WORKOUTWITHME, can it straight up be any PSVR game or does it also have to have action elements? Another one being #HANGOUTWITHME. Can the game have multiplayer trophies & no social aspect but still count for the ultra? Or does it need both?

If a game qualifies for one of the challenges, regardless of what it is(Normal or Ultra), it counts. I cited Call of Duty despite it having no NPC social aspects in it because it's a MP game so you are talking with other players. So it counts! Same for WORKOUT: I allowed someone to take Job Simulator even though there are very few action elements in it. If someone wants to PSVR Luna, which has no action elements in it, it still counts as working out as you are working your body out with the VR system. ;)

• For #STAYHOMEANDWATCH, how difficult is very difficult? I'm terrible at sports games so to me most of them are difficult, would those still count or is there an already set parameter of difficulty? I.E 5/10 & up.

*sigh* I will edit that part a bit by stating the difficulty. I forgot that difficulty is relative. :( For the record, I'll say that if the platinum trophy has a difficulty rating of 5 or higher, it counts for the Ultra Challenge.

• For #GETREADYWITHME, would Final Fantasy 7's Remake trophy 'Dressed to the Nines' for getting all bridal dresses count?

I knew FFVIRemake would end up being on a list! xD Anyways, I will allow FFVIIRemake for the Ultra Challenge for this category as it requires you to get all sets of clothes, even if they aren't skins for characters. Any game which has a trophy requiring you to get all of the clothing sets in that game will count for Ultra, so I hope this will help people having trouble getting this category. ;)

• For #COOKWITHME & #DANCESINGWITHME, do the cooking/rhythm mini games have to have a big importance in the game or can it be a 1 time mini game & still count? For the cooking one, does it have to be a mini game or can it just be your character can cook food, I.E Stardew Valley or Harvest Moon cooking where it cooks automatically if you have the ingredients.

Someone asked me about putting Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny in the Ultra Challenge even though the cooking minigame is just time button pressing and I allowed it. The cooking mini-game doesn't have to be mandatory(Kingdom Hearts 3 was cited despite the cooking minigame there being an optional side-quest) and doesn't have to be complicated(like what I told AuroraHistoire about her question), but the only requirement for the Ultra Challenge is that there has to be a cooking minigame, so Stardew Valley or any Harvest Moon game would probably qualify for the Normal Challenge. Gathering ingredients and cooking them are two separate things. I don't want to let anything count or it wouldn't be a challenge, so there has to be at least one restriction.

DANCE is the same way: I will allow Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix as Ultra because of the Ice Cream Beat minigame, but a game has to have a rhythm game mini-game in it to count for the Ultra Trophy. Like the one in FFVIRemake in the spoilerific inn which I don't want to spoil for those who haven't played the game yet. (But with speedruns of the game coming out, people might get spoiled.)

• For  #SOLVEWITHME's Ultra Challenge, would a Sherlock Holmes game count since it's a mystery game or can it literally have nothing in the game except for puzzles?

I'm on the fence about this. Does the mystery game require you to find clues like a real detecitve? If so, I'll allow it so games like Murdered Soul Suspect will count for Ultra .

• For #FIGHTWITHME's Ultra Challenge, would a Yakuza game count since all the combat is fighting with combos or does it have to be a pure breed fighting game?

If the combat smells like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. xD Games which have combo-oriented combat similar to fighting games will count for the Ultra Challenge.

• Also for #HANGOUTWITHME's Ultra Challenge, can it just be 1 multiplayer trophy or does there need to be multiple? Is there a limit of how many multiplayer trophies it needs to count for the Ultra Challenge?

*huff* Well, I don't want to deny Ultra Challenges on a technicality. FIne, I'll edit the post to allow mutliplayer trophies but the game has to have at least one multiplayer trophy to count for Ultra.

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

I can do this for you tomorrow if you like and help you track :) I don’t mind tracking myself since I’m on my PC daily, or if you have gmail I can give you editing access to the google docs tracking sheet (or if you have a preference for another spreadsheet app instead of google docs that’s fine too).

Also I’d like to join but I’ll come up with a list tomorrow (almost sleepy time for me now).

Okay, thanks. I don't mind you handling the tracking. I am listing stuff on a Notepad file but feel free to PM the url for the doc when you get it up. ;)

Also, welcome to the challenge! I can't wait to see what you come up with. ^_^

6 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

STAYHOMEANDWATCH - Would the Sherlock Holmes games work?  While Sherlock Holmes is originally a book series, the books have had numerous TV shows and movies made based off them.  If so I'll use Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

If a game is based off of any former franchise, even if it's a book series, I will allow it for the challenge, even if it's a LEGO game. Yeah, I will probably end up having to put one of the LEGO Harry Potter (Years 5-7) games on the list as Trials of Mana will suck up my life when it comes out. xD While the LEGO Harry Potter games are based off of the movies, the movies were based off the original book series. ;)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rune_Crys said:

For  #SOLVEWITHME's Ultra Challenge, would a Sherlock Holmes game count since it's a mystery game or can it literally have nothing in the game except for puzzles?

I'm on the fence about this. Does the mystery game require you to find clues like a real detecitve? If so, I'll allow it so games like Murdered Soul Suspect will count for Ultra .

Thank you for answering my questions! & as for Sherlock Holmes you do go around finding clues & then piecing those clues together in order to find your suspect (at least that's how it played in Crimes & Punishment since that is the only one I played.)

I also have 1 more question as I forgot. Am I allowed to leave spots blank if I don't have any games or ideas of what could go there & then add onto those themes after the first when I got qualifying games?

I'm also going to start working on my list of games now that all my questions are cleared up! Looking forward to participating in the event!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Thank you for answering my questions! & as for Sherlock Holmes you do go around finding clues & then piecing those clues together in order to find your suspect (at least that's how it played in Crimes & Punishment since that is the only one I played.)

I also have 1 more question as I forgot. Am I allowed to leave spots blank if I don't have any games or ideas of what could go there & then add onto those themes after the first when I got qualifying games?

I'm also going to start working on my list of games now that all my questions are cleared up! Looking forward to participating in the event!

Glad to hear it! I have updated the OP to allow mystery games as an alternative ultra challenge to be fair to people who don't like puzzle games. ;)

@Fnee2000, I've put your list on my database. Don't feel pressured to fill in the blanks right away, you have about two weeks and nobody will hate you if you can't get all of the categories. This is a very relaxed event and no real deadline since some games will take a long time to complete. Just have fun and use this event to help you get over your stir crazy. ;)

@ladynadiad I have updated your list in my database with the games you added and I answered your question about Sherlock Holmes. :D

• Like 1

Ok I think this list will do.  Let me know if anything doesn't work with the theme:

#COOKWITHME: Standard: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (You need to collect the ingredients and then try every type of food in the game)
 #DANCESINGWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Runner3 (rhythm auto runner)
#CRAFTWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (Several trophies tied to item creation)

#HANGOUTWITHME: Standard: Wattam (all about making friends and helping people out)
#READWITHME: Standard: Detroit: Become Human (if this won't count that's fine, I just figured since Telltale's games count this might)
#GETREADYWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Marvel's Spiderman (You have to purchase every costume, all of which look at least moderately different from what I've seen)
#SOLVEWITHME: Ultra Challenge: The Witness
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Ultra Challenge: Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled (could not think of anything else I own, figure racing is a sport)
#BONDWITHME: Ultra Challenge:  Crash Bandicoot 2 (you can play as Crash or his sister, Coco)
#WORKOUTWITHME: Standard: Owlboy (Metroidvania with fighting)
#FIGHTWITHME: Standard : Final Fantasy IX (Bloodlust has you killing 10000 enemies)

#TRAVELWITHME: Ultra Challenge: LA Noire
#GAMEWITHME: Ultra Challenge: Star Ocean: Till the end of time ( Planned as my 100th platinum anyways )

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1

Here's my (tentative) list! Ultimate challenges are in red.

• #COOKWITHME - Subnautica
  • #DANCESINGWITHME - Deponia Doomsday
  • #CRAFTWITHME - Surviving Mars
  • #HANGOUTWITHME - Persona 5 Royal
  • #READWITHME - Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception
  • #LEARNWITHME - Two Point Hospital
  • #GETREADYWITHME - Marvel's Spider-Man
  • #SOLVEWITHME - Zero Time Dilemma
  • #STAYHOMEANDWATCH - Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
  • #BONDWITHME - A Plague Tale: Innocence
  • #WORKOUTWITHME - Outer Wilds
  • #FIGHTWITHME - Resident Evil 2
  • #TRAVELWITHME - Plague Inc: Evolved
  • #GAMEWITHME - Degrees of Separation

What? Why are you all looking at me like that?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

You are free to leave spots blank if you can't decide and fill them in later if you got an idea later on. Of course, there is nothing wrong with not having all of the themes set in stone or even set at all. I'm not going to put a gun to your head and force you to platinum games you hate just for a theme. I even edited the intro post saying something like that. However, if you find a game you really like that fits a theme you had blank, feel free to slap it in, even after the event starts. Just remember that it must fit the theme you are putting it in.

I've updated my database with your lists, @willythom88 and @Cassylvania. Both look like great lists! :D

@willythom88, don't worry about it, it counts. Forgot about Quantic Dream games. Not sure about Heavy Rain as it seems like a novel made up of quick-time events but Detroit works. I've seen so much hype about it. (Not really into those types of games but I will work out something for my READ category. ;)) Also, I'll allow racing games for the challenges in WATCH since I know a few people who love to watch NASSCAR and Crash Racing is pretty cool. (Not a fan of racing games either, the only one I bothered with was Mario Kart 7 because it was free with my 3DS.) xD

@Sefaerys, you are approved. Welcome! Be sure to post a list of the themes you want to do ASAP.

10 hours ago, willythom88 said:

The Witness

Good luck on The Challenge. I tried the game and while it was sort of fun, the Challenge made me a broken man. :( Also, lots of luck on the Star Ocean games. I played the first three Star Oceans and while I loved Star Ocean 2, it was crazy hard. I think I'd rather eat sand than try to platinum any Star Ocean game. xD

Also, both you and Cassylvania put Marvel's Spiderman in GETREADY. Nothing wrong with that! That game was also big hype and, considering it was created by the guys who also created the original Spyro trilogy(and I just finished platinuming the Spyro Reignited Trilogy with Spyro 2) I can't wait to hear your thoughts about how the people behind Spyro the Dragon and Ratchet and Clank(I promise my list will be up soon) handled the Webslinger. (Yes, discussion is permitted once the event begins, I want people to talk about their favorite moments with the games they enjoyed like in other events. ;))

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 1

Alright, dug through my games, finally found a few that should work. Plus another, since another category was added. :P Again, all these are supposed to match the ultra challenge for the category.

#COOKWITHME: Patapon Remastered. It took a lot of searching, but I finally found one with a cooking minigame that isn't long or hard as balls. Rah Gashapon's minigame has you slicing up ingredients for a tasty meal. This'll bring me back to my childhood on the PSP for sure.
#DANCESINGWITHME: Sayonara Wild Hearts.
#CRAFTWITHME: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1.

#HANGOUTWITHME: For Honor.

#READWITHME: Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly.

#LEARNWITHME: Greedfall. There's a few trophies in this game (The art of war, Incomparable Technique, and Magical perfection) that require you to max out skill trees in various areas. I hope this works? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference between the normal and ultra challenge here so I hope this is right.

#GETREADYWITHME: Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

#SOLVEWITHME: Slayaway Camp.

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Onrush. This one is kind of a weird choice, but I don't really own any "real" sports games, and racing is a sport itself, right? It has a 6/10 difficult according to the PSNP guide, and I really really suck at racing games, so it's a hard one for me. Let me know if this doesn't qualify and I'll see what I can do.
#BONDWITHME: The Sims 4. The whole game is about creating and playing as families! Can't believe I didn't think of this one earlier.

#WORKOUTWITHME: Job Simulator.

#FIGHTWITHME: Mortal Kombat 11.

#TRAVELWITHME: Watch_Dogs 2.

#GAMEWITHME: Extinction. I'll be real with you, this game fucking sucks, but that's why I've been eager to play it for a while. I have a ton of fun playing terrible games and shitting all over them with friends, so this should be a lot of fun to finally get into. As of writing, the platinum percentage for this game is 3.32%, which makes it ultra rare.

I hope this works @Rune_Crys! Let me know if there are any issues with my choices.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

I want to participate, is there space for me? If so, I will come with a list as soon as I get greenlighted by @Rune_Crys

Yes, you are 'greenlighted', @maiathewinners. Welcome to the event!

10 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I hope this works @Rune_Crys! Let me know if there are any issues with my choices.

That's a fine list. I thought that you'd pick a game you love for GAME, but I guess if you love to torture yourself on gawd-awful games and be like the Angry Video Game Nerd, that's perfectly fine. You do you. xD

Anyways, I think it's time... for my own list! I have three blanks but will put a reason for each's absence.

•  COOKWITHME: Kingdom Hearts 3 (Ultra) - the Rattatou-- I mean Little Chef's Bistro is pretty easy if you get the right item and the food you create will boost your stats for a limited time and give you bonuses. When speedrunners of this game tout the cooking aspect of it, you know it's good.
  • DANCEWITHME: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (Ultra) - Eh, since I have a lot of Kingdom Hearts games in my backlog, might as well. Got the plat on this in an old account and it has Ice Cream Beat, a really baneful rhythm game which is totally optional... if you are doing it casual. Getting Maestro on Dessert Paradise Master Mode is anything but paradise, but has to be done. Also, I do love the combat mechanics for this game.
  • CRAFTWITHME: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Ultra) - may be streaming parts of this on my Youtube channel; there is a trophy for getting 65% of the Builderpedia's item recipes but I intend to go the distance and try to 100% the whole Builderpedia despite how insane that is. This is one game I intend not to delete as it is really cool.
  • HANGOUTWITHME:  N/A; I did enjoy Persona 4 Golden but not sure if I want to subject myself to that again, and the only multi-player trophy game I might consider is FFXIV, but a lot of people say that it's a nightmare to platinum because of one trophy. Still, I've got lots of MMO experience and if I am going to be in lockdown for months, I might as well take that up again. I really enjoyed that game, but I have to go and work on getting up my Square-Enix account again. *sigh*
  • READWITHME: A Winter's Daydream (Normal, since there are no multiple endings) - this will be the Vita version as I found it for $6 and I need more Vita games in my trophy cabinet. The PS4 version was my first platinum so this will be a milestone for me. ;)
  • GETREADYWITHME: Dragon Quest XI (Normal); unfortunately there is no trophy for unlocking costumes here but some of the armor skins, like Bunny Girl Jade, are pretty cool.
  • SOLVEWITHME: Pic-A-Pix Classic 2 (Ultra); I dug my own grave buying this game thinking it would be quick and easy. Nope, gonna have to slave over my computer to get the picture solutions. I have solved only 10% of the 150 puzzles. X_X
  • LEARNWITHME: N/A; I have to keep digging in my backlog to find skill mastery trophies and the only game I would consider with a skill tree mastery trophy is FFX HD,and I am NOT willing to put up with dodging 200 lightning bolts in the Thunder Plains. :(
  • WATCHWITHME: Ratchet and Clank (2016) (Normal) - in Qwark's words, they made a game based on a movie based on a game. I really liked playing this title, though.
  • BONDWITHME: Going with Modern Tales: Age of Invention (Normal) as the main character's father, who is a scientist, gets kidnapped and she spends the entire adventure trying to find him.
  • WORKOUTWITHME: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (Normal); you train pets to fight by your side and have them compete in Flick Rush... it's almost like Pokemon with Heartless enemies you create from figments of imagination! And it's a Kingdom Hearts game so it's an Action RPG. ;)
  • FIGHTWITHME: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Normal); doing this for the A-Z Platinum Title event and there is a trophy for racking up 500 kills.
  • TRAVELWITHME: Trials of Mana (Normal); had to put this game on the list even though it's not due to be available for a week. Three characters traveling all over the world to find Mana Stones with the help of a giant turtle is pretty much par for the course and I can't wait to see how Buskaboo(JP name) looks in 3D. I may swap this out, however, as there are games I have in my older account library that might fit the ultra challenge.
  • GAMEWITHME: Dark Cloud 2 (Ultra); One of my favorite games for the PS2 and it still has less than 5% rarity even years after it came out on the PSN store!
Edited by Rune_Crys
Updated my list
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rune_Crys said:

You are free to leave spots blank if you can't decide and fill them in later if you got an idea later on. Of course, there is nothing wrong with not having all of the themes set in stone or even set at all. I'm not going to put a gun to your head and force you to platinum games you hate just for a theme. I even edited the intro post saying something like that. However, if you find a game you really like that fits a theme you had blank, feel free to slap it in, even after the event starts. Just remember that it must fit the theme you are putting it in.

I've updated my database with your lists, @willythom88 and @Cassylvania. Both look like great lists! :D

@willythom88, don't worry about it, it counts. Forgot about Quantic Dream games. Not sure about Heavy Rain as it seems like a novel made up of quick-time events but Detroit works. I've seen so much hype about it. (Not really into those types of games but I will work out something for my READ category. ;)) Also, I'll allow racing games for the challenges in WATCH since I know a few people who love to watch NASSCAR and Crash Racing is pretty cool. (Not a fan of racing games either, the only one I bothered with was Mario Kart 7 because it was free with my 3DS.) xD

@Sefaerys, you are approved. Welcome! Be sure to post a list of the themes you want to do ASAP.

Good luck on The Challenge. I tried the game and while it was sort of fun, the Challenge made me a broken man. :( Also, lots of luck on the Star Ocean games. I played the first three Star Oceans and while I loved Star Ocean 2, it was crazy hard. I think I'd rather eat sand than try to platinum any Star Ocean game. xD

Also, both you and Cassylvania put Marvel's Spiderman in GETREADY. Nothing wrong with that! That game was also big hype and, considering it was created by the guys who also created the original Spyro trilogy(and I just finished platinuming the Spyro Reignited Trilogy with Spyro 2) I can't wait to hear your thoughts about how the people behind Spyro the Dragon and Ratchet and Clank(I promise my list will be up soon) handled the Webslinger. (Yes, discussion is permitted once the event begins, I want people to talk about their favorite moments with the games they enjoyed like in other events. ;))

Yeah I don't really care for visual novels either, made that a tough pick till I remembered them : ).

Yeah the star oceans are gonna be long and arduous, I really like Till the end of time though so that shouldn't be too tough.  And if you haven't played Spiderman, it's pretty good ( I wouldn't say it's worth ALL the hype, but it's definitely a fun game).  The Challenge is gonna be a pain for sure last time I played it I learned real quick I'm not the best at the regular puzzles lol, but alas, I've been thinking about it a lot lately.

If you're looking for a novel type thing that's easier to digest, Wales interactive does these weird visual novels type movies.  Late Shift in particular is pretty good.

Okay, here is the Spreadsheet, set up to be as easy to edit as possible so I don't need to do too much to keep track :P

Tracking Spreadsheet

So all I really need to do is check the games (which I've set up as links because that makes it easier, and change any "N"s to "Y"s as games are done. Yay! And the points/games completed will calculate themselves. @Rune_Crys if you ever want editing access, feel free to ask, but it would mean giving your email address to a stranger on the internet, so no worries if not. Also, you can lift the participants limit if you want, since I've made it simple to track so it won't take much work if more people want to join.

Just a couple of questions for people that already have lists (it's not super important as I can edit later if you don't know the answer yet, but it'd help me set up tracking if you do know the version/region you're going for):

@SpaceCoresDad - which region of Sayonara Wild Hearts/Job Simulator are you planning to play? :) And PS4 or Vita for Slayaway Camp? I'm assuming English Vita list of Hyperdimension Neptunia?

@ladynadiad - Akiba's Beat doesn't have any rhythm elements to it (which I was disappointed by as it makes it seem like it does). Do you still want it there or do you want to swap? It'll fit for the basic category, just not the Ultra Challenge. If you do go for it, what region? Also PS4 or Vita for Death Mark?

@Fnee2000 - what region for Our World Is Ended and Fifty Words by POWGI?

@willythom88 - what region for Wattam? And PS4 or PS3 for LA Noire?

@Cassylvania - what region for P5R, Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, Outer Wilds and Degrees of Separation? And PS3 or PS4 version of KH: BBS?

@Rune_Crys - PS3 or PS4 version of KH: BBS?

Now to come up with my own list......one helpful thing about making this sheet has been that I have some ideas from games others have chosen :P

• Like 3

@Rune_Crys, my brother and I were talking about how interesting your event was and noticed that #BONDWITHME's ultra challenge is pretty much the same as the regular challenge...

• Platinum a game where the main character has a family (Persona 4 Golden, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game where one or more of the family members of the cast are playable characters (God of War[2018], Disgaea D2, etc.)

If they have a family, wouldn't you by default be playing as one or more family members of the cast? Just my opinion, but I think a better ultra challenge would be that the game needs to include romancing options or where family is the main theme of the game or something like that. Seems like a gimme right now because just about every game fits into this category AND its ultra challenge.

Totally a suggestion though. Not trying to criticize you or anything like that because like I stated at the beginning, I think this is a cool event and hope it does well.

• Like 1

Okay, my list for the event!

• #COOKWITHME - Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (UC) - if KH3 and Rune Factory can count, MHW also has cooking with items that requires you to set up a spit and cook meat to precise timing to end up with the best food, or you can burn it. So it counts, right?
  • #DANCESINGWITHME - Yakuza Kiwami (UC) - someone correct me if I'm wrong but there's a karaoke minigame that's rhythm-based, right?
  • #CRAFTWITHME - Shadow of the Tomb Raider (UC)
  • #HANGOUTWITHME - 3on3 Freestyle (UC)
  • #READWITHME - Steins;Gate (UC)
  • #LEARNWITHME - Batman: Arkham Origins (UC)
  • #GETREADYWITHME - Marvel's Spider-Man (UC)
  • #SOLVEWITHME - The Swapper (UC) - I think this game is entirely solving puzzles, right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • #WATCHWITHME - Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time
  • #BONDWITHME - Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz (UC) - apparently MeeMee is AiAi's wife, and Baby is their kid. Learned something new today...
  • #WORKOUTWITHME - Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • #FIGHTWITHME - Brawlhalla (UC)
  • #TRAVELWITHME - Mad Max (UC)
  • #GAMEWITHME - Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (UC) (I couldn't find any other category for this...but it's UR so at least it works here)

Managed to find Ultra-Challenges for everything except for Workout, since I don't own a VR, and StayHomeAndWatch (which I've just been renaming as #WATCHWITHME since it fits the style of the other category names more) since I don't play sports games as I suck at them, though I could probably squeeze a racing game in there I guess.

Have you considered having two options for Workout, like with "#SOLVEWITHME" since not everyone owns/can afford a VR? Perhaps games that include something exercise-themed like training at a gym (e.g. Digimon World) or a trophy related to a workout activity (e.g. pull-ups/squats in Final Fantasy VII Remake)?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Have you considered having two options for Workout, like with "#SOLVEWITHME" since not everyone owns/can afford a VR? Perhaps games that include something exercise-themed like training at a gym (e.g. Digimon World) or a trophy related to a workout activity (e.g. pull-ups/squats in Final Fantasy VII Remake)?

*gruffiiti likes this idea*

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

@Fnee2000 - what region for Our World Is Ended and Fifty Words by POWGI?

Our World is Ended will be the NA version, Fifty Words by POWGI will be the EU version. However, I may be changing from Fifty Words now that I saw a crime solving game can be used.

Also, the Diablo III is the Reaper of Soul edition on PS3 https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2808-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls . I know I have the regular version started on PS3 but I recently picked up a copy of D3: Reaper of Souls on PS3 and would rather play that version.

@Cassylvania - what region for P5R, Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, Outer Wilds and Degrees of Separation? And PS3 or PS4 version of KH: BBS?

All my games will be NA and PS4.

I might come up with a different game to replace KH:BBS, since it's the only one that doesn't fit my mask/disease/isolation theme. The problem is I don't have very many movie-based games. I could put Spider-Man there, but I'd need a replacement for outfits. @Rune_Crys Does wrestling count for #WATCHWITHME? Not that I'd play a wrestling game, but the main character in Guacamelee is a luchador.

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@Rune_Crys, my brother and I were talking about how interesting your event was and noticed that #BONDWITHME's ultra challenge is pretty much the same as the regular challenge...

• Platinum a game where the main character has a family (Persona 4 Golden, etc.)
  • Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game where one or more of the family members of the cast are playable characters (God of War[2018], Disgaea D2, etc.)

If they have a family, wouldn't you by default be playing as one or more family members of the cast? Just my opinion, but I think a better ultra challenge would be that the game needs to include romancing options or where family is the main theme of the game or something like that. Seems like a gimme right now because just about every game fits into this category AND its ultra challenge.

I thought the same thing. I guess it depends on how you define "playable," since some games feature characters that you don't immediately control.

Another option would be to change the ultra challenge to playing as two or more playable characters.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

which region of Sayonara Wild Hearts/Job Simulator are you planning to play? :) And PS4 or Vita for Slayaway Camp? I'm assuming English Vita list of Hyperdimension Neptunia?

NA version of Sayonara Wild Hearts and Job Sim. PS4 for Slayaway Camp, and yes, English Vita version of Neptunia. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Fnee2000 said:

Also, the Diablo III is the Reaper of Soul edition on PS3 https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2808-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls . I know I have the regular version started on PS3 but I recently picked up a copy of D3: Reaper of Souls on PS3 and would rather play that version.

My bad! Didn't realise there was more than one version! Fixed for you!

Also I'll leave Fifty Words as is, but if you change just post here and I'll update then :)

I updated everyone else so far since the spreadsheet post too :)

• Like 1