Are Missing Timestamps a big deal?

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

No glitches. They’re from earning a trophy before connecting to PSN or losing the internal clock due to a dead battery after connecting to PSN. 

They only matter if you care about your “milestones.”

But in your opinion, do the Missing Timestamps matter or as long as I earned the trophies?

Edited by Darthy09

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

My opinion means nothing at all. Ask some members around here. 1f61c.png

If you’re asking if you’ll get flagged for them, no. Unless they’re some kind of trophy which can’t be earned unless you’re connected to PSN. 

But the trophies are still earned despite the Missing Timestamps, right? All I care about is earning trophies, the time earning them doesn't really matter to me.

Edited by Darthy09

11 minutes ago, Darthy09 said:

But the trophies are still earned despite the Missing Timestamps, right? All I care about is earning trophies, the time earning them doesn't really matter to me.

Yes, they're officially earned. "Missing timestamps" means PSN Network can't determine the date they were earned. If you look at them on your console, you'll see they have no date shown, but are still unlocked. This happens for a few reasons, some already mentioned. Because this site uses the data taken from PSN Network, it shows as a missing timestamp. 

• Like 1

Some people do tend to look at missing timestamp trophies, wondering if they were cheated or something. Especially if you have a lot (1000+) like I did on my old account, that's one of the reasons I made a new one & abandoned my old account. ? But it's really only something to worry about if you care about accurate milestones, or others wondering if your account is legit or not. :hmm:

Personally I do find them a big deal (which is why I made a new account), I'd be incredibly pissed if I somehow got one on my current account (which is possible with a Vita/PSTV).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Yes, they're officially earned. "Missing timestamps" means PSN Network can't determine the date they were earned. If you look at them on your console, you'll see they have no date shown, but are still unlocked. This happens for a few reasons, some already mentioned. Because this site uses the data taken from PSN Network, it shows as a missing timestamp. 

Do you honestly think that Missing Timestamps are a big deal? Like you said, the trophies with Missing Timestamps are still officially earned, so that's all that matters in the end, right?

5 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I have missing timestamps, so no, they're not a big deal.

Sometimes I wish my "real" first trophy was what my milestone actually showed. 

Your real first trophy was a Missing Timestamp? So your first trophy milestone isn't actually your real first trophy and instead, a trophy you got after your real first Missing Timestamp one?

Edited by Darthy09

My first trophy ever was :bronze: The Longest Night.

However, ANY missing timestamps are always grouped as the first trophies on this site, usually in a randomized ordering. Depending on when they're earned, they can either push your other trophies forward, such as your 500th trophy changing to your 501st, with the missing(s) listed as the first one(s). If the missing timestamps were actually the first ones ever earned (such as my case) they can still show in the wrong order.

There's nothing you can do about it. If it bugs you, start a new account; if not continue on. Only you can make that choice.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

However, ANY missing timestamps are always grouped as the first trophies on this site, usually in a randomized ordering. Depending on when they're earned, they can either push your other trophies forward, such as your 500th trophy changing to your 501st, with the missing(s) listed as the first one(s). If the missing timestamps were actually the first ones ever earned (such as my case) they can still show in the wrong order.

There's nothing you can do about it. If it bugs you, start a new account; if not continue on. Only you can make that choice.

Does this issue bug you so much to the point that you'll start a new account or will you just stick with your current account and move on? I strongly believe that I'm going to stick with my account because of all the work and money that's been put into it.

Lol I got over 700 missing timestamps. My first platinum was LEGO: Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, but on here it says my first platinum was Modern Warfare 2, which sounds cooler ? my first trophy does come from Tekken 6, but it was not No Pressure. If I remember correctly, my first ever trophy was Arcade Addict. Milestones are cool and all, but they are not important to me. Timestamps normally don't either, But if I look at them long enough they will lmao

35 minutes ago, Darthy09 said:

Does this issue bug you so much to the point that you'll start a new account or will you just stick with your current account and move on?

As I stated earlier, "they're not a big deal."

Otherwise I would have done something about it a long time ago. My opinion on my account shouldn't matter to you, it's what you think about them on your profile you should care about. 

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/04/2020 at 0:54 AM, Darthy09 said:

How do Missing Timestamps occur anyway and do they create any glitches or is earning the trophies all that matters despite there being no earned date? See the pic below for reference.

I personnaly have missing timestamp on Virtua Tennis 2009 (PS3)

How it happened ?

My first PS3 died, so I bought a new one in a bundle with virtua tennis 2009.

At that time, i was a student without internet in my student room (i could connect to the internet during weekend when i was back to my parent's home).

Obviously i started to play the game without internet, so without connecting to sony's server with my new PS3.

And so now it shows missing timestamp on the game, of course on the easiest trophies (the first ones you get when playing a new game ^^)

Sadly on PSNP they don't feel like it is something legit i guess ... and because of that i'm not in the leaderboard for this game (i'm supposed to be number 18 in first platinum/100% achievers ... but i'm not =/ ) ... just because i did the easiest trophies offline on a new PS3 ^^'

I think it's easy to see what happened in my case, but still treated for that like a cheater =/

Edited by seblegamer

46 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

Sadly on PSNP they don't feel like it is something legit i guess ... and because of that i'm not in the leaderboard for this game

You're not flagged, nor do you even have a report on you, so I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about.

You're in the overall points leaderboard and ranked 18th on https://psnprofiles.com/game-leaderboard/119-virtua-tennis-2009 and recognized as the 18th person to achieve the platinum noted on https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/119-virtua-tennis-2009/1-platinum

If you mean the 100% Club, it has nothing to do with labeling you as a cheater, but it's impossible to calculate your rank there with missing timestamps, since "time" is a factor for things like fastest achiever list, etc.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

If you mean the 100% Club, it has nothing to do with labeling you as a cheater, but it's impossible to calculate your rank there with missing timestamps, since "time" is a factor for things like fastest achiever list, etc.

Yes i mean about the 100% club :)

Agreed for not being able to calculate time for the "fastest achievers" leaderboard ... but for the "1st achievers" ... i don't see why i can't be in it like i am in the platinum one :o

On 27/04/2020 at 1:28 AM, B1rvine said:

Wouldnt be much better if this site would "fix" the trophy milestones so they cant be changed once they are set ? Like once your First Trophy milestone is attached to trophy X it wouldnt be moved no matter what? That way you can have missing timestamps and it would never mess up your milestones.

Edited by Montyzu

2 hours ago, seblegamer said:

i don't see why i can't be in it like i am in the platinum one :o

Possibly, but complicated.

Some users have platinums that happen to be missing timestamps, which would lead to errors. 

100% Club is meant for games with DLC, and it would possibly be hard to determine if a missing timestamp trophy is before / after the plat if not tied to the base game, and making it difficult to know if it's the final trophy, thus where they would be in the fastest / first / latest categories.

Finally, having a different number of users in each column may look sloppy. 

1 hour ago, Montyzu said:

Wouldnt be much better if this site would "fix" the trophy milestones so they cant be changed once they are set ? Like once your First Trophy milestone is attached to trophy X it wouldnt be moved no matter what? That way you can have missing timestamps and it would never mess up your milestones.

That's a great idea. Still, people like myself have never had it display properly, we'd need an option to set it. 

Edited by B1rvine

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

Possibly, but complicated.

Some users have platinums that happen to be missing timestamps, which would lead to errors. 

100% Club is meant for games with DLC, and it would possibly be hard to determine if a missing timestamp trophy is before / after the plat if not tied to the base game, and making it difficult to know if it's the final trophy, thus where they would be in the fastest / first / latest categories.

Finally, having a different number of users in each column may look sloppy. 

That's a great idea. Still, people like myself have never had it display properly, we'd need an option to set it. 

For 1st achiever :

- if platinum is not a missing time stamp, there is no prob

- if it's a missing one, put it in last place in leaderboard

For fastest achievers columns :

- if there is any missing, just put in last place all users concerned with "Missing timestamps" instead of a time

That way you are shown in both columns ... same number of users for both ... and no one is removed due to this bug ^^

• 3 years later...

They don't matter but are annoying, mine stem from a PSN outage in 2013 and I wasn't connected to the internet thus trophies earned in both R&C Into the Nexus and MGS2: Sons of Liberty have missing timestamps.  I created a new 100% only account and made Into the Nexus my first Platinum on it because I didn't like it saying I got the Platinum on this account but not the time frame due to the missing times on it.   Its more of a nuisance for yourself more than anything, but no one is going to penalising for having them.

• 4 months later...

Yeah this just happened to me for a second time after firing up my Vita for the first time since June. Had to set the clock again and I never connected to PSN before playing Hyperdimension Neptunia for 90 minutes or so. I'm currently on a 7 hour train ride and finally managed to connect to the trains Wifi. Of course the trophies I popped are all missing timestamps. Happened previously when I earned a couple of Sorcery Saga trophies while on a plane. Again, first time firing my Vita up in awhile. 

So I take it if I ever fire up my Vita again after ages and need to set the clock, I should then go ahead and sync with the PSN before anything else?

1 minute ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Yeah this just happened to me for a second time after firing up my Vita for the first time since June. Had to set the clock again and I never connected to PSN before playing Hyperdimension Neptunia for 90 minutes or so. I'm currently on a 7 hour train ride and finally managed to connect to the trains Wifi. Of course the trophies I popped are all missing timestamps. Happened previously when I earned a couple of Sorcery Saga trophies while on a plane. Again, first time firing my Vita up in awhile. 

So I take it if I ever fire up my Vita again after ages and need to set the clock, I should then go ahead and sync with the PSN before anything else?

Correct, always sign-into PSN first, after either changing the battery or having not played for a long time.

• Like 2