Trophy Thoughts?

ObsiEez

Man, watching that video up there actually changed my mind about playing this. The game looks pretty ugly, for one, with lots of clipping, and the courses don't even look fun. Im not sure if it's because of the perspective or what, but the course may as well be flat. 

I know this guy is kinda breaking the way the game is supposed to be played by shooting off course and skipping most of the level, but it kinda sucks that that is even an option. It should count as out of bounds when that happens. 

And definitely not for $20

On 11/05/2020 at 10:30 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Seems fun. Definitely getting this. We need more games that encourage MP/Co-Op that aren't shooters every single time.

I agree! More games need to be about just having fun. It doesn't always have to be about shooting your enemies!

On 13/05/2020 at 5:27 PM, MagusCreed said:

What are you talking about?  I certainly didn't go insane trying to get 3 Condors on the same exact hole over and over!

Oh I hated that on E.golf. The game was fun for a while but after spending 10-15hrs going for Condors, finally getting one only for it not to count towards the three because it glitched, that was infuriating.

I love golf games though so will be picking this up. I've platted Rory, Golf Club, Dog Gone Golfing. I even 100%ed Infinite Minigolf. I'll play these games regardless of trophies. 

Is the game worth €20 / $ 20? It feels a bit steep tbh. 

There is a launch edition in the store that included a DLC pack. This will be available for a limited time and after that it will be separated frons each other. So after that you only get the game for twenty.

15 minutes ago, ConAir said:

Is the game worth €20 / $ 20? It feels a bit steep tbh. 

It depends.

I would say yes, at the moment. The game's true challenge is trying to finish each course with a par score. This sounds easy but a lot of the holes are very complex and need practice/experimentation.

I spent a few hours on the game yesterday and so far have only 'completed' the trophy for the Forest course. I was getting better at the Twilight course before bed (+5).

The price will feel the least value for those who inevitably find the hole solutions somewhere online and sail through in 2-3 hrs.

Online play is fun but not essential.i tried a couple of matches. It was ok but badly needs patching so that the starting position of the golf ball varies on the tee box. That way players can't just learn the holes the same way as in single player.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JPageMartin36 said:

It depends.

I would say yes, at the moment. The game's true challenge is trying to finish each course with a par score. This sounds easy but a lot of the holes are very complex and need practice/experimentation.

I spent a few hours on the game yesterday and so far have only 'completed' the trophy for the Forest course. I was getting better at the Twilight course before bed (+5).

The price will feel the least value for those who inevitably find the hole solutions somewhere online and sail through in 2-3 hrs.

Online play is fun but not essential.i tried a couple of matches. It was ok but badly needs patching so that the starting position of the golf ball varies on the tee box. That way players can't just learn the holes the same way as in single player.

It sounds like you need to practice / have a bit of skill to finish the game. I didn't really expect that from the videos I saw.

FYI, I'm not into quick video walkthroughs. I like to discover each game on my own. If I missed a Trophy I will check guides or videos where to get it. 

Btw, the multiplayer Trophy can be done online or with a second controller?

1 hour ago, ConAir said:

It sounds like you need to practice / have a bit of skill to finish the game. I didn't really expect that from the videos I saw.

FYI, I'm not into quick video walkthroughs. I like to discover each game on my own. If I missed a Trophy I will check guides or videos where to get it. 

Btw, the multiplayer Trophy can be done online or with a second controller?

I just played one random game online against someone, trophy popped in 2 mins flat.

I've completed 5 of the 10 courses now. Each one has taken me 2-3 hrs to slowly master the holes and then execute the killer playthrough. It's a really good challenge this. Enjoying it. The hole designs are genius.

I have revised my opinion to.. 'definitely' worth the money.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2020 at 3:30 AM, JPageMartin36 said:

I love golf games though so will be picking this up. I've platted Rory, Golf Club, Dog Gone Golfing. I even 100%ed Infinite Minigolf. I'll play these games regardless of trophies. 

Looks like we've got similar tastes in golf games, so how is the gameplay in this? I'm interested if it's like normal golf, where you line up the shot and putt. But from online clips, it looks like there's a bunch of tricks and boosts you can do with the ball after you hit it (similar to Rory's challenge modes). Are these necessary to shoot under par? 

Also, I realize what the name of the game is, but can I just get the majority of these trophies playing solo? 

Thanks for any help you can provide! 

26 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Looks like we've got similar tastes in golf games, so how is the gameplay in this? I'm interested if it's like normal golf, where you line up the shot and putt. But from online clips, it looks like there's a bunch of tricks and boosts you can do with the ball after you hit it (similar to Rory's challenge modes). Are these necessary to shoot under par? 

Also, I realize what the name of the game is, but can I just get the majority of these trophies playing solo? 

Thanks for any help you can provide! 

I think boosts are mainly for online battle play. You can do tricks like bouncing the ball on water but these only tend to pop up once or twice a round and they don't hurt the game.

I think you can figure out how to do spin and one or two other things but I haven't been doing that. 

As far as I know, there's only 1 trophy you do in MP and it doesn't take long.

• Like 1

Honestly, it's harder than it looks, even while watching a guide on youtube. I did forest and museum first shot without any problem, but for twillight, pirate cove and oasie I looked a video online for a few tips on some holes. Probably gonna do the same for the 5 left. Some of them are a nightmare (worms...). But nothing impossible with practice. It's a fun game to play with others. The Dunk and hockey mode is awesome too.

• Like 1

The guides on YouTube help for sure but since the aiming mechanism is a little different on PS4 it is much harder to line up the shots. On PC, there is a thin white line that extends from the ball that allows you to aim but on PS4 it is a yellow arrow extended from the ball. This makes it a little harder to match up exactly with the PC walkthroughs. When I followed the Forest walkthrough I ended up with a 49 (Need to beat 50). I had 1 shot to spare. The walkthrough video score was 19. 

I will be trying some of the other courses tonight. The remaining trophies are very easy. This leaves 9 difficult trophies to get the platinum. I would personally rate it a 4 or 5 out of 10. I may get around to writing a guide at some point but realistically following other users' YouTube videos is your best bet. I've looked through the game and there are no settings you can alter that will make this any easier than simply playing the game.

Edited by johnclark12
  • Like 1

I've got just Space, Museum, and Worms to go. Strangely no trophy for the Volcano course?

Hardest thing for me are the water bouncing bits. Pressing X to jump doesn't immediately jump the ball. The response time is out of sync with the controller. Only poor thing about the game.

Hole 16 of Candyland (water) kept ruining my round for a while.

I just completed Ancient in under par despite dropping 4 shots on the second water hole (it's either hole 7 or 8).

• Like 1

I tried to do Haunted last night for about 2 hours but could not get it. The PC video guides don't help because you can't zoom in to aim like PC, use the same aiming mechanism, or seemingly dunk the ball into the hole. The PS4 version will not drop the ball into the hole regardless of the speed like on PC, if you have too much power it will go over the hole. Many PC guides bank on you being able to dunk into the hole or even use the jump trick which is not enabled on PS4.

The 16th hole on the Space level is driving me mad. Literally can't make the damn ball jump to the flag area.

Edit - done it. 

Shot 1 - 75% power straight down the middle

Shot 2 - 75% power straight down the middle and hope you can bounce it once on the water

Edited by JPageMartin36

For those who are going for the under par trophies, I highly recommend the YouTube videos by 'Dwaggienite'. He takes a smart approach to the holes and since he is playing on XB1/PS4 the aiming mechanism is the exact same. 

I did Forest, Museum & Twilight both on my first try thanks to the videos and just completed Ancient on my second attempt. Looking at the rarity levels, Ancient is one of the hardest courses so I would say 2 attempts is pretty good. I am going to try and knock out the other ones this weekend, will update on how that goes. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, johnclark12 said:

For those who are going for the under par trophies, I highly recommend the YouTube videos by 'Dwaggienite'. He takes a smart approach to the holes and since he is playing on XB1/PS4 the aiming mechanism is the exact same. 

I did Forest, Museum & Twilight both on my first try thanks to the videos and just completed Ancient on my second attempt. Looking at the rarity levels, Ancient is one of the hardest courses so I would say 2 attempts is pretty good. I am going to try and knock out the other ones this weekend, will update on how that goes. 

Will keep this in mind thank you!

I did the first 6 courses without videos but have run out of energy now and am finishing off the last 4 armed with vids. That being said, Ancient and Space still gave me massive headaches even with the videos (because of the water holes constantly ruining my round).

Worm is the only one I have left, still giving me a bit of trouble even with video guide.

EDIT - I got it thanks to Ghostzapper's YouTube video. Platinum #145 complete. I probably will not write a guide because I would be mostly copying and pasting YouTube video links into the guide, but feel free to reach out if you need any assistance with this one! 

Edited by johnclark12

2 hours ago, SolidJD said:

Anyone got tips for getting par on the courses?

Yes, look at some YouTube guides that get under par and match your aim/power exactly as they have it in the video. Most of the courses will easily be done in one try using this method. If not, you should get everything in 2-3 playthroughs max. Doing this legit on your own will take some experimenting to see which shots are efficient. Save yourself some time and watch YouTube. Scroll above for some exact users' YouTube videos.