Beyond Blue

Cobby

As soon as I saw this game I knew I would buy it asap. Such an important topic to bring to people's attention and to do so via interactive media is genius. Now I only hope they will change their minds and make a physical version for PS 4! Games like these deserve to be preserved for posterity. 

And regarding the trophies, I really want to dive in as soon as possible but I'm worried about buggy/glitched/unobtainable/missable trophies. Has anyone managed to unlock them all yet? I know it just came out but many of these types of games have easy and straightforward trophy lists, although I don't know about this one. Scanning everything seems like it could be time-consuming though depending on how much there is to do. It seems fantastic and immersive and I love that it's a non-violent experience promoting coexistence and understanding other animals aside from ourselves. 

Edit: I just noticed that a few people have already gotten 100% trophies so it's doable and doesn't take that long according to their PSN profiles yay. I can't wait to start it up as soon as possible!

Edited by Cosmokeeper

30 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

As soon as I saw this game I knew I would buy it asap. Such an important topic to bring to people's attention and to do so via interactive media is genius. Now I only hope they will change their minds and make a physical version for PS 4! Games like these deserve to be preserved for posterity. 

And regarding the trophies, I really want to dive in as soon as possible but I'm worried about buggy/glitched/unobtainable/missable trophies. Has anyone managed to unlock them all yet? I know it just came out but many of these types of games have easy and straightforward trophy lists, although I don't know about this one. Scanning everything seems like it could be time-consuming though depending on how much there is to do. It seems fantastic and immersive and I love that it's a non-violent experience promoting coexistence and understanding other animals aside from ourselves. 

I didn't have any problem obtaining any of the trophies (already platinumed) I havennt gotten a proper count yet but there are probobly about 400 to 500 sea creatures that you will need to scan. BUT it wont take that long and the games minimap will show you gray/ white circles that indicate a sea creature in need of scanning. Some of them are hard to see on the minimap though so you will have to look carefully. It took me around almost 4 hours to plat it as i knew where everything was already. But as i've said 100% on xbone and PS4 with no problems with anything popping so you should be good to go! Also Games Amazing!

• Like 1

I'm loving the game so far but have hit 2 gamebreaking glitches, the first which happens a lot :(:

1: The :cross: button stops working at random intervals, thus preventing me from accessing any of the menus or even being able to save.

2: This has only happened once so far but the final mission of Dive 2, broke and prevented me from finishing it due to the objective marker vanishing and failing to bring up the final objective which was to scan the baby Sperm Whale and listen to its song :(. I had to redo the Dive from scratch, to fix the problem.

EDIT: More glitches:

1: The A Little Insight trophy glitched and wouldn't pop until I watched the first video again.

2: The Open Ocean map keeps glitching out and making everything go invisible, until I return to the sub and come back again.

3: There's now a permanent scannable item icon on my screen in the Atol - Night map that won't go away.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

This is why I don't buy games from indie studios on release.

They always are a buggy mess when it comes to trophies!

I solved the above glitch by restarting my PS4

But now all my maps have zero markers on them to tell me there are unscanned animals.

Problem is Remora is on 3/9 on the log.

2 hours ago, Smash41 said:

This is why I don't buy games from indie studios on release.

They always are a buggy mess when it comes to trophies!

I solved the above glitch by restarting my PS4

But now all my maps have zero markers on them to tell me there are unscanned animals.

Problem is Remora is on 3/9 on the log.

If i remember right the remora are on the underside of whale sharks and dont appear on the minimap as markers. You will just have to search for the sharks again to locate them.

Just finished this up.  If you're on the fence, I would definitely recommend.  It's a short but lovely game.  The gameplay is simplistic- you're mostly going around scanning ocean life, but the game really shines through its story and characters.  The documentary clips were also a nice touch- each one is about 2 mins long and they're all really interesting.  If you're a fan of Blue Planet/Planet Earth, Endless Ocean, or Abzu, I see no reason why you wouldn't enjoy this as well.

4.5 hours to platinum, but I wasn't rushing.  Could easily take shorter or longer depending on how diligent you are with scanning the creatures.  Everything else unlocks automatically and you can go back to scan anything you missed after the story via free roam.

Edited by Morgaenna

• 8 months later...