PSA: This version has no online trophies!

ElevExplorer64

I recently got the platinum in the Chinese PS Vita version of Rayman Legends, and I have good news. You know those annoying online challenges that no one asked for? They're not present in this version! And unlike the Chinese PS4 version, the online was never added in at a later date, meaning you can also have 100% completion while completely offline!

In case you're wondering, the Awesomeness trophy is unlocked by collecting every cup in the game (total of 4,134 points). Much easier than the endless grind in the other versions.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

I recently got the platinum in the Chinese PS Vita version of Rayman Legends, and I have good news. You know those annoying online challenges that no one asked for? They're not present in this version! And unlike the Chinese PS4 version, the online was never added in at a later date, meaning you can also have 100% completion while completely offline!

In case you're wondering, the Awesomeness trophy is unlocked by collecting every cup in the game (total of 4,134 points). Much easier than the endless grind in the other versions.

Good for people that want to quickly plat this game but apart from the music levels i thought the challenges were the best part of this game

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Good for people that want to quickly plat this game but apart from the music levels i thought the challenges were the best part of this game

Personally, I also really enjoyed the challenges, but I still felt like the platinum trophy took way longer than necessary.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

Personally, I also really enjoyed the challenges, but I still felt like the platinum trophy took way longer than necessary.

True but if i remember rightly it only took about an hour or so each day to complete the daily and weekly challenges so it didnt seem that much of an awful grind imo. I only got 2 diamonds and came to the game couple years after it came out and there wernt many people playing it then. I imagine when it got released and then again when it was free on plus it was easier getting diamond and getting the plat alot quicker

If I remember correctly, doing both daily challenges took about 10-30 minutes a day. I definitely agree that the grind could have been much, much worse. In fact, grinding out 1,000,000 Lums in this version completely offline (which took roughly 6 hours) was by far one of the most tedious things I've ever done for a trophy. When doing the other versions, I didn't have to go out of my way to grind Lums since I got them naturally from the challenges.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
32 minutes ago, namcorad1988 said:

How did you grind the lums? Any advice for fastest kind of grinding?

After collecting all the creatures, I collected all the Lums in the room, then set the Vita's time ahead by one day to make the Lums respawn. I repeated this process until I got 1,000,000 Lums. I had about 500,000 Lums before the grind, so this took me about 5 hours.

It was incredibly tedious, but at least it can be done offline. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/06/2020 at 5:59 PM, ElevExplorer64 said:

By "every cup" - is that both the lum and teensy cups for each level? Was trying to get all the lums in one of the 8 bit music levels last night and it seems to be quite a pain. Hoping i maybe don't need to do it.. playing this game on the vita is killing my hand 

Edited by BeautifulTorment

On 2021-09-16 at 7:59 AM, BeautifulTorment said:

By "every cup" - is that both the lum and teensy cups for each level? Was trying to get all the lums in one of the 8 bit music levels last night and it seems to be quite a pain. Hoping i maybe don't need to do it.. playing this game on the vita is killing my hand 

Can you keep us posted on your progress on this? It totally flew under my radar that this game had no online in this version (although eBay prices are kinda nuts so....)

Is this version playable in English? I don't suppose the Korean version also works?

On 11/09/2021 at 7:05 PM, BeautifulTorment said:

Can anyone who has done this please help me with understanding what is required to collect in this version? Should I be going for gold cups on every level and should I be rescuing all of the blue guys as well or is that not necessary for this version?

40 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Can you keep us posted on your progress on this? It totally flew under my radar that this game had no online in this version (although eBay prices are kinda nuts so....)

Is this version playable in English? I don't suppose the Korean version also works?

Can confirm, have played.

If you both have played the normal version of the game, you need to collect all 10 blue guys and get 600/300/100 (depending on the level) yellow lums for every level. Simple enough.

Where this version differentiates is that in the other versions of the game, you have to grind out the remaining awesomeness levels in the online modes to make up the rest of the points from cups, since there's only so many in the campaign. This version however, will give you the remaining points upon completing the game (or getting 100%, can't quite remember) so that you can unlock that trophy.

The only tough part is grinding out 1,000,000 lums, since you don't get this with the online grind, it can take some time to do.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

What wltrsjcwvita said is true. You have to do everything. But its really quite intuitive and only a few levels pose a challenge to 100%. 

Its only playable in Chinese. I have no idea about other asian regions of the game though. That said, its quite clear what you need to do with button prompts explaining which buttons you need to hit.

I am just working through the lum grind at the end now. Probably takes a good 6-8 hours of mind numbing date changing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

What wltrsjcwvita said is true. You have to do everything. But its really quite intuitive and only a few levels pose a challenge to 100%. 

Its only playable in Chinese. I have no idea about other asian regions of the game though. That said, its quite clear what you need to do with button prompts explaining which buttons you need to hit.

I am just working through the lum grind at the end now. Probably takes a good 6-8 hours of mind numbing date changing.

Probably better than months of online plus those diamond cups….

2 hours ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Can confirm, have played.

If you both have played the normal version of the game, you need to collect all 10 blue guys and get 600/300/100 (depending on the level) yellow lums for every level. Simple enough.

Where this version differentiates is that in the other versions of the game, you have to grind out the remaining awesomeness levels in the online modes to make up the rest of the points from cups, since there's only so many in the campaign. This version however, will give you the remaining points upon completing the game (or getting 100%, can't quite remember) so that you can unlock that trophy.

The only tough part is grinding out 1,000,000 lums, since you don't get this with the online grind, it can take some time to do.

Thank you for the additional info. Just to clarify, are you saying the Korean version also links to the Chinese list? It is significantly cheaper on eBay.

7 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Probably better than months of online plus those diamond cups….

Thank you for the additional info. Just to clarify, are you saying the Korean version also links to the Chinese list? It is significantly cheaper on eBay.

I can't confirm that unfortunately, I just bought the CN version as is.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 6:33 PM, diskdocx said:

I don't think so. I just bought a Japanese version (because it was a little bit cheaper than any English version I could find on eBay) and it gave me the international trophy list.

16 hours ago, harleybee said:

I don't think so. I just bought a Japanese version (because it was a little bit cheaper than any English version I could find on eBay) and it gave me the international trophy list.

I know the Japanese version shares the list with the international list. It’s also quite cheap generally (around the same price as the NA/EU). THE Korean version is generally quite a bit more, but not ridiculous like the Chinese one. My experience has typically been that there is either an Asian wide list, or that Korea and China fall in the same list. But obviously that region can be quite inconsistent. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 28.3.2022 at 7:23 PM, tranquilu said:

So you guys know if I get the diamond trophies here, do they added to my US version? Or it is totally different one version to another?! 

Since this one (CN Vita) doesn't even have online trophys, I am pretty sure, that not even progress takes over to EU/US.

Just the PS4 progress from EU/US goes to CN (or the other way) and you still have to do every trophy for the cups again once.

In case of your question - this list doesn't have online trophys, so no diamond cup needed :)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...