THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT!!

reiner-

6 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Perhaps you're exaggerating for effect, but this isn't even close to true. I found Abby to be a far more sympathetic character than Ellie in this game, and I know plenty of people who feel similarly.

I’m not denying she has fans and perhaps I exaggerated a bit you’re right. But you can’t deny the amount of negative reception she’s gotten. Hell, I know fair amount of people who love Jar Jar Binks (my mom included) but that doesn’t change the fact he’s hated. 

To me she was just a character likely created or inspired by Anita Sarkeesian to show more feminine heroes. Problem? We’ve already had plenty of those and I honestly didn’t really care after we realized why she killed Joel. Like that was enough for me but I didn’t want an entire storyline on her. I get what ND but it just didn’t do it for me.

BTW, on a side note: I don’t think Laura Bailey or the guy who played Jar Jar deserves any threats. I think it’s shitty people would stoop that low. Once again it makes me sad to be a fan of both. 

Up-To-Date sales numbers, please.

As I said in a post I made in late June, all of the highs and lows from Team Progressive vs Team Traditional means nothing.  The buying power and sales rule all.

And SONY figured they could have both monies, but not overtly so, with SONY making marketing material and videos making the game seem one way, when it was drastically something different.  Something, that undoubtedly would split the fanbase if told the honest truth.  So yeah, SONY figured they could have their cake and eat it as well.

Along comes ‘Neo’.

The individual who came along and gave us a ‘glitch in the Matrix’ by leaking the plot details of the game, potentially upsetting the ‘plan’ for Complete Global Financial Saturation.  Look at God!  ?

Almost a month later, and here we are.  Where do we stand?  Was this a successful coup d’etat for SONY or did Neo overthrow the systems plan?  ?

Where are the sales figures?

P.S.  Someone had mentioned that TLoU1 sold a total of 17 million, over the course of 2 systems.  Surely coming off of the hype train of the first game and the steam of it being re-released to some new audiences on the PS4, I would figure 10 million would be rather reasonable, wouldn’t you say?  Especially hitting 4 million in 3 days, with all those sales records being broke and whatnot.  Anyone care to disagree that it WOULD NOT hit 10 million, enough even for a ‘friendly wager’?  ?

52 minutes ago, ARH65512 said:

I’m not denying she has fans and perhaps I exaggerated a bit you’re right. But you can’t deny the amount of negative reception she’s gotten. Hell, I know fair amount of people who love Jar Jar Binks (my mom included) but that doesn’t change the fact he’s hated. 

To me she was just a character likely created or inspired by Anita Sarkeesian to show more feminine heroes. Problem? We’ve already had plenty of those and I honestly didn’t really care after we realized why she killed Joel. Like that was enough for me but I didn’t want an entire storyline on her. I get what ND but it just didn’t do it for me.

BTW, on a side note: I don’t think Laura Bailey or the guy who played Jar Jar deserves any threats. I think it’s shitty people would stoop that low. Once again it makes me sad to be a fan of both. 

Pretty sure Druckmann already stated that Anita Sarkeesian had nothing to do with this story. So no the character wasn't inspired by Sarkeesian to show more feminine heroes...

1 minute ago, Starcade_Legend said:

P.S.  Someone had mentioned that TLoU1 sold a total of 17 million, over the course of 2 systems.  Surely coming off of the hype train of the first game and the steam of it being re-released to some new audiences on the PS4, I would figure 10 million would be rather reasonable, wouldn’t you say?  Especially hitting 4 million in 3 days, with all those sales records being broke and whatnot.  Anyone care to disagree that it WOULD NOT hit 10 million, enough even for a ‘friendly wager’?  ?

Also it was bundled with PS4 which helped boost that number. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matttrent101 said:

Pretty sure Druckmann already stated that Anita Sarkeesian had nothing to do with this story. So no the character wasn't inspired by Sarkeesian to show more feminine heroes...

Yet, Neil KNOWS this is a hot-button topic.  I’m willing to bet he DID NOT go into detail on what influence she did have on the game, am I right?  ?

2 minutes ago, Starcade_Legend said:

Yet, Neil KNOWS this is a hot-button topic.  I’m willing to bet he DID NOT go into detail on what influence she did have on the game, am I right?  1f914.png

I honestly don't know or really care but wasn't it only for Uncharted 4. aha I have more prevalent issues in my life to worry about really :P 

She also could have had an unconscious change of mindset for him as well. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Starcade_Legend said:

51RMPpeTXyL.jpg

Looks like a fair playing field to me...?

I disagree. Big difference in numbers of units sold at the beginning of a life cycle compared to the end of the cycle. I do not think its a fair comparison. If they do it with the PS5 I think that would be a fair comparison 

2 minutes ago, Matttrent101 said:

I honestly don't know or really care but wasn't it only for Uncharted 4. aha I have more prevalent issues in my life to worry about really :P 

She also could have had an unconscious change of mindset for him as well. 

So wait, let me get your perspective clear.

You’re saying that Neil Drukkman, Bossman of Naughty Dog, making a sequel to one of his most storied franchises in recent times, brings in one of the most divisive people concerning the sexes in America’s history for the past 5 years (also one of the biggest Gamer Girl frauds...’look at my gaming collection!’/has no idea who the main character is for any game she owns...?), soon afterwards the major plot twist on the sequel to such long-awaited GOTY awardee hits with the main male character  dying EARLY and the ‘protagonist’ ends up being a weird-shaped, non-feminine, Abbomynation-looking thing (could have been modeled after Anita in the face, to be quite honest...?)...and you’re saying her input that might have been for Uncharted 4 only?  ?

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Matttrent101 said:

I disagree. Big difference in numbers of units sold at the beginning of a life cycle compared to the end of the cycle. I do not think its a fair comparison. If they do it with the PS5 I think that would be a fair comparison 

Look at the apologist!  ?

They sold 4 million in 3 days!  Have you no confidence in 6 more million lifetime?!  With bundles?!  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matttrent101 said:

Honestly, I didn't know the Sarkeesian bogeyman was still a thing for Gamers™. Thought that fell out of fashion back in 2016.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Honestly, I didn't know the Sarkeesian bogeyman was still a thing for Gamers2122.png. Thought that fell out of fashion back in 2016.

I just don't care enough to stick up for it... People are gonna believe what they want to believe and even if the creative director of the game says otherwise. Not my fight to fight. I just want to play games that I enjoy and support companies that treat their employees with respect and give fair work to them... sadly that seems to be few and far between. Who they get inspiration off of and when and how doesn't bother me

On 26/06/2020 at 2:50 PM, Lan Stee said:

Well, I mean, the boycott worked so well so why wouldn't this petition?

Oh, wait

Sales dropped 85% in Japan in the second week. 

The game was 50% off in Vietnam the second week. 

In South Korea there were reports of stores giving the game away for the purchase of Animal Crossing

In UK, a F1 game surpassed its sales in the third week (lol), until Ghost of Tsushima was released and crushed both. Keep in mind tlou2 WAS the biggest exclusive the ps4 was saving for last, one of the most Hyped games ever, as Hyped as Cyberpunk 77.

Fanbase divided. 

Game universaly mocked. 

The boycott worked perfectly I'd say, haha.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Starcade_Legend said:

Up-To-Date sales numbers, please.

As I said in a post I made in late June, all of the highs and lows from Team Progressive vs Team Traditional means nothing.  The buying power and sales rule all.

Where are the sales figures?

P.S.  Someone had mentioned that TLoU1 sold a total of 17 million, over the course of 2 systems.  Surely coming off of the hype train of the first game and the steam of it being re-released to some new audiences on the PS4, I would figure 10 million would be rather reasonable, wouldn’t you say?  Especially hitting 4 million in 3 days, with all those sales records being broke and whatnot.  Anyone care to disagree that it WOULD NOT hit 10 million, enough even for a ‘friendly wager’?  1f914.png

Sony does not report sales figures on a weekly or monthly basis. Don't expect to get an official number straight from Sony until the end of the year.

From what we've gotten from third party sources.

The Last of Us 2 is already the 3rd highest selling game of 2020 in the US, within the span of a month.

Gamestat has it at a player count of 5,300,000 on the date ending July 12th. The game came out on the 19th of June, so that's close to 5 and a half million players in a little less than a month. It should reach about 7 to 8 million by the end of the year.

In Japan, based on the sales numbers reported by Famitsu, it's already sold more than the lifetime sales of Days Gone, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Uncharted 4. It's about 10, 000 short of what The Last of Us sold in 2013 by the end of the year. Since we're still months away from 2020 ending, it'll likely surpass the PS3 sales of The Last of Us in Japan, sooner rather than later. 

P.S.  Someone had mentioned that TLoU1 sold a total of 17 million, over the course of 2 systems.  Surely coming off of the hype train of the first game and the steam of it being re-released to some new audiences on the PS4, I would figure 10 million would be rather reasonable, wouldn’t you say?  Especially hitting 4 million in 3 days, with all those sales records being broke and whatnot.  Anyone care to disagree that it WOULD NOT hit 10 million, enough even for a ‘friendly wager’?  1f914.png

10 million is reasonable.

Since it has a player base of 5 million already, lifetimes sales surpassing 10 million is guaranteed. 

I would gladly make a bet with anyone that says lifetimes sales for the The Last of Us Part II won't reach 10 million. A $100, $300, $1000?

I'd be up for it, but I suspect that when it's reported that sales have surpassed 10 million, whoever I bet against will make excuses, claim that Sony made the numbers up or that they bought copies to make it look like the game is selling better than it actually is. 

Yet, Neil KNOWS this is a hot-button topic.  I’m willing to bet he DID NOT go into detail on what influence she did have on the game, am I right?  1f914.png

He brought up the rumor that she worked on the game. Said it wasn't true, that she never worked on the game.

Is that clear enough for you?

51RMPpeTXyL.jpg

Looks like a fair playing field to me...1f609.png

You don't seem to understand.

What you're seeing there is a limited edition. Kingdom Hearts III, Battlefront 2, Metal Gear Solid 5, Arkham Knight, and Uncharted 4 all had limited editions.

That's not what's meant by a game being bundled with PS4s, because it's right there in the image: Limited Edition. 

The Last of Us: Remastered was bundled with regular PS4s. That is, someone would go to a store buy a PS4 and it could come up with a copy of The Last of Us: Remastered. They didn't even have to want a copy of the game. So if a parent went and got their kid a PS4, they could have gotten them a copy of The Last of Us: Remastered, without the kid even wanting it.

That's different from a limited edition that you have to buy specifically.

I'm not saying The Last of US Part II will surpass the original in sales if we disregard the bundled sales, but know the difference between a limited edition and a game that comes bundled with the console.

• Like 2