Remapping the control layout

DF007gamer

I'm going to be starting CUPHEAD later tonight and I've been seen alot of XBOX guys changing their control scheme to be better at the game because the default is an awful layout apprantely . Want to know from the PS gamers who've started the game have you used the default or what control layout are you using. Would like some suggestions and leave your layout here for future gamers who want to know. Thanks

When I played it on PC the only thing I changed was the Dash to L1. That way you always have the dash available while doing something else. Aiming in place I had on R1 but I don't remember if that's the default.

The rest seemed fine. I think it was Circle for specials and triangle to switch weapon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndresLionheart said:

When I played it on PC the only thing I changed was the Dash to L1. That way you always have the dash available while doing something else. Aiming in place I had on R1 but I don't remember if that's the default.

The rest seemed fine. I think it was Circle for specials and triangle to switch weapon.

Thanks man. Will give that a try. 

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, dashing and specials I did R1/R2, L1/L2 was aiming/switch weapons. Square to shoot and X to jump.

I found it very important to be able to constantly shoot and not have to move my hands, and this seemed optimal to me.

Thanks. I thought the default seemed a bit strange. This setup seems what most folks are using on their xbox setup. Thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, Helyx said:

The layout on Switch was shit. Can't see why they thought that would provide an optimal experience.

Surely by the time it came to Playstation they would have changed it for the PS seen that so many gamers complained about it. Well at least we can change the layout at least.

It's weird but it feels like this game should have shoot as R1, or just auto shooting/ press Square to turn shoot on or off.

Having to constantly have the square button down, and trying to do bounce jumps on the pink things on the same thumb somehow feels weird.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_UW_98 said:

I left as as standard and I don't know why you would change it. It's all preference but you can just use your pointer finger to dash and you have access to all the buttons as normal

Most gamers don't like the setup. I  change mine immediately. They default is crap. With the other advice on previous comments I change my setup to 

:cross:- Jump

:square:- Dash

:circle:- Special

:r1: - Shoot

:r2: - Weapon Change 

:l1:- Lock

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 1

I kept it the same except for the EX shot got switched to R2.

I found holding square with my thumb and rolling it over to tap triangle was very natural for me. 

But do what feels right to you! 

I can see R1 as shoot making sense for people.

Edited by paddypoh
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

The default mapping is really bad.  You want to make sure you can run'n'gun at all times, and be able to jump/dash at any point while still shooting.  Here's what worked for me.  With this setup you can execute any action you want without ever having to move your fingers.

:l1: - shoot

:l2: - lock

:r1: - switch weapon

:r2: - dash

:cross: - Jump

:square: - special

Edited by Eternal21