Trophies vs Rocketbots + 2XP weekends

NetoStyle

FSG have announced that most of the trophies/achievements will be obtainable on Rocketbot Attack. Also, there will be 2XP weekends. What do y'all think? ?

Double XP Weekends & Ranked Rewards
Keep an eye out for more announcements coming soon!

Trophies and Achievements vs RocketBots!
We’ve had some fan requests to make trophies and achievements possible vs. Rocketbots - so we’re doing exactly that, starting in an update coming later this summer, you’ll be able to complete all trophies and achievements against Rocketbots either Solo or Cooperatively.

Source: https://www.ea.com/games/rocket-arena/news/blast-in-paradise

Edited by NetoStyle
  • Like 2

I’m pretty happy about it, hopefully it will be in the next patch (early September ?) 

we can still grind on Arena meanwhile ^^

can’t wait about double xp weekend so I can upgrade heroes to level 25 quickly ( even doing the level 100 trophy :P )

Edited by Manux_Baka
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

That means treasure hunt, rocket ball and mega Rocket trophies are the only ones not achievable in rocketbot.

Rocket Ball is really a pain to do.. i'm only at 5 goals ..

Everygame is one sided , maybe if they wont tag squad vs solo player it will be more easy ?

And the maps are too small  for that kind of game imo..

Edited by Manux_Baka

18 minutes ago, Manux_Baka said:

Everygame is one sided , maybe if they wont tag squad vs solo player it will be more easy ?

I advise using Rev for her R1 skill. Position yourself near where the ball spawns and looking into the direction where the goal is.

And just before the ball spawns, hit R1 to speed up and gain momentum.

I used that strategy and it's really unfair lol

Alternatively, you can use Izell. Collect the ball, throw it where the goal is, use her R1 skill to lunge forward, collect the ball again and score. 

Hope these help. ?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

I advise using Rev for her R1 skill. Position yourself near where the ball spawns and looking into the direction where the goal is.

I used that strategy and it's really unfair lol

Alternatively, you can use Izell. Collect the ball, throw it where the goal is, use her R1 skill to lunge forward, collect the ball again and score. 

Hope these help. 1f642.png

Ppppssssssssstttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Manux_Baka said:

Use Topnotch and Amphora, top tier characters for scoring goals, the mobility is ridiculously great. 

11 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Did the update today cover these changes obtaining all trophies in rocket bots?

Not yet, will have to wait until further patches 

9 hours ago, VakaVG said:

I may get the game to get the plat.... How quick the platinum would be with 2X and RocketBots?

The grind to level 100 will be your slowest trophy (you also have to get another 4 characters to 25)
Currently, the first few levels are really fast up to 10, then it slows down and is about 3-6 matches per level up to 20, then slows down again to about a constant 10-12 matches per level until 100

if you're doing it in the current game, (you can't play solo yet) queue times will be your limiting factor on games. let say you get and average of 6 games an hour with 2x XP
probably looking at about
10 Hours for 100KO's with all characters, (you will also get all the characters to around level 15
65 Hours to get 1 character to 100
15 Hours to get 4 other characters to 25

Looking at around 100 hours to platinum when you can do the trophies with bots & 2x XP some of the time.
This will probably be slightly faster when you can play solo only bots.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

I've try this method yesterday, currently at 25goals (or something like that thx no stats ingame xD)

Clearly  even with my poor skill this is achievable so thanks for the tip !

5 hours ago, Draps-1337 said:

The grind to level 100 will be your slowest trophy (you also have to get another 4 characters to 25)
Currently, the first few levels are really fast up to 10, then it slows down and is about 3-6 matches per level up to 20, then slows down again to about a constant 10-12 matches per level until 100

Damn i'm level 24 with Amphora i was thinking after 25lvls the XP needed to level up wil be the same but 10/12 games per level that's a bummer even with 2XP Weekends 

What's your opinion on , should we do it agains bot (more kills might compensate the XP) or in the Arena Social/Ranked (less kills but more XP) 

Edited by Manux_Baka

46 minutes ago, Manux_Baka said:

What's your opinion on , should we do it agains bot (more kills might compensate the XP) or in the Arena Social/Ranked (less kills but more XP) 

Tough one, Currently I've been playing Social to get the KO's but I'm terrible with a controller so it's taking me until level 20ish to get the 100KO's

Once they patch this in, I will 100% be doing it versus bots, because the goal is to spend more time in-game than out. as time = xp.
if your Social queues are popping faster than bots then do that. Otherwise, queues for rocket bot seem pretty good most of the time.

8 minutes ago, Draps-1337 said:

Tough one, Currently I've been playing Social to get the KO's but I'm terrible with a controller so it's taking me until level 20ish to get the 100KO's

Once they patch this in, I will 100% be doing it versus bots, because the goal is to spend more time in-game than out. as time = xp.
if your Social queues are popping faster than bots then do that. Otherwise, queues for rocket bot seem pretty good most of the time.

Agree i think the 100KO per contestant and 1000KO overall should be done against bot, hopefully 2x XP Weekend will help you get to level 100 

PS: i'm as bas as you with a controler ^^ 100KO in 20 level aswell xD

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Manux_Baka said:

Agree i think the 100KO per contestant and 1000KO overall should be done against bot, hopefully 2x XP Weekend will help you get to level 100 

PS: i'm as bas as you with a controler ^^ 100KO in 20 level aswell xD

Glad I'm not alone haha! 

Platinum will definitely be easier with 2x XP!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 3:04 PM, DiegoMolinams said:

Use Topnotch and Amphora, top tier characters for scoring goals, the mobility is ridiculously great. 

Not yet, will have to wait until further patches 

Topnotch is better defensively imo, he's kinda slow so if the enemy team can aim well they can ruin you. As other people have said, Rev is pretty great for this - you can either use your rocket board dash right before you pick up the ball for an initial boost of speed, or drop the ball mid air and boost into it - helps if you're being rushed.

12 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Topnotch is better defensively imo, he's kinda slow so if the enemy team can aim well they can ruin you. As other people have said, Rev is pretty great for this - you can either use your rocket board dash right before you pick up the ball for an initial boost of speed, or drop the ball mid air and boost into it - helps if you're being rushed.

Yeah, you have to put more thought when using him, personally I like him a lot on Rocket Ball mode because his mobility, It's easy to hide in hard to reach places and throw a couple of rockets, wait for your teams to distract or KO the enemy and then proceed to score. I've scored 5 goals in a match with him multiple times, but yeah, he's not for everybody there are better options for rocketball

• Like 1

• 11 months later...