Trophy thoughts: Easy plat.

Nightowljrm

I imported the Japanese version when it was released and used Google Translate on my phone to read the menus or any text I needed to read and it was still an extremely easy plat. The trophy list is identical here as well. Just play the game and go for the side-objectives and you'll be golden. Once you've upgraded your jet ski, even the races are mindless, but it's still fun. This is one you can mostly turn your brain off on and enjoy.

• Like 3

That's great to hear, I pre ordered this game since I wanted to play a fun senseless summer theme game like when I did with Senran Kagura PBS last summer and glad I can just enjoy the game while gaining a plat along the way without being too stressed out! (I need all the R&R I can get these days ?)

is this game got any connection with Senran Kagura PBS?

I remember seen the game play footage on the Japanese Playstation Store and the water gun models and even the game's engine looks the same as PBS.

not that i'm complaining, in fact I really liked PBS especially the online coop mode and I even got the platinum trophy for it,its just that i've noticed the similarities.

9 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

is this game got any connection with Senran Kagura PBS?

I remember seen the game play footage on the Japanese Playstation Store and the water gun models and even the game's engine looks the same as PBS.

not that i'm complaining, in fact I really liked PBS especially the online coop mode and I even got the platinum trophy for it,its just that i've noticed the similarities.

Whilst some of the SK girls appear as cross-over DLC (Ryona and Ryobi are in the game by default in Western copies), the game itself and the story have nothing to do with the SK universe - all the devs did was reuse a load of assets from PBS to cut costs and save time.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Whilst some of the SK girls appear as cross-over DLC, the game itself and the story have nothing to do with the SK universe - all the devs did was reuse a load of assets from PBS to cut costs and save time.

we'll that's explain it, thanks!

the engine been used on the SK series  is kinda start showing it's age, but regardless I still likes how the characters models looks, i'm even afraid that they'll jump into a new engine in the future and ruin the looks of the characters.

24 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

we'll that's explain it, thanks!

the engine been used on the SK series  is kinda start showing it's age, but regardless I still likes how the characters models looks, i'm even afraid that they'll jump into a new engine in the future and ruin the looks of the characters.

It's not even the original engine they're using for this, because they've moved over to Unity to make Jet Girls but in doing so they brought over the usual Unity performance issues with them because the menus are laggy as hell when cycling through your Jet Machines and the available customisation options for everything :(. I've also had a couple of major frame rate drops during gameplay on certain maps when passing through water spouts, plus the cutscenes can occasionally slow to a crawl. Don't get me wrong, this is a fun game but the performance issues take the shine off it a bit.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It's not even the original engine they're using for this, because they've moved over to Unity to make Jet Girls but in doing so they brought over the usual Unity performance issues with them because the menus are laggy as hell when cycling through your Jet Machines and the available customisation options for everything :(. I've also had a couple of major frame rate drops during gameplay on certain maps when passing through water spouts, plus the cutscenes can occasionally slow to a crawl. Don't get me wrong, this is a fun game but the performance issues take the shine off it a bit.

SK PBS also shows framedrops especially when a huge water splash happen on the screen ( mostly when enemies or the other girls soak you up in water, but I get what you meant, unity is really one of the worst engines out there even if the hardware you're using is so powerful the Unity engine will trash it down, funny how it was originally made so when making games on PC or consoles these game can easily ported to mobile devices easily with the unity with insanely few downgrades and vice versa. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This took me about 20hrs to Plat, because some of the later races can be tough if you're not used to the finicky controls by then.

Grats on being the first plat achiever on PSNP, T (at least at the moment)

This is on my radar. Not sure if there’s an LE available to pick up to go with my Senran sets.

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Don't forget the constant screen tearing. That annoyed me way more than the inconsistent framerate.

10 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

I imported the Japanese version when it was released and used Google Translate on my phone to read the menus or any text I needed to read and it was still an extremely easy plat. The trophy list is identical here as well. Just play the game and go for the side-objectives and you'll be golden. Once you've upgraded your jet ski, even the races are mindless, but it's still fun. This is one you can mostly turn your brain off on and enjoy.

I second that. Even the supposedly "hardest" race in the game, where you have to race against an upgraded Jet while yours is completely stock, isn't hard at all.

Edited by Hanamaru Kunikida