NG+ and a Harder Difficulty Trophy

1 hour ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I’ve never understood why New Game+ appears post-launch on so many big games. It’s such a basic and simple feature nowadays, can’t it be included at launch?

though I don't have the game but was intending to post the same comment. These types of trophies are becoming annoying 

• Like 3

The game is not easy itself, because this is a VR game - it's difficult to even learn how to fly properly without constantly hitting surrounding buildings or rocks. Every time I play there is a moment that information on my screen pops out saying I need to come back to the play area in front of the PS Camera - then I realize I'm standing turned back to my TV... and this bloody PSVR cable - it's constantly tangling between my feet. 

It's ridiculous developers made such decision to implement a trophy for completing this difficult game on the Insane Difficulty mode. Terrible. Shame on them. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

The game is not easy itself, because this is a VR game - it's difficult to even learn how to fly properly without constantly hitting surrounding buildings or rocks. Every time I play there is a moment that information on my screen pops out saying I need to come back to the play area in front of the PS Camera - then I realize I'm standing turned back to my TV... and this bloody PSVR cable - it's constantly tangling between my feet. 

It's ridiculous developers made such decision to implement a trophy for completing this difficult game on the Insane Difficulty mode. Terrible. Shame on them. 

The first paragraph I can get behind, but the second one, not so much. It's not like difficulty trophies are a new thing.

15 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

I’ve never understood why New Game+ appears post-launch on so many big games. It’s such a basic and simple feature nowadays, can’t it be included at launch?

Generally it's to make you come back to the game after you stopped playing It. Sometimes it's to spark interest before DLC is announced

16 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

I cant even fathom playing on the new difficulty. Hard mode was already extremely tedious imo, where you basically have to just fly around non stop to heal. Does not lead to a fun experience and i have a feeling this difficulty will be brutallll. 

It's probably a trick to have people reinstall it after they're done. The amount of PS4 exclusives I have the platinum in and a 96% on because of this is just hilarious.

9 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

and this bloody PSVR cable - it's constantly tangling between my feet. 

Terrible. Shame on them. 

Such Britishness. Agreed though, it's annoying how easy it is to tangle. I find sitting usually helps but a lot of these need you to stand in order to play.

15 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

13 hours ago, cometowner said:

though I don't have the game but was intending to post the same comment. These types of trophies are becoming annoying 

37 minutes ago, ViniciusSCampos said:

Generally it's to make you come back to the game after you stopped playing It. Sometimes it's to spark interest before DLC is announced

19 minutes ago, griffin123456789 said:

It's probably a trick to have people reinstall it after they're done. The amount of PS4 exclusives I have the platinum in and a 96% on because of this is just hilarious.

I can't find the source anymore, but I think I read it in either a topic or article related to The Last of Us 2:

Sony decided somewhere around the time that Spiderman 2018 on PS4 was developed, that the platinum trophy of a game published by Sony should be more accessible to everyone. And if you pay attention to it, this seems to be true.

Some games I think of where new game+/hardcore/harder difficulty trophies where added as DLC and that support this theory are Spiderman, Days gone, The Last of 2 (they went pretty far with the accessibility options even) and now this one as well it seems. All of them are published by Sony and the platinums are fairly easy when it comes to difficulty.

There are probably more games I didn't think of but it's a curious thing :)

9 hours ago, Kolm said:

I can't find the source anymore, but I think I read it in either a topic or article related to The Last of Us 2:

Sony decided somewhere around the time that Spiderman 2018 on PS4 was developed, that the platinum trophy of a game published by Sony should be more accessible to everyone. And if you pay attention to it, this seems to be true.

Some games I think of where new game+/hardcore/harder difficulty trophies where added as DLC and that support this theory are Spiderman, Days gone, The Last of 2 (they went pretty far with the accessibility options even) and now this one as well it seems. All of them are published by Sony and the platinums are fairly easy when it comes to difficulty.

There are probably more games I didn't think of but it's a curious thing :)

Ok, fine they want to be more accessible platinum, but the NG+ separate trophies should come also on the release date itself. 

14 hours ago, ViniciusSCampos said:

God of war too

Even though iron man vr follows that trend, I think the Plat is harder than most of sony's first party games

I didn't start this game yet, I just bought it. But I wonder... would it be hard if it wasn't a VR game? Because VR can make some fairly easy things a lot harder.

5 hours ago, cometowner said:

Ok, fine they want to be more accessible platinum, but the NG+ separate trophies should come also on the release date itself. 

Still agree with that indeed! Maybe they don't do it because it might scare some people away from the game?

Horizon also fits the description and maybe that one was actually the first instead of Spiderman?

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, griffin123456789 said:

What would they get from someone reinstalling the game? Sony already has their 60$, they won't make additional money from a NG+ DLC 

3 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

What would they get from someone reinstalling the game? Sony already has their 60$, they won't make additional money from a NG+ DLC 

This might be a reason:

On 24-8-2020 at 9:41 PM, ViniciusSCampos said:

With Horizon they did the NG+ DLC first and afterwards the frozen wilds DLC. Although there was a very big gap between both DLC's, like 8 months or so I'm not sure if that was the reason for the NG+ DLC in this case.

Spiderman PS4 fits the case better: First DLC was released 2 weeks after the NG+ mode DLC was released.

17 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Keeping an active player base. It could be beneficial for specific developers to brag about. "Hey papa Sony, my game had people playing it and coming back to it half a year after release! See? I can make games people will routinely play. Now please let me make my Taxidermist simulator loaded with micro-transactions, it's been my life long dream to develop that!"

On 8/25/2020 at 0:09 PM, Kolm said:

I didn't start this game yet, I just bought it. But I wonder... would it be hard if it wasn't a VR game? Because VR can make some fairly easy things a lot harder.

I totally agree with this statement. That's what I mentioned in my comment above. Iron Man VR is difficult itself to play, not to mention about in-game difficulty levels...

Can we all agree that NG+ for this game is completely unnecessary?

We already have chapter select which lets you go to any level with your current load out and equipment. It basically has NG+ already built into the game and we get a...second NG+ option?

I can understand Horizon having NG+ for people that want to replay the game but rip through the starting areas or pick up missed trophies or whatever. Or games like inFamous or Fallout where choices matter and you get alternate endings so you don't have to grind through everything and you can get to where you want quicker.

But games with Chapter Select have no need for NG+ especially when upgrades carry over. It makes me think the devs aren't as aware which I doubt is the case. It has to be a foolish corporate mandate from Sony executives to add "replay value" if it doesn't have a multiplayer aspect or whatever.

• Like 3