Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - Reveal Trailer (November 13, 2020)

The Alpha starts tomorrow and the pre-load is available to download. The file size is 23.919GB.

The Black Ops Cold War Alpha is FREE to all PS4™ players. The Alpha starts September 18th and ends September 20th. PlayStation®Plus Subscription not required*.

Deniable Operations are a GO! Be one of the first to engage in the next-generation of global combat in the PS4™ exclusive Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War Alpha. Jump into the brand-new Combined Arms: Domination experience or put the tools of the tradecraft to the test in a variety of 6v6 gameplay modes.

Combined Arms: Domination introduces vehicle-based combat and 24 players to a single domination match. Use snowmobiles, tanks, wakerunners, gunboats and more to traverse the map faster and hit the enemy harder.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Its a pay wall filled with microtransactions

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the battle pass situation and was keen to try the game out as I haven't played a COD in years. I may need to re-think. I've always preferred Battlefield anyway so maybe I just wait it out.

6 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

What does those system mean?

Is it mean "Pay to Win" ??

The battle pass is something you progress through by playing the game or paying real world currency to unlock in-game items like skins and weapons. It's not really P2W since the guns can be earned for free, although you can miss out on them by not progressing far enough through the battle pass before the season ends.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

The battle pass is something you progress through by playing the game or paying real world currency to unlock in-game items like skins and weapons. It's not really P2W since the guns can be earned for free, although you can miss out on them by not progressing far enough through the battle pass before the season ends.

Do you have to buy the battle pass though? And then buy again for the next season? Or can it be unlocked just by playing the game? Sorry, I haven't played a COD in a long time.

49 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the battle pass situation and was keen to try the game out as I haven't played a COD in years. I may need to re-think. I've always preferred Battlefield anyway so maybe I just wait it out.

Its a progression system with usually lack luster rewards like stickers/emblems or bad weapon skins And gestures and dance moves, at the end theres usually a new weapon you can unlock, but if you dont have atleast 8hours a day to play, everyday during the corse of the season, you will probably miss out on said items And even the new weapon(s) but for extra money, you can buy tiers for real money And skip the grind, they even offer deals periodically on reduced prices for tier skips, but its just another way these billion dollar companies Nickle and dime you for an unpolished game

2 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Do you have to buy the battle pass though? And then buy again for the next season? Or can it be unlocked just by playing the game? Sorry, I haven't played a COD in a long time.

The battle pass is the tier system

so they come out with a season that usually lasts about 62 days, during that season theres 100 or more tiers to complete, each tier to complete takes roughly about 2hours real time, the final reward at tier 100 usually being a new weapon, each tier is a different useless reward Like a sticker or a weapon camo, etc.  after the season is over a new one begins shortly after, if you didnt finish the Previous seasons rewards, guess what, theyre gone forever and you potentially missed out on unlocking that particular weapon..and thats where microtransactions come in, for the people who dont have 10hours a day to grind out the tiers And just drop cold hard cash on the game, and were not even talking about supply drops at this point Which can cost you even more real hard earned money, or you can slowly earn them over time

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Yes you have to buy it, if you want access to every reward tier. I can't remember if Modern Warfare provided you with enough initial currency to purchase the battle pass, but if Black Ops doesn't, then you'll have to pay something like $10. Clearing the entire battle pass should net you enough currency to buy the next pass for free, but you'll need to sink quite a bit of time into the game to do that. The battle pass is not a big deal if you want to just play the game. Sure there are a few weapons locked behind it, but aside from that it's just cosmetics.

• Like 2

On 2020/9/29 at 3:06 AM, Property_Damage said:

Its a pay wall filled with microtransactions

On 2020/9/29 at 8:11 AM, ObliviousSenpai said:

So is those weapon very useful?

Will buying the battle pass reduce significantly the time/difficulty to platinum the game?

If I buy the game and battle pass using US account, then play with my JP account.

Can my JP account get the battle pass bonus?

Because I know that a lots of MP bonus can only be claimed by the account who buy it...

So I have this question...

Edited by TheVengeance1231

17 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

So is those weapon very useful?

Will buying the battle pass reduce significantly the time/difficulty to platinum the game?

If I buy the game and battle pass using US account, then play with my JP account.

Can my JP account get the battle pass bonus?

Because I know that a lots of MP bonus can only be claimed by the account who buy it...

So I have this question...

They could be strong, but if you're just playing for fun or trophies, it's not going to really matter. Cold War trophies are not even available yet, so nobody can tell you that, although it probably won't.

I doubt you'd be able to use the battle pass with your JP account if you purchase it with the US one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

They could be strong, but if you're just playing for fun or trophies, it's not going to really matter. Cold War trophies are not even available yet, so nobody can tell you that, although it probably won't.

I doubt you'd be able to use the battle pass with your JP account if you purchase it with the US one. 

Thanks for your reply.

I will decide to buy or not after the trophy list reveal.

On 26/08/2020 at 8:28 PM, snakebit10 said:

Pre ordered the cross gen edition. Can't wait. The first Black ops is one of my favorite COD games. 

I guess I have bought my first PS5 game.

I just pre ordered the PS5 one too.  Looking forward to playing it, i tend to play every other COD so i dont get burnt out.  Looking forward to the zombies reveal today

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/10/2020 at 7:05 PM, ziggypossum said:

All 44 Achievements in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

(Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies Achievements / Trophies)

https://cod.tracker.gg/cold-war/articles/black-ops-cold-war-trophies-achievements

Do you play many COD games? How much of a pain are some of these trophies? I don't understand a lot of them. I haven't properly played a COD since World at War, the futuristic stuff turned me off, but considering coming back for this. I don't have an issue with difficulty, it's more the annoying stuff that you would have no chance of unlocking through natural play that I don't like.