Final Fantasy VII Remake PSN Avatars Reward

48 minutes ago, FrozenLionheart said:

It is especially when they are dropping these 5 months on pretty much from release had these been done day one then they would of had every right to compared but here without warning its not fair, at least I had no hassle with who I spoke with honestly I just wish I got the emails would be a lot less hassle for the support staff, I just went straight in on this one as I'm not giving it 2 weeks when I don't get the emails full stop, which I waited for on god of war, detroit, Persona 5 Royal and such... 

Yeah it's pretty stupid 5 months later when people have got the platinum trophy, to ask people to be opted in before unlocking the trophies to get the avatars. I can't unlock the trophies again on my account it seems like such a shady way of handling business, i've opted in now i've got the trophies why is it a big deal. Specially when there was no information about this reward until yesterday.. So day 1 buyers have gotten screwed over, i'm reconsidering going with PlayStation next gen.

36 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Yeah it's pretty stupid 5 months later when people have got the platinum trophy, to ask people to be opted in before unlocking the trophies to get the avatars. I can't unlock the trophies again on my account it seems like such a shady way of handling business, i've opted in now i've got the trophies why is it a big deal. Specially when there was no information about this reward until yesterday.. So day 1 buyers have gotten screwed over, i'm reconsidering going with PlayStation next gen.

Truthfully your probably better off with Sony in many regards than MS, I was mainly xbox last gen into the start of the current one but ended up fully switching over a year and a half or so ago because MS' first party titles have been low quality though they are meant to be "Triple A" studios, the only exception to that has been Ori....and that's also avaliable on steam, and with MS' titles being avaliable via win 10/steam now too not as much incentive there compared. I hope things change more (don't see why they cant send the codes out via the from playstation notifications that they did with the player celebration), they know those who are signed up for emails don't always get them so changing things would be better. 

Its silly they have done things the way they have but I'd say out the 2 Sony is also more customer friendly when it comes to their firmware....not updating the layout of the console's UI every 6 months- a year.... to make it better <,< more like make it more annoying even if it speeds up the console a bit + if you became an achievement hunter be prepared for achievements not to unlock if your seriously unlucky for months if not a year though you had hit the requirements because they use cloud servers for all the Xbox one+ XSX (when it gets exclusive titles in over a year, as at least the first year all their titles will be on both X1/SX) and it can drive you nuts, I had achievements on Halo the master chief collection bug like that and a few other games and they took ages to unlock and with the former I had to repeat some of the conditions again, whilst playstation at least make it easier as its still local based for trophy unlocking. 

35 minutes ago, AerisFlowerGirl said:

Hey guys, I tried this morning and much to my surprise, worked first try. I'm in the NA region, here's further proof. Did not need to tell them anything about "marketing emails." 

De0dJWO.png

QNCV4xB.jpg

I am so ecstatic right now!!

Nice! Can more people post this if they have been given codes through support and haven't been opted in so I can use this as evidence.

I've just got off Playstation chat support for a 4th time now, basically the agent was one from earlier who name is Daniel. I called them out on this issue, he was making typos and excuses. Claiming the post above is a lie and not to believe everything on the internet, then backtracked and said the US chat support don't know what they are doing. When I said both the UK and US chat support are the same company as a whole he disconnected the chat...

15 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Nice! Can more people post this if they have been given codes through support and haven't been opted in so I can use this as evidence.

Don't worry about that, I also had an agent tell me that I must have that option turned on and wait for the e-mail (this one didn't send me anything), however, after I talked to another agent, he did not mention that option at all and simply sent me the codes via e-mail immediately.

I suggest you turn on those options and then keep trying until you find someone who will give the code. By the way, my agent did not type in the codes in the chat like the AerisFlowerGirl screenshot above, he sent them to me via three separate e-mails, one for each pack.

I opted in to receive promotional material from PlayStation when i created my account but did not receive anything on the email, hence why they gave me the stuff after i spoke with an agent. You can still turn on that option on your account settings by going to "Account Information", "Communication Preferences".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

How do you opt in?

On your PS4 dashboard, go to Settings. From here, go to Account Management -> Account Information -> Communication Preferences and you can opt in from there. Once again I'll mention that I was not opted in when I sent my chat request, and did not turn it on beforehand. After the chat, I went ahead and enabled it so I don't miss something like this, even if I have to sift through a bunch of junk emails. I would have been extremely sad if the only opportunity to get an official Aerith avatar was shot down by not wanting marketing emails from Sony.

53 minutes ago, SealedCard said:

I suggest you turn on those options and then keep trying until you find someone who will give the code. By the way, my agent did not type in the codes in the chat like the AerisFlowerGirl screenshot above, he sent them to me via three separate e-mails, one for each pack.

Will also mention that I received three separate emails as well with the same codes he posted in the chat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AerisFlowerGirl said:

Once again I'll mention that I was not opted in when I sent my chat request, and did not turn it on beforehand. After the chat, I went ahead and enabled it so I don't miss something like this, even if I have to sift through a bunch of junk emails. I would have been extremely sad if the only opportunity to get an official Aerith avatar was shot down by not wanting marketing emails from Sony.

Well, that confirms it for you @Am4z1n9_AZ, you do not need to have that enabled to obtain the reward.

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So i tried 3-4 times in live chat support and all i get is this page without a place to type. Is this where you waited or i am in the wrong place?

Hide contents

Yes that is correct, however I have seen earlier in the thread that Sony Live Support does not work for those outside the US, maybe they have a support email? Sorry this is so hard for my fellow overseas FF7 fans :(

6 minutes ago, AerisFlowerGirl said:

Yes that is correct, however I have seen earlier in the thread that Sony Live Support does not work for those outside the US, maybe they have a support email? Sorry this is so hard for my fellow overseas FF7 fans :(

I'm from Greece so no luck.

No email.

No contact.

And those cretins NOT EVEN put the avatars in the store so i can at least buy the one i want as a customer.

F$#^%$   Sony

• Like 1

Just now, sephiroth4424 said:

No email.

No contact.

And those cretins NOT EVEN put the avatars in the store so i can at least buy the one i want as a customer.

F$#^%$   Sony

I think that's what annoys me more than anything. That it should be on the Playstation store, those idiots would be making money I wouldn't care i'd pay good money for the pack.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

No email.

No contact.

F$#^%$   Sony

Avatars not being available for selling is Sony's fault. They secretly introduced a policy during late 2019 were no new PSN avatars and PS4 Themes could be sold individually. Only way devs can sell those is by offering them as a pre order bonus, DLC bundle or a promotion like in this case.

I'm not sure how you guys managed to get in the Live Chat. I'm italian but i do have a secondary US account. I'm always getting this message:

We are unable to process your Chat request at this time. Due to staff availability, customers will experience disruptions in their ability to contact PlayStation Support. Please reference our ever expanding knowledge base at support.playstation.com for self-help assistance.Thank you for your patience as we adapt our support to accommodate these challenging times.

Don't tell me they block european IPs because it wouldn't make any sense, there are actual US citizens outside of the US, with US accounts, lol.

Edited by Lance_87