Online Shut Down 10/31/2020

DEI2EK

The game itself or do i have to finish my story playtrough by Wednesday you mean! Also is there someway to know if the locations/collectibles are glitched. Saw some people on here who seem to have got pretty far in the game to then had to restart the whole thing. Thanks for your input

Edited by Nastrondir

I'll preface this by saying I've been playing the actual game a lot, and just collecting scrap between playthroughs, but I started playing on the 13th and Dividend just popped today (early hous of 19th October). For one of those days I only had 2 scrap crews, for one I had 3. For the rest I had all 4. I didn't exactly "rush" to get all 4 scrap crews but I did mainly focus on progressing the story and prioritising those first. After I got all 4 I started doing the other mess around stuff.

I also made sure that every time I finished a play session, I closed the game fully, then started it again to collect the scrap from that playthrough. I'm not sure if that does speed things up or not but I saw it mentioned somewhere else and figured there was no harm in it. Since I often played for 2-4 hours at a time I would get a reasonable amount of scrap from it.

So I think it's do-able in 6-7 days, but you will be cutting it pretty close if you don't start soon. Especially as the amount of scrap I got seemed quite random and variable.

2 hours ago, Nastrondir said:

The game itself or do i have to finish my story playtrough by Wednesday you mean! Also is there someway to know if the locations/collectibles are glitched. Saw some people on here who seem to have got pretty far in the game to then had to restart the whole thing. Thanks for your input

The main one is to make sure your Scavenging locations looted number under statistics always matches up with the value under Legends (taking into account that it tracks them as out of 5, then 13, then 18, then 191 so for example if you had looted 15 locations, your statistics would say 15 and you would be 10/13 under your legends tracking). As people have mentioned a few times in this thread, this can glitch if you die while looting the last piece of scrap etc somewhere - in which case your totals will be off by 1. As long as you always make sure you clear the camp properly, and make sure the saving icon finishes flashing after you see the 100% looted notice, you will normally be fine, but I would still check regularly and keep multiple autosaves at various points in case you do need to "backtrack".

Edited by MrManiacB
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, uduc2late said:

Well the scavenging location glitch happened to me there 20 mins ago, I had just completed my 98th location and ended up falling of the edge of a cliff just as it was saving, and yup as everyone has recalled the so called "190/191" or as for me it said 98 scavenging locations completed in stats but In legends tab it said 61...soo 5+13+18+61=97 so yeah I got the glitch and I checked how far I had to go back and well... 20 Hours I have to go back 60 scavenging locations behind now cause I died. So if theres anything someone can take from this it's that when you finish any location. WAIT FOR THE SAVE I CON IN TOP RIGHT TO FINISH. And you should be good, also be super careful near cliffs. Thanks!

The game gives you 12 save slots! :facepalm:

Hopefully no more issues on your plat run. Good luck! 

5 hours ago, Frostezin said:

and how long it takes to unlock scrap crews? thanks in advance

You can get Jeet and Gutgash scrap crews up and running within 4-5 hours of gameplay. Stay focused on the main missions only. Pink Eye scrap will take a couple extra hours to get to bc you have to clean some areas up first. Don’t worry about flying through the story too fast. You can slow the story down after Act 3. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You have to start work on the affected Challenges by Wednesday, else you don't have a hope in hell of getting them done in time.

Thank you friend! Gonna start my playthrough tonight. And will get those project parts as soon as they become availible. Hopefully that'll be enough. Gonna play everyday now when work is over!

Scrap Crews only gather if you have the game closed and it was the last trophy I had gotten. At one point, I left the game closed for 18 hours and got a little under 130 scrap a piece from all 4 Scrap Crews running so that came out to a bit over 500 scrap for being off the game close to 24 hours.

By the time I had finished the game and had gotten every trophy except for the completion of the dividend challenge, it took nearly 48 hours to get the last 1000 scrap I needed for that to pop for sure. Given those stats, you would need at minimum, 4 days of total offline time with 4 Scrap Crews.

If you haven't started this game by this weekend, I wouldn't even bother.

• Like 2

I probably won't be able to do it in time, I started about 4 days ago and I'm still in the missions of the first fort of the game, I wasted a lot of time on optional things and I don't have the slightest idea how to start the scrap teams, as an exploration game,  I didn't like it very much, I even tried to play this half time with the PS4 off the network in case I needed to delete the game from the list of trophies, I'm screwed

13 minutes ago, EoXers said:

I probably won't be able to do it in time, I started about 4 days ago and I'm still in the missions of the first fort of the game, I wasted a lot of time on optional things and I don't have the slightest idea how to start the scrap teams, as an exploration game,  I didn't like it very much, I even tried to play this half time with the PS4 off the network in case I needed to delete the game from the list of trophies, I'm screwed

Do Jeet's missions.  He'll eventually request improvements to the fortress, unlocking that function.  

To do an upgrade, find the ghost/silhouette of the project in the base and it'll give you the option to track the necessary parts.  Retrieve the parts and return to the ghost/silhouette to build the project.

Continue jeet's missions until it leads to gutgash's stronghold. Find the scrap crew silhouette, track parts, build crew.  Continue gutgash missions until it leads to pink eye. Rinse & repeat.  Once you're able to go to pinkeye, friar's stronghold is also open and also has the 4th scrap crew

It's still doable

4 minutes ago, mattfry94 said:

I see a lot of people saying that you should have your Scrap Crews set up by Wednesday? Sorry for the dumb question but is that Wednesday 21st or 28th? 

So far today I set up Jeets Scrap Crew but I'll try my best to follow up with the rest! 

Assume it'll take a week to collect 500 and then 2000 scrap with 4 crews.  If your crews arent running by sunday the 25th at the latest, your chances are slim

23 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Do Jeet's missions.  He'll eventually request improvements to the fortress, unlocking that function.  

To do an upgrade, find the ghost/silhouette of the project in the base and it'll give you the option to track the necessary parts.  Retrieve the parts and return to the ghost/silhouette to build the project.

Continue jeet's missions until it leads to gutgash's stronghold. Find the scrap crew silhouette, track parts, build crew.  Continue gutgash missions until it leads to pink eye. Rinse & repeat.  Once you're able to go to pinkeye, friar's stronghold is also open and also has the 4th scrap crew

It's still doable

Assume it'll take a week to collect 500 and then 2000 scrap with 4 crews.  If your crews arent running by sunday the 25th at the latest, your chances are slim

Thanks a lot for the helpful information! So the game plan is:

- Do story missions until you're able to Upgrade Jeets Stronghold

- Upgrade Jeets Scrap Crew 

- Do story missions until Stronghold 2 (3 and 4 aswell, in the sense of rinse and repeat) appears and is available for upgrade 

- upgrade their scrap crews 

- Close down the game and check back in every night for the scrap? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mattfry94 said:

I see a lot of people saying that you should have your Scrap Crews set up by Wednesday? Sorry for the dumb question but is that Wednesday 21st or 28th? 

So far today I set up Jeets Scrap Crew but I'll try my best to follow up with the rest! 

I was referring to Wednesday the 21st :).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mattfry94 said:

- Do story missions until Stronghold 2 (3 and 4 aswell, in the sense of rinse and repeat) appears and is available for upgrade 

Basically yea 

Just make sure you exit the stronghold and renter once or twice so the game registers your collected scrap, otherwise it disappears and it’s like you never earned it

• Like 1

Just now, EoXers said:

thank you guys, the projects I have to do is all of them for each fort or just projects related to scrap parts? (collection group for example)

For the online content all you need to have completed is the scrap crew as that accumulates scrap while the game is turned off

• Like 1

at the exact moment I publish this post, I got the first team, I broke my head a little because the last missing piece was under other objects on the map so it was kind of hard to find, I start to have a little hope of getting  this challenge.

Is it from here that I risk having my save broken?  and I have to start making a lot of manual saves?

21 minutes ago, EoXers said:

Just finished this quest on the second stronghold and also the second scrap team, I'm very confident now, i will take this dawn to finish everything and take that weight off my back, just sleep and wait the scraps progression

Good.  Once you finish the mission to break through the jaw, you can access friar's stronghold (no pre-requisites) and pink eye's stronghold (just gotta break the scrotus forces seiging her first)

So long as you do not die while autosaving after %100ing a scavenging location, you'll be safe from the locations glitch

1 hour ago, mattfry94 said:

Essentially, yes.  Just avoid dieing while autosaving at scavenging locations to avoid that glitch, and you'll be good to go.  At this point, I would just get the 4 crews up, clear the 500/2000 challenges, and then make a couple of backup saves incase you run into one of the couple odd glitches later on

• Like 2

I would also recommend doing the mission in the lower right corner of the map called "lust for powder," that gives you the ability to build an armory that will automatically refill your ammo whenever you return to the stronghold. Make sure to purchase the jimmy bar for Max before doing the mission.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Good.  Once you finish the mission to break through the jaw, you can access friar's stronghold (no pre-requisites) and pink eye's stronghold (just gotta break the scrotus forces seiging her first)

So long as you do not die while autosaving after %100ing a scavenging location, you'll be safe from the locations glitch

Essentially, yes.  Just avoid dieing while autosaving at scavenging locations to avoid that glitch, and you'll be good to go.  At this point, I would just get the 4 crews up, clear the 500/2000 challenges, and then make a couple of backup saves incase you run into one of the couple odd glitches later on

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! Hopefully I dont run into any of this glitches... I've died a few times already though, I just dont really remember where? Shit man. I've made 4 auto saves already and have backed my save into the cloud. I'm also on the 'Black Magic' mission now and about to go to The Jaw 

1 minute ago, xDerErnst said:

So I got the scrap challenges done but I'm still not sure how that 100% scavenging locations glitch works. According to my stats I have 36 more than on my legends progress, is this right?

Yes, 36 means you're good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

Yes, 36 means you're good.

Thanks for the quick reply! With all that out the way im going to upload my saves asap in case anything happens. Really thankful for this everyone, without this site I probably would never have found out that the servers are being closed.

Edited by xDerErnst