Where to buy PS3 games cheaply (EU/UK)?

Sifferino

13 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Same, some prices for old games on the ps store are just insane. I usually buy from physically from this UK seller on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/musicmagpie?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

They sell them for very cheap, only a couple of euros per game. Shipping is also very cheap if you live in EU

Ah yes, musicMagpie. I know them well, have ordered there many times. They are also on Amazon, always claim that their games are in “very good” condition even if it is a complete trainwreck... but if you complain you usually get a refund and get to keep the game ? (unfortunately it happened quite a few times)

Thanks for the tip though. Any others?

I usually try Amazon. It’s usually under $20 - $30, and you can also obtain imports from here. I’ve gotten 7 or so JP imports, each for $30 or less in nearly mint condition. Used in Japan is new everywhere else, lol.

if you are in the states, there’s also Pawn Shops (seldom), Goodwill (not as much anymore), Flea Markets, or GameStop.

The first two never know what they are selling and will usually sell every game for less than $5, even if it is rare. I got Oreimo, Date A Live, and Star Ocean there (all Japanese) for about $12. The only exceptions are Move titles, which for some reason cost more than the digital version, like $15 - $20. Goodwill is like a treasure hunt, so unless you got plenty of time I wouldn’t recommend it.

Flea Markets vary from bargains to ripoffs. I’ve seen people sell games at reasonable rates, even games right off the truck. Then, there are some who sell it for eBay prices, which is ridiculous. 

Lastly, is GameStop. There are a bunch of games that are very cheap, usually under $10. The best time for this is during their buy 2, get one free promotion sale, as you can buy those expensive games at a bargain, just make sure not to get 2 $20 games and 1 $5, they will show no mercy. It’s best to buy 3 games at about $10 - 15. The games to avoid here are LEGOS, vita games, and Sports games. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

Ah yes, musicMagpie. I know them well, have ordered there many times. They are also on Amazon, always claim that their games are in “very good” condition even if it is a complete trainwreck... but if you complain you usually get a refund and get to keep the game ? (unfortunately it happened quite a few times)

I had a similar issue, but with an eBay seller. I order two love live titles and two months later, they’ve yet to arrive. I filed a complaint, then asked for a refund after I’ve been neglected a response. In the end, I got one of the love live titles around June (3 1/2 months late) free of charge, as id already been sent my refund for both back in May.

The UK has CeX, which is where my PS3s and a lot of my games came from (as eBay/Amazon are more expensive a surprising amount of times). I'd only recommend if they have a store near you though (their website is set up to charge postage on each item).

Other than that, all the places I know of seem to be covered above. For eBay I tend to find auctions work best with a start price that's close to what you're willing to pay (because more people bid when the start price is low, driving it up). Also try misspelling the game (won't show up in most people's searches so less bidders).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StacFace92 said:

The UK has CeX, which is where my PS3s and a lot of my games came from (as eBay/Amazon are more expensive a surprising amount of times). I'd only recommend if they have a store near you though (their website is set up to charge postage on each item).

Brilliant, turns out we have CeX too and it is indeed dirt cheap. Thanks for the tip!

(they are not dumb though: prices for Ratchet & Clank titles are a lot more expensive here too, it is like the whole internet has collectively decided that theseare more rare and we ought to pay 15+ for them)

11 hours ago, StacFace92 said:

Also try misspelling the game (won't show up in most people's searches so less bidders).

Hihi, always a good one ?

If you're from Germany or Austria, I can recommend rebuy.de. I've got most of my current game collection from there and the stuff is mostly in excellent condition. If you buy a used console, the store will grant you a three year warranty. This is what I paid in 2020 (Fallout 4 being the only exception):

unbenannto4k19.png

On 18/09/2020 at 3:04 PM, Santa_in_Sandals said:

If you're from Germany or Austria, I can recommend rebuy.de. I've got most of my current game collection from there and the stuff is mostly in excellent condition. If you buy a used console, the store will grant you a three year warranty. This is what I paid in 2020 (Fallout 4 being the only exception):

unbenannto4k19.png

Wow, unfortunately I am not... because this is a seriously good tip! We do have reBuy in my country (The Netherlands) but they don’t carry games. It doesn’t seem like reBuy.de ships to my country. Good prices though!

• 2 weeks later...