Does anyone enjoy multiplayer ?

koohpaTV

I just finished the trophies for the arcade multiplayer but I'm genuinely curious. I have to ask do you guys enjoy multiplayer ? My time getting the trophies were literally HELL and the multiplayer just seems so clunky that I wonder why multiplayer was even made for this game lol

• Like 2

I didn't really enjoy it, no. Far Cry 5's multiplayer felt so out of place, but a decent amount of things in the game do. I feel like Far Cry has been on a steady decline of identity to the point where it's struggling to remember why people enjoy it so much. Haven't really found myself liking a FC game much since FC3, as the whole narrative idea of having a protagonist find themselves struggling with their identity as they whirlwind into a life of savagery for both the right and wrong reasons was rather intriguing and dark. Not so much the more modern Far Cry that has some weak politics and a shallow villain that somehow turns out to be right in the end. You can imagine why I'd enjoy the tacked on multiplayer modes even less lolol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bakerboy72682 said:

I didn't really enjoy it, no. Far Cry 5's multiplayer felt so out of place, but a decent amount of things in the game do. I feel like Far Cry has been on a steady decline of identity to the point where it's struggling to remember why people enjoy it so much. Haven't really found myself liking a FC game much since FC3, as the whole narrative idea of having a protagonist find themselves struggling with their identity as they whirlwind into a life of savagery for both the right and wrong reasons was rather intriguing and dark. Not so much the more modern Far Cry that has some weak politics and a shallow villain that somehow turns out to be right in the end. You can imagine why I'd enjoy the tacked on multiplayer modes even less lolol

Yes I agree on literally everything you've said .... FC3 was the golden game and I don't think any future installments will top it sadly....

1 hour ago, xItsLesterx said:

I'm sure there may be a person or 2 who did but I didn't. It was horrible. Thank God the online trophies were too easy tho. Nothing like FC2. 

I'm glad that I'm not the only one .... it just made me so mad playing that I HAD to find out if anyone ACTUALLY enjoys multiplayer ..

• Like 1

I haven't played this yet on my account, but when my partner was playing it not long after it came out, I played a few rounds on his and I thought it was pretty bad. I don't know, it wasn't really laggy as such, but something about it just didn't feel at all right to me with the aiming. I couldn't seem to hit anything (I'm not the best at FPS pvp but I can play other games just fine, even with lag). Something just seemed really off. Anyway it was so unenjoyable that I'm dreading having to play the multiplayer on my own account eventually. I feel like these games don't really need it.

• 1 month later...

I absolutely hate this crap. Many featured maps have bugs which then can’t be completed, its so fucking boring as well. This platinum would’ve been fun without the multiplayer, now I don’t even feel like platting this game anymore.

I just played a map to kill 5 people, the last one glitched inside the mountain, I did all of that for nothing.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It was a great idea but i didnt enjoy it. But if you're gonna add an option for community maps, then it needs to be moderated. As people have said there was completely unplayable maps included and that just made these trophies much more annoying.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 2:00 PM, koohpaTV said:

I just finished the trophies for the arcade multiplayer but I'm genuinely curious. I have to ask do you guys enjoy multiplayer ? My time getting the trophies were literally HELL and the multiplayer just seems so clunky that I wonder why multiplayer was even made for this game lol

If you play for fun yes it's fun but for trophies the 10 featured map is annoying evn if you're boosting.

I think Far Cry should move away from this form of multiplayer. Co-op works and it adds to the game, whereas it feels like Ubi just chuck multiplayer on to it without putting the time and effort into making it a worthwhile experience.