Games worth buying for PS VITA?

YeWeeScumBag

I took the plunge and ordered a Ps Vita. Since I haven't owned one before I am looking for the best games to buy for this handheld. I am only interested in games that I can platinum / 100% and add to my collection.

I have also heard that certain games trophy lists stack? If anyone has any info or recommendations on titles you have enjoyed let me know ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NeoMesjasz said:

Unit 13 is great game.

I give you recommendation, try to buy games physical. Vita is dead, nobody knows when Sony will shut down store, no more games on sale, games are still expensive and cannot share account on Vita.

Yes I have been looking at unit 13. I only plan to buy physical games anyway so I can sell them on in the future etc.. thanks for the info ? 

22 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Gravity Rush, Tearaway

will add gravity rush to the list, thanks!

• Like 2

Do you care how lewd a game gets?

Dungeon Travelers 2 is fantastic and one of my favorite DRPGs of all time.

Would also recommend the Demon Gaze series, Mary Skelter (which i need to go back and play more) and the Operation Abyss series.

Senran Kagura is fun, three of those are on vita and so is Valkyrie Drive, another game by the same dev, along with Drive Girls.

Then the usual Gravity Rush, Persona, Ys, Atelier recommendations. Danganronpa too. Odin Sphere and the rest of the vanillware games on the system. Disgaea if you want to grind.

• Like 4

I had this problem too, I feared they may not have many good games for it because it didn’t take off the way it should have. 

When i got my vita so i looked into what games i might like for it. Idk how you feel about trophies that require online play but I recommend resistance burning skies because that one has a very easy online trophy. Literally just play one match.

Obviously you will need to boost. The game is pretty much dead but still obtainable. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Would also recommend the Demon Gaze series, Mary Skelter (which i need to go back and play more) and the Operation Abyss series.

Senran Kagura is fun, three of those are on vita and so is Valkyrie Drive, another game by the same dev, along with Drive Girls.

Then the usual Gravity Rush, Persona, Ys, Atelier recommendations. Danganronpa too. Odin Sphere and the rest of the vanillware games on the system. Disgaea if you want to grind.

Nice! thanks for the recommendations appreciate it ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sporty_chin8 said:

I had this problem too, I feared they may not have many good games for it because it didn’t take off the way it should have. 

When i got my vita so i looked into what games i might like for it. Idk how you feel about trophies that require online play but I recommend resistance burning skies because that one has a very easy online trophy. Literally just play one match.

Obviously you will need to boost. The game is pretty much dead but still obtainable. 

Just had a quick look don't seem to bad tbh nice one ? 

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Is Dungeon Travelers lewd? I may need to track it down.

You've covered most of the best Vita games in your post otherwise.

Although no one seems to have mentioned Killzone yet, which was probably one of the best looking Vita games along with Uncharted.

A couple more - Lost Dimension (which I still need to track down, but I hear is highly recommended), the Hyperdimension games, Freedom Wars, Stranger of Sword City. I also really enjoyed Criminal Girls if you want some lewd fun, and Moe Chronicles (which is import only, but there is an English version)

For games that aren't available physically, Severed is absolutely a must play (Play-Asia actually had a limited edition of this that might be worth tracking down), Guacamelee, and the 2 Velocity games

Edited by diskdocx

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

Although no one seems to have mentioned Killzone yet, which was probably one of the best looking Vita games along with Uncharted.

A couple more - Lost Dimension (which I still need to track down, but I hear is highly recommended), the Hyperdimension games, Freedom Wars, Stranger of Sword City.

For games that aren't available physically, Severed is absolutely a must play (Play-Asia actually had a limited edition of this that might be worth tracking down), Guacamelee, and the 2 Velocity games

Yes it's very lewd, 90% of the enemies are scantily clad women/girls

Lots of lewd CGS, but very fun dungeon crawling, with lots and lots of content that will take you a long time to beat, along with enjoyable characters and story

Sword City also has an enhanced edition that was released digitally as well, so there's the potential for a double plat.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Yes it's very lewd, 90% of the enemies are scantily clad women/girls

Lots of lewd CGS, but very fun dungeon crawling, with lots and lots of content that will take you a long time to beat, along with enjoyable characters and story

Sword City also has an enhanced edition that was released digitally as well, so there's the potential for a double plat.

I didn’t know that about Sword City. I may grab that one, but I have so many physical Vita games well probably see a Vita 2 before I get through them all

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

I didn’t know that about Sword City. I may grab that one, but I have so many physical Vita games well probably see a Vita 2 before I get through them all

That and digital games will probably never go on sale for vita again unless they happen to be crossbuy

Really annoyed that Sony won't throw us cheap PS3 or vita games anymore

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DEI2EK said:

That and digital games will probably never go on sale for vita again unless they happen to be crossbuy

Really annoyed that Sony won't throw us cheap PS3 or vita games anymore

Yep. There's a few I wanted that I'll probably have to bite the bullet and buy at full price. I'm also really annoyed I bought the Sly Collection new and sealed and it doesn't have Sly 3 on the card - you have to download it and the code expired 4 yrs ago. That's really shady. It's no where on the box that the code has an expiration date.

7 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Yep. There's a few I wanted that I'll probably have to bite the bullet and buy at full price. I'm also really annoyed I bought the Sly Collection new and sealed and it doesn't have Sly 3 on the card - you have to download it and the code expired 4 yrs ago. That's really shady. It's no where on the box that the code has an expiration date.

Worst part is Sly 3 isn't even available as its own download on the ps store

38 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

A couple more - Lost Dimension (which I still need to track down, but I hear is highly recommended), the Hyperdimension games, Freedom Wars, Stranger of Sword City. I also really enjoyed Criminal Girls if you want some lewd fun, and Moe Chronicles (which is import only, but there is an English version)

killzone is definitely one I need to get! glad you mentioned it ?