What is you're FAVORITE Story or Gameplay Moment from the Final Fantasy Series (Any Game)?

Gone Fishing

The story of FFVI (FFIII in the US) was probably the best. No great cutscenes or anything, as it was a SNES game, but still shone from a story telling perspective.

I love FF, but FFVI was the last one before they became a bit 'emo' and all the lead characters became whiney bitches!

Except FF9. That dude with the tail was bad-ass :)

• Like 1

I love FF, but FFVI was the last one before they became a bit 'emo' and all the lead characters became whiney bitches!

Except FF9. That dude with the tail was bad-ass :)

I dont think they became "emo" I think they got more Japanese like :P

Also storywise FF VII, VIII and X far outrun the old generation, thats my opinion tho.

Also if we talk about old generation of FF I consider IV the best with Cecil and Kain B)

ffiv_cecil_key_illust.jpg

PS: The kids name in FF IX is Zidane

• Like 1

I dont think they became "emo" I think they got more Japanese like :P

Also storywise FF VII, VIII and X far outrun the old generation, thats my opinion tho.

PS: The kids name in FF IX is Zidane

Come on now, I cant buy into the idea that the nation that brought us Katamari and Loco Roco anf Parapa could be considered emo as a national trend :)

Dont get me wrong, ive loved and finished all offline Final Fantasy numbered games, but from 7 onwards ive noticed a distinct increase in how often I roll my eyes at the whiney nature of some of the characters. How can you be so maudlin Cloud? Look at the size of your frikken sword! :D

I know Zidane's name. But his real name don't make him bad-ass. His bad-ass tail makes him bad-ass :D!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Come on now, I cant buy into the idea that the nation that brought us Katamari and Loco Roco anf Parapa could be considered emo as a national trend :)

Dont get me wrong, ive loved and finished all offline Final Fantasy numbered games, but from 7 onwards ive noticed a distinct increase in how often I roll my eyes at the whiney nature of some of the characters. How can you be so maudlin Cloud? Look at the size of your frikken sword! :D

Well I dont think I stated that Japans national trend is emo, but the look of their characters is quite common in japanese modern culture. 

With that aside yes I agree most of them are dumb or whine all the time but that doesnt ruin the value of the story. Also thanks to that 

characters like Auron, Sephiroth or Laguna pop out, these characters in my opinion are quite interesting and serve as a balance to the main whiny bastards :P

• Like 2

I know people don't really like FF13 but this cutscene is just badass.

Hell yeah!

On topic:

Two scenes of FFIX, one is completely awesome, and the other almost made me jump and scream like teenage girl (and the one from X but somebody posted it already)

Until 3:06

The Finale

Edited by Arkthur_us
  • Like 2

Story bits:

FFIV, when Tellah converts his life into mana to cast Meteo, the ultimate black magic spell, to kill Golbez and avenge his daughter... only for Golbez to survive, leaving the old Sage writhing on the ground in despair, his last breaths spent on lamenting what a failure he is. Then death. THAT is heart wrenching end.

FFVI, Celes' cliff jump. I'm not going to describe it. You either know it or you don't. If you don't then I suggest you grab your nearest emulator.

• Like 2

I have a LOT of amazing moments from the Final Fantasy series, really hard to pick one. But the first thing that popped into my head was when Princess Garnet cut off her hair in Final Fantasy 9 smiley-love057.gif

I really miss the good old Final Fantasy series

Can't wait for Final Fantasy X and X-2 emoticon-anime-002.gif :)

• Like 2