How to enable cheats in Grounded Mode

proud2bNs

6 hours ago, RedCraft02 said:

Does thus work on the Remastered version too?

Unfortunately not, and just to reiterate every1 because I found it hard to believe as well, you CANNOT USE THE CHEATS ON THE REMASTERED VERSION ;(

I managed to get them working on a Grounded encounter, but they just deactivate now whenever you load into a story mission. I tried resume activity and all sorts with no luck!! Not to say there isnt some very odd sequence of actions which can get them working, but I spent an hour trying different things to no success other than getting the Mods working on grounded encounters, but that doesn't really help anything.

accessibility options still worl of course, and if anybody is looking for an optimal roadmap for the remastered version, this is what I think it would look like.

Playthrough 1 - Very Light Permadeath.

Playthrough 2 - Grounded+

And of course mix all the trophies between them!! 2 Playthroughs only so not much slower even without the cheats, as even with cheats, would still be 2 plays. This is the roadmap i'll be doing in my walkthrough.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Unfortunately not, and just to reiterate every1 because I found it hard to believe as well, you CANNOT USE THE CHEATS ON THE REMASTERED VERSION ;(

I managed to get them working on a Grounded encounter, but they just deactivate now whenever you load into a story mission. I tried resume activity and all sorts with no luck!! Not to say there isnt some very odd sequence of actions which can get them working, but I spent an hour trying different things to no success other than getting the Mods working on grounded encounters, but that doesn't really help anything.

accessibility options still worl of course, and if anybody is looking for an optimal roadmap for the remastered version, this is what I think it would look like.

Playthrough 1 - Very Light Permadeath.

Playthrough 2 - Grounded+

And of course mix all the trophies between them!! 2 Playthroughs only so not much slower even without the cheats, as even with cheats, would still be 2 plays. This is the roadmap i'll be doing in my walkthrough.

Do you have any idea if it still works on the ps4 version? Could always just do it there and transfer the save to the Remastered version 

2 hours ago, Kubanga said:

Do you have any idea if it still works on the ps4 version? Could always just do it there and transfer the save to the Remastered version 

Unsure but i likely will, you would have to get to the end on PS4 and then import the save

48 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Unsure but i likely will, you would have to get to the end on PS4 and then import the save

True, I didn't ever do grounded or permadeath on the PS4 version though so I guess that works out for me anyways. 

On 1/30/2024 at 6:30 AM, Kubanga said:

I just did this today on the original PS4 version and got the trophy for grounded playing the whole game with cheats. So I would suggest getting this trophy first one the ps4 version, then transferring the trophy to the ps5 version.

I was able to get this working on the PS5 Remaster. It’s actually easier than the PS4 version as you can do it from the very start of the prologue.

I am using grounded + permadeath and new game+ for these steps. I don’t know if these steps work for grounded alone, but likely do.

1. Start a New Game with grounded and permadeath. Once you have control of Joel in the garage, quit to the main menu. Note: Since I am using permadeath, I don’t need to make a manual save. 
2. Load any save file that is not grounded and is not permadeath! You can also start a new game here if you don’t have a save file available.

3. Main Menu -> Extras -> Gameplay Modifiers. Turn on any you want.

4. Go to the PS5 home.

5. Go to the list of activities. There should be one for the permadeath challenge. It should say “Start Activity”, not “Resume Activity”. Press square.

6. If done correctly, you should be on the screen where you select the difficulty for a new game.

7. Press circle to back out.

8. Load game -> grounded + permadeath save file.

9. Check to make sure all the cheats are still enabled.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ExpectedMore402 said:

I was able to get this working on the PS5 Remaster. It’s actually easier than the PS4 version as you can do it from the very start of the prologue.

I am using grounded + permadeath and new game+ for these steps. I don’t know if these steps work for grounded alone, but likely do.

1. Start a New Game with grounded and permadeath. Once you have control of Joel in the garage, quit to the main menu. Note: Since I am using permadeath, I don’t need to make a manual save. 
2. Load any save file that is not grounded and is not permadeath! You can also start a new game here if you don’t have a save file available.

4. Go to the PS5 home.

5. Go to the list of activities. There should be one for the permadeath challenge. It should say “Start Activity”, not “Resume Activity”. Press square.

6. If done correctly, you should be on the screen where you select the difficulty for a new game.

Trophies do pop with that method?

On 2/3/2024 at 6:55 AM, papanikolaou said:

Trophies do pop with that method?

I’ve been working on the No Return trophies, so I haven’t done my full grounded run with cheats on. I’ll let you know if the trophies pop. I imagine they will - same as on the PS4.

48 minutes ago, Thay_SA_23 said:

This works for grounded daily run? I'll tried but I didn't work

They're talking about using cheats for the main story on Grounded, not the No Return daily runs.

There's another thread on here covering an exploit to get more than one attempt per day if you're struggling.

• Like 1

Guys I platinum this game a long time ago and lost my save (ps4 version).

Now I’m doing a new save on very easy to get the permadeath trophy and exploring a bit to get the supplies and gears for upgrades. Then I will do grounded with cheats. I won’t  be max out with any of the characters (maybe 60-65% of the skill tree completed) how doable will be grounded with all the cheats enable? Should I do a 2 run to max out Ellie and Abby before the grounded with cheats?

I’m focusing on health and stealth skills, also I will use accessibility options on grounded too.

Edited by Sapequete123

On 2/3/2024 at 12:24 AM, ExpectedMore402 said:

4. Go to the PS5 home.

Very nice find mate, thanks.

I tried a lot of things, but had said there maybe a very specific sequence of actions that I missed that may get it working. Glad somebody found those!!

So they patched it, or they thought they did, but somehow they forgot to fix the permadeath autosave backups!!!

47 minutes ago, Sapequete123 said:

I won’t  be max out with any of the characters (maybe 60-65% of the skill tree completed) how doable will be grounded with all the cheats enable? Should I do a 2 run to max out Ellie and Abby before the grounded with cheats?

Grounded is pretty simple without cheats if you're using acessibility options and/or you've played the game before. 

I fully upgraded Ellie and Abby's skills and weapons during my second playthrough, which was on Grounded. Pretty sure I had their skills/weapons maxed by early Day 2, so doing a playthrough for the sole purpose of grinding supplements and parts is pretty unneccessary. 

Edited by BusyFace13

29 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Very nice find mate, thanks.

I tried a lot of things, but had said there maybe a very specific sequence of actions that I missed that may get it working. Glad somebody found those!!

So they patched it, or they thought they did, but somehow they forgot to fix the permadeath autosave backups!!!

There aren't autosave backups without permadeath enabled?

12 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

Grounded is pretty simple without cheats if you're using acessibility options and/or you've played the game before. 

I fully upgraded Ellie and Abby's skills and weapons during my second playthrough, which was on Grounded. Pretty sure I had their skills/weapons maxed by early Day 2, so doing a playthrough for the sole purpose of grinding supplements and parts is pretty unneccessary. 

Thanks for the response man, so I will do that. Finish my run for the permadeath trophy and then do the grounded one while trying to get as much resources as I can. So you didn’t use any cheats on grounded right? It was easy with accessibility?

1 hour ago, westersburg said:

There aren't autosave backups without permadeath enabled?

I cant remember, maybe, what I mean is its either connected to the autosave backup or to the autosave backup permadeath, and thanks to whoever figured it out ;)

I still dunno if I wanna use them though because it could get patched. They obviously tried to remove the exploit, but just did a half-assed job i guess, similar to how they did the job on collectibles which have never been glitch free.

Edited by Optinooby

On 2/5/2024 at 12:11 PM, KN_Kirai said:

I found a Youtube video explaining how to enable cheats on Grounded+ and Permadeath on the Remastered version and I can confirm it works:

I'll use it to finish the run and check if the trophies unlock, just in case.

I can confirm, it works. Just got trophies for grounded Thanks.

Edited by JerRryCZ
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I cant remember, maybe, what I mean is its either connected to the autosave backup or to the autosave backup permadeath, and thanks to whoever figured it out ;)

I still dunno if I wanna use them though because it could get patched. They obviously tried to remove the exploit, but just did a half-assed job i guess, similar to how they did the job on collectibles which have never been glitch free.

Backup seems to be the thing. I tried it with my regular grounded playthrough (no permadeath). I can activate it as shown in the video. Not through yet, but doubt it will void the trophy.

On 4/1/2023 at 5:02 PM, Madriano13 said:

Dunno if this was ever mentioned before, but I think there's an easier way to do it and that let's you do even before the first encounter.

1. Start a New Game+ on Grounded (with or without permadeath)

2. Go back into the menu as soon as you see the game created a save for it

3. Load up your COMPLETE game save (which is nice cause since it's the complete save, you won't even be booted into the game, but it will re-enable the modifiers)

4. Do all the modifiers you want under the EXTRAS options

5. Load back into the save made in step 2

^This

• Like 2

23 hours ago, dmsleight said:
On 4/1/2023 at 4:02 PM, Madriano13 said:

Dunno if this was ever mentioned before, but I think there's an easier way to do it and that let's you do even before the first encounter.

1. Start a New Game+ on Grounded (with or without permadeath)

2. Go back into the menu as soon as you see the game created a save for it

3. Load up your COMPLETE game save (which is nice cause since it's the complete save, you won't even be booted into the game, but it will re-enable the modifiers)

4. Do all the modifiers you want under the EXTRAS options

5. Load back into the save made in step 2

^This

Just to be clear, this is in regards to the PS4 version, since there now seems to be talk regarding both it and the remaster. The method is so much easier than the previously listed way, many thanks to Madriano13 to alerting me to this. (I'll test the separate PS5 method once I finish my permadeath run on ps4.)

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, sciaquatilocchio said:

Apparently a new patch came out on February 13, can anyone confirm that the glitch still works and can be used for trophies?

https://prosperopatches.com/PPSA15508

36 minutes ago, Rikorus_Boss said:

First version still works, I finished 20 minutes ago. Second faster method does not work as other mentioned.

It still works, and there is an 'even' faster version. The cheats basically become enable forever on the save once you trigger the exploit, no need to load another and then switch back.

I've been messing around with it today to learn how it works.

So for it to trigger in the first place, you load any chapter via chapter select on easy, allow the game to save, then you activate the cheats and load your grounded save right.

Well your grounded autosave MUST be the 2nd save in the list and it must be a autosave backup. Those two factors seem to be key.

Your grounded save is usually in the first slot yea, but when you load a chapter on chapter select, it gets pushed to slot 2 (becomes a autosave backup) and the current chapter select save becomes slot 1.

The 2nd save slot seems to be key. Something happens between the 1st and 2nd save slots that allow us to transfer the cheats working from slot 1 to slot 2, well with this method anyway. Then once you have the cheats working this way on the grounded save, they will forever work and become part of the playthrough. Kinda weird.

So to sum up:

1 - Be sure your Grounded save is in slot 1, let's say Prologue.

2 - Go to chapter select and load any chapter and difficulty where cheats work, lets say Prologue.

3 - Wait for the game to autosave, then enable some cheats and check your Grounded save is now in slot 2 and is a autosave backup.

4 - Once sure, load the Grounded save. You will now see cheats are not even locked and you can freely turn on/off while on Grounded.

5 - Once the game saves, this Grounded save will forever have cheats enabled!

Im not sure why this worked so well for me as I see with others that the cheats are enabled on Grounded, but locked. But somehow they are not even locked on my Grounded!!! This may work so well because both the saves are at the same spot in the prologue (literally 1st autosave) or because I boot the game with the Grounded save being the newest.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3